Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,191 members, 7,822,013 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:27 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (1892) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4770536 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1889) (1890) (1891) (1892) (1893) (1894) (1895) ... (5696) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 6:43pm On Sep 08, 2019
dru23:

The car was bought at an auction and it was rusted....try to take time and read bro.. I should have not bought the car at the auction to begin.. I started that even when the car got to Nigeria my mechanic looked at it and said too much rust... if you know anything about auction cars .. It is basically u taking a 50/50 chance.. Most times I buy from private individuals in the USA ..
That been said the car has doing very ok and the major things I change was transmission and that was about after six months on uber.... The shaft issue you are having I don't have those issues yet .. The civic is very easy to maintain and did I mention that my drivers don't spend a kobo out of their pockets for expenses at all ...so if the car gives them issue they will take it to my mechanic...... Try and learn and understand bro ,it will help you in the long run.... This is why I don't buy naijed used cars .. I would take my chances with a tokunbo anytime and anyday...

Try and learn! Try and learn!! Its a faceless forum bro, I took my time and read, no where u mention auction, am I supposed to understand abstract? When I mention things, I didn't mean my car, but in general.Accord legs I known to pull out, it is a general tin and my observation, soh I feel every car have dia good and bad side during review.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by timilehing(m): 6:53pm On Sep 08, 2019
eherbal:
oh.ok.the interior is impressive.beats the Camry and Corolla hands down,but the parts are very expensive bro.
Even for a 2011 Corolla, the parts are not cheap unlike the 03-07 models. Don't expect cheap parts for this decade vehicles

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by timilehing(m): 6:54pm On Sep 08, 2019
deedee44:

How long have you been using it? Use it for a year at least before you conclude
Being driving it occasionally since 2017. Bought it outrightly last month

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 7:17pm On Sep 08, 2019
timilehing:
Being driving it occasionally since 2017. Bought it outrightly last month
Drive it consistently for a year before you compare it with Corolla and camry that are used for Uber without major complaints
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by oblozzolawrence: 8:03pm On Sep 08, 2019
Senior men in the house abeg make una epp a guyman out...
I don try save up reach 800k and i won drop my aunty car cos the car dey give me too much wahala.(consume alot fuel + short oil issues).na evil spirit honda accord.
Anyways im really confused as to what car to buy, would really love to enter coro lane(corolla car) bt my money no reach.

My frend is advising me to buy one honda civic 2006 model wey somebody won sell but i also saw a very clean VW passat 2006 model fsi turbo, owner claims he bought it last year tokunbo, still very sharp.

Im kinda confuse rite now as i nid a car wit a very low fuel consumption(car wey no dey chop fuel too much) and car wey d spare part full everywhere.

Pls advise or state any car that has that spec within my aforementioned amount (800k).

Na me myself and i go dey drive em ooo!!!! Dey use em hustle.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Hazardd(m): 8:18pm On Sep 08, 2019
timilehing:
I've replied your email since
have replied
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 8:50pm On Sep 08, 2019
dru23:
Continue .....so fresh so clean .....
If I have the means of buying and shipping cars to Naija like you I for leave Uber, I will rather bring my cars and sell of then make instant profit as the case may be.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 9:03pm On Sep 08, 2019
oblozzolawrence:
I don try save up reach 800k and i won drop my aunty car cos the car dey give me too much wahala.(consume alot fuel + short oil issues).na evil spirit honda accord.
Anyways im really confused as to what car to buy, would really love to enter coro lane(corolla car) bt my money no reach.

My frend is advising me to buy one honda civic 2006 model wey somebody won sell but i also saw a very clean VW passat 2006 model fsi turbo, owner claims he bought it last year tokunbo, still very sharp.

Im kinda confuse rite now as i nid a car wit a very low fuel consumption(car wey no dey chop fuel too much) and car wey d spare part full everywhere.

Pls advise or state any car that has that spec within my aforementioned amount (800k).

Cc: Tojahh
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Mosilar(m): 9:14pm On Sep 08, 2019
car for hire,
Camery car 2009 big daddy,
Company or individual,
Call or WhatsApp 08146126762

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 9:16pm On Sep 08, 2019
Gentlelife50:

If I have the means of buying and shipping cars to Naija like you I for leave Uber, I will rather bring my cars and sell of then make instant profit as the case may be.

My brother honest truth ...car is business is not easy at all bro .. I only ship cars when I see a good deal .. At times it's like a hobby to me .. The profit margin is not all that great bro ...but I look at it like as passive income ..... You also need a business that brings in cash flow.. Uber does that for me ...so my brother uber is not bad at all .. It is tough at times ,but it's ok ..also not all drivers are lazy .. U have people out there that are willing to work as long as you give them the tools to wrk
For me for example I might joke on nairaland and act like a thug.. It is all fun to me ,but when it comes to business I try to be fair and objective with people... one of my biggest motivation is my female uber driver .. She started with me with no experience at all.. Till today she is the best driver have had si far. Not that other drivers I have are bad or anything like that.. But for the fact that she is female ,and she is on point makes her the best..... So I will choose uber business over car business anytime and any day ....

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by timilehing(m): 9:22pm On Sep 08, 2019
deedee44:

Drive it consistently for a year before you compare it with Corolla and camry that are used for Uber without major complaints
how many of 2011 Corolla do we have on Uber? Stop comparing those 03-07 cars to 2010 & above models. They were made of different things entirely
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by oblozzolawrence: 9:31pm On Sep 08, 2019
oblozzolawrence:

dru23
Tojahh
Abeg make una epp me out na.... Biko
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 9:58pm On Sep 08, 2019
dru23:

My brother honest truth ...car is business is not easy at all bro .. I only ship cars when I see a good deal .. At times it's like a hobby to me .. The profit margin is not all that great bro ...but I look at it like as passive income ..... You also need a business that brings in cash flow.. Uber does that for me ...so my brother uber is not bad at all .. It is tough at times ,but it's ok ..also not all drivers are lazy .. U have people out there that are willing to work as long as you give them the tools to wrk
For me for example I might joke on nairaland and act like a thug.. It is all fun to me ,but when it comes to business I try to be fair and objective with people... one of my biggest motivation is my female uber driver .. She started with me with no experience at all.. Till today she is the best driver have had si far. Not that other drivers I have are bad or anything like that.. But for the fact that she is female ,and she is on point makes her the best..... So I will choose uber business over car business anytime and any day ....
Okay, I got it
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 10:13pm On Sep 08, 2019
oblozzolawrence:

How many months you take drive the Honda Accord ?
Despite the high fuel consumption ,were you able to rake in 20k a week after expenses?
Someone on this platform shared a terrible experience he had with 2008 VW Passat which he later sold after 5 months to buy Corolla. I spoke with him on WhatsApp when i wanted to carry my Aunt Old fashioned 2002 Ford Mondeo and he advised me not to overuse the car or else i go hear am .
Seek his opinions on the Passat before you make any decision.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chucsmoore(m): 10:14pm On Sep 08, 2019
Today's work, request to bad roads Ejigbo, Alapere, Ojodu, ikotun

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Cooladex(m): 10:17pm On Sep 08, 2019
One Marwa just came from nowhere to ruin my day just after heading home.
He finished my bumper.

So sad!

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tojahh(m): 10:37pm On Sep 08, 2019
Cooladex:
One Marwa just came from nowhere to ruin my day just after heading home.
He finished my bumper.

So sad!

Hope you collect money from am... Then snap an show your insurance company.

Shikena. I don't fight with no one, insurance is my backing while the offender still pays me.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tojahh(m): 10:38pm On Sep 08, 2019
dru23:

So I will choose uber business over car business anytime and any day ....

You have a clear business sense. No doubt Dru... No doubt!!

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 10:39pm On Sep 08, 2019
dru23:
[/b]

Luck is a product of hard work ....we dey try small small.... Please I get 04 Camry coming next month .......get your money ready .......

Ps.. This are not rusted or auction cars o ...nothing wrong with auction cars or rusted cars .. As long the buyer is aware

for how much ?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tojahh(m): 10:39pm On Sep 08, 2019
pope191:

Cc: Tojahh

Baba this one you mention me so... Shey I go collect consultation fee ni? grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:42pm On Sep 08, 2019
oblozzolawrence:

Do not buy any of the cars mentioned. Save Ur money till it gets to 1.3-1.6m
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by iyaegin: 11:44pm On Sep 08, 2019
slamstanlee:

Happens when someone request a ride for another and probably on motion i guess.

Only happened d day d the person that requested me was in another car moving in our front, actual riders where in my car and called him for the code.

Since den people still request for themselves and no code prompt yet.

Lol on the contrary the code is requested for when you pick up a rider at a different pick up point from indicated and you then try to start the trip.it is supposed to be a validation from the rider that trip is truly okay to start e.g if you start trip from Eko hotel and rider is at Oniru waiting for pickup and na JJC e.g 5.0 rated riders ..Uber don cast una however if maybe it's rider fault and rider picks wrong pickup and you are close there then no code is requested e.g Rider is at IMAX and wants to go home at Yaba and lazily picks Lekki phase 1 as pickup ( e dey happen wella) uber will route the request to a driver on admiralty since that is where it recognizes as Lekki 1 now driver gets to the stated pickup on Admiralty and waits 5mins then calls rider only to hear rider is at IMAX he then drives down to IMAX cos he does not want to cancel and get his 300 or 388 if 3% is activated he gets to IMAX, picks rider and starts trip ,uber being so kind will maybe assume he forgot to start at admiralty where rider was supposed to be and then allow him still earn his trip from admiralty to IMAX before then starting the actual trip.my story too long..now it's bedtime..make una go sleep

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by oblozzolawrence: 12:24am On Sep 09, 2019
muyiwaadekunle1:

How many months you take drive the Honda Accord ?
Despite the high fuel consumption ,were you able to rake in 20k a week after expenses?
Someone on this platform shared a terrible experience he had with 2008 VW Passat which he later sold after 5 months to buy Corolla. I spoke with him on WhatsApp when i wanted to carry my Aunt Old fashioned 2002 Ford Mondeo and he advised me not to overuse the car or else i go hear am .
Seek his opinions on the Passat before you make any decision.
Bros na 6months i drive em ➕ dis month go make em 7months... Yes and i always deliver 20k to her every week no excuse, bt where dey chop my money na fuel, like dis na AC issue i dey face, planning to buy new compressor rite now.

I jus want something dats mine

Anyways ....tanks for the advice boss.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by oblozzolawrence: 12:26am On Sep 09, 2019
tojahh:

Baba this one you mention me so... Shey I go collect consultation fee ni? grin
grin grin grin
Na base on who yhu be na.... Na him make baba mention baba.

Bt bros ur opinion would be really appreciated ooo!!!
Tanks
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 12:35am On Sep 09, 2019
fabiano09:

for how much ?

1.5m last last....
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 12:37am On Sep 09, 2019
tojahh:

You have a clear business sense. No doubt Dru... No doubt!!

My brother we dey try thats all ......
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 12:43am On Sep 09, 2019
oblozzolawrence:

If you can rise around 1.3m ,buy a tokunbo 04 to 05 civic ...since you are the owner, you will enjoy it and save money on fuel. Do regular oil change with full synethic.... Take care of it and it will serve you well...

Ps. My civic is driven by a lady on the uber platform... she loves it and she tells me the car the swim for water during raining season...
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by oblozzolawrence: 12:55am On Sep 09, 2019
dru23:

If you can rise around 1.3m ,buy a tokunbo 04 to 05 civic ...since you are the owner, you will enjoy it and save money on fuel. Do regular oil change with full synethic.... Take care of it and it will serve you well...

Ps. My civic is driven by a lady on the uber platform... she loves it and she tells me the car the swim for water during raining season...
Nice one boss.... Duly noted.
Tanks... Really appreciate
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by oblozzolawrence: 12:56am On Sep 09, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

Do not buy any of the cars mentioned. Save Ur money till it gets to 1.3-1.6m
Tanks boss... Really appreciate.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by franksam2009: 1:04am On Sep 09, 2019
dru23:

...U see Corolla owners or mostly Nigeria car owners love to use Mobil xhp 20w50. Which than starts to short oil ......
20w-30 oil serviced at 3k miles is far more better than 5w-30 serviced at 12k miles(it's impossible 4 an oil filter 2 even last this long)

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 1:24am On Sep 09, 2019
franksam2009:
20w-30 oil serviced at 3k miles is far more better than 5w-30 serviced at 12k miles(it's impossible 4 an oil filter 2 even last this long)

My brother better to follow car manufacturers oil grade o .. I never knew 20w-30 existed until I came to nairaland... please dont come up excuse that Nigeria weather is hot and that is why 20w-30 is accepted o . Because Texas, Arizona and especially Las Vegas are hotter than Nigeria o ...Cars and engine oil are formulated to meet the USA driving conditions ... Corolla built in South Africa or European are completely different from their counter parts in the USA.. So kindly follow manufacturer advice on oil cap ....

Now oil filter topic.... Cabs that or fleets that ply the USA road 24/7. What filters are they using? Most are capable of 3k miles month or less. Don't you think they will use better filters that will give them longer oil change and filter interval ? Filters really matter bro and some are ok and some are excellent.

Ps . Have been selling oil filters that give up to 15k oil interval for three years plus ... And none of my customers has ever complain to me. Now depending on driving conditions ,I wouldn't do pass 12k miles on Mobil 1 extended performance and 15k miles oil filter.... If drive mainly on high way road ,I might do the both 15k miles oil change and 15k miles oil filter. But since I have my cars on uber with heavy dust and traffic . And stop and go I will do only 12k miles on oil and filter...
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by MoonlightDrive: 1:31am On Sep 09, 2019
izzou:

Opay
Ofood
Ocab
Ohospital
Ouniversity

What is wrong with these people? angry

You forgot to add
OKash ... borrow money
OWealth... investment plan

Let them continue, we shall soon get to "O" to ge! kiss

These "O" ain't loyal grin... Chris Brown

10 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (1889) (1890) (1891) (1892) (1893) (1894) (1895) ... (5696) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.