Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:15 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (2032) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4770768 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2029) (2030) (2031) (2032) (2033) (2034) (2035) ... (5696) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by confusedworld17: 8:32pm On Oct 30, 2019
E no dey easy to control temper Oo...

See now... @pocohantas has fired back at @InvestorO.

@InvestorO:No you ANTIBRUTUS AND POCOHANTAS need to give yourself brain...

@pocohantas : You don't have a brain, you definitely won't be able to identify someone with one. So, you are forgiven.

Me don see rider wey pass that one and I swallowed it.
We all have different breaking points.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 8:43pm On Oct 30, 2019
emmancecute:

Madam, have you driven on uber before?
The thing tire person, the way CEO's just highjack the thread weak me

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 8:47pm On Oct 30, 2019
pocohantas:

Lol. Yes it is. I will be really surprised if a prostitute takes offence for being called just what she is - A PROSTITUTE. Especially when she is on the job and we are all sure she is one cheesy

Client: I would love to do it through your a-s-s to night
Prostitute: there's no way I am letting you into me through there.

Client: wetin? No be PROSTITUTE you be?

Context is everything. I am sure if he had his head buried in between a ladies boobs, while his head is being rubbed at the same time he was called a taxi driver, he probably would have laughed his heart out.

She did wrong. Let's call it what it is. If she needed a ride so badly she could have as well coaxed the guy.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pocohantas(f): 8:49pm On Oct 30, 2019
tojahh:

And the latter might be translated to the former if the customer wants to show "Customers are always right" attitude.

See Ma'am, most staff in a cooperate firm talk the middle finger not because of professionalism (Or who they truly are). But because eye service is the god of every staff in a company. But to an Uber driver, reverse is the case, especially with the competition and assurance of the market. Highest.... The person go join Oride or Maxkada. wink

I agree to the closing part of your post. I did mention that to someone here, you all are in "luck" that you can respond whatever way. But some jobs build our tolerance level- this driving thing has to be one of them. Help me beg your colleagues to take it easy. We are not out to get them. Izzu my love was one of you. Our marriage would have scattered if I look down on drivers.

Thank you for your calm response, Sir. I can tell you won't call me olosho if I call you taxi driver now... cheesy
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pocohantas(f): 8:54pm On Oct 30, 2019
confusedworld17:
E no dey easy to control temper Oo...

Me don see rider wey pass that one and I swallowed it.
We all have different breaking points.

I responded to him that way because he has never been sensible to me at least. Outside here, if he is a customer, I ignore his kind. NL doesn't pay my bills and my temper was very well in check. I only reversed the lack of brain to him grin

Crvrider:

Client: I would love to do it through your a-s-s to night
Prostitute: there's no way I am letting you into me through there.

Client: wetin? No be PROSTITUTE you be?

Context is everything. I am sure if he had his head buried in between a ladies boobs, while his head is being rubbed at the same time he was called a taxi driver, he probably would have laughed his heart out.

She did wrong. Let's call it what it is. If she needed a ride so badly she could have as well coaxed the guy.

I never said she did right. I don't think anyone has said that so far. I am saying, he didn't do any better himself... While calling it what it is, let's include that part.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by xana101: 8:55pm On Oct 30, 2019
2007 Toyota Corolla for HP
Call for more details.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 8:58pm On Oct 30, 2019
thelastorca:

Gazzuz and Rd autoworks own their platforms.

If I am self employed, I can choose to reject jobs. However as an employee/partner I may not have that leverage, depending on the terms of my employment/ agreement.

And did uber tell you that a partner is an employee?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pocohantas(f): 9:03pm On Oct 30, 2019
truthsayer009:

Poco the Poco grin grin grin

Prostitute is the word Men used on the street of Lagos when they don't agree with you, & it doesn't matter the scenario, it can be on anything.

A basic conversation would go like this:

Female Buyer: hello, please how much is this bag?
Male seller: 20k madame, original leather.

Female Buyer: Habba, can you take 5k?
Male seller: Mtchew abeg comot, Ashawo!

I know, just like women will say "poor man" or attack his manhood. cheesy

Let that kind thing remain in the "street".

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 9:07pm On Oct 30, 2019
radautoworks:

Yes oh. My idiotmeter got overloaded grin

Aunty radu you seem to be all over the place today. Hope you are not using company time sha o, cos that would be unprofessional? grin

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 9:10pm On Oct 30, 2019
radautoworks:

Stop viewing everything from a "you women" standpoint and we will.

Let me ask, if it had been a male passenger who texted that, what would the return insult have been?

Gigolo, I suppose!?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 9:17pm On Oct 30, 2019

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 9:17pm On Oct 30, 2019
[quote author=Gentlelife50 post=83605471]
The thing tire person, the way CEO's just highjack the thread weak me[/quote]

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 9:18pm On Oct 30, 2019
Chuwaa:

Uber says 'drive at your own time' and there's a leeway for rejecting trips. Those terms are clearly spelt out when driver chooses to reject a trip, though all the possible scenarios were not captured hence the peg at certain percentage of trip rejection. Bros that's the term. UBER AND TAXIFY DRIVERS ARE ALLOWED UNDER THE TERMS TO REJECT TRIPS BUT REJECTED TRIPS MUST NOT GO BEYOND A CERTAIN PERCENTAGE! KAPISH.

I don’t understand. Maybe if you say it slowly I will figure it out
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Epphy(m): 9:19pm On Oct 30, 2019
What if the driver had a great discerning heart and she was actually a prostitute? grin

Let us just agree we were not there and he was very angry and hence his response. Reactions are sometimes worse than actions. I am not saying he was right, he & the rider are the best persons to settle the argument we have here. Apparently, the rider is not on this thread.

Chai...the discussions for this matter sef cool

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 9:19pm On Oct 30, 2019
Crvrider:

Aunty radu you seem to be all over the place today. Hope you are not using company time sha o, cos that would be unprofessional? grin

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 9:24pm On Oct 30, 2019
pocohantas:

I know, just like women will say "poor man" or attack his manhood. cheesy

Let that kind thing remain in the "street".
Uber drivers work in street grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by confusedworld17: 9:26pm On Oct 30, 2019
So @izzou has finally left us without any official notification ?
No wahala, someone from za oza room don spill the beans here.
She even called him "Izu my love". I bin think say na izzou be the name oo...

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 9:27pm On Oct 30, 2019
thelastorca:

I don’t understand. Maybe if you say it slowly I will figure it out

You'll not understand, but I'll help you.
Resign that oil and gas job, pick up a car on rental or HP, be on the road for 10-15 hours daily, after one month, come back and let's have this discussion. grin

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by donfortune48(m): 9:37pm On Oct 30, 2019
izzou:

Which kind person you be sef??

grin grin grin

pocohantas:

I agree to the closing part of your post. I did mention that to someone here, you all are in "luck" that you can respond whatever way. But some jobs build our tolerance level- this driving thing has to be one of them. Help me beg your colleagues to take it easy. We are not out to get them. Izzu my love was one of you. Our marriage would have scattered if I look down on drivers.

Thank you for your calm response, Sir. I can tell you won't call me olosho if I call you taxi driver now... cheesy

I'm confused.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pocohantas(f): 9:47pm On Oct 30, 2019
Gentlelife50:

I would never understand why some of you are overly sensitive and quick to play victim. Thinking everyone is trying to put you down. So, one needs to drive on UBER to relate to all your actions or disagree with them? Smh!!!

Chuwaa:

Uber drivers work in street grin grin

But they are not from the street or I like to think they are a special class of "street".
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 9:51pm On Oct 30, 2019
pocohantas:

I would never understand why some of you are overly sensitive and quick to play victim. Thinking everyone is trying to put you down. So, one needs to drive on UBER to relate to all your actions or disagree with them? Smh!!!

But they are not from the street or I like to think they are a special class of "street".

That’s why I said tribalism. The attitude here is Uber drivers and Uber drivers only. Like a erm exclusive boys club that only they understand. These things are too complex for simpletons outside our brotherhood to understand. You can even see it in some of the responses and the Uber driver wall of solidarity

It is what it is
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 9:52pm On Oct 30, 2019

8 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pocohantas(f): 10:05pm On Oct 30, 2019
Chuwaa:

Madam, you're now being overly sensitive. If you go back to about twenty or pages before, you'll see the origin and context of the word CEO. And can you also give him the benefit of doubt that his use of CEO wasn't about victim mentality, but a humorous one. I for one see this as humorous. I had back then appealed to all ex drivers, CEO, etc to quit this thread for current drivers.

I know the origin and It never came from a good place to start with. That wasn't humour- maybe a dark one or sarcasm.

And yes, if there is anything I have learned on this thread- it is, drivers are always or most times right. Once you disagree with them, you are a CEO, one that doesn't own a car and can't relate to car troubles or a lowly person. However, they wouldn't hesitate to cry wolf when an ill mannered rider looks down on them. It is just different shades of belittling people after all.

You should rephrase your closing statement to be- stop posting when you don't agree with us. I am very sure you wouldn't have a problem with the opposite. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pocohantas(f): 10:14pm On Oct 30, 2019
thelastorca:

That’s why I said tribalism. The attitude here is Uber drivers and Uber drivers only. Like a erm exclusive boys club that only they understand. These things are too complex for simpletons outside our brotherhood to understand. You can even see it in some of the responses and the Uber driver wall of solidarity

It is what it is

Yea, pretty obvious. The brotherhood is strong here. I really love how they maneuver past the subject- must be something that comes with steady driving. Amma just sit my CEO butt down and only comment when I am totally in agreement with the brotherhood... cheesy
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 10:17pm On Oct 30, 2019

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pocohantas(f): 10:34pm On Oct 30, 2019
Chuwaa:

Assumptions.

I am not a driver. Kapish

Never said you are one, Sir. Don't be quick to disassociate yourself. Goodnight cheesy

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Tyche(m): 10:42pm On Oct 30, 2019
Izzou, come carry your love comot from here grin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Eizenburg: 10:45pm On Oct 30, 2019
Una no Dey tire??
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by radautoworks: 10:47pm On Oct 30, 2019
Gentlelife50:

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mrjaydee(m): 10:51pm On Oct 30, 2019
Una use 3 pages to argue this issue??

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 11:09pm On Oct 30, 2019
thelastorca:

Gazzuz and Rd autoworks own their platforms.

If I am self employed, I can choose to reject jobs. However as an employee/partner I may not have that leverage, depending on the terms of my employment/ agreement.
This may be where you all get it wrong, so you think ride sharing drivers are not self employed?
Well I'm telling you now that we don't work for these companies, we're partners. They don't tell us when and when not to work. we can choose to go offline for months and return anytime we want. That's possible because we are not employees, we are partners. We only have an agreement binding us, it is not in the agreement that we will insult riders who insult us but it happens anyway just as it is not in our agreement with bolt that riders will run away with fares and we will bear the loss but it happens anyway.
So try and correct this mentality of drivers have no choice and have to take any bullshit thrown at them.
My last trip on uber was July 13th, I feel cheated by them and I dropped their app, and with all honesty I don't miss them one bit because there are other options. Bolt is there, indriver is there so if I can't take nonsense from my partner that makes the work possible, who is just one unfortunate rider out of million riders? Respect is reciprocal.

P.S. This post is not particularly directed at you @thelastorca

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Frankdamaxx(m): 11:23pm On Oct 30, 2019
For me the Uber driver was at fault. Don't accept a trip you know you cant make, and if you accept and cant make it, the onus lies on you to calm the rider down for rejecting the trip.

I know there are Nigerian peculiarities (bad roads, short distances, traffic, poor security) that affect the acceptance rate for drivers but be upfront and explain quickly.

Uber promised their riders convenience, comfort and flexibility. That's the mindset I have when booking for an Uber.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2029) (2030) (2031) (2032) (2033) (2034) (2035) ... (5696) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: IFSHR, mattfeuter(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.