Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,818 members, 7,851,741 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 07:01 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (2061) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4854897 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2058) (2059) (2060) (2061) (2062) (2063) (2064) ... (5716) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chucsmoore(m): 8:04pm On Nov 05, 2019
Freshprince91:

Chief, how much fuel you take earn this amount and it seems you are an early bird to retire at this time of the day.
It doesn't depend on how much fuel but how many quality and profitable trip U get for d day. Now that d fares are very low. Long trips are determinant factor dat boost earnings. Even with enough fuel you can still not make something reasonable after expenses.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by adsmaster: 8:05pm On Nov 05, 2019
Am in a tight corner all my nest eggs has been used by me, these was like a fresh start for me because I sorted out some major financial obligation. was gonna bounce back with these, only for these table to be prepared for me
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 8:11pm On Nov 05, 2019
Freshprince91:

At all bro, I went back home early, had some issues to attend to with my brother.
Like i said, they fixed the another pump in my Ford Mondeo aka Evil Spirit and my brother has been driving it round since the week he gave me his. He embarked on some long journeys throughout the week ( Surulere, Iyana oba, Eputu town and all) and the issue of jerking and abrupt stop didn't occur again. Its just a week test run drive anyway, after fixing the third pump ( the other two had no pressure according to the Ford mechanic fixing it).
So, i set out early this morning to see how it works, got a trip to Victoria island from Maryland and the rest is history (had to crash at my friends office at ikoyi around 1pm-4.20pm) Local man was yarning on the steering and hunger dey use my belle kick ball grin

Please, help me review this fare, if its accurate
100 % Accurate
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 8:12pm On Nov 05, 2019
XGhost:
15k is the least anyone should realistically target... Same target I had 1 year ago when j started, nothing has changed, I've posted screenshots over different periods showing consistently similar earnings.
My hours online are there too so you can see that one doesn't mean I overwork myself and the car.
I've never believed in the doomsday scenario and I still don't.

Good job bro ... I hope your car is fuel efficient
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by timifakay(m): 8:13pm On Nov 05, 2019
adsmaster:
Guys things are taking a twist.
The new car I got that got bashed on the day I collected it for the previous driver(the day I was suppose to go for uber and taxify inspection)
These was on Friday, so on Saturday went to panel beater, Monday sprayed it then took it to the office today because the fleet manager asked me to come. He said the owner of the car wants to see the car because of the recent accident complains.i went the guy didn't show up only for the driver I took the car from to call back and said they want to give out for higher purchase 1.5M to be paid for in a year.

That's N31,250 per week the car has not be driven up to a year they bought the car early these year my guy was the first person to drive it, not accidented car, the car is in great shape when he took it.. Even now it is just the two front tire, and the driver side tire hub.

Guys is it a good deal? Naija use 1.5Mto be paid for in a year

What's the car model and year?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 8:14pm On Nov 05, 2019
adsmaster:
Am in a tight corner all my nest eggs has been used by me, these was like a fresh start for me because I sorted out some major financial obligation. was gonna bounce back with these, only for these table to be prepared for me

I wish I had a car to give you.....I have so many good drivers waiting in line for cars now ....
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 8:14pm On Nov 05, 2019
adsmaster:
Guys things are taking a twist.
The new car I got that got bashed on the day I collected it for the previous driver(the day I was suppose to go for uber and taxify inspection)
These was on Friday, so on Saturday went to panel beater, Monday sprayed it then took it to the office today because the fleet manager asked me to come. He said the owner of the car wants to see the car because of the recent accident complains.i went the guy didn't show up only for the driver I took the car from to call back and said they want to give out for higher purchase 1.5M to be paid for in a year.

That's N31,250 per week the car has not be driven up to a year they bought the car early these year my guy was the first person to drive it, not accidented car, the car is in great shape when he took it.. Even now it is just the two front tire, and the driver side tire hub.

Guys is it a good deal? Naija use 1.5Mto be paid for in a year
If there's no down payment required, try your luck. Read and understand the Ts and Cs properly before signing the deal
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 8:15pm On Nov 05, 2019
adsmaster:

2mwr am Meeting up with them. Please I need your take, and also creative way to negotiate the terms.. Like reducing the amount because am paying it in a year or accept the amount and spread it over 2yrs etc
1.5m is okay, try and beat it down to 25k/week and make sure there's room for downtime in the agreement

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 8:17pm On Nov 05, 2019
okiyi:

@boldened very true... I remember when BIGI came into the market with 60cl bottles... Coke, Pepsi ET AL had to follow suite cos they obviously must have recorded a dwindle in sales then with their 50cl PEP bottles. Theeen all of a sudden Coca-Cola stupidly changed tactics and pegged RRP for their 60cl bottles at 150 naira while the 35cl bottles were sold for 100 naira...LOL! with BIGI still selling their wide variety of drinks at 100 naira those guys kept cashing out as we all know the average Nigerian wants to have more for less. Not like cocacola products weren't still selling though but their poor decisions gave their major competitor-BIGI a chance to soar.
Just last week I started seeing these coke fanta and sprite 50cl bottles being sold at 100 naira again. Even though it's still 10cl short of what BIGI(that has won numerous Nigerian hearts) is offering, it only goes to show that "dem no dey tell person".
As you've rightly said if Bolt wants to comfortably dominate the Nigerian market, now is the time to reduce their commission fee to 15% or even less and it's a done deal.
And even if Bolt chooses not to make changes, When partners start ditching UBER massively or only go online at times of surge as someone earlier suggested, I'm sure UBER'll give this their silly move a rethink swiftly.
But the question is ARE NIGERIANS READY?

Time will only tell between these two giants.. It is a game of chess for now ... And true talk ,Nigerians do have the power in their hands... And I don't think they are ready...

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 8:18pm On Nov 05, 2019
kodred:

Not a bad deal. But HP can kill a man sha because you’d be solely responsible for fixing any and everything.

Rental is good for you to save some money first though.

If you have some money saved or you have a go-to person/people for funds then grab the deal otherwise, don’t be in a haste to own a car.
If the deal is good then HP is better. HP keeps driver on his toes, not everybody has a saving culture.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kodred(m): 8:29pm On Nov 05, 2019
deedee44:

If the deal is good then HP is better. HP keeps driver on his toes, not everybody has a saving culture.

Hmmm with the way things are, I wouldn’t really advise it except of course there’s some money stashed somewhere.

When repairs hit you for HP ehn, you go remember your village people.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by donfortune48(m): 8:35pm On Nov 05, 2019
dru23:

I wish I had a car to give you.....I have so many good drivers waiting in line for cars now ....

And your car comes biennially.

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by adsmaster: 8:38pm On Nov 05, 2019
timifakay:

What's the car model and year?

Corolla 2007
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 8:45pm On Nov 05, 2019
Freshprince91:

At all bro, I went back home early, had some issues to attend to with my brother.
Like i said, they fixed the another pump in my Ford Mondeo aka Evil Spirit and my brother has been driving it round since the week he gave me his. He embarked on some long journeys throughout the week ( Surulere, Iyana oba, Eputu town and all) and the issue of jerking and abrupt stop didn't occur again. Its just a week test run drive anyway, after fixing the third pump ( the other two had no pressure according to the Ford mechanic fixing it).
So, i set out early this morning to see how it works, got a trip to Victoria island from Maryland and the rest is history (had to crash at my friends office at ikoyi around 1pm-4.20pm) Local man was yarning on the steering and hunger dey use my belle kick ball grin

Please, help me review this fare, if its accurate

grin grin @Crash... It is well, the price is accurate boss
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 8:47pm On Nov 05, 2019
chucsmoore:
Me chilling. After 15k grin

15k challenge plus 700 tips. I need a ride to mainland, I want to goan relax lyk my oga's

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 8:55pm On Nov 05, 2019
@Tojahh

Boss, I'm can't access my mail for now...
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Bambarino: 9:01pm On Nov 05, 2019
Good evening guys...please a quick one...am really oblivious of this...does uber vehicle inspection report expires?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 9:03pm On Nov 05, 2019
Bambarino:
Good evening guys...please a quick one...am really oblivious of this...does uber vehicle inspection report expires?

Yes
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 9:06pm On Nov 05, 2019
pope191:

grin grin @Crash... It is well, the price is accurate boss

Yes boss!
Hope i didn't do too badly? Took a break of 3 hours to sleep and rest, rounded up today's hustle at 7pm.
Tomorrow is another day. Hopefully, this car would continue its smooth ride till the weekend before i think of my next line of action.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nitigriti(m): 9:21pm On Nov 05, 2019
izzou:

Chai

And I never ran into you? cry

Used to come there few times. Some Military men dey come wash their General car for there

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 9:22pm On Nov 05, 2019
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 9:28pm On Nov 05, 2019
Freshprince91:

Yes boss!
Hope i didn't do too badly? Took a break of 3 hours to sleep and rest, rounded up today's hustle at 7pm.
Tomorrow is another day. Hopefully, this car would continue its smooth ride till the weekend before i think of my next line of action.

Not bad boss, just room for improvement. I. Still on d road looking for trip to mainland from VGC, just getting within trips.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 9:50pm On Nov 05, 2019
pope191:

15k challenge plus 700 tips. I need a ride to mainland, I want to goan relax lyk my oga's

Earnings flying up and down.
Hmmm... memories ...
gone are d days of Fa#rh#n and later Je#u#son20#0
Dru go dey support them like partners.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 9:51pm On Nov 05, 2019
Hmmm... memories ...

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kodred(m): 9:53pm On Nov 05, 2019
BAZ001:
Hmmm... memories ...

Na glo you dey use?

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 10:03pm On Nov 05, 2019
House please i need a car for HP used corolla uber standard i have 300k down payment.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Bambarino: 10:14pm On Nov 05, 2019
izzou:

Yes

Thank you
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by timifakay(m): 10:20pm On Nov 05, 2019
adsmaster:

Corolla 2007

Sounds like a fair deal
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Luxurydriverng: 10:21pm On Nov 05, 2019
rawitools:
House please i need a car for HP used corolla uber standard i have 300k down payment.

Y not get your own car, u can add some few more thousand and get you vehicle. Trust me it's better than delivering. Chat me I can recommend vehicles Less than 500k you can use for uber.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 10:23pm On Nov 05, 2019
Luxurydriverng:

Y not get your own car, u can add some few more thousand and get you vehicle. Trust me it's better than delivering. Chat me I can recommend vehicles Less than 500k you can use for uber.
sent u a pm sir
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by IamRx: 10:25pm On Nov 05, 2019
Good evening all,

I am new to the e-hailing business.
I need your urgent advise on a higher purchase.

The car is a 2010 Pontiac and the owner said its 2.8m for higher purchase. It's a direct Belgium, never used here.

Now here is the deal, he is giving me at for monthly return of 100k until I finish paying up, no fixed period and no defaulting

I am to register the car in my name, do insurance n fix tracker all by myself.

If I agree ownership will also be transferred to me immediately.

House is it a good deal?

PS: he's family
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 10:38pm On Nov 05, 2019
Luxurydriverng:

It is one thing to get a car for 500k Naira or less.. It is another thing to know how to maintain the car .. Nigeria or Africa as a whole, except for South African that I know of .. We lack maintenance culture.. And you know that uber and bolt riders will not tolerant cars that have issues at all ... in a situation that owner of the car will manage whatever issues the car has .. A rider will not tolerant that and will end up giving the driver a bad rating.. If the driver's rating is bad enough , he will be blocked until those issues are address.. By that time the driver has no savings in his account.. And he would end up looking for another car drive ...meaning he is now looking for a partner to get a car from ... And the circles continues and continues .. This is why car parts is a big business in Ladipo... until we change our maintenance culture , drivers will never be able to own their own cars successfully ....Most drivers can't even maintain partners cars ,so it is their own car they will now maintain? I know how much money I spend in taking care of my fleet.. Majority of owners could not do what I do .....

(1) (2) (3) ... (2058) (2059) (2060) (2061) (2062) (2063) (2064) ... (5716) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.