Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,034 members, 7,863,700 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 12:25 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (2066) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4894511 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2063) (2064) (2065) (2066) (2067) (2068) (2069) ... (5722) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 8:08pm On Nov 06, 2019
This is one of the ways uber uses to cheat drivers; a driver sets destination but you're giving him an entirely different destinations just so uber can make money off the driver, but they don't they don't want drivers to ask destinations from riders even when their app isn't reliable.

northbird:
Drove on uber yestday, thinking I was going to hit some cool bucks.

Mostly short trips. I was still hoping till lyk 7pm. I was @ Admiralty lekki phase 1.

So I set destination to Ikeja.

Ist request: beep from d app :'' rider going towards your destination'

Rider got in . cool dude , headed towards olorogun agbaje v.I

In my mind, i said that's still a good.one dropped him off @ v.i

2nd request, 7.23 pm. beep from app : rider going towards ur destination.

For my mind, I tort dis app is looking out for me o.

Got to rider off sanusi fafunwa.
I start trip, I got a shocker of my life , " FESTAC" embarassed

Pls wats d correlation BTW festac n Ikeja.
The trip started 7.30 pm n ended lik 20mins to 10pm.

The bill #2,287. For over 2hrs of intense traffic.

and the inner roads of festac ? what a place.!

Festac inner roads looks like armored tanks took a vacation on them.

I don't know wat uber is thinking.

I was on quarter tank at V.I. before d trip, wen I got to festac, my tank was lredy on red.

I had to buy 2k fuel before I left festac around past 10pm. Penny wise pound foolish, the money I got was used to fuel again. I got home some mins to 12 midnite.

Lessons learnt:
1. Never trust a machine. The app railroad me to festac. I was confident in its ability to take me to Ikeja.

2. Always ask destination before going to pickup.esp from 7pm.

3. FESTAC has been added to the list of " no go zones ". Even if there is a surge of 45*.
I will never go to festac again.

Regards to the Seniors,

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 8:12pm On Nov 06, 2019
pocohantas:

Please don't put pressure on us. We are taking our time, to avoid creating thread in Family section grin grin

Hmmm! U better do quick n tie him down, cos once he start TRUMPING lyk dis one Kimberly cooks fom no where will just snatch him from u lyk dat, not knowing both of u have been through bolt and uber.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 8:13pm On Nov 06, 2019
Luxurydriverng:

No, you need balls and guts to handle a German
And we need more than those to handle cars45 cars

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 8:14pm On Nov 06, 2019
Thegamingorca:

If it turns out a he name him brotobor Solomon.

As an harbinger, wot I see is one shot 3 goals
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 8:19pm On Nov 06, 2019
peeps4u:

You drive Benz?

No sir!
Benz loun loun!

Its a Ford Mondeo aka Evil!

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by hefelove(m): 8:19pm On Nov 06, 2019
nitigriti:

Use shoptomydoor.com
Reliable service; I know they charge $900 - $1000 for sedans. I have no idea what they charge for SUVs.

Their service is superb. Free pickup (I believe) from anywhere in the US.

Doorstep delivery in naija too.
Okae. Thanks boss

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 8:21pm On Nov 06, 2019
Ogbunigwe2018:

2000/2001 ford mondeo
European version

You're damn right sir.
Sir, i want to ask if you're a fan of Ford because you seem to know much about this evil car. cry
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 8:21pm On Nov 06, 2019
izzou:

So sorry sir

But I wonder how you guys drive to a pickup without asking for destinations.

Me? I ask every single time. You must tell me before I release my legs from the brakes

No vex again
boss. I thot since d thing was on destination trip, i thot it was on auto already. I felt worst case, maybe gbagada . I paid dearly for it.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by shollywendy1(m): 8:29pm On Nov 06, 2019
xana101:
Has anyone done the Uber 20 to get 3%. I thought it was 30 trips so I didn’t do Uber this week. I focus on taxify. Any true info regarding this. Thanks.
Stil on the usual 20 to 3% promo. My friend just completed 20 trips dis sfternoon, and been charging 3% on his trips

1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 8:33pm On Nov 06, 2019
drmikeadams:
grin grin and One CEO say festac get beautiful roads

You cracked me up bro. The same CEO that would report and insult a rider for tuning in 98.5fm from 97.3fm.
I love this Uber /taxify thread, always lightning up my day, the same way Cooladex dey light oven grin

9 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Ogbunigwe2018: 8:33pm On Nov 06, 2019
Freshprince91:

You're damn right sir.
Sir, i want to ask if you're a fan of Ford because you seem to know much about this evil car. cry
Peugeot for life.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 8:43pm On Nov 06, 2019
pope191:

Thinking of getting ford mo.... cheesy baba u can taste it o, tell dem u r checking as NAFDAC agent and food poisoning incase of police check point.

My bro, you've got jokes.
Funny enough, the day a trip took me to Abule Ado, I saw the car on Lagos -Badagry expressway, laden with loads navigating through the dreadful Badagry road .
Moved closer to the driver and we got talking driving side by side and he told me the car is the strongest brand he's ever used for over 3 years and i was like damn! 'Why do i have to go through hell with mine ' ?

Nairaland no allow you sleep well abi you don enter road again? grin
The past 2 months have been really testing driving that car but people don't believe it when i tell them m

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by joetem(m): 8:48pm On Nov 06, 2019
[quote author=Freshprince91 post=83794916][/quote]

Nice idea, need to take my cars to them for free scanning too.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 8:51pm On Nov 06, 2019
Already on 3% and it's just Wednesday, Fxck it, doing this on part time and was at work these three days. Money Money Money, I say money looms this week. Let me eat and wash my money maker. Indebted to Uber.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 9:05pm On Nov 06, 2019

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 9:22pm On Nov 06, 2019
izzou:

So sorry sir

But I wonder how you guys drive to a pickup without asking for destinations.

Me? I ask every single time. You must tell me before I release my legs from the brakes

No vex again
True, before I crank my engine I must call to confirm pickup and ask destination, if u can't tell me I will simply cancel.
Maybe because he set destination, but even if I set destination I still ask.
Sometimes if no other driver is around they just give u random trip or probably drivers have been rejecting that trip it come to u not minding the fact that u have set destination because they won't want to loose the customer.

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by joetem(m): 9:33pm On Nov 06, 2019
net7777:
Still in need of a car to drive.
I stay in Ipaja.
HP most preferred (100k monthly remittance)
Rental all well and good. 25 weekly remittance
Any lead?
Pls DM ur guy asap
07084916368 whatsapp & call

I have corolla toks 06 for HP. I stay around gemade estate, holla at me.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 9:45pm On Nov 06, 2019
northbird:
Drove on uber yestday, thinking I was going to hit some cool bucks.

Mostly short trips. I was still hoping till lyk 7pm. I was @ Admiralty lekki phase 1.

So I set destination to Ikeja.

Ist request: beep from d app :'' rider going towards your destination'

Rider got in . cool dude , headed towards olorogun agbaje v.I

In my mind, i said that's still a good.one dropped him off @ v.i

2nd request, 7.23 pm. beep from app : rider going towards ur destination.

For my mind, I tort dis app is looking out for me o.

Got to rider off sanusi fafunwa.
I start trip, I got a shocker of my life , " FESTAC" embarassed

Pls wats d correlation BTW festac n Ikeja.
The trip started 7.30 pm n ended lik 20mins to 10pm.

The bill #2,287. For over 2hrs of intense traffic.

and the inner roads of festac ? what a place.!

Festac inner roads looks like armored tanks took a vacation on them.

I don't know wat uber is thinking.

I was on quarter tank at V.I. before d trip, wen I got to festac, my tank was lredy on red.

I had to buy 2k fuel before I left festac around past 10pm. Penny wise pound foolish, the money I got was used to fuel again. I got home some mins to 12 midnite.

Lessons learnt:
1. Never trust a machine. The app railroad me to festac. I was confident in its ability to take me to Ikeja.

2. Always ask destination before going to pickup.esp from 7pm.

3. FESTAC has been added to the list of " no go zones ". Even if there is a surge of 45*.
I will never go to festac again.

Regards to the Seniors,

You've said it all... Always ask for destination, uber knows how to give stupid destination trip. Another reason is riders lie to dia boyfriend when bookin trip for dem, don't know why they do that like the person isn't going to know. It once happened to me at Eko hotel on a destination trip to Ikeja, I ask and she said Ikeja... Only for her to hop into the car and tell me she change her mind to Agungi, she doesn't want the guy to know. Madam! Me too change my mind, I'm not going to Agungi.

14 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 9:47pm On Nov 06, 2019
Freshprince91:

My bro, you've got jokes.
Funny enough, the day a trip took me to Abule Ado, I saw the car on Lagos -Badagry expressway, laden with loads navigating through the dreadful Badagry road .
Moved closer to the driver and we got talking driving side by side and he told me the car is the strongest brand he's ever used for over 3 years and i was like damn! 'Why do i have to go through hell with mine ' ?

Nairaland no allow you sleep well abi you don enter road again? grin
The past 2 months have been really testing driving that car but people don't believe it when i tell them m

Not d type dat sleep straight for 2 hrs. I like odd things, Americans use ford and Chevrolet, I don't know why we always feel its out of line here
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by oblozzolawrence: 10:07pm On Nov 06, 2019
Freshprince91:

No sir!
Benz loun loun!

Its a Ford Mondeo aka Evil!
Baba be careful calling dis car evil ooo....make e no go start him madness again ooo cheesy

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Luxurydriverng: 10:26pm On Nov 06, 2019
Chuwaa:

EOD?
Worst car for this business

1. Poor MPG
2. Engine sit wahala
3. Stabilizer linkage
4. Rattling of all plastic bodies
5. Gear wahala

It's only good for private use, not uber.
To get this car in good shape, you'll need nothing less than 350-500k

Thanks for the input you seem to have a 1st hand experience with the car
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Emimaeyor(m): 10:30pm On Nov 06, 2019
Tojahh kindly send your number, i think i have an 06 on rental for you.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by rap0240: 11:04pm On Nov 06, 2019
Please i need a car for Rental..will remit 25k weekly.. i stay at Anthony....
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 11:16pm On Nov 06, 2019
Gentlelife50:

True, before I crank my engine I must call to confirm pickup and ask destination, if u can't tell me I will simply cancel.
Maybe because he set destination, but even if I set destination I still ask.
Sometimes if no other driver is around they just give u random trip or probably drivers have been rejecting that trip it come to u not minding the fact that u have set destination because they won't want to loose the customer.

Lol

Even if it's 4:30am, I must ask. If it's 12 noon, I must ask

I remember the day I parked at Onike, a request entered. I asked this girl, she was just forming..saying stuffs like "I can't tell you until you come". I just jejely cancel

Another request entered. I asked again. The Igbo man said "Ajah".

I just thank my God for hardening the heart of pharoah the other girl

I later checked her trip through the history. She was going to Surulere grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 11:18pm On Nov 06, 2019
grin

Tojahh

Too mush cars wee nor kee you. Na cars dey rush you now

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tojahh(m): 11:21pm On Nov 06, 2019
Emimaeyor:
Tojahh kindly send your number, i think i have an 06 on rental for you.

Yes my Oga...
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Simeondemmy: 11:22pm On Nov 06, 2019
2007/2008 Toyota corolla available for weekly rental

An experienced and credible driver who reside on the mainland

A guarantor needed

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tojahh(m): 11:22pm On Nov 06, 2019
izzou:
grin

Tojahh

Too mush cars wee nor kee you. Na cars dey rush you now

Na Godwin o angry

We have paid our dues Sir. And with grace we we do what we say we will do.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 11:24pm On Nov 06, 2019
tojahh:

Na Godwin o angry

We have paid our dues Sir. And with grace we we do what we say we will do.

Of course, you have

My last partner was/is on this thread.. Wish you the best sir

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tojahh(m): 11:26pm On Nov 06, 2019
Freshprince91:

Okay bro.
My neighbor recently gave out Hyundai sonata to a fellow e-driver for 20k weekly and the bros didn't remit shishi for two weeks with damages worth 40k done on the car.
He has repaired it and he's been nagging about the car, i don't know if he's still interested in giving it out for rental but when i get home later, i will meet up with him and ask but the bros dey nag o like woman.

Boss himself... The Ford Mondoe ambassador... I go hala you for morning. Abeg, help me beg am make he no nag again, together we will make the world a conducive place worthy of inhabitants.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 11:27pm On Nov 06, 2019
tojahh:

Boss himself... The Ford Mondoe ambassador... I go hala you for morning. Abeg, help me beg am make he no nag again, together we will make the world a conducive place worthy of inhabitants.

The 20k sweet you Abi? lipsrsealed
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tojahh(m): 11:28pm On Nov 06, 2019
izzou:

Of course, you have

My last partner was/is on this thread.. Wish you the best sir

Whoa... Nothing beats a clear working relationship built overtime. How far na? How the preparations for the PR?

(1) (2) (3) ... (2063) (2064) (2065) (2066) (2067) (2068) (2069) ... (5722) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: Djdamian(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.