Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,310 members, 7,836,352 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:55 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (2194) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4819681 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2191) (2192) (2193) (2194) (2195) (2196) (2197) ... (5706) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 1:33pm On Dec 10, 2019
An offline line trip is needed for a couple heading to Whispering Palms from Ikeja. If you are interested please send a message to this number on whatsapp; 08134340780. Same driver is expected to bring the couple back in 3 days time.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 1:39pm On Dec 10, 2019
kodred:

No need for any bad impression. The person that called you oga might turn out to be a nice person.

Sometimes it could just be for humor.
No, I don't like being addressed as "oga". It's as simple as that. Y'all have a way of justifying crap. That's why my name shows up on the app. And yeah, nice, civilized and well cultured girls I have met on uber do not use that word. I don't know what it means and I never said the person may not be nice but it doesn't change the fact that I get pissed when I'm called "oga".

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by medd422: 1:48pm On Dec 10, 2019
"Oga" in Nigerian Uber context means ; an uneducated employee that u don't want to respect, u just call him d oga so u don't sound rude.
Don't call me oga, I'm not an uneducated person, neither am I Ur employee, and definitely we are not mates, u are either older or I am. So let's just respect ourselves the civil way.

15 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 1:56pm On Dec 10, 2019
1daboi:
I thought we've discussed this be4 in the past? I still maintain that asking a rider out of your car is gullible, disrespectful and even unprofessional. If you have any valuable that can't fit into you hand glove box, leave it at home! Don't come and be suspecting all your riders. In fact if I order a ride and you ask me to step out of your car under a hot sun just because you want to check something in your bonnet, please hold a gun as you are asking me out
If I don't feel comfortable leaving you in my car, trust me, you will get down. I'll end the trip right there. You go do your worst, I'll respond in kind too. This issue came to the fore again because someone complained he left a rider in his car and his money was stolen. You may not have time to gather everything to safety just like tha on this job. But most of you are perfectionists until something goes terribly wrong.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Youngext: 1:59pm On Dec 10, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

None.

Both cars will wreck you at those prices advertised .

Okay thanks,
So your advice?
Or should I look for another venture?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by SaintHilary(m): 2:03pm On Dec 10, 2019
ndubuis:
If I don't feel comfortable leaving you in my car, trust me, you will get down. I'll end the trip right there. You go do your worst, I'll respond in kind too. This issue came to the fore again because someone complained he left a rider in his car and his money was stolen. You may not have time to gather everything to safety just like tha on this job. But most of you are perfectionists until something goes terribly wrong.

I hate when someone nonchalantly decides not to listen to simple correction sad

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 2:09pm On Dec 10, 2019
SaintHilary:

I hate when someone nonchalantly decides not to listen to simple correction sad
sorry but not to my detriment. Safety above any other considerations. It's a waste of time trying to correct me on this one. I kicked a rider out of my car for refusing to go down. I'll do it over and over again whenever I feel the odds are against me. No apologies.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kodred(m): 2:36pm On Dec 10, 2019
brogxy:

Kindly tell me the diff in the two.

Duration is the difference bro.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kodred(m): 2:37pm On Dec 10, 2019
Note that the N2182 is inclusive of toll.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 2:50pm On Dec 10, 2019
[quote author=kodred post=84795488]

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 2:51pm On Dec 10, 2019
teeebest:
Elders, is this castro oil okay to service Toyota Camry 03?

Yes..if you want to damage your engine or your partner on ehailing engine. Sorry for late response
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tojahh(m): 3:16pm On Dec 10, 2019
Youngext:
Good day Elders in the house,
I've been a silent dedicated follower of this thread for almost a year now, I've finally decided to put my foot down and start this hustle come January.
The restraint I have presently is capital to start, I can only afford a maximum of 600k as starting capital which I've saved up for sometime, and with that I have two open offers of naija used cars

1. Honda Accord (E. O. D) years: 2003 & 2004 between 450 - 600k

2. Kia Cerato 2008 between 450 - 500k

Please advice me on what step to take, as I prefer to be an owner driver or partner.

Please anyone with an offer of cars for sale falling within the price range that is also usable for the hustle, please give me heads up

cc: GAZZUZZ
cc: TOJAH
cc: LUXURYDRIVERNG
cc: IZZOU
cc: ANYONE WHO CAN HELP A YOUNG MAN SURVIVE!

Any car within this price range will turned you to a partner with

(Taiye) Electrician
(Chidi) Panel beater
(Sulemon) Mechanic
(Segun) Spray painter
(Alfa) AC man
(Oga Mike) Gear Master
Uche (Engine oil)
Nnamdi (Suspension)

These are just the few numbers that will be on your phone.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pocohantas(f): 3:19pm On Dec 10, 2019
ndubuis:
No, I don't like being addressed as "oga". It's as simple as that. Y'all have a way of justifying crap. That's why my name shows up on the app. And yeah, nice, civilized and well cultured girls I have met on uber do not use that word. I don't know what it means and I never said the person may not be nice but it doesn't change the fact that I get pissed when I'm called "oga".

You are right, "Oga" is actually crass. Can never be used in sane professional environments. Either first names or Sir. Some don't know though. We learn everyday.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kodred(m): 3:31pm On Dec 10, 2019
brogxy:

I don't seems to understand the point your are driving at but let me explain more with the image you attached.
Like I said earlier, taxify doesn't give details about your trip.
*** Just got a trip, will be back to modify.
Uber gave you the trip fare which was 2,315 excluding toll but taxify included the toll to give you 2,500. exact fare on taxify was actually 2,200 as against uber, so now tell me which is higher.
Using duration makes a difference of N10/min.

*sigh

Okay bro you're correct.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 3:33pm On Dec 10, 2019
tojahh:

(Taiye) Electrician
(Chidi) Panel beater
(Sulemon) Mechanic
(Segun) Spray painter
(Alfa) AC man
(Oga Mike) Gear Master
Uche (Engine oil)
Nnamdi (Suspension)

You no well at all . Sounds like something I would say

8 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mymotong: 3:52pm On Dec 10, 2019
mymotong:
We still install the MOST AFFORDABLE AND QUALITY TRACKERS YOU COULD FIND ANYWHERE, featuring Android/iOS tracking/demobilizing, sms tracking/demobilize, online tracking/demobilizing, daily mileage report (to know how many km your car runs each day), Vehicle history report (where your car had been between time X and Y) and many more features.

Presently going for 22K (without Online Platform), 30K (with Lifetime access to online platform/app).

Call us on 08060675824, 09032614208 to schedule an installation.

Tracker page: https://mymoto.com.ng/product/vehicle-car-pickup-commercial-trucks-gps-tracker-h02-tracker-nigerian-configured/
Office Location: 3-9 Olu Koleosho Street, Off Medical Road, Ikeja, Lagos

WHY DOES YOUR CAR NEED MYMOTO TRACKER

(1) Security: While anti-theft systems like push-buttons before car start, gear lock, pedal locks etc… are good, ONLY A TRACKING SYSTEM LIKE OURS ALLOWS YOU TO RECOVER (AND ALSO PROTECT) YOUR VEHICLE IF YOUR CAR IS HIJACKED FROM YOU WHILE DRIVING. Our trackers are both anti-theft and recovery in nature. e.g. You should shutdown your car before you sleep at night or park in a public space. Whenever you need to start the car, you enable it also.

(2) Remote Monitoring: GPS Security trackers allows you to monitor your vehicle location remotely from your phone. You are able to view your car’s location in real time (from our IOS/ANDROID APPS).

(3) Vehicle History: Through our online platform (IOS/ANDROID APPS) , you can view where your car had been between DAY X and DAY Y. A plot is shown on a map showing your car’s movement over this period of time.

(4) Remotely Stop Your Car: With our security GPS tracker, you are able to stop your car from ANY PHONE with an sms command. This function can also be carried out through our online platforms.

(5) Geo-Fencing Alarm:If your car goes beyond set a radius (or multi-point), say Lagos, you will be notified by sms.

(6) Other alarms (Over-speed Alarm, Ignition On Alarm, Low Battery Alarm ): Over-speed alarms notifies you via sms when your car goes beyond a particular speed. Ignition on notifies you WHENEVER your car is started. Low Battery Alarm lets you know when your car battery is low.

(7) Daily Mileage report (online platform): Daily mileage report shows you a daily chart (in KM) of your car.

We have heard of one or two expereience of how clients were able to recover their vehicles BECAUSE THEY HAD A TRACKER INSTALLED IN IT. We will be sharing some of them with you based on TRUE LIFE EXPERIENCES.

If you have had personal experiences also, kindly share with us.

WE STILL INSTALL THE MOST AFFORDABLE TRACKERS AROUND STARTING FROM 25K (VARIES WITH CAR MODEL).

CONTACT US ON 09032614208 OR 08060675824. More details on tracker: https://mymoto.com.ng/why-you-should-install-the-mymoto-security-tracker/

WE ARE THE ONLY COMPANY THAT OFFERS FREE LIFETIME ACCESS TO OUR ONLINE PLATFORMS FOR MONITORING/STOPpING YOUR CAR.

YOU'VE SPENT QUITE MUCH TO ACQUIRE YOUR CAR, SECURE IT WITH A TRACKER. BETTER TO BE SAFE THAN SORRY

Story 1
During one of our installs, the client shared with us how Mr Ayo (not his real name) borrowed his brothers car, and waylaid in the night somewhere in Lagos. Unknown to the thieves, the car had a tracker in it. That same night they tracked the vehicle to a military baracks (apparenntly the thieves had accomplices with military connections). They went with the police and they were able to recover the car (THE DEMOBILIZE FUNCTION OF THE TRACKER WAS USED TO ENSURE THE CAR DID NOT MOVE UNTIL THEY GOT TO THAT LOCATION)...

Story 2
Mr Bayo was bout entering his car in the night somewhere in Lagos when he was attacked. He immediately used his phone to demobilize the car some minutes after they had zoomed away with the car. The thieves ran away when they discovered the car wasn't strating again. The car was tracked to Ajah. Apparently the thieves ran away in fear with the keys of the car grin

If you have similar stories please share with us...

Call/Whatsapp 08060675824 for details on how to schedule an installation.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chillex8(m): 4:07pm On Dec 10, 2019
Youngext:
Good day Elders in the house,
I've been a silent dedicated follower of this thread for almost a year now, I've finally decided to put my foot down and start this hustle come January.
The restraint I have presently is capital to start, I can only afford a maximum of 600k as starting capital which I've saved up for sometime, and with that I have two open offers of naija used cars

1. Honda Accord (E. O. D) years: 2003 & 2004 between 450 - 600k

2. Kia Cerato 2008 between 450 - 500k

Please advice me on what step to take, as I prefer to be an owner driver or partner.

Please anyone with an offer of cars for sale falling within the price range that is also usable for the hustle, please give me heads up

cc: GAZZUZZ
cc: TOJAH
cc: LUXURYDRIVERNG
cc: IZZOU
cc: ANYONE WHO CAN HELP A YOUNG MAN SURVIVE!
Check my profile for details of my ford mondeo. Sales will re-open by January 2020. cool
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by teeebest(m): 4:20pm On Dec 10, 2019
dru23:

Yes..if you want to damage your engine or your partner on ehailing engine. Sorry for late response

Boss, this your response just go hang me for tree o-o. Lol

Please recommend a good one for me Sir
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by abiolag(m): 4:22pm On Dec 10, 2019
Which kind country be this? Imagine all these Airport old men (hiding under incompetent FAAN) giving law like say nah their fore-father get Airport
na wa ooo

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Youngext: 4:41pm On Dec 10, 2019
tojahh:

(Taiye) Electrician
(Chidi) Panel beater
(Sulemon) Mechanic
(Segun) Spray painter
(Alfa) AC man
(Oga Mike) Gear Master
Uche (Engine oil)
Nnamdi (Suspension)

Lol, wow
Thanks baba
Nawa o, man's gotta look away then, when money complete for toks, will then proceed.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 4:50pm On Dec 10, 2019
teeebest:

Boss, this your response just go hang me for tree o-o. Lol

Please recommend a good one for me Sir

The correct oil for your car is 5w30. That 20w50 you are using is killing your engine. .. I always advice car owners to follow the owners manual.. Also your engine oil cap tells you the correct oil ...

Now that been said, it might be too late to start using the correct oil for your car . Depending if the car is tokunbo, depending what the previous owner has been using. And depending if you bought the car naija use.. So if you can answer all this depending questions ,than maybe I can give a final answer or verdict on the situation.....
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Cutiekatty: 4:57pm On Dec 10, 2019
Elders in the house,good evening to you all. Please a friend of mine just got verified on Ocar and he wants to start driving. Please is there anywhere to park in the island to wait. Or any other place where he can park and wait .
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 5:22pm On Dec 10, 2019
abiolag:
Which kind country be this? Imagine all these Airport old men (hiding under incompetent FAAN) giving law like say nah their fore-father get Airport
na wa ooo

I read this afternoon about the order at Abuja, does the same order take effect in Lagos?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 1daboi: 5:30pm On Dec 10, 2019
Felicity001:

The reasons are simple.
Bolt/taxify is so indiscipline and intolerant.
Here are my reasons,
Uber charges when you cancel a request after 5min
Uber charges when driver drivers down and waited for rider after 5min and then cancel
Uber charges for waiting.

These are disciplinary measures put in place for discipline, as long as taxify/bolt don’t put these disciplinary measures in place trust me Bolt riders will keep up with all their sane attitude and misbehavior.

The interesting thing is, an avereage Nigerian prefers such system the bolt is operating on because we like doing things and go scout free since there are no penalties to wrong doings.

Until taxify/bolt fixes these issues we shall keep hearing all and many more of these issues with them
seriously! I do uber most of the time. Each time I do bolt, I notice that 1. They don't call drivers, 2. They keep you waiting for too long, 3. Most of their riders dont give drivers any respect.
Have noticed that whenever a foreigner orders you on uber, they're always standing at their pickup waiting for their driver to arrive. Naija ppl sef

13 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 5:57pm On Dec 10, 2019
brogxy:

This is why I laugh when some people say one app pays higher than others. Same pickup and destination zone gave the same N2,500 that he claimed would have given him above N3k cool.

Boss, look at it from the angle of time spent, Bolt compensates better if one spends longer time in traffic more dn Uber does.

Take a scenario today,. Picked some Chinese guys from Sheraton to VI. End trip on Uber , cash collected#2,900., 33.56km real fare - 2,177. Time- 1 hr 7mins.

Note: on Bolt, a 33.56km trip will give me nothing less than #3,400-3500

The next trip DT entered Bolt
V.I to Iwaya unilag . Axis. End trip #1,500.
Real fare #1,200. Km -15.5 Time- 30mins.

Juxtapose wt DT of Uber up there, you wud see a difference.

I did a return offline trip back to VI based on the #1,500 tariff given by Bolt.

Remove the shiity nature of d app, their lackadaisical disposition to issues n their reluctance to discipline erring riders

Bolt gives you more value for time spent than Uber.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by teeebest(m): 6:00pm On Dec 10, 2019
dru23:

The correct oil for your car is 5w30. That 20w50 you are using is killing your engine. .. I always advice car owners to follow the owners manual.. Also your engine oil cap tells you the correct oil ...

Now that been said, it might be too late to start using the correct oil for your car . Depending if the car is tokunbo, depending what the previous owner has been using. And depending if you bought the car naija use.. So if you can answer all this depending questions ,than maybe I can give a final answer or verdict on the situation.....

Thanks Boss. I bought the car early September 2019. Used for 1 year in Naija. He bought it as Tokunbo August 2018. He uses Mobil engine oil(Can't remember the name but definitely not 5w30).
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by noCAP(m): 6:01pm On Dec 10, 2019
una good evening o. I borrowed a friend of mine about 200k some 4 months ago. He said he wanted to add it up to his and get a car. He actually promised to pay it by month's end of that same month, but up till now, i haven't received a dime. He keeps saying he doesn't have the money, which i find hard to believe, considering e-hailers make at least 100k+ per month. He does the e-hailing full time BTW(5am-7pm).

Abeg, i will like to know if this guy is saying the truth, or he doesn't want to give me my money. Na this guy dey hold my Christmas and new year money laidis cry
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 1daboi: 6:10pm On Dec 10, 2019
ndubuis:
you'll need to create your own ehailing app bro. If you chase 3 riders and they report you on uber, the rest they say is history

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 6:11pm On Dec 10, 2019
1daboi:
seriously! I do uber most of the time. Each time I do bolt, I notice that 1. They don't call drivers, 2. They keep you waiting for too long, 3. Most of their riders dont give drivers any respect.
Have noticed that whenever a foreigner orders you on uber, they're always standing at their pickup waiting for their driver to arrive. Naija ppl sef

You are right. As per d foreigners,
Let me share my experience this morning.

I brought a guy from lateef jakande on Bolt to Sheraton.
I just decided to chill a bit in deir car park. Put on my Uber app.
Puum. Got a request. I was still saying OK, let me wait till d person is ready

Puuum, msg from app, : " I'm at d reception.

As I drove to the reception the Chinese dudes were already waiting, we no even spend up to 8secs, I was lyk r dese guys machines, sharp- sharp dey don enter sit down.

I think its an inbuilt attitude wt some Nigerian riders,empty and so full of themselves.

On top say I still miss small road for V.I, d Chinese dude still rate me 5 star. Dese r guys DT sleep in Sheraton o, n so down to earth.

10 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 6:19pm On Dec 10, 2019
ndubuis:
sorry but not to my detriment. Safety above any other considerations. It's a waste of time trying to correct me on this one. I kicked a rider out of my car for refusing to go down. I'll do it over and over again whenever I feel the odds are against me. No apologies.

Bro why don't you look for a way to reach a common ground with your riders. We all agree with you 100% that the car belongs to you; hence your rules, your regulations. But I personally feel its unprofessional to ask your rider to come down from your car every time you do, mind you, most times it will be for the flimsiest reason: like to check if the bump from behind damaged your rear light.

What I would not advice though is leaving a total stranger in your car with the keys in the ignition.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Eizenburg: 6:21pm On Dec 10, 2019
1daboi:
I give them 1star whenever they address me as Oga. Gosh! That shit gets me agitated

This is beyond ridiculous

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Eizenburg: 6:24pm On Dec 10, 2019
1daboi:
I thought we've discussed this be4 in the past? I still maintain that asking a rider out of your car is gullible, disrespectful and even unprofessional. If you have any valuable that can't fit into you hand glove box, leave it at home! Don't come and be suspecting all your riders. In fact if I order a ride and you ask me to step out of your car under a hot sun just because you want to check something in your bonnet, please hold a gun as you are asking me out

But giving 1 star cos you were called “Oga” is respectful and professional?

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2191) (2192) (2193) (2194) (2195) (2196) (2197) ... (5706) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: ayoomo9(m), Doncyn01 and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.