Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,359 members, 7,864,678 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 12:06 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (2227) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4896427 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2224) (2225) (2226) (2227) (2228) (2229) (2230) ... (5722) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by radautoworks: 8:15am On Dec 20, 2019
peeps4u:

People dey ride bikes xef. If you or your husby can drive long distance, it is doable. Just please book an hotel when it is getting dark.

It is fun.
Thanks for the quick reply.
Is this the normal route or Google is sending me enter yawa...

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 8:25am On Dec 20, 2019
kodred:

Ha 2.5 million for a car that has been used under intense conditions in Nigeria. That’s a bottomless pit of repairs.

If you ever manage to succeed and eventually pay off the car, then two things are involved it’s either you’re trying to sell it off to settle debt or you’re accumulating more debt to fix the car.

It’s a terrible idea to go above 1.8M for a Nigerian used car on HP. Shey na naija people wey no get maintenance culture you wan collect HP of 2.5? I bind and cast village people!
I’ll share my experience as my take on this issue.

I was introduced to this ehailing just few months ago by a secondary sch class mate. He knows I’ve a car and I knew my car (V6) won’t be suitable for the job which I told him. So he helped me out by making a contact for a car. The owner of the car lives in Ajah. We drive down on this my friend’s car to see the guy. Getting there it’s a Camry “big daddy” same with what my guy uses for Uber. This my guy was d first person this owner contacted when the car first landed Nigeria direct tok.

I looked at the car before the owner came out from his compound. Nice guy, easy going, young and lovely dude. He handed over the keys myself with my guy test drive the car out of his estate but we didn’t go far. Returned and we started discussions, the dude wants only HP has he was already discouraged by the attitudes of about two drivers that haves the car, they worked and didn’t balance for some weeks then returned the car to him in bad shape which cost him about a 100k to fix it.

At that time, all the 4tiers are worn out and will need replacement or should be replaced within a month. The engine has a check sign, the windscreen looked like something that has been replaced, the car has no remote for automatic or distance opening of the doors unless with the keys, then d car stereo has been removed an replace with those once danfo usually has. And dude needs 2.3m for HP with upfront payment of 100k.

I went back home, give everything a deep meticulous thought and evaluation I then arrived at a value of 1.8m to 2m at most. Because car has been used for like 6months already.
Weather na tear rubber as long has you done commot d rubber that item don turn used one

I called dude explained everything to him, though I also understand his own position because nobody plans to venture into a lose business come what may. But dude insist at 2.250k.

nna menh na so I take close negotiation ooo I can not come and kill myself.

About a month later I asked dude how far since we have good rapport dude said the car has been given out to sb at 2.3m on HP I wished him good luck.

So to me, anything wey don turn 9ja use can not be of the same value with a tok or new one it’s economic valuation base on savages and time factors. No need a scientist to explain that to you

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ajoks533: 8:30am On Dec 20, 2019
dru23:

Madame Radauto, it is waste of time explaining customers service to these drivers. Most of them can't work in a customer service industry in the USA...

On these matter me and you can relate .. Due to the fact not only on education level, not saying uber drivers are not educated. but been exposed internationally .. Since some unfortunately has never travel out of the shore of Nigeria .. It will be very hard for them to relate to you....

Not so good a thing to say bro... I respect your exposure and level of education. However, it's unfair to use that in the manner you did.

You just politely insulted some fellas in here, just like me saying if not that I am not used to insulting my friends, I would have said that this your post is a stupid post.

Let's try to respect each other, despite the fact we know each other's level and capacity. We are all here to share experiences and learn from each other.

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 8:31am On Dec 20, 2019
dru23:

From my own experince yes .. The civic is very low maintenance compare to corolla and elantra . The suspension of civic last longer than elantra or corolla. You really have to abuse the civic to damage the suspension..
Wow!!! So na so civic be??! My bros ilhave been saying it but I seriously doubted him he even said it’s fuel economy is far better than that of corolla. Though I’ve know Honda to be very strong and roughed but I never thought it’s maintenance and usefulness is better of than corolla.

Little wonder it’s more expensive than the corolla
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Prince3(m): 8:32am On Dec 20, 2019
kodred:

Ha 2.5 million for a car that has been used under intense conditions in Nigeria. That’s a bottomless pit of repairs.

If you ever manage to succeed and eventually pay off the car, then two things are involved it’s either you’re trying to sell it off to settle debt or you’re accumulating more debt to fix the car.

It’s a terrible idea to go above 1.8M for a Nigerian used car on HP. Shey na naija people wey no get maintenance culture you wan collect HP of 2.5? I bind and cast village people!
God bless you sir. Some people just like beating around. Thanks for that tips,. Who has ear let him hear. A word is enough for the wise.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ajoks533: 8:39am On Dec 20, 2019
topsydee007:
This issue of rider-driver relationship.

Most times before a rider will behave rudely to u..they would have accesed your dressing, countenance and the way u speak. If u dress well, speak well and have a good carriage. 98% of riders will respect u.

This is the beginning of how you will definitely be addressed. 100% right....

However, there are still those one who doesn't care one bit.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 8:42am On Dec 20, 2019
radautoworks:
Driving to Accra, suicide or doable? Thinking of road trip with the family.
Interesting! Me I’ll like to join you on this adventure ooh because I love adventures a lot. But I learnt it’s barely 6hrs to Accra though I hate driving in a road I’m not familiar with because you may not know where bad spot or danger zones are.

Also, I don’t think you should drive please because I saw a video recently how some bandits are killing migrant on that path. So please if possible take a flight or go with the public system with securities attached.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Prince3(m): 8:43am On Dec 20, 2019
izzou:

We know

But don't write off a car because it's Nigerian used. Knowing the condition makes more sense

Let's just agree you're right bro. I'm tired of this argument
Finally, you agree someone maybe right in this argument.. smh.
The Bros that posted this topic of argument requesting for help, will now just sit and relax in his couch at home sipping his zero Coke and watching us arguing about his post. Haha

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 8:49am On Dec 20, 2019
Prince3:

The Bros that posted this topic of argument requesting for help, will now just sit and relax in his couch at home sipping his zero Coke and watching us arguing about his post. Haha
Haha... have you forgotten how some student just want to ask questions to either throw the teacher nd the class of balance whereas they have or know the answer to their questions?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ajoks533: 8:57am On Dec 20, 2019
dru23:

They way you carry yourself matters regardless if you doing uber or not . They way you look outside is a representation of how you feel inside..

100% right... But some fellas won't even notice your carriage.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Prince3(m): 8:59am On Dec 20, 2019
dru23:

Jokes aside.... Running a fleet of cars for uber can be capital intensive.. Maintenance can take a chunk from the profit.. And type of cars do matter . My civic seems to be the best for the job .. And the Elantra is holding up well too. A lot of partners usually don't know what they are getting themselves into ... in their mind na just to give car and wait for weekly alert... It can be a tough business and sweet at the same time.. You just have to take the good with the bad
But there is a myth or maybe true, Nigerians hate any car calls Honda cause it always have a broken leg. When my dad bought Honda pilot, people complained that he should have gone for a Toyota that Honda always disappoints one on highway with broken legs. Till date people still run away from Honda cause of this...
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Rubbiish(m): 8:59am On Dec 20, 2019
Felicity001:

Wow!!! So na so civic be??! My bros ilhave been saying it but I seriously doubted him he even said it’s fuel economy is far better than that of corolla. Though I’ve know Honda to be very strong and roughed but I never thought it’s maintenance and usefulness is better of than corolla.

Little wonder it’s more expensive than the corolla
Civic is more expensive than corolla?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ajoks533: 9:01am On Dec 20, 2019
chucsmoore:
Dash board earning Is different from d real cash. After all expenses and commissions am left with 60k, not enough for d effort. Paid Taxify 11k in card trips, 9k in cash outstanding. 30k for fueling and other miscellaneous expenses. What matters most is d cash u keep for yourself at end of week.

So you guys make this much from this hustle. I will tell my cousin who works with me taskforce to be tasking uber drivers high... Atleast, 45k for wring parking.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 9:05am On Dec 20, 2019
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 1daboi: 9:09am On Dec 20, 2019
Calabardick and eroticextasy......hmmm, dont ever judge a book by its cover. Calabardick, may your dick never lack oil. quote author=eroticecstasy post=85048890]

Sir, till this moment I have been wondering if you were human, not until I saw this post. You really surprised me yesterday. It's long since I posted anything on this platform, but I have to.

When you came to me I did not know you are one of us, because of your car, your appearance and you manner of approach, not until you prove by launching your app on your iPad and showed me your earning for the day. You're humble and sweet, how I wish you were a lady grin (joking)

- You didn't mention that I mistakenly spoiled your back bumper when police suddenly stopped us
- you didn't mention that police collected money from you (though you refused telling me the amount)
- You didn't mention that even after rejecting the money, we had dinner together and you paid for mine
- You didn't mention that you drop me at Eleko junction to find my way to Epe
- you didn't mention that the driver that came to pick my rider abused you when you asked him why he didn't care to at least check on me as a fellow.

In all these you were still calm, even when my madam came like thunder you were still smiling.

I sincerely thank you my handsome friend from Akwa Ibom (though you refused giving me your number). In addition, this your username doesn't resemble you.

Please I need another car for the hustle,
I reside at Epe, though it doesn't matter,
weekly returns is the ultimate.
My number is 09056997419

I'm out!
[/quote]

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 9:10am On Dec 20, 2019
ajoks533:

Not so good a thing to say bro... I respect your exposure and level of education. However, it's unfair to use that in the manner you did.

You just politely insulted some fellas in here, just like me saying if not that I am not used to insulting my friends, I would have said that this your post is a stupid post.

Let's try to respect each other, despite the fact we know each other's level and capacity. We are all here to share experiences and learn from each other.

What was the bad thing I said ? Did I say uber drivers are not uneducated? Please read over and try to understand... The level of exposure I talk about is from experince from working in customer care industry.. That is the exposure am talking about.. The insults I get at times will make u want to slap some people ..
So when drivers complain about Nigerian riders rude behaviour. My point is that I have dealt with worse behavior and some were physical too .. That is part of exposure that I was talking about. And in the past experince I could have press police charges. And some industry requires higher care of customers service and others don't.. But at the end of the day jobs in the USA will require some type of customer care service..

And another example the people that work at McDonald's, Dominion Pizza ,KFC etc. Do you know what does people face at the hands of some customers.. It was in the news ago that a customer order some food at a drive through restaurant.. The customer came back and shot the employee ,because they forgot to give hot sauce or something like that .. She was arrested and taken to jail ..
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Rubbiish(m): 9:11am On Dec 20, 2019
radautoworks:

Thanks for the quick reply.
Is this the normal route or Google is sending me enter yawa...
Hope this journey u are planning to embark on by land, u have no kids going with u? I don't understand what prompted this your idea of land. People are finding it difficult traveling within Nigeria by land & u are planning on going to Ghana by land with high risk of danger zones, unfamiliar routes & d stress?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 9:14am On Dec 20, 2019
Rubbiish:

Civic is more expensive than corolla?
Do findings and comparison yourself. Google is always your friend same way police is grin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by uwemjack(m): 9:18am On Dec 20, 2019
[quote author=calabardick post=85050013][/quote]

idioko, utom abadie
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Rubbiish(m): 9:26am On Dec 20, 2019
Felicity001:

Do findings and comparison yourself. Google is always your friend same way police is grin
Then it means u have been using the wrong google. Same year model of civic is not as expensive as corolla. People use Honda civic because it will be more easier & faster to recoup their investment compare to high cost of corolla, that is why u see people like dru using civic, not because it is stronger or more fuel economical. I know a lot of persons that have Honda products but can't use it for ehailing. Hondas break down easily when expose to commercial use.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 9:26am On Dec 20, 2019
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kodred(m): 9:30am On Dec 20, 2019
Felicity001:

I’ll share my experience as my take on this issue.

I was introduced to this ehailing just few months ago by a secondary sch class mate. He knows I’ve a car and I knew my car (V6) won’t be suitable for the job which I told him. So he helped me out by making a contact for a car. The owner of the car lives in Ajah. We drive down on this my friend’s car to see the guy. Getting there it’s a Camry “big daddy” same with what my guy uses for Uber. This my guy was d first person this owner contacted when the car first landed Nigeria direct tok.

I looked at the car before the owner came out from his compound. Nice guy, easy going, young and lovely dude. He handed over the keys myself with my guy test drive the car out of his estate but we didn’t go far. Returned and we started discussions, the dude wants only HP has he was already discouraged by the attitudes of about two drivers that haves the car, they worked and didn’t balance for some weeks then returned the car to him in bad shape which cost him about a 100k to fix it.

At that time, all the 4tiers are worn out and will need replacement or should be replaced within a month. The engine has a check sign, the windscreen looked like something that has been replaced, the car has no remote for automatic or distance opening of the doors unless with the keys, then d car stereo has been removed an replace with those once danfo usually has. And dude needs 2.3m for HP with upfront payment of 100k.

I went back home, give everything a deep meticulous thought and evaluation I then arrived at a value of 1.8m to 2m at most. Because car has been used for like 6months already.
Weather na tear rubber as long has you done commot d rubber that item don turn used one

I called dude explained everything to him, though I also understand his own position because nobody plans to venture into a lose business come what may. But dude insist at 2.250k.

nna menh na so I take close negotiation ooo I can not come and kill myself.

About a month later I asked dude how far since we have good rapport dude said the car has been given out to sb at 2.3m on HP I wished him good luck.

So to me, anything wey don turn 9ja use can not be of the same value with a tok or new one it’s economic valuation base on savages and time factors. No need a scientist to explain that to you

Even toks would give issues not to talk of naija used that has been flogged.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kodred(m): 9:32am On Dec 20, 2019
Prince3:

Bro give it a rest. Izzou was tired of shouting lol
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 9:34am On Dec 20, 2019
Prince3:

But there is a myth or maybe true, Nigerians hate any car calls Honda cause it always have a broken leg. When my dad bought Honda pilot, people complained that he should have gone for a Toyota that Honda always disappoints one on highway with broken legs. Till date people still run away from Honda cause of this...

True sha , and the funny thing is parts matter.. Some will say this car no good etc something is always breaking. The quality of parts you use matters a lot, if u are using wrong parts or low quality. You will be frustrated to the point that you think the car is bad or not study enough for Nigerian road..
Long time ago , a mechanic replaced my Elantra fuel pump with a Camry fuel pump. The driver at the time condem the car ..
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Rubbiish(m): 9:38am On Dec 20, 2019
dru23:

What was the bad thing I said ? Did I say uber drivers are not uneducated? Please read over and try to understand... The level of exposure I talk about is from experince from working in customer care industry.. That is the exposure am talking about.. The insults I get at times will make u want to slap some people ..
So when drivers complain about Nigerian riders rude behaviour. My point is that I have dealt with worse behavior and some were physical too .. That is part of exposure that I was talking about. And in the past experince I could have press police charges. And some industry requires higher care of customers service and others don't.. But at the end of the day jobs in the USA will require some type of customer care service..

And another example the people that work at McDonald's, Dominion Pizza ,KFC etc. Do you know what does people face at the hands of some customers.. It was in the news ago that a customer order some food at a drive through restaurant.. The customer came back and shot the employee ,because they forgot to give hot sauce or something like that .. She was arrested and taken to jail ..
Everyday u keep exhibiting your f00lishness
Can anyone make anything meaningful out of this statement? @bold is killings limited to customers & employee? Haven't u heard about wives killing their husband & vice versa? What about those that walk into schools & public places in the US shooting sporadically? We are talking about mutual respect between two normal persons, u are talking about respect between a normal person and a mentally unstable person because you are mentally unstable. U really need to check your mental health.

10 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 9:42am On Dec 20, 2019
Rubbiish:

Then it means u have been using the wrong google. Same year model of civic is not as expensive as corolla. People use Honda civic because it will be more easier & faster to recoup their investment compare to high cost of corolla, that is why u see people like dru using civic, not because it is stronger or more fuel economical. I know a lot of persons that have Honda products but can't use it for ehailing. Hondas break down easily when expose to commercial use.
Ok sir all hands up I agree to your points.

But in the point of preference like you mentioned who then do you think is wiser when it comes to business? The one who goes for Honda or the one who goes for Toyota with higher cost?

And point of correction, the dislocation problem is not totally synonymous with civic like it is with EOD, baby boy and evil spirit and River oh bros please note that. All Honda produced from 2010 till date don’t have that problem. And as a matter of fact bole joint dislocation happens to almost every car Toyota is not excluded only that it’s common among most Honda cars.

Talking about “ruggedity” I believe Honda is far stronger when compare to Toyota.

If I’m to ask you, have you used a Honda car before?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 9:47am On Dec 20, 2019
Rubbiish:

Everyday u keep exhibiting your f00lishness
Can anyone make anything meaningful out of this statement? @bold is killings limited to customers & employee? Haven't u heard about wives killing their husband & vice versa? What about those that walk into schools & public places in the US shooting sporadically? We are talking about mutual respect between two normal persons, u are talking about respect between a normal person and a mentally unstable person because you are mentally unstable. U really need to check your mental health.
We are talking about offering customer care service. Doing uber requires some type of customer service .. Whether you admit it or not.. And some industry deals with worse customers or similar customers behaviour like uber drivers in Nigeria..

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Krix25: 9:51am On Dec 20, 2019
Good morning family, please does uber accept 2003 Toyota corolla?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 9:52am On Dec 20, 2019
Rubbiish:

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 9:52am On Dec 20, 2019
Chuwaa:

2010 civic 1.8- 2.2
2010 corolla 2.5- 3m

When making an evualation you don’t make use of just one sample. you get up to 5 or 6 or even 7, 8 and 10 from different areas to have a successful theory. Concluding on just one result is like taking judgment from one witness alone which is wrong.

Common sense.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 9:54am On Dec 20, 2019
Krix25:
Good morning family, please does uber accept 2003 Toyota corolla?

I don't want to sound rude. But the question you asking , shows you are not ready or suited for the business.. I will be surprise if anyone answers you ..

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 10:17am On Dec 20, 2019

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2224) (2225) (2226) (2227) (2228) (2229) (2230) ... (5722) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: pope191, Opemipo2107 and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.