Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,331 members, 7,864,594 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 09:10 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (2234) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4896175 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2231) (2232) (2233) (2234) (2235) (2236) (2237) ... (5722) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 10:33am On Dec 22, 2019
nitigriti:

Update.
He probably used Sakamanje. My office to the drop off point is 23 km according to Google maps.
And I didn't even report to you guys that he took a longer route; probably because I told him the client is not familiar with Lagos.

He got to Alexander roundabout just before Lekki-Ikoyi link bridge and refused to climb the link bridge. Instead, he turned off into Ikoyi and went back to VI (Ozumba Mbadiwe).

When I noticed the deviation, I called him. He said the rider told him to take VI route. Rider that is JJC in Lagos.

He just set out to be fraudulent.

Nitigriti,

Please do not pay the fraudulent bastard a kobo. Even his 2,600Naira - do not pay him.

For attempting to defraud you in the first place, tell him to come meet you at the Bolt's office to collect his money.

And I trust Bolt to block his account & dismiss him from the platform - with immediate effect.

I find it difficult to understand why 95% of Nigerians are inherently fraudulent.

For the guy up there trying to support the fraudulent bastard saying he could have had a trip failure, the fact that he was reluctant in confirming the Trip for 45minutes showed his fraudulent intent - and I'm not surprised a bit because Birds of a feather flock together.

As we have fraudulent riders on the platform, so do we also have fraudulent drivers - and they should all be weeded out from the platform.

Lastly, I swear to Ogun, Sango & Obatala - That bastard would not get a kobo from me if I were in your shoes - and I would even go to the extent of beating him up with my boyz if Satan ever pushes him to come to my office.

And then we would all end up at the Police Station - and I trust, with the evidence at my disposal from the receipt & chats - we all know who would be at the receiving end.

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 10:39am On Dec 22, 2019
oblozzolawrence:
baba d guy(wang) even dy own yhu 100naira base on d 5h yhu give em earlier...
500 + 3,600 =4,100
Hahaha... haaaa!!! That’s true ooooh I didn’t even notice it self. But anyways, I don’t mind after all the guy was a very nice guy and I enjoyed his company from start to finish he made my day complete. #100 wouldn’t have done that

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 10:59am On Dec 22, 2019
nitigriti:
Yesterday afternoon at the office (we work on Saturdays!), I ordered a Bolt for a customer that flew in from Abuja. It was a courtesy ride for the customer and it was to take him from our office to his hotel in Lekki.

As soon as Bolt rider came, I told him the company was paying for the trip. Trip estimate is #2400-#3000. I asked him, should I give him #3000 cash upfront, let him do the trip and once he ends the trip, if the fare is less than #3000, he can take the change. If however the trip fare is more than #3000, then he can call me and I can transfer the balance to him. He said the arrangement would not work for him; so I asked if he would do the trip and I then transfer the trip fare to him at the end of the trip. He agreed to that.

Patrick did the trip and about three hours later, he ended it. Then he called me. "Oga, the trip has ended. Your guest has gotten to the hotel. The trip fare is #4,900." I told him "Ok, hold on; let me check my trip receipt." I checked, I didn't see any receipt. I called him back and told him, "I can't see any trip receipt. Are you sure you've ended the trip?" He said he ended the trip but did not confirm it because I had not paid him yet. I told him this is me ready to transfer #4900 to him, but that I need to see the receipt. And besides, you know my office in case I scam you. He didn't agree to confirm the trip. We argued on confirming or not confirming the trip for more than 40 minutes on the phone. He didn't agree. I then told him I'm not calling him again until I see a trip receipt. I then sent him a series of messages in the app requesting that he confirms the trip and also send his account details so I can pay the #4900 trip fare.

The guy confirmed the trip after 45 minutes. I got my trip receipt a few minutes later. My trip receipt reads #2,600.

So I called the idiot and asked him how much he called the fare was again. He said #4900. I told him my trip receipt is reading #2600. He said the trip was on surge, that didn't I know? I told him, Oga, if the trip was on surge, I will know at the time I ordered. The trip wasn't on surge. He insisted that the trip fare is #4900. I said Okay, he shouldn't worry. I will transfer the #2600 I can see on the trip receipt and that he should report me to Bolt for not paying the rest. The guy now said something like he can never take that. That in fact, he's coming to my office to cause trouble.

That just got me annoyed.

I told him that I would report him and this trip to Bolt and I will not pay him anything until I hear from Bolt since he wants to be fraudulent by force.

You had every right to ask for a receipt .. And based on the receipt. You should pay and complain to bolt .. Certain things you don't need to get upset about.. Anyone can tell that the driver is a scammer ... ...

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chillex8(m): 11:10am On Dec 22, 2019
nitigriti:

He wants to come on Monday.

On second thoughts, I will manually calculate the trip after Church and send him what I arrive at. Then I will call him.

It's possible the trip failed. I never thought of that.
If I were you, I will send him the #2,600 now or asap.
I can see you had a discount of 300 naira also.

Let Taxify do the fare review themselves. It's not your business.
They will eventually message you if you are to top up or not.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Prince3(m): 11:12am On Dec 22, 2019
Zoharariel:

Nitigriti,

Please do not pay the fraudulent bastard a kobo. Even his 2,600Naira - do not pay him.

For attempting to defraud you in the first place, tell him to come meet you at the Bolt's office to collect his money.

And I trust Bolt to block his account & dismiss him from the platform - with immediate effect.

I find it difficult to understand why 95% of Nigerians are inherently fraudulent.

For the guy up there trying to support the fraudulent bastard saying he could have had a trip failure, the fact that he was reluctant in confirming the Trip for 45minutes showed his fraudulent intent - and I'm not surprised a bit because Birds of a feather flock together.

As we have fraudulent riders on the platform, so do we also have fraudulent drivers - and they should all be weeded out from the platform.

Lastly, I swear to Ogun, Sango & Obatala - That bastard would not get a kobo from me if I were in your shoes - and I would even go to the extent of beating him up with my boyz if Satan ever pushes him to come to my office.

And then we would all end up at the Police Station - and I trust, with the evidence at my disposal from the receipt & chats - we all know who would be at the receiving end.
Not supporting any one here. But don't you think u are reacting too much. Don't judge a story from one side. There is a 3side of every story,. The offender the offendee and the witness. But atleast hear two side of the story before arriving on a conclusion. I am not saying that the guy is lying. My little Kobo, What do I know..

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nitigriti(m): 11:14am On Dec 22, 2019
chillex8:

Thank you my brother. I will send #2600 now. Let him escalate the trip. I will top up if Bolt asks me to.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Rubbiish(m): 11:46am On Dec 22, 2019
Zoharariel:

Nitigriti,

U cannot make a good leader!
He shouldn't pay him his N2600?
So many complains about bolt app recently of which they have admitted with the promise to work on it. Haven't u been seeing it on this thread? What if 4900 was really displayed on the driver's phone?? Confirmation means someone has paid, once u click confirm it means the person has paid. So u can not just completely blame the driver for acting hesitant clicking the Confirm button because he is yet to receive his pay. @Nitigriti do not listen to this noisemaker, send d driver the 2600, when he comes tomorrow, u can balance him after the manual calculation. Do not hold another man's sweat in the guise of fraud, in that way u are also not different from him.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mrjaydee(m): 11:56am On Dec 22, 2019
Zoharariel:

Nitigriti,

Lastly, I swear to Ogun, Sango & Obatala - That bastard would not get a kobo from me[b] if I were in your shoes - and I would even go to the extent of beating him up with my boyz if Satan ever pushes him to come to my office.
[/b]

Awon set bitterlemon.. this is my kind of rider.. las las one person go give up.

Just come here to make noise, what if the driver comes to your place and beat the hell out of you and your boys?
Mugu!

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Epphy(m): 12:09pm On Dec 22, 2019
mrjaydee:

Awon set bitterlemon.. this is my kind of rider.. las las one person go give up.

Just come here to make noise, what if the driver comes to your place and beat the hell out of you and your boys?
Mugu!

Lolz...You just love fighting and beating people wink grin

8 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Tyche(m): 12:23pm On Dec 22, 2019
dru23:

Tyche as till Dec 25th.. If he does not take the offer than it goes to u

Much appreciation Dru. My servicing needs for the season has been taking care of.

For this king gesture, will make my next order from you, though I am in Abuja
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 12:39pm On Dec 22, 2019
Tyche:

Much appreciation Dru. My servicing needs for the season has been taking care of.

For this king gesture, will make my next order from you, though I am in Abuja

I will extend for your next order.. Just remind before you place the order..
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ofime123(m): 1:03pm On Dec 22, 2019
mrjaydee:

Mugu!
egbon u like fight sha grin
mrjaydee:

Mugu!
egbon u like fight sha

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 1:04pm On Dec 22, 2019
calabardick:

Obong owo, warri boy? No wonder most of the young ladies at that udoudoma area are having bow legs, you've disfigured all of them. There is godoooooooo.
grin
Lmao.... abasi nbong. Lol
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ofime123(m): 1:11pm On Dec 22, 2019
mrjaydee:

Mugu!
I pick up a girl from ikorodu to surulere trip was 3800 she gave me 1600 and transfer 1800 I didn't wait to receive my alert cus of another request 3 hours later I call her she heard my voice and cut the call I call again she didn't pick her call. me I don't have that time to be telling people to help me call her I just sent her a message at night that if I didn't get my money that am coming to her house to show her the stuff am made off. and truly I will go to her house because I hat cheating. the next thing she reply pls sir send me ur account number again. I did I got my alert. N.B I pick her from her house that was why I allow her go without alert if not she must seat and wait for my alert before she leaves

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by adsmaster: 1:15pm On Dec 22, 2019
Zoharariel:

Nitigriti,

AMAZING!

These line speaks alot about you friend.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Christie171(f): 1:37pm On Dec 22, 2019
nitigriti:

On second thoughts, I will manually calculate the trip after Church and send him what I arrive at. Then I will call him.

If you do this, you would've succeeded in becoming my Sunday crush... wink
Cheers.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Tyche(m): 1:39pm On Dec 22, 2019
dru23:

I will extend for your next order.. Just remind before you place the order..

Thanks a million. Dru for president

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mrjaydee(m): 1:41pm On Dec 22, 2019
ofime123:
egbon u like fight sha ;Degbon u like fight sha

Yes some drivers are full of sh*t also the riders too. But you need to hear both sides before concluding.

I know like fight lol, I dislike downgrading... I fit die for there.

Funny enough I'm rated 4.80 on uber after almost 1800trips.

I'm very nice, I joke a lot, and also compassionate. But if you bring craze come, i will gladly welcome you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 1:51pm On Dec 22, 2019
Bros, you too like fight ooooo. One day, me and you go arrange our fight and I want fellas here to witness how I go beat you. grin grin tongue tongue tongue

mrjaydee:

Mugu!

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 1:57pm On Dec 22, 2019
nitigriti:

But you reported him already?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by gameboy55: 1:57pm On Dec 22, 2019
Rubbiish:

I have used both Honda & Toyota
U can never compare Honda to Toyota when it comes to reliability.

not completely true. check the attached pics to prove my point

I ve been using Honda Eod for a long time now, I ve not experience any ball joint failure issue nor any serious issue.

toyota cars are good but it all comes down to choice and maintanace.

toyota cars are strong but design and interior is a mess (not all though), nd thats the major reason I love honda cars.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 2:01pm On Dec 22, 2019
My question is

Why did it take about 45 minutes to confirm the trip? Why was he reluctant to do so?

Whether failed trip or not, oga had the intention to cheat

You passed Alexander road and instead of climbing Ikoyi bridge, you passed Bourdillon. Why didn't he pass Rewane from the beginning, since the rider wanted VI?

I'd love nitigriti to pay him the actual fare, but let's not try to put any silly defense for this guy. He wanted to cheat, and it was very clear

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by adsmaster: 2:13pm On Dec 22, 2019
Guys these surge here and there fit make person kill Himself oh. My body is broken, weak and bartered but I still was having the urge to go out and work.

Not until i consciously talk some sense to myself to heed the message my body has been passing across. These hustle you don't just trade skill of driving or service of moving rider from one place to another, but trade your sweat, blood, tears...

Crazy!! Like these have yielded, make i dey house relax, do all those weekend stuff I gave up because of these hustle..

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tojahh(m): 2:13pm On Dec 22, 2019
Don't manual calculate anything @nitigriti. This is a company expense and what you get receipted for is what you pay.

Trip failure isn't your making neither his. The big issue is Bolt. Nonetheless, I still find it hard to understand where he saw 4,900 displayed on his phone to know that's the fare. From my end here after doing the maths, fee is 2,690. Again, explain to him you would only pay what the receipt says... Nothing less.

Don't beat or get beaten on this issue. Obviously something is not right and that is not your wahala.

Have anyone imagined if it was a CARD TRIP? Who will the driver be threatening to beat up on Monday? Now you know... Driver is on a Long thing.

You have his details... Pay him his 2600 and receipt it. No listen to any app failure bullshit after all the driver didn't say anything like App failure when he charged you 4,900.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mrjaydee(m): 2:25pm On Dec 22, 2019
peeps4u:
Bros, you too like fight ooooo. One day, me and you go arrange our fight and I want fellas here to witness how I go beat you. grin grin tongue tongue tongue

No wahala..after the fight..we settle am with some cold bottles
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 2:35pm On Dec 22, 2019
Please update us if he dares come tommorrow. And kindly deal with him legally. As advised, Pay the 2600 shown from your end so he wont have a case of you not paying him against you.

nitigriti:

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 2:56pm On Dec 22, 2019
dapotemi:

Hmmmn, later he will come and show dashboard here that he made 50,000 naira with 3000 naira fuel...hardworking fellas! I remember my days on the platform as a regular, I know for sure what you can average as a smart and hardworking driver, without fraud. Most of this figure I see on their dashboard here , except maybe you're EXTREMELY lucky which happens once in a long while, most of them are tainted and had fraud well written over it, for d discerning eyes only else you won't see anything. Yes, we have fraudulent riders, but it's more on the driver's side. You won't know because riders don't have a platform to vent their frustration as this. I still do like 4 to 6 trip every week tho. Most of them complain about fraudulent drivers and am amazed ..for the good drivers, don't worry, someone up there sees your sweat, your anxiety, he will surely crown your effort soonest! Continue to be UPRIGHT!
Honestly this fraudulent habitb people have these day enh,to me I just believe it’s a matter of lack of understanding. You can cheat to get to the top but such blessings won’t last.

That was how I returned from work one morning last month was so tired and my wife was to take my son for immunization I then ordered a taxify to pick them. The destination was just very close to our house. Though he dropped off my LL’s daughter in school which is on the same route to the health center. Trip ended on a N1100. Which I transferred to him even before getting receipt on my app. Estimate for the trip was 450-600 box me con dey surprise how trip end 1.1k just within abule egba. Next day I picked a rider from same area to Kola b/s somewhere around Alakuko trip ended 500. Even my wife self was surprised asking me “isn’t the same tin u do how come this one was that high?” I just shock me head and said nothing.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 3:06pm On Dec 22, 2019
calabardick:

Far better than Corolla, the interior is superb, good sound system, powerful headlights, good brakes, stability and traction, but it's ground clearance is lesser than Corolla, avoid bad road or you will weld your exhauste every day
Shabi when I talk am say Civic fuel consumption is far better when compared to corolla one or two guys come for my head say me no sabi anything...una don hear am now? Coming from experience user o

After all self watin I sabi?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 3:21pm On Dec 22, 2019
mrjaydee:

Mugu!
Lol... he even said “me and my boys”. Can you imagine. I’m trying to use taylor’s series to calculate the integral difference btw @zohararie and the driver.

The driver has a right not to confirm the trip simply because he hasn’t gotten his money knowing it’s a bolt trip. I believe he wouldn’t mind if it where an Uber trip. Even Bolt will tell you if you confirm and you don’t get ur money afterwards we can’t do anything about it becos confirming means you’ve close that trip business with the rider.

But in the first place, I’m yet to understand why that guy refused the 3k cash he was offered. Something is really fishy about him.

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 3:34pm On Dec 22, 2019
My brother god go bless you plenty scarra.
Since I posted for anneed for a rental here I’ve had several calls from all walks of life and most are Toyota but I decided to go with Honda which will even be ready lasted 1st week In January 2020. I still can’t explain my affinity for Honda.
My prayer be say make God bless me my next car will still be Honda accord
gameboy55:

not completely true. check the attached pics to prove my point

I ve been using Honda Eod for a long time now, I ve not experience any ball joint failure issue nor any serious issue.

I also own a 2011 Accord, apart from Cylinder one misfire issue which ve been resolved, I ve not done any other repair on it at all since when purchased.

currently working on owning 2016 honda accord.

toyota cars are good but it all comes down to choice and maintanace.

I ones wanted to upgrade my 2011 accord wen it had misfire issues to a 2014 corolla (I ve bought it already from auto auction mall USA), but as soon as I get rid of my misfire issues nd test ride a friend 2015 corolla, I had to change my mind and I ve put up the 2014 corolla up for sale (though its still in transit)

toyota cars are strong but design and interior is a mess (not all though), nd thats the major reason I love honda cars.

only toyota car I can use @d moment is the 2015 toyota carmy above... apart from that, I cant sacrifice my comfort for just reliability. It all has to balance.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by oblozzolawrence: 3:57pm On Dec 22, 2019
Felicity001:

Hahaha... haaaa!!! That’s true ooooh I didn’t even notice it self. But anyways, I don’t mind after all the guy was a very nice guy and I enjoyed his company from start to finish he made my day complete. #100 wouldn’t have done that
Nice one!!!!
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by oluwashola4me(m): 4:22pm On Dec 22, 2019
brogxy:

Uber all the way and I have a N100k net as yesterday with a 4day work during the week.

Good evening, brother.
I took the Uber online test yesterday, please how long do I have to wait for a response from them?
Thanks.

chillex8:

(1) (2) (3) ... (2231) (2232) (2233) (2234) (2235) (2236) (2237) ... (5722) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: Fatbam005, Johnchrix(m), Cineinfo(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.