Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,636 members, 7,861,956 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 01:28 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (2239) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4890095 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2236) (2237) (2238) (2239) (2240) (2241) (2242) ... (5719) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 2:14pm On Dec 23, 2019
okorotalkative:
Man's takin no chances this december, na POS remain grin

Naso this babe wan spoil my day yesterday

Rider:Hello
Me: Good Afternoon
Rider: Where are you?
Me: cheesy. Where are you headed to?
Rider: Alaba!
Me: I'll advise you cancel.
Rider: Why!?
Me: You know why madam
Rider: Uhmm okay o.
Me: dropped call.

Been in these bizness for a while now, until yesterday na him i finally decide to say fűck incentives and worthless promo these guys are offering. e. g maintain 95% acceptance rate lol

I sat in my car carefully selecting trips I'll go on, in the past i don't care i go to Sango, Akute, alaba etc. I notice that at the end of these trips I'll have to blow empty to civilization before i get another request.

Now i have my own lagos mini map of where to go and where not try . I started work around 1pm by 10pm i was able to make 20k minus 3k fuel. I have - 800 to pay bolt and taxify to pay me 675. 8 trips on bolt 3 on uber.

I'll advise you stay within lagos metropolis if you are new in this biz.

Cluttered car, me weee just rate you low.
grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 2:16pm On Dec 23, 2019
radautoworks:

http://weblink.carquest.com/acl/?mfgName=CQO&partNumber=CQ620-5QT N10,040

Change every 3 months or 4,800km whichever comes first
Hmmm, when an average Uber drive does that within a month.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by abiolag(m): 2:18pm On Dec 23, 2019
radautoworks:

First your mechanic, then you for going along with it
grin
sorry ma'am
Reason why I brought d case to d house. He has not start working on it. But i don't have d cash for ABS (35k)
wot should I do pls?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 2:21pm On Dec 23, 2019
GentleChief:

Am aware. Its just that the ones am seein on Nairaland says 17,000 abi 18,000 lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

I don't have that kind of money to be spendin on oil monthly

Thats why am asking for good 5w30 alternatives to the 18k own. Am not saying I won't use the 5w30. I will use it but not the 18k own. I need the basic ones uber drivers use

Or do drivers use 18k oils shocked shocked shocked
This oil issue sometimes is overrated, just use the regular oil most people use and service promptly. That's what matters, especially as an Uber driver.
The point is service car promptly, not serving on time kills the engine faster.

That way the Engine lasts for years, abi the car go outlive you?
If the engine spoil after some years buy another one
grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 2:32pm On Dec 23, 2019
Gentlelife50:

This oil issue sometimes is overrated, just use the regular oil most people use and service promptly. That's what matters, especially as an Uber driver.

grin

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 2:38pm On Dec 23, 2019
dru23:

You can't fight it, a lot of people use the regular Mobil
Unless the few partners that service their cars by themselves and they want to take good care of their cars according to you apart from that most Uber drivers buy Mobil and pour there and it have been serving them at least for now.

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chibjohn(m): 2:42pm On Dec 23, 2019
abiolag:
Good morning to the bosses in the house. I noticed my car break was not functioning properly. Whenever I applied break, it will not stop quickly and I'll feel it on my leg like an iron is touching d ground. My Mech checked it and discover d ABS is bad. We unplugged d ABS and d car worked fine.he told me getting ABS will cost 35k but he can run it to become manual for 10k. I decided to go for d manual running which is lesser (with d hope of fixing d ABS back when I have money)
I just want to know if running it manually will not have any effect on d break system and if there is any need to rerun it back to ABS in future?
Thanks for ur input as await them
Wow. Some mechanics won't make heaven.
There is nothing wrong with your brake. Your mechanic wants to swindle you and probably spoil something that is working fine. The work of ABS is to prevent your wheel from locking up on hard braking that can lead to the car skidding and you losing control of it. Your description points to the fact that the ABS is working fine. You only need to learn how to drive in such a manner that you wouldn't need hard braking. My car does exactly like you described. Anytime it happens I feel happy that my ABS is working fine. I don't understand this manual thing your mechanic said. He is probably going to disable the ABS system such that when you brake hard, your wheels will lock up and your tires will screech on the road. You will then think your brake is working fine when it's worse because you will be damaging your tires and can loose control of the car on a slippery road.
In summary, don't tamper with your brakes. It's ok. Learn to drive such that you won't need hard and instant braking. If you have 10k to waste. It's better you give it out for free to people that need it.

10 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 2:44pm On Dec 23, 2019
Gentlelife50:

grin

So if he decides to use the ones everybody uses , which is 20w50 .. And how often will he have to change oil promptly? With full synethic oil you can go as far as 7k miles or more depending on the brand of oil . Now the 20w50 which to start with is the wrong oil, how long can go before he changes oil? The question remains is it cost effective? .... People like you are the reason why am against buying Nigerian used cars...
Your next reply is am protecting my business, because I sell oil .. But I not only sell oil , I also use what I sell...

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 2:45pm On Dec 23, 2019
chibjohn:

There is nothing wrong with your brake. Your mechanic wants to swindle you and probably spoil something that is working fine. The work of ABS is to prevent your wheel from locking up on hard braking that can lead to the car skidding and you losing control of it. Your description points to the fact that the ABS is working fine. You only need to learn how to drive in such a manner that you wouldn't need hard braking. My car does exactly like you described. Anytime it happens I feel happy that my ABS is working fine. I don't understand this manual thing your mechanic said. He is probably going to disable the ABS system such that when you brake hard, your wheels will lock up and your tires will screech on the road. You will then think your brake is working fine when it's worse because you will be damaging your tires and can loose control of the car on a slippery road.
In summary, don't tamper with your brakes. It's ok. Learn to drive such that you won't need hard and instant braking. If you have 10k to waste. It's better you give it out for free to people that need it.
That's if the mechanic even understand what ABS is, next thing he will tell him to change brake master and savo

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 2:47pm On Dec 23, 2019
dru23:

So if he decides to use the ones everybody uses , which is 20w50 .. And how often will he have to change oil promptly? With full synethic oil you can go as far as 7k miles or more depending on the brand of oil . Now the 20w50 which to start with is the wrong oil, how long can go before he changes oil? The question remains is it cost effective? .... People like you are the reason why am against buying Nigerian used cars...
Your next reply is am protecting my business, because I sell oil .. But I not only sell oil , I also use what I sell...
All these epistles won't take away the fact that most people use regular Mobil and it have been serving them at least for the meantime.
Especially when they service promptly, like I said service promptly the Engine will hardly give u issues.
Most time why engine knock is carelessness not really because of the Mobil they use

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 2:51pm On Dec 23, 2019
Gentlelife50:

Cluttered car, me weee just rate you low.
grin

Na my rider get all those stuff, and the calculator
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 2:51pm On Dec 23, 2019
dru23:

But wait ooo, can you allow your car go roughly 12,000 kilometers without changing it plus the oil filter?
In this busy Lagos or as an ehailing driver? Just asking ooo

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 2:51pm On Dec 23, 2019
Gentlelife50:

You can't fight it, a lot of people use the regular Mobil
Unless the few partners that service their cars by themselves and they want to take good care of their cars according to you apart from that most Uber drivers buy Mobil and pour there and it have been serving them at least for now.

Yes u are rite .. Because most dont know better, and most partners are very ignorant about maintainence . And the winner at the end of the day. Are parts dealers in Ladipo ..
There was guy on the forum. He said the previous owner of Honda 2014 was using 20w50 oil ... He wanted to know if thats the right oil .. I just laugh and shake head. Do you know the cost of 2014 civic engine? Smh

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 2:52pm On Dec 23, 2019
okorotalkative:

Na my rider get all those stuff lol.
I for say, I opened my trunk this morning for a rider to put his box he said most Uber drivers always have stuffs in their boot that I am an exception

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 2:55pm On Dec 23, 2019
Gentlelife50:

I for say, I opened my trunk this morning for a rider to put his box he said most Uber drivers always have stuffs in their boot that I am an exception

na my service kit dey my trunk sef.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 2:55pm On Dec 23, 2019
dru23:

Yes u are rite .. Because most dont know better, and most partners are very ignorant about maintainence . And the winner at the end of the day. Are parts dealers in Ladipo ..
There was guy on the forum. He said the previous owner of Honda 2014 was using 20w50 oil ... He wanted to know if thats the right oil .. I just laugh and shake head. Do you know the cost of 2014 civic engine? Smh
Like I said what matters most is servicing promptly, that's where a lot of people fail. Engine fail most times because of carelessness

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 2:56pm On Dec 23, 2019
okorotalkative:

na my service kit dey my trunk sef.
Sometimes Sometimes I see some drivers trunk I shudder to death, I will be like why won't riders talk to you anyhow.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 3:01pm On Dec 23, 2019
Gentlelife50:

But wait ooo, can you allow your car go roughly 12,000 kilometers without changing it plus the oil filter?
In this busy Lagos or as an ehailing driver? Just asking ooo

We had a discussion on that .. I stated with the Mobil 1 extended oil that is good for 15k miles. I stated that I don't wait till 15k miles ,I do change at 10k miles, and most will be 12k miles. And the oil filter I use is good for 15k miles oil change. The oil filter I use I sell it for 2k naira , which is the same price that sells for ladipo for normal filter...
You mention Lagos traffic , we need to frequently change the Air filter .. Besides that how often should we change oil when using other less expensive oil ?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 3:02pm On Dec 23, 2019
Who send me come this Ikeja?
Traffic and rough driving everywhere
cry

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 3:04pm On Dec 23, 2019
dru23:

We had a discussion on that .. I stated with the Mobil 1 extended oil that is good for 15k miles. I stated that I don't wait till 15k miles ,I do change at 10k miles, and most will be 12k miles. And the oil filter I use is good for 15k miles oil change. The oil filter I use I sell it for 2k naira , which is the same price that sells for ladipo for normal filter...
You mention Lagos traffic , we need to frequently change the Air filter .. Besides that how often should we change oil when using other less expensive oil ?
As for your question Sir, I change oil every 3000-3500 miles. Depending on how the spirit ministers to me, and I also take into consideration the traffic because while the car is stationed or idle it is steaming

Anytime I service I set trip and watch it

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by lubehouse9ja(m): 3:16pm On Dec 23, 2019
Gentlelife50:

All these epistles won't take away the fact that most people use regular Mobil and it have been serving them at least for the meantime.
Especially when they service promptly, like I said service promptly the Engine will hardly give u issues.
Most time why engine knock is carelessness not really because of the Mobil they use
one good thing you still refuse to learn is how the engine respond to the oil viscosity and the Api.. Regular Mobil are mostly made for Danfo.. A 1968 to 1998 can work properly on a 20w50 viscosity but modern engine from mostly 2001 needs a less viscosity to run smoothly.. Have you ever imagine why the 20w50 so cheaper than other viscosity?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 3:16pm On Dec 23, 2019
Gentlelife50:

As for your question Sir, I change oil every 3000-3500 miles. Depending on how the spirit ministers to me, and I also take into consideration the traffic because while the car is stationed or idle it is steaming

Anytime I service I set trip and watch it

My guess is that you are using the car for uber. So give or take you are doing oil change roughly every month. Now the cost of oil change is roughly about 2k naira ,unless you are doing your own oil change. Which I advice against , or better yet kazzem the road side mechanic does it cheaper.. And am sure the kazzem is not properly draining the old oil before he puts the fresh.. And am sure Kazzem is likely pouring too much oil in the engine . Which in the long run will spoil your car.
By the time you add up the cost of changing oil every 3k miles to 3500k miles, the cost of oil itself ,labour and oil filter. Is this cost effective for you.. Keep in mind anytime you do oil change , you have to change oil filter too.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by lubehouse9ja(m): 3:17pm On Dec 23, 2019
Gentlelife50:
Who send me come this Ikeja?
Traffic and rough driving everywhere
cry
you com de type for traffic grin grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by abiolag(m): 3:25pm On Dec 23, 2019
chibjohn:

Thank u so much for this. I really appreciate. I will buy another ABS when I get the fund
The car is Camry 2004
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by abiolag(m): 3:25pm On Dec 23, 2019
eroticecstasy:

It depends on the car, but just have it in mind that as much as that brake is concern you've converted your car to a 1965 Peugeot 404 pickup. Start pumping when you notice anything from far.
grin
Lol thanx

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by skillip(m): 3:29pm On Dec 23, 2019
Guys, has anyone here been able to make or get the alternatives for payment at the Ikoyi link bridge toll gate ? if yes please how did you go about it ?

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ajoks533: 3:50pm On Dec 23, 2019
Tyche:

In Dru23's voice, are you ready for this hustle

In my voice... Are ready to relate?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chillex8(m): 4:04pm On Dec 23, 2019
Homecoming.
The number of car's on the road today is something else.
Local man cannot continue

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Parlee(m): 4:08pm On Dec 23, 2019
Went to pick some entitled idiot around agege, Map forever leads one astray so I decided to call her for directions on getting to her street, map said I have arrived called her again and told her I am beside some supermarket she said that's her street that I should drive down the street and I will see a brown and cream building. Na so I drive down not knowing her house was right beside the supermarket I was initially stopped at. She called again n started shouting that she is in the sun and where am I, I explained to her where I was and she wasn't having it na so she de shout go even while I eventually located her she kept on shouting meaning I should not talk but listen to her. Of course that's not possible I told her she made the mistake by not simply telling me her house was beside the supermarket. Guess what she kept shouting that was when I had enough and told her if she isn't going on the trip she should tell me and I will cancel All the while her friend who is actually the person going on the trip kept telling her it's ok it's ok but she wont have it and I just closed my booth and told her I am no more going on the trip that's when she started cursing me telling me I am young enough to be her younger brother say ko ni Da fu her own family bla bla . Worse part she started shouting on the street calling me thief ole people on the street were just laughing. Funny story u go finish am later I get ride now btw I never see uber alert oo. Anyone who has seen should let me know

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chillex8(m): 4:11pm On Dec 23, 2019
izzou:

I wanted to tell aunty that you do 1500km every week, but I say make I wait for the horse himself grin

Meanwhile, hope say the Mondeo go be 200k by January? tongue
200k for the complete cooling unit. Yes I will sell.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 5:18pm On Dec 23, 2019
lubehouse9ja:
one good thing you still refuse to learn is how the engine respond to the oil viscosity and the Api.. Regular Mobil are mostly made for Danfo.. A 1968 to 1998 can work properly on a 20w50 viscosity but modern engine from mostly 2001 needs a less viscosity to run smoothly.. Have you ever imagine why the 20w50 so cheaper than other viscosity?
Performance? Hmmmm, that's another angles to it.
But like dru said most of us are ignorant
grin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by radautoworks: 5:18pm On Dec 23, 2019
Gentlelife50:

Hmmm, when an average Uber drive does that within a month.

Exactly. That's why they use synthetic and ours costs about 16.5k.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2236) (2237) (2238) (2239) (2240) (2241) (2242) ... (5719) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.