Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,751 members, 7,862,456 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 05:10 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (2374) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4891621 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2371) (2372) (2373) (2374) (2375) (2376) (2377) ... (5719) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 5:50pm On Feb 09, 2020
sexylassie:

you are not a smart individual, just because uber is registered with CAC does not mean they have license to operate in the transportation business

CAC does not come with a license, CAC is just for registration of business, it does not give licence operate in the transport business

this is what you do not understand, we have 36 states in Nigeria, each states with their law and licenses, with what is going on, each states can decide to make Uber collect license before they can operate in their states, that will be disastrous for uber

Mr/Mrs smart, what I mean by CAC is to show they are registered and can be brought to book, I never said they don't need whatsoever permit to stay afloat in transportation. An oil company has CAC does not mean they have the right to import petroleum products... The pathetic part about your smartness is you r shying away from questions begging for answers. Too many injustice in this land, but you didn't sign up to address that, what is your motive? That's my point

If you need me to refresh you with injustice in line with transportation, I'll do that for free, since transportation orderliness is your hobby.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Ogbunigwe2018: 5:57pm On Feb 09, 2020
pope191:

Mr/Mrs smart, what I mean by CAC is to show they are registered and can be brought to book, I never said they don't need whatsoever permit to stay afloat in transportation. An oil company has CAC does not mean they have the right to import petroleum products... The pathetic part about your smartness is you r shying away from questions begging for answers. Too many injustice in this land, but you didn't sign up to address that, what is your motive? That's my point

If you need me to refresh you with injustice in line with transportation, I'll do that for free, since transportation orderliness is your hobby.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by famousguy01(m): 6:00pm On Feb 09, 2020
pope191:

Pope “ma pa mi now”

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 6:06pm On Feb 09, 2020
sexylassie:

when you start using red plate you will know the reality of being a commercial driver which you are.

we can as well go back and forth, abuse each other, it wont change the law nor change lagos state policies, the law is there for every one to read and see, it is public, any right and smart person can easily understand that.

Have a nice day, uber slave, and dont come bragging about the hell of money you have made on the platform and how you can feed me. grin

Silly ass dumbo, what is wrong with being a commercial driver? Who cares? Guess its bad, yet! Your colleagues get off work and can't feed on the meagre salary to hop behind danfo wheels, putting different shades of identification to break traffic rules... Like I told you, I don't find pleasure in material stuffs, I just live and try to do that which is right. You came in here as one of us, I fish you out, if you have problem with that, then your problem will b forever. Won't stoop low over the internet justifying who has more money or living a better life than the other, that's all spam. If you call me Uber slave? Uber must have been the one feeding me since inception, I must have made my first million using Uber #Odeson! Like we don't see u guys on the road, give me your name again, I need to check forbes.

8 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Carshopper(m): 6:08pm On Feb 09, 2020
sexylassie:

1- Yes Yellow buses do have LAsdri because they are commercial buses
BIG LIE

2-It is not a crime to ride share but know they when you start to ride share your private car for cash, you have now commercialize it, if arrested when picking up passegers, you will be asked for permit to operate a commercial vehicle... drivers of commercial buses and taxis are also tax payers. Wrong - no law says u cannot pick and charge who enters your car. Pls if you have that law bring it forward. Note: every word has to be based on the law in the state

yes, people have been ride sharing before uber all over the world but they needed a permit to operate, even private taxi operators in lagos before uber needed a permit to operate. It was never the govt that went against people using their private cars but the taxi union - Govt has played that part of involvement in transportation to the road unions

Best approach will be for Uber and others to come clean and tell the government that they are taxi operators and get the necessary permit instead of claiming they are connecting people. all uber and others stubbornness and deceit will lead to the suffering of drivers on their platform, lagos government has leverage, uber are at their mercy no mattter what they print on paper. they will have to bow down to government at the end of the tussle.
Wrong approach again...that I develop an application that allows u ride-share doesnt make me a taxi service. We should embrace technology rather than find a way to roll the country backwards.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 6:15pm On Feb 09, 2020
famousguy01:

Pope “ma pa mi now”

The self righteous mumu is just disgusting, how much is the permit? I don't think is what drivers can't afford. There is a diffrence between doing the right thing and trying to do the right thing, what he/she is doing is just trying to do the right thing in a shamble manner.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 6:20pm On Feb 09, 2020
Carshopper:
Wrong approach again...that I develop an application that allows u ride-share doesnt make me a taxi service. We should embrace technology rather than find a way to roll the country backwards.

One mumu, that has created park terminal, identification number, registered uber drivers under union with ID card said is a taxi service and we know his/her reason for that, for the love of the state and country.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ofime123(m): 6:20pm On Feb 09, 2020
eyinola:
hmmmmmm,registered january 18/2020..if u know u know grin
we all know na vio him be
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ofime123(m): 6:28pm On Feb 09, 2020
sexylassie:

1- Yes Yellow buses do have LAsdri because they are commercial buses

2-It is not a crime to ride share but know they when you start to ride share your private car for cash, you have now commercialize it, if arrested when picking up passegers, you will be asked for permit to operate a commercial vehicle... drivers of commercial buses and taxis are also tax payers.

yes, people have been ride sharing before uber all over the world but they needed a permit to operate, even private taxi operators in lagos before uber needed a permit to operate.

Best approach will be for Uber and others to come clean and tell the government that they are taxi operators and get the necessary permit instead of claiming they are connecting people. all uber and others stubbornness and deceit will lead to the suffering of drivers on their platform, lagos government has leverage, uber are at their mercy no mattter what they print on paper. they will have to bow down to government at the end of the tussle.
pls how do u identify me as Uber driver will u search my phone just answer me.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Carshopper(m): 6:59pm On Feb 09, 2020
In the Lagos state traffic law... Commerical vehicle isnt defined as to what COMMERCIAL entails. Fashola enacted the law ... Ambode visited the law and added only driving options for motorcycles which should b 250cc above.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 7:08pm On Feb 09, 2020
Just finished 15 pages of VIO related nonsense angry

VIO sef don join this thread. grin grin grin grin grin grin

Good evening brethren grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 7:22pm On Feb 09, 2020
peeps4u:
Nigeria is a fraud.

FRSC (Fed govt) issues its own licence, LASG also issues its own LASDRI licence.

Nigerian govt agencies are all about extortion of the citizens...so sad!

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 7:35pm On Feb 09, 2020
izzou:

I thought you deliberately sat out laughing at us and all the VIO-Uber drama after keke and marwa bans.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by adsmaster: 7:49pm On Feb 09, 2020
Don't fight the game,understand it, Learn to play the game and use it to your advantage

While all these turmoil is going on,whe should be asking ourself what next. Plans for whatever the outcome of these will Be should be put in place.

You either Adapt, evolve or die(phase out)

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 7:51pm On Feb 09, 2020
peeps4u:

I thought you deliberately sat out laughing at us and all the VIO-Uber drama after keke and marwa bans.

Laugh? undecided

Common bro. I can't laugh at the problems of someone's hustle na. That's inhumane.

Its painful seeing how the government is making life tough for the masses. Personally, i dont think the panic here brought the government's attention to this. Drivers here are like 4% of the drivers in Lagos(no jokes). If you spend some nights on Allen, or Northwest(when they were still allowing drivers to sleep there), you'll know what i'm talking about.

As for the situation, now would be a better time to lead a peaceful walk, not to Uber, but VIO's office at Alausa. Shebi Uber drivers are graduates? Una fit carry them go court first, make court stop the clampdown while you guys think of the next step (I don't know if this makes sense).

Uber has acknowledged that this is an issue. It would be weird to still live in self denial.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by sexylassie(f): 7:52pm On Feb 09, 2020
pope191:

Autocrat wanna b, u shouldn't have stoop dis low. I won't dignify ur HP shit with a response, cos material stuff's lives outside the line of my reality, but saying I'm complaining when you signed on to nairaland on d 18th of last month and you've been having erection for dis platform shows you only bear your name cos silly has been taken.

yeah that is what they say, material stuff lives outside the line of my reality if material stuff isnt important, you would as well just be a monk, instead of looking for cash to buy material stuff from uber
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by sexylassie(f): 7:59pm On Feb 09, 2020
Carshopper:

u share ride for cash, isnt what taxi business is all about

before the app, there was telephone and your smartphone, people order call taxi by calling taxis through their telephone and smart phone, the app is just the replacement of the telephone or calling by smartphone, the business is taxi business.

so operating a taxi business with an app doesnt make it another thing, it is still a taxi business

so what are taxi people doing, even though they are rough, arent they ride sharing
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 8:05pm On Feb 09, 2020
sexylassie:

u share ride for cash, isnt what taxi business is all about

before the app, there was telephone and your smartphone, people order call taxi by calling taxis through their telephone and smart phone, the app is just the replacement of the telephone or calling by smartphone, the business is taxi business.

so operating a taxi business with an app doesnt make it another thing, it is still a taxi business

so what are taxi people doing, even though they are rough, arent they ride sharing

Sorry ma/sir

But why is the "clamping down" not on Uber and Bolt? Why is it the car owner?

In other countries that Uber was booted out, it was actually Uber that the government tackled, not the driver. Uber accreditates the driver, verifies him. Uber should be in charge of the license, not the driver.

My opinion

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 8:10pm On Feb 09, 2020
sexylassie:

I think you should direct your questions to those uber drivers whose cars have been impounded.

So if I'm on my way to work in the morning and I have a passenger in my car, you will arrest me that I'm doing Uber without licence? Haha. How do you verify that? May God help you and your cohorts not to run into me. I blame the cowards that are afraid of nothing, to the point of running from LASTMA? Lol. Insane.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by sexylassie(f): 8:10pm On Feb 09, 2020
pope191:

Silly ass dumbo, what is wrong with being a commercial driver? Who cares? Guess its bad, yet! Your colleagues get off work and can't feed on the meagre salary to hop behind danfo wheels, putting different shades of identification to break traffic rules... Like I told you, I don't find pleasure in material stuffs, I just live and try to do that which is right. You came in here as one of us, I fish you out, if you have problem with that, then your problem will b forever. Won't stoop low over the internet justifying who has more money or living a better life than the other, that's all spam. If you call me Uber slave? Uber must have been the one feeding me since inception, I must have made my first million using Uber #Odeson! Like we don't see u guys on the road, give me your name again, I need to check forbes.

you are suffering from a mental disorder called schizophrenia, your symptom is all written in your write up

this is what i hate, dump commercial drivers like you who cant adapt to the environment

anyway your job is a repetitive job doesnt need some one of a higher iq to be qualified for

you drive, turn right and left, say yes ma and yes sir, get angry for bad services and then go home.

you are not concerned about material stuff but go on bragging about the imaginary 1 million naira you made, what a life of confusion. your fragile ego is at the highest level.

Are you even a uber driver, you cant be angueing all day online full time and riding uber at the same time, it is impossible

someone of your type and caliber and mentality cant make 100k even if put in a profitable business.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 8:24pm On Feb 09, 2020
Babadee1900:
Lol..Where on the mainland are you? They are currently in church now, wait a little bit more.

Anytime I take a trip to the mainland (Surulere/Yaba), I always blow back empty to the island. If it’s around Ikeja/Isheri, I’m going straight to Ogudu or Oworo to carry Falomo/law School passengers. Time no they
lol. I was at Gbagada. Waited for more than 45minutes. Ran back empty to the Island. Mainland is a waste in this business: Bad roads, touts, security risk, etc, worse part is that it contributes less than 5% of income

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 8:28pm On Feb 09, 2020
ndubuis:
lol. I was at Gbagada. Waited for more than 45minutes. Ran back empty to the Island. Mainland is a waste in this business: Bad roads, touts, security risk, etc, worse part is that it contributes less than 5% of income

Gbagada is a good place oh. It depends on where you are.

If its around that Ifako Gbagada, just go to that Harvesters Church side. I've forgotten the name of that estate. Starts with "A" sha.

Or try Medina estate.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 8:31pm On Feb 09, 2020
sexylassie:

you are suffering from a mental disorder called schizophrenia, your symptom is all written in your write up

this is what i hate, dump commercial drivers like you who cant adapt to the environment

anyway your job is a repetitive job doesnt need some one of a higher iq to be qualified for

you drive, turn right and left, say yes ma and yes sir, get angry for bad services and then go home.

you are not concerned about material stuff but go on bragging about the imaginary 1 million naira you made, what a life of confusion. your fragile ego is at the highest level.

Are you even a uber driver, you cant be angueing all day online full time and riding uber at the same time, it is impossible

someone of your type and caliber and mentality cant make 100k even if put in a profitable business.

I have followed this argument keenly, even though you made few points but calling my brother that sort of name is disgusting .
Some high profile UBA Officials were disengaged some weeks ago. Well read, vast and well travelled amongst them also fell victim, he lives on my street at Ikosi ketu but because he wouldn't just sit and brood his life away, he's driving his Toyota Camry 2007 on Uber till fate smiles on him again.
People like Pope have been on this thread for quite some time, updating and reaching out to people who's been struggling with the hustle, so you watch what you say to him.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by adeniyiHansome(m): 8:35pm On Feb 09, 2020
Please help a friend. Na me help this guy the LG phone he started Uber with just a month ago, he took only 45 trips in total. This guy is clean, no rubbish cheat app, no issue but Uber deactivated his account. No specific issue was given for the deactivation. He went to their office, they told him there nothing they can do, with no explanation.

no room for appeal. i dont understand. please help advise what can he do. Man must hussle. Has VIO taken over Uber's Deactivation console? abi which kind wahala be this. Please advise please help

@pope191,@Dru23, @ Carshopper
@peeps4u @okorotalkative

izzou:

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 8:38pm On Feb 09, 2020
izzou:

If its around that Ifako Gbagada, just go to that Harvesters Church side. I've forgotten the name of that estate. Starts with "A" sha.

Or try Medina estate.
I was off church street, I think. Waited bro. Time was of the essence. I hadn't even descended from third mainland bridge, going back to the Island when a request came in to Lekki. Been moving round the island since then until I got tired and went home. I just don't understand how it works on the mainland. I didn't even set destination at Gbagada, still, no request came.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 8:49pm On Feb 09, 2020
sexylassie:

Young lady it seems to me you are supporting lawlessness .... Am sure uber has paid the necessary tax to Lagos government for them to operate...

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by shollywendy1(m): 9:02pm On Feb 09, 2020
izzou:

Or try Medina estate.
Atunrase estate

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by topsydee007: 9:10pm On Feb 09, 2020
izzou:

Sorry ma/sir

But why is the "clamping down" not on Uber and Bolt? Why is it the car owner?

In other countries that Uber was booted out, it was actually Uber that the government tackled, not the driver. Uber accreditates the driver, verifies him. Uber should be in charge of the license, not the driver.

My opinion

If there will be any clampdown .. that's the right way to go about it but we all know Nigeria is a useless country ... Nigeria only know how to frustrate the hardworking people. Instead of govt to tackle it out with Uber as an organization in court they would rather frustrate the drivers

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 9:13pm On Feb 09, 2020
sexylassie:

All these your post about Uber.. You are not making sense at all .. You are equally as blind as the government. The Lagos government should have iron all these things before giving uber license to operate.. All I see here is nothing but extortion by few at the top.. If the government feels that Uber has broken the law or not complying than Lagos government should revoke their license instead of harassing people left and right.... So Vio will now be stopping any car that has a smart phone or Corolla or any cars that looks like uber ...instead of them sort out there issue with uber directly.. You have now become a reflection of the total disorganization of the state that governs you..

You now become part of the Banana Republic of Lagos State.. Instead of you to be objective by stating that the government should revoke uber license or should not have given uber license if certain requirements are not meant .. So what Vio are doing now is it effective at all?

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by skillip(m): 9:20pm On Feb 09, 2020
Some people just like to jump and talk anyhow. I do listen to Tax matters every Saturday from 2.00pm or so on 97.3 Classic Fm, with Sholz on Saturday(SoS) and I remember the man(forgotten is name now) the day he said "they are in talks with the e-hailing companies already" , immediately one or 2 uber guys started asking questions. I beldive that's why Uber can quickly respond while Uche keeps telling me about bonuses and "let's move...." crap.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 9:22pm On Feb 09, 2020
adeniyiHansome:
Please help a friend. Na me help this guy the LG phone he started Uber with just a month ago, he took only 45 trips in total. This guy is clean, no rubbish cheat app, no issue but Uber deactivated his account. No specific issue was given for the deactivation. He went to their office, they told him there nothing they can do, with no explanation.

no room for appeal. i dont understand. please help advise what can he do. Man must hussle. Has VIO taken over Uber's Deactivation console? abi which kind wahala be this. Please advise please help

@pope191,@Dru23, @ Carshopper
@peeps4u @okorotalkative

Boss he still need to go back to dia office, maybe he will meet the right person that will listen to him and explain things to him in details
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 9:24pm On Feb 09, 2020
sexylassie:

1-Vio can arrest Uber drivers if they dont have the necessary permit like hackney permit, they are empowered by the law because it is the duty of VIO to check commercial drivers like uber driver and others for Hackney/stage carriage permit
2-LASTMA can check if you have expired driving license and impound your car ( Driving without Valid Vehicle License LCG-13 2 5, 000 Impound Vehicle)
3-Police can also check your drivers license and arrest you if you dont have any, they can also arrest you for breaking traffic laws and over speeding.

know your laws.

Says a paid agent.

Not until d ehailing apps came. Your principals never thought transportation could be this organised and less chaotic.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2371) (2372) (2373) (2374) (2375) (2376) (2377) ... (5719) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.