Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,026 members, 7,818,029 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:32 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (242) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4756133 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) ... (5692) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by entparrot(f): 2:46pm On Oct 14, 2017
abitafah:
God bless you bro. We've not even seen anyone driving a corolla on UBER to comment on this. My friend that drives a corolla registered it on UBER after he lost his job, after changing the the shock absorber withing d space of 8 months, he sold it off to buy a Honda civic. If u are going to defend a car, use UBER experience as a yardstick, not bank or private usage experience.

I like 407 shape and interior, they are really beautiful, but in Nigeria is less than 1% of cars in Nigeria, the spare parts you can hardly find in Lagos market.

And when you try to resell nobody is willing to buy.

But Toyota even if the car cannot start or it break into 2. Somebody will be interested.

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by lexylexy(m): 2:53pm On Oct 14, 2017
entparrot:

Come let me employ you.

can you pay me 100k per week? if yes then hit me up on my signature, if no then pls stay off my mentions . grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Romeo3(m): 2:59pm On Oct 14, 2017
entparrot:

I like 407 shape and interior, they are really beautiful, but in Nigeria is less than 1% of cars in Nigeria, the spare parts you can hardly find in Lagos market.

you are an ignorant fool.

go to ladipo and ask of red gate. and see what parts are sold there....

non sense.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Stealth100: 3:04pm On Oct 14, 2017
entparrot:

Continue fooling yourself, you earn over 1m a month driving 407, so ur earning is now 250k a week.

You have 5 cars 407 in Uber, is like the little change u r getting driving people around Lagos, has started touching ur brain.

How do you want Toyota driver to compete with u? To be on the road 24hours? There are few 407 mechanic in Lagos, and when ur headlamp or rear lights damage you won't find it in the market.

Finally, we are not buying ur 407, go to kaduna and sell them for 300k, that's what they are paying for 407 in the north.

I know you have beef with ogunvic but don't say trash about driving on uber like its a demeaning job. I make good money from this job and im still in my mid 20s.

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by bily(m): 3:14pm On Oct 14, 2017
abitafah:
God bless you bro. We've not even seen anyone driving a corolla on UBER to comment on this. My friend that drives a corolla registered it on UBER after he lost his job, after changing the the shock absorber withing d space of 8 months, he sold it off to buy a Honda civic. If u are going to defend a car, use UBER experience as a yardstick, not bank or private usage experience.

Don't let Gazzuz hear you mention Honda civic o.. .he said 'it's a very useless car' grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by olaboy1: 3:59pm On Oct 14, 2017
Hyundai has no second hand value, so don't even compare that with Toyota.
We had Toyota coaster staff buses and Hyundai staff buses, guess what they were not used on Uber but many times the Toyota staff bus riders had to stop on 3rd mainland bridge and other official cars to give stranded Hyundai riders a lift to oworonshoki, the Hyundais were total craps.

A company here just changed its whole fleet to Toyota brands abandoning all those categories of cars that fall under Renault or Opel level.

Toyota will continue to run even when the radiator water is dry, its highly tolerant to any kind of engine or transmission oil or lead/unleaded fuel, we can't say the same for Peugeot.

Your Peugeot may look aesthetic outside but nothing special in the interior, so go back to your fraudulent 5 star ratings and do the needful.

A company that couldn't even properly engineer a common door handle is not fit to be in business.

You should still be wary of the 407 on UBER because it has only been tested by one individual for less than a year, real work starts in your second year on Uber, maybe by then you would start thinking of buying another Peugeot whilst the Toyota is still going strong.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Romeo3(m): 4:12pm On Oct 14, 2017
olaboy1:
We had Toyota coaster staff buses and Hyundai staff buses, guess what they were not used on Uber but many times the Toyota staff bus riders had to stop on 3rd mainland bridge and other official cars to give stranded Hyundai riders a lift to oworonshoki, the Hyundais were total craps.

A company here just changed its whole fleet to Toyota brands abandoning all those categories of cars that fall under Renault or Opel level.

Toyota will continue to run even when the radiator water is dry, its highly tolerant to any kind of engine or transmission oil or lead/unleaded fuel, we can't say the same for Peugeot.

Your Peugeot may look aesthetic outside but nothing special in the interior, so go back to your fraudulent 5 star ratings and do the needful.

A company that couldn't even properly engineer a common door handle is not fit to be in business.

You should still be wary of the 407 on UBER because it has only been tested by one individual for less than a year, real work starts in your second year on Uber, maybe by then you would start thinking of buying another Peugeot whilst the Toyota is still going strong.
name one corolla that has made more money than my elantra in the past 4 months or you go and sleep.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by blackylola(m): 4:25pm On Oct 14, 2017
Testing my Uber app after a long time

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Ifeanyimark(m): 4:43pm On Oct 14, 2017
olaboy1:

Oga, u keep talking of buses, company cars and other shytes, the argument here is which car is better for uber? Base your argument on uber and taxify and not company buses or cars.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Stormyweather(m): 4:51pm On Oct 14, 2017
spartacus11:

I know he his sayin d truth and not exaggerating, with his earnings he has been posting including Romeo dis guys are making real money

I'm only pained I'm not a pro in driving i for jump enter dis uber/taxify ship
bro if you have the means, drive. You don't have to be a pro. If you sit back when do you become a pro? Hit the road and become a pro in no time.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by alstarmayo(m): 4:55pm On Oct 14, 2017
But making money is really not about the car, whether you drive a corolla, Elantra, 407, civic, accord, Kia Rio or cerato, whatever clean fuel efficient car you drive, you'll still make your 100k+ weekly. It's not so much about the car, but the number of hours you put in and how smart you're

Romeo3:
name one corolla that has made more money than my elantra in the past 4 months or you go and sleep.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by olaboy1: 5:02pm On Oct 14, 2017
Ifeanyimark:

Oga, u keep talking of buses, company cars and other shytes, the argument here is which car is better for uber? Base your argument on uber and taxify and not company buses or cars.

Read what the users are saying on Peugeot and they are not even using it for Uber. Hope you are satisfied now

https://www.nairaland.com/3336628/peugeot-407-transmission-fault#49257644

https://www.nairaland.com/3240704/how-good-used-peugeot-407

https://www.nairaland.com/ikenna351/posts/1

Uber or no Uber, the argument still rest on car makes and in this case Toyota vs Peugeot
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by lexylexy(m): 5:19pm On Oct 14, 2017
olaboy1:

Read what the users are saying on Peugeot and they are not even using it for Uber. Hope you are satisfied now

https://www.nairaland.com/3336628/peugeot-407-transmission-fault#49257644

https://www.nairaland.com/3240704/how-good-used-peugeot-407

https://www.nairaland.com/ikenna351/posts/1

Uber or no Uber, the argument still rest on car makes and in this case Toyota vs Peugeot

pls let's kill dis argument already. Whether you prefer corolla or 407 or golf 3 is totally your choice. Just do what works for you, period!

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by FKBZ: 5:19pm On Oct 14, 2017
ogunvic41:

forward ur CV to me
ogunvic@gmail.com.
I hope we can work together boss lol
Terms and conditions apply grin

Hi pls what your take on 307 2006 for uber... Someone wants to sell to me

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by yemi247: 5:33pm On Oct 14, 2017
@Ogunvic and @Romeo3 contributions on Uber/Taxify are very insightful and informative. You guys are really daring the odds to create a niche for yourselves in the business.

Let's leave all the bickering in order not to derail this thread. Some of us are learning so much from the info and earnings you shared on this forum.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Alonzo360(m): 5:41pm On Oct 14, 2017
yemi247:
@Ogunvic and @Romeo3 contributions on Uber/Taxify are very insightful and informative. You guys are really daring the odds to create a niche for yourselves in the business.

Let's leave all the bickering in order not to derail this thread. Some of us are learning so much from the info and earnings you shared on this forum.
Seconded..

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by abitafah(m): 5:49pm On Oct 14, 2017
Alonzo360:
Seconded..
seconded

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by darmilolah(m): 5:58pm On Oct 14, 2017
Carshopper:

Please can I have your number ...how much is the 407 and specs ... need to give it a test run on my fleet

Oshey!
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Ikenna351(m): 6:18pm On Oct 14, 2017
Stumbled upon this thread because i was mentioned and here i am. I have few things to say, since i am here.

Ogunvic41 sounds like my client, even though i don't know his Nairaland username, but from what i have read so far in this thread, he sounds like my client whom i know is Abuja to pick up about 3-4 Peugeot 407 for the past 3 days from Lagos. So, if he is the one, I would say the below:

Yes, he owns more than one Peugeot and running UBER with them in Lagos. He comes to Abuja every once in awhile to buy Peugeot 407 for his colleagues or for himself in UBER business. I know this because i am the one that inspect most of the Peugeot 407 he indicated interest in and would ask me to inspect before coming to Abuja from Lagos for purchase, possibly. He pays for the services and i render them for him. So yes, he owes more than one Peugeot 407 and Peugeot 406 he is using in Lagos. One of the guys he came down to Abuja few days ago to pick Peugeot 407s called me to confirm if i knew him and his intention and i told him yes. I inspect, evaluate and advice him on Nigerian used Peugeot 407 he can go for or walk away from he indicated interest in. Even from the pictures they posted, one of the 3 Peugeot 407 pictures they attached they purchased was one of the ones i recommended to him was in good state when i inspected him.

Well, as for those with opinion that Peugeot 407 reliability and durability are ferry tales, i would suggest to you Nigeria is made up of number of regions, regions, states, towns, etc. Lagos is just a state in Nigeria. Using what goes on in Lagos as a reflection of what goes on in other states or regions of the country is a limited way of thinking or living. Stop living in a box and online. There is so much going on outside your belief system, your phone and your environment. Majority of Peugeot vehicles in northern Nigeria are privately purchased and owned, not government vehicles or previous official government vehicles. I am not talking about just used Peugeot vehicles, but brand new as well.

The question is, is my client really making big money from UBER with his Peugeot cars? yes. Are his Peugeots serving him well in the business? Yes, because i know their history/update till date.

I am not here to manipulate you to use Peugeot cars for UBER, but to point out that words don't teach, only life experience does. In otherwords, if you have never experienced any of these Peugeot cars in discussion on this thread, then you have some belief systems to deal with.

Ikenna351.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by darmilolah(m): 6:21pm On Oct 14, 2017
mrsage:
Ladies and gentlemen. Calm down!

@romeo and Ogunvic good job. Keep it up. You guys teach and mentor people via this platform and it's commendable.

407 is good and ideal for business. Wise Choice. You will enjoy it.

I suggest you argue less with faceless people online. Share information freely but leave people make dem talk.

I'm also in this business but I hardly comment here since I discovered we now have too many "Online experts".

We should always remember that in business we all cannot adopt the same strategy and approach.
"Every mallam with his own kettle"

But you don leave us na grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by lexylexy(m): 6:31pm On Oct 14, 2017
Ikenna351:
Stumbled upon this thread because i was mentioned and here i am. I have few things to say, since i am here.

Ogunvic41 sounds like my client, even though i don't know his Nairaland username, but from what i have read so far in this thread, he sounds like my client whom i know is Abuja to pick up about 3-4 Peugeot 407 for the past 3 days from Lagos. So, of he is the one, I would say the below:

Yes, he owns more than one Peugeot and running UBER with them in Lagos. He comes to Abuja every once in awhile to buy Peugeot 407 for his colleagues in UBER business. I know this because i am the one that inspect most of the Peugeot 407 he buy from Abuja, even before he comes. He pays for the services and i render them for him. So yes, he owes more than one Peugeot 407 and Peugeot 406 he is using in Lagos. One of the guys he came down to Abuja few days ago to pick Peugeot 407s called me to confirm if i knew him and his intention and i told him yes. I inspect, evaluate and advice him on Nigerian used Peugeot 407 he can go for or walk away from he indicated interest in. Even from the pictures they posted, one of the 3 Peugeot 407 pictures they attached they purchased was one of the ones i recommended to him was in good state when i inspected him.

Well, as for those with opinion that Peugeot 407 reliability and durability are ferry tales, i would suggest to you Nigeria is made up of number of regions, regions, states, towns, etc. Lagos is just a state in Nigeria. Using what goes on in Lagos as a reflection of what goes on in other states or regions of the country is a limited way of thinking or living. Stop living in a box and online. There is so much going on outside your belief system, your phone and your environment. Majority of Peugeot vehicles in northern Nigeria are privately purchased and owned, not government vehicles or previous official government vehicles. I am not talking about just used Peugeot vehicles, but brand new as well.

The question is, is my client really making big money from UBER with his Peugeot cars? yes. Are his Peugeots serving him well in the business? Yes, because i know their history/update till date.

I am not here to manipulate you to use Peugeot cars for UBER, but to point out that words don't teach, only life experience does. In otherwords, if you have never experienced any of these Peugeot cars in discussion on this thread, then you have some belief systems to deal with.

Ikenna351.

gbam! nothing more to add.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by leksyde0020: 6:34pm On Oct 14, 2017
Seconded grin cheesy but the fact that some people are trying to diminish there choice is bad ... I think they should hit the road and show us more proof satisfying than that of @Ogunvic and @Romeo3 instead of blind argument on here .. I still they watch
yemi247:

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by FKBZ: 6:54pm On Oct 14, 2017
Ikenna351:

Ogunvic41 sounds like my client, even though i don't know his Nairaland username, but from what i have read so far in this thread, he sounds like my client whom i know is Abuja to pick up about 3-4 Peugeot 407 for the past 3 days from Lagos. So, if he is the one, I would say the below:

Yes, he owns more than one Peugeot and running UBER with them in Lagos. He comes to Abuja every once in awhile to buy Peugeot 407 for his colleagues or for himself in UBER business. I know this because i am the one that inspect most of the Peugeot 407 he indicated interest in and would ask me to inspect before coming to Abuja from Lagos for purchase, possibly. He pays for the services and i render them for him. So yes, he owes more than one Peugeot 407 and Peugeot 406 he is using in Lagos. One of the guys he came down to Abuja few days ago to pick Peugeot 407s called me to confirm if i knew him and his intention and i told him yes. I inspect, evaluate and advice him on Nigerian used Peugeot 407 he can go for or walk away from he indicated interest in. Even from the pictures they posted, one of the 3 Peugeot 407 pictures they attached they purchased was one of the ones i recommended to him was in good state when i inspected him.

Ikenna351.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ogunvic41(m): 7:13pm On Oct 14, 2017
FKBZ:

Buy a car riders will like, to be candid I won't recommend for uber...

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mrsage(m): 7:21pm On Oct 14, 2017
This place don turn to Fuji House of Commotion.

Me I'm not so educated and I'm not a lawyer so can't take part in any argument.

@ Romeo and Ogunvic I repeat. Leave them let them talk.

Why argue with someone whose username suggests she has an affiliation with a "Parrot"

Last time I checked, Parrots and online experts don't succeed in Transport business.

Let's move on guys.

For a minute, Pause and check the topic of this thread. If we stick to the topic , there will be no need to argue.

Every Mallam with his Kettle

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by leksonltd: 7:24pm On Oct 14, 2017
... note that it is Peugeot boxer that brings in most tomatoes and other perishables from far north including Maiduguri, sokoto...

olaboy1:

Wait a minute, I thought ogunvic just introduced you to Peugeot, so why then are you speaking as an authority. You keep saying I drive on Uber as if it's anything different from company's massive fleet of cars plying same roads you ply. Uber or no Uber in today's world we work with data not some sit duck chest beating experience.

I don't want to know about your experience, any day any time I will always work with comparative data, and the data reaching me now shows a massive difference between Peugeot and Toyota when you source OEM parts for both in a year.

So I stand by my words Toyota is better in transport business compared to Peugeot. I don't even need to go far with my argument, I spent major part of my life in Naija and I want you to go to Ojota or ojodu berger motor parks and tell me what buses ply Lagos Abuja route (Toyota hiace or Peugeot boxer?)

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kingreign(m): 7:29pm On Oct 14, 2017
FKBZ:

Don't try it. Electrical issues may be underlying, engine issues may be underlying, it could be a converted car. Get other better cars.

Toyota Yaris/Corolla, Honda civic/city, Kia Rio/Hyundai accent etc are abound.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kingreign(m): 7:30pm On Oct 14, 2017
leksonltd:
... note that it is Peugeot boxer that brings in most tomatoes and other perishables from far north including Maiduguri, sokoto...

Na Toyota hiace aka hummer bomber, sienna, Previa, picnic dey do transport pass
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Romeo3(m): 7:44pm On Oct 14, 2017
fueling up...

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chillex8(m): 7:59pm On Oct 14, 2017
Una never reach Lagos grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by iamspeedracer(m): 8:00pm On Oct 14, 2017
Romeo3:
you are an ignorant fool.

go to ladipo and ask of red gate. and see what parts are sold there....

non sense.

Why are you so quick to insult people?
Small thing you start throwing curse words around. You did the same with me last night, because someone has a different POV on a topic shouldn't be the reason you start abusing them. Smh. Anyway sha home training has levels

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Romeo3(m): 8:08pm On Oct 14, 2017
chillex8:
Una never reach Lagos grin
servicing 4 cars took the whole day. leaving 6 am tomorrow

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) ... (5692) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.