Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,073 members, 7,818,204 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:16 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (2462) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4757619 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2459) (2460) (2461) (2462) (2463) (2464) (2465) ... (5692) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 4:18pm On Mar 08, 2020
calabardick:

Feliciter, this your nail fit carry codvid-99 virus, the upgrade of corona

Noooooooooooooo o. He uses it to hunt at night..he is a cheetah.. Cheetahs have long nails, think about it

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 4:37pm On Mar 08, 2020
xana101:
Bolt are crazy!!!
Guys be aware that if u take a rider to more than one destination bolt will recalculate the price and tell u gps error. What I do now is after one stop it’s offline straight. Only on bolt not on Uber.

That one no suppose shock u boss, bolt r mad and it take madder d break even ard them... I pick a 1.4 surge yesterday, happy me licking my lips, only to end trip and saw regular, at some point I'll always b against surge once I drive down to surge area. But las las I apply my own level of craftiness, can't get home and b feeling low. Thinking of uber once deh block me.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by shady2royce(m): 4:37pm On Mar 08, 2020
Vision2045:

Ur num let's chat on whatsapp

07036692161. My Whatsapp number boss
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 4:38pm On Mar 08, 2020
radautoworks:

I no dey hide my age. I'm proud of it. I've earned every one of the 40 years and packed about 60 years of knowledge in. Shiii... I was in college till I was 35 and am still enrolled in the school of hard knocks. I have BA in hustle from USA and working on Masters in Naija grin
Hmm! Which memes go fit u now ooo... Awon memes gang help out grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 4:43pm On Mar 08, 2020
[quote author=radautoworks post=87258423]

Try spraying two puffs in carpet under the seat and see how long it lasts. Maybe you're going nose blind to it because you're in your car so much. Ask your passengers how the car smells stylishly.[/quote]

No I can't come and kill myself abeg, I dont talk to riders unless they first initiate a convo. I just mind my business any rider that's not confortable with my ride should talk to uber or bolt.

I'll try spraying like you just instructed.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by OmoIREFIN: 4:55pm On Mar 08, 2020
I have a Honda Accord 2003 and I need a Uber driver who resides in Lagos.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 5:07pm On Mar 08, 2020
xana101:
Bolt are crazy!!!
Guys be aware that if u take a rider to more than one destination bolt will recalculate the price and tell u gps error. What I do now is after one stop it’s offline straight. Only on bolt not on Uber.

I handle this personally myself...using current price before the stop and that I will collect and adjust manually (if u understand).. cos as soon as swipe end trip...the price of current of N6500 can turn 2100 and u see GPS error..

Example ..I carried a passenger from agege to vi and waited for 1hr to take them back..as I was approaching agege price was at 11600 and when I got to the drop point current price was still 11600 and that what I showed the customer and he paid 12,000 and as soon as I collected the cash..I swiped end trip and useless bolt app calculated 3600 as cost using GPS error...I just clicked review price and quoted 11600 as the amount client paid and ended trip and the price was reviewed and confirmed..imagine I didn't do that and I just swiped end trip to get my price ...3600..some heartless people will just take the price and give you that amount ..even when they know something must be wrong ..

So to avoid all that..I deal with current price when I take u on long distance trip.

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Godstime234: 5:32pm On Mar 08, 2020
OmoIREFIN:

hp or rental?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Godstime234: 5:35pm On Mar 08, 2020
Good afternoon everyone, please I need a Toyota corrola, Camry 2005, Honda or any other car I can use for uber and taxify. have been on d platform for some times now. please help me. I have 100k security deposit. call..07086382357.. 08098577528, WhatsApp...thank you.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by skillip(m): 5:41pm On Mar 08, 2020
abeg make una help me call this small boy to pay me my 1k since yesterday 07053978063. Trip from Magodo Isheri to Marwa Garden. abeg make una beg am, I'm tired of calling otherwise I go vex for this smallie o.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by AmoloPatrick(m): 5:49pm On Mar 08, 2020
Hello house i need you people advise on this offer a toks 2005 Toyota Corolla , owner is asking for 3m to be paid in 1year and 6months
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 6:14pm On Mar 08, 2020
Y1nka:

I thought about it and even developed a plan. The IT guy I went to meet think it’s a stressful and stupid idea though. Working on it till I can hire someone to do it instead of partnership
That's a good omen
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Tgiirl(m): 6:19pm On Mar 08, 2020
chichiana:
Good afternoon able men in the house...

Pls am in dire need of corolla for hp or rentals..
I live in surulere.

Call 08057302105.. he has a Corolla to give out on rentals for driver living in surulere
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 6:20pm On Mar 08, 2020
ofime123:
Please brothers in the house I need your help. My driver side wheel is making serious noice as if the stabilizer linkage and the tire rod socket is demage. But when my mechanic check it out he confirm everything is firm and okay that the noice is coming from inside the stirring rack. Note if I enter porthole the noice is worse but on smooth road I can still hear the noice a little
The wheel is just sounding like something has losen from the wheel and my stirring is not hard is still very free.

Now before this sound. About two weeks ago if am making a reverse and I need to turn my stirring there is this sharp sqikking noice I use to here very loud. But that has stop which brought About this present problem of severe sound on the driver's wheel like something is not tighting properly or broken from the wheel. And kazeen said it's the rack that is damage. Pls anyone has any idea about this please?
Open your bonnet and check where the shock absorber is fixed to the car (the top of the absorber may be broken.. from a similar experience). Check the two to know if to know if the right side where noise is coming from is still positioned in the centre like the left side or it has bended and touching the body. That thing almost made me go crazy, I changed almost everything and noise persisted lol until I changed the top of the absorber
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ofime123(m): 6:21pm On Mar 08, 2020
Bros I just check the back engine seat now the rubber bushing have scattered. I think I should change it first and observe for now before I spend money on steering rack thanks for your observation
izzou:

Wild guess. I'm always 2%
correct

Check your engine seating tongue
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Tgiirl(m): 6:22pm On Mar 08, 2020
OmoIREFIN:

Civic is a better option

My opinion
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Tgiirl(m): 6:24pm On Mar 08, 2020
Godstime234:
Good afternoon everyone, please I need a Toyota corrola, Camry 2005, Honda or any other car I can use for uber and taxify. have been on d platform for some times now. please help me. I have 100k security deposit. call..07086382357.. 08098577528, WhatsApp...thank you.

Guy, watch out for problematic vehicle before you enter one chance.... I no work for some days stories no dey sell o

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ofime123(m): 6:28pm On Mar 08, 2020
Thanks I check right away
deedee44:

Open your bonnet and check where the shock absorber is fixed to the car (the top of the absorber may be broken.. from a similar experience). Check the two to know if to know if the right side where noise is coming from is still positioned in the centre like the left side or it has bended and touching the body. That thing almost made me go crazy, I changed almost everything and noise persisted lol until I changed the top of the absorber

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by sexylassie(f): 6:30pm On Mar 08, 2020
Y1nka:

I thought about it and even developed a plan. The IT guy I went to meet think it’s a stressful and stupid idea though. Working on it till I can hire someone to do it instead of partnership

Nice idea, programmers do not believe in projects or partnership, they only believe in cash, find for a designer, front and back end programmer. Then you can decide on the stack you wanna use to build the app

Have a project management software in place where you can track the processes and progress,

What is the market size of this idea?

How do you plan to make money?

Where will you get the towing vehicles from, towing vehicles aren't much in Lagos or even in Nigeria, almost all these vehicles are owned by govt.

To be sincere, this is a capital intensive business, you will have to have you own towing vehicles to make this a success.

Your competition is govt

What is your business model, your best bet will be to copy the business model of gokada

Own your own private fleet of towing vehicles, employ drivers, create your app, spend money on marketing.

Get your govt licences

Note, if you want funding, , you have the business on ground and at least revenue to show that your business model works or else no one will fund you.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by skillip(m): 6:42pm On Mar 08, 2020
skillip:
abeg make una help me call this small boy to pay me my 1k since yesterday 07053978063. Trip from Magodo Isheri to Marwa Garden. abeg make una beg am, I'm tired of calling otherwise I go vex for this smallie o.
please guys help me call this guy o! I need my money abeg. 07053978063
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dapotemi: 6:42pm On Mar 08, 2020
radautoworks:

Tongue in cheek

He's a joker!!!

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 6:48pm On Mar 08, 2020
I met some drivers 3 days ago where I parked to have a little rest. As we were gisting about the challenges we face on this job, one of them said he drove a girl from ikeja gra to lekki and fare was 5200. The girl's boyfriend (who made the request I think) did a failed transfer . To cut long story short it's over 3 weeks now and the man just kept posting him. I told him to give me proof, that I know people who can help him get it if they want to.
Below is his most recent conversation with the man as at March 5 when we met, I also called the driver few minutes for updates and he said the man doesn't pick his calls anymore.
Here is the debtor's number if the panel if judges gives a green light 07015896166

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 6:50pm On Mar 08, 2020
sexylassie:

Nice idea, programmers do not believe in projects or partnership, they only believe in cash, find for a designer, front and back end programmer. Then you can decide on the stack you wanna use to build the app

Have a project management softeare in place where you can track the processes and progress,

What is the market size of this idea

How do you plan to make money?

Where will you get the tolling vehicles from, tolling vehicles aren't much in Lagos or even in Nigeria, almost all these vehicles are owned by govt.

To be sincere, this is a capital intensive business, you will have to have you own tolling vehicles to make this a success.

Your competition is govt

What is your business model, your best bet will be to copy the business model of gokada

Own your own private fleet of tolling vehicles, employ drivers, create your app, spend money on marketing.

Get your govt licences

Note, if you want funding, nobody will fund you, if you don't have the business on ground and at least revenue to show that your business model works.
He can as well copy uber model and partner with towing vehicle owners by installing the app on their phones and get commission from each job

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Godfather10: 7:00pm On Mar 08, 2020
sexylassie:

i didnt insult no one but if i was rude, i apologise.

my take is this, lets try to accept our truth then maybe we can improve our lives

the truth is that, most people here live in fantasy instead of facing realities of the work they do, as long as it pays the bill there is no shame being what ever you wanna be but the lies we tell ourselves, sometimes makes us believe in that fantasy.

some thinks because they are graduate that doing uber or taxify, people will start to lick their shoes or give them a grandiose welcome, but it does work that way, as long as you work in the service industry, you will meet different people, some who will be nice and some who will be rude, nobody cares whether you have a Bsc degree or a phd, what they care about is can you move me to my destination, can you render the services you promised

i think this is the reality most people need to know in this business, instead of the grand fantasies in their head.

that is my opinion and that is how people view this line of business.

i have worked as a waitress(a less prestige job) before i went to uni, so i know what i am talking about, do you think people wanted to know if i have attended courses to improve myself, they just wanted me to do my job, if mistakenly i poured a drink on a customer, do you think the customer will forgive me or if i thought i was bigger than the job, do you think, they will take me seriously.

The problem here in this country is people thinking because they are graduates they are bigger than driving uber, that is why they lie and lie online just to cover up for their lost fragile ego offline.

leave them and let them be,
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 7:08pm On Mar 08, 2020
deedee44:
I met some drivers 3 days ago where I parked to have a little rest. As we were gisting about the challenges we face on this job, one of them said he drove a girl from ikeja gra to lekki and fare was 5200. The girl's boyfriend (who made the request I think) did a failed transfer . To cut long story short it's over 3 weeks now and the man just kept posting him. I told him to give me proof, that I know people who can help him get it if they want to.
Below is his most recent conversation with the man as at March 5 when we met, I also called the driver few minutes for updates and he said the man doesn't pick his calls anymore.
Here is the debtor's number if the panel if judges gives a green light 07015896166

I have nothing to say lipsrsealed

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 7:11pm On Mar 08, 2020
izzou:

I have nothing to say lipsrsealed
I will bombard him when I park. Thanks boss

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 7:11pm On Mar 08, 2020
ofime123:
Bros I just check the back engine seat now the rubber bushing have scattered. I think I should change it first and observe for now before I spend money on steering rack thanks for your observation

May the peace of the Lord be with you cool
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 7:20pm On Mar 08, 2020
skillip:
please guys help me call this guy o! I need my money abeg. 07053978063

Did he/she block me in advance? undecided

Number no dey connect. Truecaller say na Zahra be him/shim name

Don't know what to do angry
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by calabardick(m): 7:34pm On Mar 08, 2020
Y1nka:

I love people with creative business mindset; you're a perfect example.
Your business idea is perfect, though it's capital intensive.

One advice for you brother; do away with any staff, contractor or consultant that doesn't support your vision, you'll never get their best, rather they'll do all they can to make sure they kill that vision.

I wish you success.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by drmikeadams(m): 7:41pm On Mar 08, 2020
Matrix414:

Please I need your responses oo
do drivers license first,,,then go download wuber <uber> app,,do their on line test...come here come find motor incase u no get ur own ,then start work

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by calabardick(m): 7:42pm On Mar 08, 2020
mrjaydee:

You are an unfortunate person. If you use this kind of energy in matters concerning you I'm sure your pathetic life would be better than this. This is my last quote on you.

Get a life, suck a dicck!

Peace!

Oops!
That doesn't sound like a job to me, or are you going to donate yours?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by skillip(m): 7:43pm On Mar 08, 2020
izzou:

Did he/she block me in advance? undecided

Number no dey connect. Truecaller say na Zahra be him/shim name

Don't know what to do angry
n.a. one young boy o. gave him the benefit of a doubt, he said his cord was bad that I'll get it within 10mins, now it's almost looking like "forever living product". Edakun, biko, Don Allah keep the calls coming abeg.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2459) (2460) (2461) (2462) (2463) (2464) (2465) ... (5692) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.