Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,749 members, 7,851,565 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 11:02 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (2538) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4853821 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2535) (2536) (2537) (2538) (2539) (2540) (2541) ... (5716) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Blackbishop(m): 9:43am On Mar 29, 2020
dru23:

I am not asking for pity and I don't need it .. From day 1 I don't fake shit and I tell people my mind ...

Now the only reason why I posted the issue is . I was going through nairaland this morning. And I saw the driver's post looking for a car ..I already deleted his number since the incident and move on.. But it will heartless if I dont call him out to the public .. Order than that I could careless .. But for fact that he is looking to damage another person's car , my conscious will not let me rest..

You see that is the difference between people like me and you.. If I see something bad , I will say something, but people like will rather have have someone go through it without telling them ..

Regardless dru23 will be ok.....

Preach to them bro... whatever the case someone will still fall victim.. I just pray it doesn't cause more havoc to someone whose savings is that car
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Blackbishop(m): 9:47am On Mar 29, 2020
Luxurydriverng:

Lol, the work is dull this period, spending longer hours out trying to break even. It just time it will pass.

Been home for 2days now. And truely work stress was telling on me. Its miraculous how rest can transform someone's looks. We are striving to get to when we chill more at home. We'll all get there before the hardwork breaks us down.

I still prefer to roll up my sleeves than do abracadabra to make money

Broda you re doing fine joor.. abeg rest and chop wella

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Blackbishop(m): 9:55am On Mar 29, 2020
Postingnonsense:

Unbalanced reporting.

How long did he work for you
How much did he remit?
How many accidents did he have?
Was the vehicle road worthy or was he waiting for used parts to be shipped by you from USA?
We need to hear from the driver too.

Accident could have been cause by brake failure.

You are lucky it's not my face up there, I would sue you for every Honda/Hyundai you own.

I will agree to disagree here.

First Dru does not buy inferior parts for his cars, and if you must know this Dru of a person beats all of you here imagination

Second Dru spends alot on the mint conditions of his cars so for a driver to wreck his car is alot dictionary definition of wickedness..

Cuz once you as a driver start to complain he will ask you to bring the car to his mechanic for proper diagnosis..
And he will pay to fix

So my oga if a driver mess up believe me no two way to the story, the driver is just a pronunciation of heartlessness...

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 9:56am On Mar 29, 2020
dru23:

My brother insurance companies in Nigeria is shitty, this is coming from a guy that leaves abroad.. The process it takes for them to answer your claim , you just give up ,and meanwhile you have to use your own money to sort it out till you get paid....

Bottom line... insurance company in Nigeria is a scam on its own. I dont depend on it . The process is so time consuming that you will be forced to give up ...
I just wonder why people believe insurance companies in Nigeria are genuine. I decided to say I know nothing since I noticed most people here are highly ignorant.

That you carry out a comprehensive insurance on some cheap Corolla 03 car and you go on believing insurance will come to your rescue each time you have a problem or car theft. No wonder most of them drive recklessly.

Get involve in an accident then see what your insurance company have to say.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by searchng4love: 10:03am On Mar 29, 2020
Felicity0001:

When will you stop displaying your stupidity and arrogance? Oh I c, you're the stupid guy i kicked outtt... No wonder e dey pain u like dis.

Mention me again and c how coro will visits me. Idiot
You definitely have covid19 ....no wonder you're unnecessarily complicated and aggressive

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by searchng4love: 10:06am On Mar 29, 2020
Seun360:

Would love to meet you so you can repeat this right in my presence.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 10:07am On Mar 29, 2020
shollywendy1:

You have right to your opinion.
Is it my business? The truth is that have never came out to lament about my biz, but you do every year here.
Why not try and learn to safe u from this yearly complains..
Even me usually feels sorry for investors in this stage expecially when capital is involved.

Im sure dru still urges his drivers to go out and drive this period. When the driver faiks to remit, he comes here to say "Nigerians are this and that".

Same dru recently said a driver was owing him 100k, now another had damaged his car and still owes him 60k. Isn't it time he analyzed what is wrong?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 10:07am On Mar 29, 2020
shollywendy1:

We are only talking about insurance policy.
The reckless drivers will surely meet their own warrant in future. What goes around, comes around. Law of karma will surely deal with dem.
How many destructive drivers or people have u met or seen successful in their own business? That is if they managed to own one.
You have one like from me

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 10:10am On Mar 29, 2020
dru23:

Again you miss my point.. Just because you have insurance does not give you authority to be careless with my property......

I will give another example, last year I got a driver via nairaland. The first day on the job he got into an accident. He called me about the accident and I told him to drop the car at the mechanic to fix ...

My mechanic called me and said looking at the damage the driver is at fault. I told the mechanic to fix the car and not release the car to driver.. Few days later driver called me and ask me if the car is ready or not ..

Few days after calling my mechanic tired ,he finally got the picture that he will no longer be wrking for me. The first day on the job he is already gotten to an accident. Does that show sign of seriousness at all

Chai.

This is totally off point.

How does this post negate izzou's post analysing how insurance works and your lack of knowledge about insurance in Nigeria?

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by confusedworld17: 10:13am On Mar 29, 2020
Just a random thought...
Those guys wey dey sell sweet, pectol and chingum for traffic, shey na on those things only them dey survive or something else ?
I dey always see them late nights and even at 2, 3 am with their market around farmcity and Daytona supermarket still hustling.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by shollywendy1(m): 10:13am On Mar 29, 2020
Below are the mail sent to me from leadway recently. And thats how they used to send for bidding after they paid the policy owner his/her claims.
I have worked with them for 3 years before i moved on with my hustle elsewhere.
When vehicles are insured comprehensively. You are covered.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by shollywendy1(m): 10:16am On Mar 29, 2020
Felicity0001:

You have one like from me
Thank you
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Blackbishop(m): 10:18am On Mar 29, 2020
peeps4u:

Chai.

How does this post negate izzou's post analysing how insurance works and your lack of knowledge about insurance in Nigeria?

To straighten up some stuff I worked with some insurance company and still working for them to repair client cars and official cars.

I won't be mentioning names here but the fraud in all this places na die... Can you imagine they brought a car to me to analyse and send the cost of repair to the oga, the oga called me to give report that the car is a total write off or inflate the prices of parts to just claim a new car from the company with the crazy bills. All along I was just trying not to implicate myself because I know from head office prolly they will come and verify.

In that situation they will claim money from head office for a new car and repair the damaged ones to give back to the customer. And do you want me to mention the bill I sent and will receive another total figure in my account only to be called to return the extra on it to the account of the oga...

So for proper understanding of this people you just apply wisdom in dealings with Insurance company

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 10:21am On Mar 29, 2020
Seun360:

Would love to meet you so you can repeat this right in my presence.
Parley dont even border, nobody is interested in meeting a foolish person like him. Stay safe bro.

I've zero tolerance for bad energy
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 10:21am On Mar 29, 2020
peeps4u:

Chai.

Smh.. The idiots are saying if I had insurance I would be ok. My point is not insurance, I could less about the insurance..
My point is that driver was reckless with my car. I spend 100k naira putting the car together, and few days later he caused an accident due to his fault... And the driver is owing me 60k naira from rental .

Meanwhile fools are talking about insurance etc ,no-one even mention that he is owing me money at all . They skip that part , and talk about insurance dis and dat.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by sconp: 10:22am On Mar 29, 2020
dru23:

Either come rain or shine uber or no uber.. Dru23 will be ok .. Am not asking for pity or money. Am sharing my business experience so that we can all learn from each other..
I tell people the truth, when I discovered about honda civic ,I told people about it .. People were encouraged and even thanked me for it..
I want people to do well and exceed , I share my joy and my pain so that people can learn . If I know there is something that will help somebody am not afraid to share....

Most of my business idea ,an average Nigerian will not share it on the forum.. Things to look out for most people will not share this idea.

Everyone is claiming big man up and down .. If you have idea that will help someone share it with people help someone that really needs the help.

And what have you contributed to these forum. What can I learn from you ? Have learn nothing from you at all.

At least for starters you've learnt that insurance companies pay claims.

14 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 10:24am On Mar 29, 2020
sconp:

At least for starters you've learnt that insurance companies pay claims.

Are we talking about claim here fool .. Driver was reckless with my car + owing rental + all in one week after spending 100k naira to fix car .. So dumb ,so because insurance pays claims give driver the right to be reckless.

If the driver really cared he would have paid is two week rental is owing me ,he didn't do that . Than he comes on to nairaland looking for another car

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by shollywendy1(m): 10:25am On Mar 29, 2020
Blackbishop:

To straighten up some stuff I worked with some insurance company and still working for them to repair client cars and official cars.

I won't be mentioning names here but the fraud in all this places na die... Can you imagine they brought a car to me to analyse and send the cost of repair to the oga, the oga called me to give report that the car is a total write off or inflate the prices of parts to just claim a new car from the company with the crazy bills. All along I was just trying not to implicate myself because I know from head office prolly they will come and verify.

In that situation they will claim money from head office for a new car and repair the damaged ones to give back to the customer. And do you want me to mention the bill I sent and will receive another total figure in my account only to be called to return the extra on it to the account of the oga...

So for proper understanding of this people you just apply wisdom in dealings with Insurance company
We are still saying the same thing here.
Was the car fixed or not? Yes you fixed.
Irrespective of the amount inflated by the boss to the head office. But the policy owner "sha" activate his/her clause of the claim, and was fixed
Shikena! Fraud is everywhere

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by sconp: 10:26am On Mar 29, 2020
Blackbishop:

Is it only in insurance this happens?
This fraud goes on in many other industries too.

That isn't even the bone of contention, una too dey like shift post.

Do insurance companies in naija pay claims? From your story above I can infer that they pay.

10 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 10:31am On Mar 29, 2020
peeps4u:

Im sure dru still urges his drivers to go out and drive this period. When the driver faiks to remit, he comes here to say "Nigerians are this and that".

Same dru recently said a driver was owing him 100k, now another had damaged his car and still owes him 60k. Isn't it time he analyzed what is wrong?

Drivers .....
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 10:32am On Mar 29, 2020
peeps4u:

Worry about feeding your family during this lock down. Focus on that ..dru will be fine come rain and shine...

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by shollywendy1(m): 10:36am On Mar 29, 2020
dru23:

Smh.. The idiots are saying if I had insurance I would be ok. My point is not insurance, I could less about the insurance..
My point is that driver was reckless with my car. I spend 100k naira putting the car together, and few days later he caused an accident due to his fault... And the driver is owing me 60k naira from rental .

Meanwhile fools are talking about insurance etc ,no-one even mention that he is owing me money at all . They skip that part , and talk about insurance dis and dat.
Did u read this post or you just decides to ignore it yesterday?
I believe you never paid this guy that posted this any dime, he only went out of his way to search for the guy post elsewhere.
Yet, you labelled him and others that adviced u on insurance "idiots and fools"

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 10:37am On Mar 29, 2020
shollywendy1:

We are still saying the same thing here.
Was the car fixed or not? Yes you fixed.
Irrespective of the amount inflated by the boss to the head office. But the policy owner "sha" activate his/her clause of the claim, and was fixed
Shikena! Fraud is everywhere

You fools are still talking about insurance, u didnt talk about how is owing me 60k rental etc and his reckless got him beat up.. You didnt talk about that, nay insurance you dey talk about smh

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 10:40am On Mar 29, 2020
Blackbishop:

I will agree to disagree here.

First Dru does not buy inferior parts for his cars, and if you must know this Dru of a person beats all of you here imagination

Second Dru spends alot on the mint conditions of his cars so for a driver to wreck his car is alot dictionary definition of wickedness..

Cuz once you as a driver start to complain he will ask you to bring the car to his mechanic for proper diagnosis..
And he will pay to fix

So my oga if a driver mess up believe me no two way to the story, the driver is just a pronunciation of heartlessness...
The truth is most drivers are outrightly wicked and lack conscience.

In my first week of renting from my madam I was behind a danfo loading passenger at iyana ipaja under the bridge, no matter how hard I horned this man wouldn't give me space to go... Very heartless drivers. Finally, this danfo driver bashed me while trying to move from the slope he was damaging the passenger side of my fender. na "officer" abeg end am that night.

The next day I took the car to my Madam's painter for repairs, paid and got it fixed before even reporting to her what happened.

You are involve in an accident as a driver you simply take care of it, if the damage is too much for you to bare the cost allow talk to the owner of the car after accident is nobody's fault unless you're "drunk" then it becomes your fault.

I strongly believe if this Richard in question was clean he wouldnt have been called out like dru23 is doing right now. How many of his drivers has he called out??

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 10:41am On Mar 29, 2020
shollywendy1:

Did u read this post or you just decides to ignore it yesterday?
I believe you never paid this guy that posted this any dime, he only went out of his way to search for the guy post elsewhere.
Yet, you labelled him and others that adviced u on insurance "idiots and fools"

My guy drop the topic I beg. Coronavirus dey out now and shit is on lock dwn .. Make we move on , I hear you now about insurance, 2morrow at 6am I will add insurance to my car .. I will call the Richard driver to come back to carry the car
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Blackbishop(m): 10:44am On Mar 29, 2020
Felicity0001:

The truth is most drivers are outrightly wicked and lack conscience.

In my first week of renting from my madam I was behind a danfo loading passenger at iyana ipaja under the bridge, no matter how hard I horned this man wouldn't give me space to go... Very heartless drivers. Finally, this danfo driver bashed me while trying to move from the slope he was damaging the passenger side of my fender. na "officer" abeg end am that night.

The next day I took the car to my Madam's painter for repairs, paid and got it fixed before even reporting to her what happened.

You are involve in an accident as a driver you simply take care of it, if the damage is too much for you to bare the cost allow talk to the owner of the car after accident is nobody's fault unless you're "drunk" then it becomes your fault.

I strongly believe if this Richard in question was clean he wouldnt have been called out like dru23 is doing right now. How many of his drivers has he called out??

That is it. Is like Dru is a magnet for criticism.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tunlapapa: 10:47am On Mar 29, 2020
Blackbishop:

In summary, are you confirming that insurance companies don't pay claims as what you wrote up here is different from what is being discussed.
What you wrote is that fraud is being perpetrated by staff of the insurance company, or I didn't read well?

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by shollywendy1(m): 10:52am On Mar 29, 2020
dru23:

My guy drop the topic I beg. Coronavirus dey out now and shit is on lock dwn .. Make we move on , I hear you now about insurance, 2morrow at 6am I will add insurance to my car .. I will call the Richard driver to come back to carry the car
Make the destructive richard come carry the car again! Even me have just dialed the destructive guy number now, not going thru.
Good thing is to comprehensively insure the car 1st. Reckless driver can never change since it was confirmed by ur mechanic.
Call me any names, im not moved. I dont think anybody can troll like arabs. If i can survived their throlling. Anyway, lets move on

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 10:56am On Mar 29, 2020
peeps4u:

[b]Im sure dru still urges his drivers to go out and drive this period. [/b]When the driver faiks to remit, he comes here to say "Nigerians are this and that".

Like seriously?!!! Why conclude on a man you haven't even meet or known? Do you by chance know any of his driver before filing this report?

Lets be guilded with things we say.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 11:02am On Mar 29, 2020
confusedworld17:
Just a random thought...
Those guys wey dey sell sweet, pectol and chingum for traffic, shey na on those things only them dey survive or something else ?
I dey always see them late nights and even at 2, 3 am with their market around farmcity and Daytona supermarket still hustling.
May God help in this country my brother. You talk of those once how about shoe shiners? I wonder how these guys survive on a dailys
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tunlapapa: 11:03am On Mar 29, 2020
dru23:

I avoided calling you names but I can see you are a fool that thinks he is the wisest.

Let's check your analysis, if you claimed the driver was owing money before repairs could be that the vehicle was faulty with downtime on the driver's side but you kept counting his rental days for him. How can someone owe you money but you still went ahead to repair the vehicle for him for continued usage.
You also said the vehicle had an accident few days after the repairs which I am sure was not up to a week, that means you claimed the week the driver had the accident as a week owed if the driver was owing a week previously to make it two weeks rentals N60k.
Like someone said earlier that the accident might not be the driver's fault as the vehicle has shown signs of faults that made it go on repairs which might have come up again while the driver was driving it.

Nobody will be interested in an immbecile's money aspects as YOU ALWAYS CLAIM YOU ARE MAKING MONEY. From my analysis, you have LOST N160,000 (previous repairs & driver's rentals) and you will lose more while repairing that car again.
As you can see that you are the fool here as a deposit (insurance policy) would have saved you from more loss and you don't even know what will happen with next driver.

Penny wise, pound foolish FOOL

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tunlapapa: 11:09am On Mar 29, 2020
dru23:

Either come rain or shine uber or no uber.. Dru23 will be ok .. Am not asking for pity or money. Am sharing my business experience so that we can all learn from each other..
I tell people the truth, when I discovered about honda civic ,I told people about it .. People were encouraged and even thanked me for it..
I want people to do well and exceed , I share my joy and my pain so that people can learn . If I know there is something that will help somebody am not afraid to share....

Most of my business idea ,an average Nigerian will not share it on the forum.. Things to look out for most people will not share this idea.

Everyone is claiming big man up and down .. If you have idea that will help someone share it with people help someone that really needs the help.

And what have you contributed to these forum. What can I learn from you ? Have learn nothing from you at all.

And this is why I dislike you. You are too proud !

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2535) (2536) (2537) (2538) (2539) (2540) (2541) ... (5716) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: GodWealthDbest and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.