Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,718 members, 7,831,263 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:20 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (2900) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4804855 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2897) (2898) (2899) (2900) (2901) (2902) (2903) ... (5700) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by donfortune48(m): 9:37pm On Aug 10, 2020
Felicity0001:

Stealing is not corruption grin
Tell that to your kids

I prefer corruption to stealing.
Even though I disgust both.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by donfortune48(m): 9:45pm On Aug 10, 2020
ndubuis:

"He scammed his rider", "he stole from him".. blah blah blah. Did you factor all scenario in before concluding? So why did Uber not block him if it was an outright scam or fraud? Do you know more than them? Do you think Uber condones any of those no matter how small? His intention wasn't to steal from the rider and that's what is important here. He did what he did out of frustration on the job which is very obvious from the start of the incident to the end.

Let's stop all these sounding holier than thou. Some of us do worse things but are always quick to criticize others or am I not relating with Nigerians here? He f**cked up, he has admitted to it. Calling it scam, fraud or stealing is a little bit on the extreme, mere use of sledge hammer to kill an ant.

Na them.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by donfortune48(m): 9:47pm On Aug 10, 2020
izzou:

Okay sir. Well noted

I will always factor the scenario and intention before calling out scams or fraud.

I'm sure the next case would be a rider. Let's see how the house will address it.

Thanks for the clarification

If we factor in scenarios and intentions, then hushpoppi is a survivor nah. Not a scamer.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by donfortune48(m): 9:48pm On Aug 10, 2020
Felicity0001:

Don't blame me my brother good things and good people don't last. So I think being bad is a good thing

Kashimu.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 9:49pm On Aug 10, 2020
GreatGod2020:
Looking for a nice and comfortable hotel to pass a night or rest, click on the link below for your reservation across the country
https://nitestay.com/cna-GreatGod.
Bro let's talk more on the mineral exploration. I sent you a mail.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 9:51pm On Aug 10, 2020
donfortune48:

If we factor in scenarios and intentions, then hushpoppi is a survivor nah. Not a scamer.

Lol

You ehn grin grin grin grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by donfortune48(m): 9:57pm On Aug 10, 2020
eyinola:
bolt need to introduce cancellation fee, drove from berger to omole phase 1 today, got to pu rider didn't pick call again.

Lolzz.

Na normal thing bro.

Got a request sometime last week around 8:55pm pick up ETA is 8mins.
Called rider and told her I'm on my way and the time it will take me to get to her, she said no problem.

I drove to pick up, swiped arrive, and she just canceled. Meaning I won't be able to take another rider again cos BOLT close at 9pm.

I called rider, she didn't pickup. Called again, she picked.

Rider: Hello.

Me: God punish you.

Rider: God forbid in Jesus name.

I hung up.

11 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mazinaija: 9:57pm On Aug 10, 2020
Felicity0001:

Don't mind them, most people fail to understand their reason for being here but as for me I'm just to catch fun and show my darkpart as human therefore renew myself to being a better person, nothing more and I like the fact that it's a faceless forum so there's liberty to be that person you truly wanna be without anyone according you some respect or disrespect because they know you.

As for that rider I just wanted to teach him a hard lesson so when next a driver ask him to cancel he would without saying a 2nd word and also he would learn to always call to confirm from the driver if he's going or not immediately he makes a request
HAVE YOU TRULY WORKED AS AN FME BEFORE?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 10:06pm On Aug 10, 2020
northbird:
When I tell folks, Bolt has better features. they will say I'm promoting them.

If it was bolt. No need to pick such a ride. Cos, you r seeing THREE critical metrics.
1. Destination n potential km to b covered
2. Pick up distance.
3. Fare estimates

Bolt, WA gbayi.....

Indriver also has these features. If trip you don't like enters your phone, you can skip at will without no penalties. The only thing is that their prices are fixed. Another issue with indriver that I have an issue with is that you are warned with suspension if you arrive late for pu. They fail to realize that sometimes challenges could be met on the way to pu point.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GreatGod2020(m): 10:11pm On Aug 10, 2020
SafariBoy:
Bro let's talk more on the mineral exploration. I sent you a mail.
Alright boss, I will check my mail and I will reply you as soon as possible. Thanks.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 10:11pm On Aug 10, 2020
mabeni:
holtz. My mechanic suggested it.

That your mech no get joy o. Its like your village people eventually got you through your mech. The highest I use Holt for is power steering fluid.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 10:50pm On Aug 10, 2020
deedee44:

With time, they too will gain ground. Infact they are slow, if they know what they are doing and how to play their game well they would have gone way farther than this

Boss the question is who r they? What are they fighting for? What input have they put in so far, to say they want to stand for sometin? The are nothing but criminals in the making. If drivers ignore them, hunger will naturally kill them. Mykab supporting every government actions speak volume, they should focus more on completing trips. Please did any driver complete mykab trip here today?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 10:52pm On Aug 10, 2020
deedee44:

Fear not for I will be with you. When you get there just throw the first punch and watch the Lord do his wonders. You will come back with testimony grin

grin I'm not good at attack, middle man is my tin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by donfortune48(m): 11:05pm On Aug 10, 2020
Crvrider:

Indriver also has these features. If trip you don't like enters your phone, you can skip at will without no penalties. The only thing is that their prices are fixed. Another issue with indriver that I have an issue with is that you are warned with suspension if you arrive late for pu. They fail to realize that sometimes challenges could be met on the way to pu point.

Why haven't I been fortunate enough to complete a ride on indriver since I registered?

Request will come, before I'll offer my price, it's already taken.

Got a notification one day. Egbeda-to-cheveron drive. And it was showing #3,100.
Before I'll say let me offer 4k and manage it, trip have already been taken.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mistadayo(m): 11:32pm On Aug 10, 2020
Heya...maybe you should change your name.
donfortune48:

Why haven't I been fortunate enough to complete a ride on indriver since I registered?

Got a notification one day. Egbeda-to-cheveron drive. And it was showing #3,100.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 12:33am On Aug 11, 2020
harlee:
HELLO HOUSE,A FRIEND OF MINE WANTS 2 RESIGN 4RM WORK 2 START UBER BUINESS,DUDE SAYS WORK HAS BEEN SO 'MAD' SINCE HE RESUMED FROM LOCKDOWN BREAK,HIS SALARY IS 60K,MY QUESTION IS SHOULD HE?IS UBER STILL PROFITABLE EVEN AFTER THE LOCKDOWN?WHAT CAR BRAND WOULD YOU SUGGEST(AFFORDABLE AND DURABLE)?THANKS

There's is always need for a man to have multiple streams of income. I work, though shity at the moment, but still can't see myself quitting to face uber. Thought of it dey scare me silly.

Was driving home late night around odo eran, igando area last week and this corolla was in flames. In fact the thing burn to the ground. In my mind, I was like, see somebody investment.

I drive to target 5k daily. Advice your friend not to quit. He could set a target of a minimal amount on a daily bases, in that way he is not stressed, the car is also not stressed, in the end, his sanity is maintained...paramount.

11 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 12:46am On Aug 11, 2020
northbird:

I would rather say 'cos it bumps/ shatters d reliability of their service.

Well, that too. But these guys(uber) are not that stupid, they are fully aware that drivers do this but since there is no way of validating, they just block the drivers.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 1:02am On Aug 11, 2020
donfortune48:

Really can't answer that. Presently I use indriver alone...still working on my uber registration. As for bolt, my car is 2002. I usually get trips on indriver, though difficult on the island, don't know why.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 5:04am On Aug 11, 2020
izzou:

grin grin grin

Lol
This man

Nothing do you... grin
One thing is sure My foolishness is wisher than most of you guys intelligence.

Nothing does you too my man.

Peace ✌
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 5:12am On Aug 11, 2020
donfortune48:

Kashimu.

Oh sorry about the death of your fada pls take hat.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 5:14am On Aug 11, 2020
mazinaija:
HAVE YOU TRULY WORKED AS AN FME BEFORE?
You have a job for me?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 5:22am On Aug 11, 2020
donfortune48:

Lolzz.

Na normal thing bro.

Got a request sometime last week around 8:55pm pick up ETA is 8mins.
Called rider and told her I'm on my way and the time it will take me to get to her, she said no problem.

I drove to pick up, swiped arrive, and she just canceled. Meaning I won't be able to take another rider again cos BOLT close at 9pm.

I called rider, she didn't pickup. Called again, she picked.

Rider: Hello.

Me: God punish you.

Rider: God forbid in Jesus name.

I hung up.
See ur life? Ordinary cancel after arriving u then resorted to pickup ur phone and use God's name to swear for people that pays your bill now I c y u prefer corruption to stealing. Generation of vipers!

Hypocrite! And you have to nerves to come to my mention to condemn like u r better.

Shame!

Izzuo c ur brother

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 5:30am On Aug 11, 2020
Crvrider:

Well, that too. But these guys(uber) are not that stupid, they are fully aware that drivers do this but since there is no way of validating, they just block the drivers.
The greatest of it is cancelling a card trip. Uber may not even give u a warning before permanently blocking you.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by donfortune48(m): 5:43am On Aug 11, 2020
Felicity0001:

See ur life? Ordinary cancel after arriving u then resorted to pickup ur phone and use God's name to swear for people that pays your bill now I c y u prefer corruption to stealing. Generation of vipers!

Hypocrite! And you have to nerves to come to my mention to condemn like u r better.

Shame!

Izzuo c ur brother

Ode.
grin grin

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 5:51am On Aug 11, 2020
donfortune48:

That's the price the rider wants to pay.

No haggling of any sort. If you pick a price above wat is being offered, your request will b declined.

Indrive is for riders who r really price conscious.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by donfortune48(m): 5:55am On Aug 11, 2020
Felicity0001:

Oh sorry about the death of your fada pls take hat.

Shey he's your role model?

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 6:18am On Aug 11, 2020
peeps4u:

I hope he is resigning to drive with his car? He might regret his action if he is planning to resign and join ehailing on rental.

As for your inquiry, if the car is his, he will surely make far more than 60k he earns currently on his job.
He should compare the prospect in his current job with his future plans in ehailing if it is safe to resign because sincerely, govt can literally kill any business, ehailing inclusive, just one day with a bad policy.

Lest i forget, dont invest over a million on car for ehailing, I always advise 800kmax, so you can recoup your investment quickly. You can get a good naija used honda civic (from 2003) for 600-700k, you can't get naija used coro for a million or less unless you're lucky, so u might take coro away from your option. Civic is even more fuel efficient than coro afterall. You can possibly get naija used big daddy or matrix for less than 1 million. Hyundai elantra is another option but I cant say about its cost of maintenance or parts.

Good luck.
Then you are possibly looking for a lemon grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by owolabi5: 7:09am On Aug 11, 2020
For processing of your new vehicle registration (Lagos number plate), change of ownership, renewal of vehicle particulars such as vehicle licence, hackney permit, third-party and comprehensive insurance, roadworthiness certificate, heavy duty permit, driver's licence processing and renewal, please Call: 08033539981 or

WhatsApp: 08182880902

Thanks
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 7:38am On Aug 11, 2020
deedee44:

God bless you. I don't like rolling down my windows cuz i'll spend more money cleaning car interior than I will spend on the little and mostly insignificant extra fuel I'll use with AC on. All in all, I'm working not to suffer, why suffer avoidable suffering while working grin
Bros the thing dey tire me, you will see some drivers inside traffic with smoke, dust and heat everywhere yet they roll down thier windows in the name of saving fuel.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by harlee(m): 7:47am On Aug 11, 2020
TANKS SO MUCH,DUDE HAS 300K BT UNCLE IS WILLING 2 BORROW HIM THE MONEY

(1) (2) (3) ... (2897) (2898) (2899) (2900) (2901) (2902) (2903) ... (5700) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: hefelove(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.