Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,806 members, 7,831,632 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 11:00 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (2988) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4806063 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2985) (2986) (2987) (2988) (2989) (2990) (2991) ... (5700) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by knytred: 4:40pm On Sep 05, 2020
Leemao

chillex8:
As seen on inDriver grin.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chucsmoore(m): 4:44pm On Sep 05, 2020
chillex8:
grin Despite this, INDriver is a very good app to drive on. For the past 2weeks i ve not put on my BOLT app. It's been RAW CASH all through on INDriver, what is see on your dashboard is what you get. I am really enjoying them. They about to take the Loyalty I have for BOLT, but I doubt it.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Minimumviable: 4:46pm On Sep 05, 2020
Glade SME Digital Bank, Africa's First Fully digital bank for small businesses is growing very fast and looking to hire a few direct sales representatives in Lagos.

In this role, you’ll be helping users create merchants accounts, for registered and unregistered businesses, startups and FSPs. You will also help recruit Agents.

All sound good to you?

Apply here https://glade.typeform.com/to/q58yHnFg

Salary 70k -100k
Free Health Insurance for yourself and family of four
Flexible work hours/Remote
Pension contribution.
Opportunity to grow in a fast-paced environment.

Please share, you may be helping someone.

Wish you all the best!!!

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 4:55pm On Sep 05, 2020
chillex8:

It's actually 4.9km from A to B. 14km is your actual location to pickup and it reads 49min.

This how i do my analysis when accepting a ride on indriver:

If my location + pickup + destination = 1hr then do 1100-1300
If my location + pickup + destination > 30min & < 1hr then do 700 -800.

In a nut shell I need to be making anything from 1100 -1300 per/hr and 600-800 per/30min

This is how I filter rides but destination counts a lot

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chillex8(m): 4:59pm On Sep 05, 2020
Crvrider:

It's actually 4.9km from A to B. 14km is your actual location to pickup and it reads 49min.

This how i do my analysis when accepting a ride on indriver:

If my location + pickup + destination = 1hr then do 1100-1300
If my location + pickup + destination > 30min & < 1hr then do 700 -800.

In a nut shell I need to be making anything from 1100 -1300 per/hr and 600-800 per/30min
You are correct. My emphasis was on the additional information. Lol
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 5:16pm On Sep 05, 2020
UcLloyd:

I will be going for my own inspection, Bolt next week. The name on my car papers is different from my drivers license, I bought the car Nigerian used, but I haven't changed the papers to my name cus they papers are still valid till next year. I hope it won't be a problem with Bolt?

It doesn't matter else nobody would drive on rental

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by rvpbae: 5:19pm On Sep 05, 2020
Good day everyone.

I have a small toyota and I'm considering giving it out for this business but I have some questions.

1. Is it better I give it out on hire purchase?
2. Do I take the car to uber or bolt myself for registration or give it to a driver and let him do all that? ( HP).
3. I'm In abuja. How much should i expect weekly?
4. Which is better, uber or bolt?

Thank you
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 5:53pm On Sep 05, 2020
jaymejate:

If it not fresh nko? It will not be repairable? How much is that repairing also?

I saw a video sometimes ago where cracked windscreen was fixed. Omo i shock, not freshly cracked windscreen o. They fit do am for naija?
Its very possible bro as a matter of fact I did several jobs of such way back that one would hardly tell if there is a crack there.

95% jobs I did then looking from the inside where like a fainted razor blade scratch on a glass If d windshield is of good quality n crack is fresh say like within a week. But if dirt particles enters and stick on the middle layer of the windshield which is like a nylon material and stays for months b4 coming for repair, after work done the dirty will be visible to the naked eyes.

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by radautoworks: 5:55pm On Sep 05, 2020
dru23:

From experience your engine oil seal might be worn out and leaking somewhere.. A good mechanic will need to open up the engine cover and check for leaks or worn out seal or valves ...keep in mind your car is over 15 years old with high miles .. So it is natural for things to be worn out.

Below is an example of worn out seals in one of my uber cars.. I talk about few months ago , the car was shortening oil like crazy , I was advice to use thicker oil cause car his high miles etc .. So I seek a second opinion and a nairaland mechanic open up the engine valve and we saw the worn out seals.. It was replace and oil never shorten after that.. And I still continue to use the manufacturer recommended oil 5w20.. So have it checked out .. And also check the Pcv valves too ...As a car owner try and take some initiative and research on your own .. It will help you in the long run and save u money..

And you said you use Hardex oil ... have never heard of it before, please and please research your oil before using, Google is your friend.... Let us try to be responsible car owners

I swear I like this new Dru more and more every day. If I talk am dem go say I just dey look for business

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 5:58pm On Sep 05, 2020
abefeabebi:

Boss how long does this take to get report in ur mail, finished my around past 10 today and the guy said in the next 1hour i will get the report., but till now nothing in my inbox.
please how do i go about d online test
Check your spam if you don't see any on ur inbox you ought to have received it by now. Normally it should be almost immediately after the inspector submits it's report then a successful and confirmation mail is reverted back to you.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by radautoworks: 6:01pm On Sep 05, 2020
Felicity0001:

Its very possible bro as a matter of fact I did several jobs of such way back that one would hardly tell if there is a crack there.

95% jobs I did then looking from the inside where like a fainted razor blade scratch on a glass If d windshield is of good quality n crack is fresh say like within a week. But if dirt particles enters and stick on the middle layer of the windshield which is like a nylon material and stays for months b4 coming for repair, after work done the dirty will be visible to the naked eyes.

Why did you stop?? There are whole businesses who do nothing but this! In Nigeria especially you would make a mint as a mobile windshield repair.

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by abefeabebi(m): 6:02pm On Sep 05, 2020
Please am trying to upload inspection report, but keep rejecting it. i did at cars45, and i screenshot the report sent to me, Any way out?
still trying to find a place to do the online test too, please help me out.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by abefeabebi(m): 6:06pm On Sep 05, 2020
Felicity0001:

Check your spam if you don't see any on ur inbox you ought to have received it by now. Normally it should be almost immediately after the inspector submits it's report then a successful and confirmation mail is reverted back to you.
Thanks Boss for ur response all the time, i later went there and it was done in my presence. Now having issue with uploading it. keep rejecting it. i did screenshot of the PDF sent to me.
attached is d report. please help me out

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jaymejate: 6:07pm On Sep 05, 2020
Felicity0001:

It's good o. At least, save the cost of changing the windshield. I hear say they no de see cracked windshield for face at the inspection center grin smiley

How much is it by the way?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jaymejate: 6:09pm On Sep 05, 2020
abefeabebi:

Thanks Boss for ur response all the time, i later went there and it was done in my presence. Now having issue with uploading it. keep rejecting it. i did screenshot of the PDF sent to me.

So Cars45 de do inspection for Bolt. Local man is stunned shocked

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Ahmedsuleiman(m): 6:22pm On Sep 05, 2020
When you need to buy a car that doesn't give you recurring issues, and you get to BUY the best...

Then you are in for what you should consider AWESOME OFFER.

Here's the offer...

I present to you a neatly used Nigeria Sienna 2006 model in resounding CONDITION.

And guess what?

This Sienna car is... customs cleared, leather seats, nonpareil AC, drive and run, power doors and boot, seven seaters, DVD player, sun roofs with good tyres, and reasonable mileage among others.

Let me add more details and make it succinct:

Condition: Nigerian used
Manufacturer: Toyota
Colour: Black
Year of manufacture: 2006
Trim: XLE Limited AWD
Transmission: Automatic
Mileage: 108000km
Registered car: Yes
Second condition: First registration, No faults.
Engine size: 3.31

The price is: ₦2,000,000

To buy this, contact me on 08136113444 or via this WhatsApp link: http:///2348136113444

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by daddytime(m): 6:25pm On Sep 05, 2020
rvpbae:
Good day everyone.

I have a small toyota and I'm considering giving it out for this business but I have some questions.

2. Do I take the car to uber or bolt myself for registration or give it to a driver and let him do all that? ( HP).

Thank you

It's best to go on both Uber and Bolt apps.

I'd advise you do the registration yourself.

I'm in Abuja in case you need more clarification.

Cheers
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 6:26pm On Sep 05, 2020
rvpbae:
Good day everyone.

Thank you
My brother do HP while you sit and drink bear watching your money hit your account weekly.

If driver messebu give am yellow card
2 yellow card is equal to one red card
One red card is equal to disqualification for 3matches you can make it 4 weeks then bring him back forward with an increase of 2weeks rent while you assist with the problems to his reason of having a yellow card twice.

In this business and with the little knowledge and experience2 I've gathered HP is the king. I can't come and kill myself with 100% maintenance while I'm receiving same money a HP owner is getting and a driver is bringing me different court cases and police settlements plus mechanics kpalava like they do to jpworld the HOD-Ws.

Las Las balance your account after 4quater you'd noticed you didn't make any profit due to repairs, servicing and other running cost. Watin you gain

Same thing applies to drivers. HP is the best way to go anytime any day. I know some guus who have been on rental for 2yrs yet nothing to show for.

Abeg make I stop b4 them say I too talk.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by fizcoo20(m): 6:36pm On Sep 05, 2020
Help me choose among these cars below. Interm of ruggedity, fuel economy, easy to maintain. And for Uber / taxify or side hustle.
Toyota corolla 2001

Honda civic 03 to 05

Honda civic 06 to 09

Thanks in anticipation.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by abefeabebi(m): 6:43pm On Sep 05, 2020
jaymejate:

So Cars45 de do inspection for Bolt. Local man is stunned shocked
i did it for Uber not bolt

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 7:32pm On Sep 05, 2020
jaymejate:

It's good o. At least, save the cost of changing the windshield. I hear say they no de see cracked windshield for face at the inspection center grin smiley

How much is it by the way?

It doesn't just save you cost of changing an entire windshield just for a star break, a bull's eye, long crack or multiple star breaks but you also retain you factory fitted seal windshield with having to break your pocket.

radautoworks:

Why did you stop?? There are whole businesses who do nothing but this! In Nigeria especially you would make a mint as a mobile windshield repair.

As expected.

1st, studies was my major reason so I redirected and always direct my clients to some guys I trained b4 going to pursue a degree. Studies didnt allow me to continue the job far away in PH city because ads and other factors would've been needed to gain ground in a new environ. Though still carryout few jobs when ever I was on hols in Lagos but due to not always being around I lost clients.

2ndly, Chemicals (resins) expired, high cost of exchange rate, difficulty getting shipment from the USA plus other factors.

Furthermore, Glass Mechnix the first company that came up with the technilogy, their resins (the major tool for the job) became very expensive. How do a fresh graduate get such money to make order. Other competitor's resin wasn't guv8ng me the desire result I needed, so we started having high number of return jobs.

I believe you know that feeling when your customers are not satisfied, my motivation gradually died down so I started loosing interest.

Finally, Got 2 jars of glass Mechnix resins from a dealer in Abuja, but this time customers are not ready to pay handsomely for a job well done. Competition as windshield where no more being imported but are now been manufactured here in Nigeria this now crashed the prices of windshield.

So all of these put together are the reason for my decision of quitting.

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by radautoworks: 7:38pm On Sep 05, 2020
Felicity0001:

2ndly, Chemicals (resins) expired, high cost of exchange rate, difficulty getting shipment from the USA plus other factors.

Finally, Got 2 jars of glass Mechnix resins from a dealer in Abuja, but this time customers are not ready to pay handsomely for a job well done. Competition as windshield where no more being imported but are now been manufactured here in Nigeria this now crashed the prices of windshield.

So all of these put together are the reason for my decision of quitting.

If you really want to get back into it, we can help you get product in. There are also a lot more resin manufacturers with good product now. Shop and you'll see. I don't want to sell you some but I think you should take another look at it. We sell DIY kits but don't really want to get into windshield repair but there is a market for it I think.

8 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Corona22: 7:44pm On Sep 05, 2020
Corona22:
Good day gentlemen/women
Please I recently stumbled across this thread and I’ve been reading with great interest. I have a question if someone will be so kind to humor me. Is investing about a million in Uber/bolt still viable ?.
Anyone ?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 7:46pm On Sep 05, 2020
abefeabebi:

UBER: you will have to upload via your url using an android phone and not with an apple device. Get to your url via ur uber app profile

Bolt: I think I've forgotten how but check your profile documents or so.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eyinola: 7:48pm On Sep 05, 2020
I charge 1k for luggage today and i was happy with mysef grin
Rider: whr r u now be fast i hv many tinz to carry
Me : u say? Please i don't carry load oooooo
Rider: it's a small load na , shebi u sil see it
Me : ok i am coming to check, i park my car come down to check, she was carrying 1 sack containing designer shoes and one carton wrapped with celotape
Me: this is load i can only carry u with ur hand luggage
Rider: when does taxify start charging for load
Me: they don't ask me to be carrying load ; anyways ur load is 1K
Rider: na wa ooo, ur face just strong..oya shaa let's go

Took another site engineer with some few technical tools i also charge 1k but he begged for 500, way to go if u no fit pay i zoom off

19 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nwizu042: 7:48pm On Sep 05, 2020
fizcoo20:
Help me choose among these cars below. Interm of ruggedity, fuel economy, easy to maintain. And for Uber / taxify or side hustle.
Toyota corolla 2001

Honda civic 03 to 05

Honda civic 06 to 09

Thanks in anticipation.

What is that corolla doing there Oga?

9 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by SaintHilary(m): 7:53pm On Sep 05, 2020
radautoworks:

If you really want to get back into it, we can help you get product in. There are also a lot more resin manufacturers with good product now. Shop and you'll see. I don't want to sell you some but I think you should take another look at it. We sell DIY kits but don't really want to get into windshield repair but there is a market for it I think.
Madam Radu, Abeg na Ur receipt bdis?
Make eno be say I go wrong shop

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by knytred: 7:59pm On Sep 05, 2020
I go soon buy scale Dey put for boot, once the load pass 20kg na extra charge, if the load no fit enter boot and close another extra charge and that’s if I even agree to put am inside motor . Once it’s not a travel bag or box, extra charges , when I started I don carry full car of eggs , I don carry cooler with food and take aways, never again !! If extra charges no Dey forget am ....from P to D sharply

eyinola:
I charge 1k for luggage today and i was happy with mysef grin
Rider: whr r u now be fast i hv many tinz to carry
Me : u say? Please i don't carry load oooooo
Rider: it's a small load na , shebi u sil see it
Me : ok i am coming to check, i park my car come down to check, she was carrying 1 sack containing designer shoes and one carton wrapped with celotape
Me: this is load i can only carry u with ur hand luggage
Rider: when does taxify start charging for load
Me: they don't ask me to be carrying load ; anyways ur load is 1K
Rider: na wa ooo, ur face just strong..oya shaa let's go

Took another site engineer with some few technical tools i also charge 1k but he begged for 500, way to go if u no fit pay i zoom off

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by radautoworks: 8:02pm On Sep 05, 2020
SaintHilary:

Madam Radu, Abeg na Ur receipt bdis?
Make eno be say I go wrong shop

Yes. Wetin happen
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jaymejate: 8:15pm On Sep 05, 2020
radautoworks:

Yes. Wetin happen

Do your company fix windshield like Mr Felicity used to?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by radautoworks: 8:16pm On Sep 05, 2020
jaymejate:

Do your company fix windshield like Mr Felicity used to?
nah. We just sell the diy kits.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eyinola: 8:20pm On Sep 05, 2020
knytred:
I go soon buy scale Dey put for boot, once the load pass 20kg na extra charge, if the load no fit enter boot and close another extra charge and that’s if I even agree to put am inside motor . Once it’s not a travel bag or box, extra charges , when I started I don carry full car of eggs , I don carry cooler with food and take aways, never again !! If extra charges no Dey forget am ....from P to D sharply

me sef don carry 40 crates of egg before grin for 700 naira trip..we drivers need to be bold and reject all this nonsense, wen i was travelling last year the luggage kg in my ticket was 23kg anything from above the 23kg allocated to me attracts extra charges

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2985) (2986) (2987) (2988) (2989) (2990) (2991) ... (5700) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.