Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,523 members, 7,819,883 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:53 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (3347) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4765753 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3344) (3345) (3346) (3347) (3348) (3349) (3350) ... (5695) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davit: 8:53am On Jan 21, 2021
You re right in all the points you listed here. How I wish Bolt management would see this!
InfinityEstates:

But na true na, she no be KD. You for collect money for KD hand. cheesy cheesy cheesy Mad people everywhere.

But on a more serious note, that's one of my issues with BOLT. They don't carry out sensitization on their riders. We understand that it would be difficult and stressful to train riders just like they train drivers. The least they could do is send out regular newsletters or mails concerning proper etiquettes before ordering a ride, during the ride and after the ride.

Some riders don't know why they have to rate. Some don't even know the rating affects the driver directly. Some have this NIGERIAN LECTURERS mentality that "A" (5stars) is for God, so matter how nice and cool the ride went, they'll still rate below 5stars.

Some riders would be waiting for the driver to call after requesting a ride, without understanding that the driver was probably on the highway when the request came in and was accepted and it would be difficult to place a call immediately (That's one my major issues with INDRIVER by the way).

Some riders feel they "PAY" for the TIME/DURATION of the ride, so they can decide to take their time WASTE THE DRIVER'S TIME, without understanding that the driver is more concerned about the DISTANCE COVERED or more preferably "CHANGE IN LOCATION" of the ride.

Some don't know how to pinpoint their exact location on the MAP when requesting a ride and inputting their destination, thereby making it difficult for the driver to easily pickup (Me I don't even stress. Once I discern that you didn't input your pickup correctly, and you can't give me a consise description using a LANDMARK, and it's not a trip that would "make sense", I just cancel the trip. I can't kill myself).

These and many more issues are what riders don't understand.

BOLT should do more in sensitizing riders to make life easier for drivers.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 8:54am On Jan 21, 2021
pope191:

May d mighty one bless u boss, may his arms nest and always uphold u, u will not know shame, u will b honoured by all transportation company. Continue giving joy and soul that edifices and nourish living things, one day u will take over MC sit. My tots and prayers will always b with u
Ameen smiley
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davit: 8:58am On Jan 21, 2021
Pope191?
IFSHR:
used oven for sell

Second body, little dent, Gear still manageable ,
as well as the engine.

Reason for selling: owner just gave his life to Christ.

Asking price 100 litres of fuel purchased from NNPC Ikoyi grin grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 9:07am On Jan 21, 2021
BoboKush:

Thanks.... It has grow more again today
Correct!
Keep moving Lagos and keep growing.
grin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 9:14am On Jan 21, 2021
Slickleo:

Bolt cheated d guy, and d will claim it's an err or gps err.
Nothing is wrong with the trip Bro, that's why I don't like trips with stops. You waste time and some drivers will erroneously want to think they will earn more, the bolt app these days hardly misbehave. They have improved

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gogettaz: 9:39am On Jan 21, 2021
BOLT RATING; MY EXPERIENCE

Note this is based on personal experience. While I will try to make you understand my numbers, I will NOT use exact figures. (E get Y)

I drove last in November 2020, resumed driving this January and only driven for 5 days.
My overall completed trips within these days are less than 50 which is about 60% of all incoming requests.
Now during these 5 days my rating has changed 3 times. I mean it 3 times.
Hence I wonder why the frequent change in the current rating?

My position:
Bolt has changed their algorithm to punish drivers that select trips.
Think about it; drivers can now see rider destination and have the luxury of selecting which trip to honor. So as a way to force you to accept and complete almost all trips, they make you aware of account BLOCKAGE. Who wants that?

Proposed solution:
Instead of arguing for hours on end could we try and decipher the code behind driver rating?
Let us check parameters that might be embedded in their execution.

Come forward if your activity score is less than 85% and your current rating is greater than 4.85 stars.

If there accounts with the above characteristics then my bias is FALSE.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kanuisagoat: 9:51am On Jan 21, 2021
Gogettaz:

Note this is based on personal experience. While I will try to make you understand my numbers, I will NOT use exact figures. (E get Y)

I drove last in November 2020, resumed driving this January and only driven for 5 days.
My overall completed trips within these days are less than 50 which is about 60% of all incoming requests.

My position:
Think about it; drivers can now see rider destination and have the luxury of selecting which trip to honor. So as a way to force you to accept and complete almost all trips, they make you aware of account BLOCKAGE. Who wants that?

Proposed solution:
Instead of arguing for hours on end could we try and decipher the code behind driver rating?

Come forward if your activity score is less than 85% and your current rating is greater than 4.85 stars.

Look no further. Somebody shared this earlier.

Are you saying his activity will get to 85 before his rating gets to 4.85? grin

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gogettaz: 9:54am On Jan 21, 2021
Am still looking for more specimen. One instance is too little to validate my position.
kanuisagoat:

Look no further. Somebody shared this earlier.

Are you saying his activity will get to 85 before his rating gets to 4.85? grin

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 10:06am On Jan 21, 2021
Gogettaz:

My position:

Proposed solution:

grin

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kanuisagoat: 10:07am On Jan 21, 2021
Gogettaz:
Am still looking for more specimen. One instance is too little to validate my position.

grin

We don tell una these things una no dey gree. Those riders laughing with you are the same ones dropping your rating grin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 10:43am On Jan 21, 2021
IFSHR:

It's either you are new in the hustle or you just want to ignore the fact, that traffic and other things can really affect price.

How can yaba to abule osun be 600 shocked and u still estimated abule osun to jibowu as 500 all your estimate is 100% wrong bro. Even you estimated waiting of 1.30 HR as 1000naira.

How did you know the real total km covered?
How do you arrive at the real time spent?
How are you so sure about all the real total waiting time?

Do you know all the above affect total bill.

A estimated bill of 600 can end up in 1200 without surge, due to traffic and other legal variables.

That trip is way more than 4700, it should not be less than 12k

If I was the driver and the rider informed me of all the stops and waiting, I would have opted for an offline

I guess the Abule Osun referred here is around Unilag not that one u are referring to.

If we agreed on that then we will continue the discussion
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tojahh(m): 11:00am On Jan 21, 2021
Gogettaz:

Are you whining the gods?

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gogettaz: 11:05am On Jan 21, 2021
No sir,
But yours didn't qualify.
tojahh:

Are you whining the gods?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by IFSHR: 11:07am On Jan 21, 2021
Pearl1910:

I guess the Abule Osun referred here is around Unilag not that one u are referring to.

Mr agreement...the only two abule closer to unilag is Abule-oja and Abule-ijesha.....

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 11:07am On Jan 21, 2021
sharpk007:

Mr Man , seems you don't know Abule Osun oo, is not Abule OJa, but sincerely if you don't know something, Y not google it or just keep quiet.

Google map driver
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 11:17am On Jan 21, 2021
sharpk007:

Yaba to Abule Osun is about 25km plus waiting time

Estimated as 3.5k minimum and 4.5k Max

Coming back estimated 3.5k min and 4.5Max

Yaba to VI 1.2k min 2kmax

Min amount 3.5 + 3.5 + 1.2 = 8.2k
Max amount 4.5+ 4.5+ 2 = 11k

To me, what the app calculated was d going trip plus the time on the app, the distance covered from Abule Osun to Yaba and Yaba to VI was not calculated

For giving him 8k, the guy was reasonable and for adding the 1k... You have also done well.

It os well my brethren
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 11:33am On Jan 21, 2021
Gogettaz:

My position:

Proposed solution:

My rating changed 4times, in less than 40trips. From 4.98 as at 4th of Jan to 4.93, 4.88, 4.80 and 4.73 as at 11th of January.

I cancelled a lot of trips this period as usual but I still don't believe its cos of cancellation cos I was cancelling when my rating was going up.

Obviously I didn't do upto 160 trips (40x4), 40 being the required number of rated trips to calculate current rating. So current trips alone couldn't have changed my rating 4 times.

That left me with the conclusion that old trips where rated much later. so when we see rating changing abruptly we think its cos of cancellation. No, ur old rides have just been rated recently.

But u still have a point about Bolt punishing drivers for picking trips after seeing destination and still cancelling without getting to destination and waiting for minimum 5mins. I think this is worthy of investigation by we drivers. So let's do it, guys with high rating should help lead this research.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by sharpk007(m): 11:38am On Jan 21, 2021
Pearl1910:

Two things re fundamentally wrong with ur post.

1... Dere is NO Abule Osun around Unilag

2. Even if it is Unilag side, Y re drivers rejecting to go there.( Ur ignorance and knowledge is inversely proportional)

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by sharpk007(m): 11:39am On Jan 21, 2021
Pearl1910:

Google map driver

U can learn by checking Google or just learn by reading and don't comment

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gogettaz: 11:55am On Jan 21, 2021
You have a valid point about old trips being rated later.
Pearl1910:

My rating changed 4times, in less than 40trips. From 4.98 as at 4th of Jan to 4.93, 4.88, 4.80 and 4.73 as at 11th of January.

I cancelled a lot of trips this period as usual but I still don't believe its cos of cancellation cos I was cancelling when my rating was going up.

Obviously I didn't do upto 160 trips (40x4), 40 being the required number of rated trips to calculate current rating. So current trips alone couldn't have changed my rating 4 times.

That left me with the conclusion that old trips where rated much later. so when we see rating changing abruptly we think its cos of cancellation. No, ur old rides have just been rated recently.

But u still have a point about Bolt punishing drivers for picking trips after seeing destination and still cancelling without getting to destination and waiting for minimum 5mins. I think this is worthy of investigation by we drivers. So let's do it, guys with high rating should help lead this research.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BoboKush(m): 11:57am On Jan 21, 2021
Gentlelife50:

Correct!
Keep moving Lagos and keep growing.
grin

I'm actually ibadan base.... But I'm used to this group already..... I suppose come hustle for lagos but police n one way wahala grin

Make i dey here..... Only say here the profit dey very low

Infact we dey protest for 3 days starting from today in IB make them increase fare

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 12:21pm On Jan 21, 2021
Guys how much is reasnable for a Camry V6(big daddy) weekly.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kanuisagoat: 12:48pm On Jan 21, 2021
BoboKush:

I'm actually ibadan base.... But I'm used to this group already..... I suppose come hustle for lagos but police n one way wahala grin

Make i dey here..... Only say here the profit dey very low

Infact we dey protest for 3 days starting from today in IB make them increase fare

Opportunity for some drivers to cash out grin

I think PHC has the highest rate. The fare is N85/km..
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by computerglobal(m): 12:53pm On Jan 21, 2021

The more you know about the vehicle the safer you will be. Run a VIN check and verify critical facts you need to buy a used car with confidence. Check the title status, previous odometer readings and the current market of the vehicle. Do as many checks as possible to ensure you are getting a legitimate offer.

www.nairaland.com/computerglobal

WhatsApp. 08060365068

Call/Sms/WhatsApp 08060365068

www.nairaland.com/attachments/10000072_vehiclehistoryreport_jpeg3e8dde5a1fb4cccbf6626e983b2598da

Confirm the authenticity Of Your Documents

Get your documents verified and avoid embarrassment

Contact us on Whats-app now . 08060365068
cool..
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 1:25pm On Jan 21, 2021
Felicity0001:
Guys how much is reasnable for a Camry V6(big daddy) weekly.

My brother no try am

The power steering problem no be frim here even if na tokunbo
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Babadee1900(m): 2:03pm On Jan 21, 2021
Good day everyone I saw the below message on a WhatsApp group.....

Gudmonin comrade there is something that need to be brought to every driver notice on this platform.i hope u all can remember there was a time a driver came that a lady did not pay her money complete that the fair was 8100 but the lady paid what she has on her and the driver came here and was telling we drivers to be cailing to be disturbing the rider until she pay the money.

can u imagine the same driver and some set of people went to this ladies house to burst her and get her injured to the extent of RAPING the lady it's very unfair and how I got to know about this was that I received a call from a lady asking if I was a bolt driver which i said yes because i actually call the number telling the lady to pay the money now the lady is sending everybody number to Bolt to trap who did such act bcs of money and also contact the lawyer to take it up from there pls we need to be careful about the issue of money thanks

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by salemdv(m): 2:05pm On Jan 21, 2021
Beng1234:

1 Just landed. 06 Corolla, HP package
Still available?
Drop contact pls
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GforGee: 2:24pm On Jan 21, 2021
Babadee1900:

can u imagine the same driver and some set of people went to this ladies house to burst her and get her injured to the extent of RAPING the lady

The lady recognised the driver? If she did, then why didn't she involve Bolt through the police to trace the driver's info? Calling and trapping those that called her to pay up for cheating is not a way to go.
And for the driver, if he truly did it, then he and his cohorts should be given 600... angry

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 1daboi: 2:48pm On Jan 21, 2021
Could be true.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 1daboi: 3:03pm On Jan 21, 2021
Babadee1900:

Gudmonin comrade there is something that need to be brought to every driver notice on this platform.i hope u all can remember there was a time a driver came that a lady did not pay her money complete that the fair was 8100 but the lady paid what she has on her and the driver came here and was telling we drivers to be cailing to be disturbing the rider until she pay the money.

can u imagine the same driver and some set of people went to this ladies house to burst her and get her injured to the extent of RAPING the lady it's very unfair and how I got to know about this was that I received a call from a lady asking if I was a bolt driver which i said yes because i actually call the number telling the lady to pay the money now the lady is sending everybody number to Bolt to trap who did such act bcs of money and also contact the lawyer to take it up from there pls we need to be careful about the issue of money thanks
if this is true, @bolt, are not smart yet. I mean, this lady has an account and took the trip right? Why can't bolt go to her trip history, find the trip, take the driver's number, run it on their system and see the driver. Naija sef
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BoboKush(m): 3:04pm On Jan 21, 2021
kanuisagoat:

No ooo.... Those driver wey no work.... Dey low key order anybody online to any destination if u get there..... They will tel you... Are you not aware there was a protest.... And ntn u can do grin

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BoboKush(m): 3:07pm On Jan 21, 2021
kanuisagoat:

You can cash out with offline trips

(1) (2) (3) ... (3344) (3345) (3346) (3347) (3348) (3349) (3350) ... (5695) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: SHOOPSYN(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.