Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,745 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:52 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (3517) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4747968 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3514) (3515) (3516) (3517) (3518) (3519) (3520) ... (5691) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tojahh(m): 12:33am On Mar 28, 2021
You seem not to take advice except them CARRY YOU GO

Chazleeray:
My great people of nairaland, i greet everybody in this platform. Today makes it exactly one week i started this bolt hustle in Lagos and it's been fun, stressful and hilarious, but it seems and 99% away From experiencing my first block because my rating has been dwindling from 4.8 to 4.5 and it's currently on 4.52. Please my people I don't want bolt to deny me my daily bread. What must be done to avoid first blocking??

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Chazleeray(m): 3:45am On Mar 28, 2021
tojahh:
You seem not to take advice except them CARRY YOU GO

My gee advice me naaa embarassed cry
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by computerglobal(m): 5:32am On Mar 28, 2021

Don't run the risk of buying used cars/Toks with costly hidden problems.

Know what you're buying before it's too late.

Avoid that mistake before you buy!

Major accident damage? Flood damage? Odometer Fraud? Avoid making a potentially costly mistake when buying a used/tokunbo car. Call/Sms/Whatsapp (vin/chassis) to +234 - 806 -036 - 5068 and minimize your risk.

Comprehensive Vehicle History Report.

Call/Sms/Whatsapp (Vin/chassis) to +234 - 806 -036 - 5068
www.nairaland.com/computerglobal

www.nairaland.com/attachments/10000072_vehiclehistoryreport_jpeg3e8dde5a1fb4cccbf6626e983b2598da

Confirm the authenticity Of Your Documents

Get your documents verified and avoid embarrassment

Contact us on Whats-app now . 08060365068
cool
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Emmanuel360(m): 7:03am On Mar 28, 2021
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Emmanuel360(m): 7:11am On Mar 28, 2021
Paparaxo:

Their quote seem to be the highest of all I've gotten so far, they're basically requesting for 4.7% of the car value... No be ment be that!

Did you ask what the package carries and if there are other options?
Some of us just want police pass and not insurance per say.
You can go to other insurance companies and you'll be offered a lower rate but when gbege happen then the details of your insurance will rear it head.
Ask questions, don't just say they said 4.7%. 4.7% is their highest comprehensive package and most things included you might not need
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 7:53am On Mar 28, 2021
donfortune48:

Lolzz.

I nobi hoodlum nah. grin

Then you're not qualify to be a driver. gringrin

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 8:00am On Mar 28, 2021
deedee44:

You for less him 4 tyres before you comot maybe him no go come down

Leave am he say him no b hoodlum driver, to survive in this racketting you've to be an hoodlum grin

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Deigofortune: 8:05am On Mar 28, 2021
This The insurance I Registered on Comprehensive insurance with then, and since the Past 2 Years of Registration I have been the one gaining all this while, the ask for 10% of your Car Value, my first year Payed 85k (registered Car is Toyota Corolla 2007 LE ) but during that year they fix my Car twins due to hit and run drivers that damaged my Car, the first Year the spend 180k on my Car,

The second year I have to Pay double because I used then twins on the previous year, so I was ask to pay 100k plus small amount until ...so during the second year now, the stolen my Car now waiting for them to do there job, they actually on it but it will have take upto 3 months for then to Act, just to be such if I found my Car or Not..�
I pray the outcome on my claims end well..

But honestly is very much Good too insurance your Car... Because on expected damages that would have make your car to sleep at the mechanic for months due to lack of money to proceed

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 8:07am On Mar 28, 2021
Gentlelife50:

And some you end card trips they start asking how much is it?
Abegiii, check your app biko. No time for ndi ara
grin

Dont mind them na so one big woman thought she can tempt me by askimg me "how much?"

Me: ma'am it's a card payment
She: okay.

She just jump out of the car and entered her VI residence without saying a second word.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 8:13am On Mar 28, 2021
brogxy:

Don't mind them, they are only using that excuse to make sure the driver ended the trip else the driver will drive another 10km on someone else's card.

During my early days, a rider once told me a driver drove from phase one to 3mb before she saw her app that the driver didn't end the trip
His excuse was that no network to end the trip.

The one wey dey scatter my head pass na those once that will want you to complete the trip and even do your rating in their presence before stepping out of the car just to be sure you don't use their card else where.

Like how will I get another trip if I don't end yours na? That's foolishness for crying out loud. Besides you can report and demand a price review. Most Nigerians are illiterate shall.

Some of them you never even stop them don ask you to end the trip like say 5seconds will add to the trip.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 8:42am On Mar 28, 2021
pope191:

grin

That was how One annoying lady somewhere inside ijegun requested on Bolt she never called to give me info all throughout I was calling to know if I was on the right track her she didn't even tell me she has luggage to carry to her short distance still within Ijegun when me I was hoping for a trip out of that remote place with bad road. After doing 3.5km to her somewhere close to one toll gate like that. Na so one guy carry big fridge and gas cooker and burner come.

She: oga open your boot, put the fridge at the back seat, then the others in the boot.

Me: I didn't border saying a word neither doing anything.
Where are you going to with all these?
She: somewhere around.
Me: with annoyance in me, and you didn't border to inform me for more than 25min I've been driving down to you? You must be a wicked person.

I entered my car and drove off without cancelling or asking her to do.

She cancelled and kept requesting while I kept accepting and she kept cancelling till she probably got blocked.

Some riders are wicked.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 8:54am On Mar 28, 2021
Felicity001:

Dont mind them na so one big woman thought she can tempt me by askimg me "how much?"

Me: ma'am it's a card payment
She: okay.

She just jump out of the car and entered her VI residence without saying a second word.
Lol, Nigerians and drama.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by donfortune48(m): 9:03am On Mar 28, 2021
Felicity001:

Then you're not qualify to be a driver. gringrin

Sure bro. grin grin

I'm only taking a leap.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kanuisagoat: 9:35am On Mar 28, 2021
Felicity001:

That was how One annoying lady somewhere inside ijegun requested on Bolt she never called to give me info all throughout I was calling to know if I was on the right track her she didn't even tell me she has luggage to carry to her short distance still within Ijegun when me I was hoping for a trip out of that remote place with bad road. After doing 3.5km to her somewhere close to one toll gate like that. Na so one guy carry big fridge and gas cooker and burner come.

She: oga open your boot, put the fridge at the back seat, then the others in the boot.

Me: with annoyance in me, and you didn't border to inform me for more than 25min I've been driving down to you? You must be a wicked person.

She cancelled and kept requesting while I kept accepting and she kept cancelling till she probably got blocked.

Some riders are wicked.

You didn't see the destination before you accepted the trip?

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 9:47am On Mar 28, 2021
People full Lagos sha... I got a trip yesterday to Lakowe, infact when we got to Baba Adisa,

I recalled Babadee1900 narrating an event that cracked me up about a rider n Baba Adisa. grin

People yapa for there too , see traffic @ Awoyaya. embarassed

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 10:33am On Mar 28, 2021
kanuisagoat:

The kind of things I hear about drivers from riders ehn grin.

Makes you wonder the kind of colleagues we have grin

In that time he was driving on someone's card, he could have gotten a much better trip.

Its not everything people should make a fuse about... If I where that rider I won't even border myself instead will allow him waste his time and money on fuel going round... shabi na card trip... Report the trip and State what happened. Bolt will refund my money and also give me 50% bonus off my next 3 trips and that driver might be ban for ever if he doesn't come up with a good defence.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 10:47am On Mar 28, 2021
radautoworks:
lai lai, which kin server fit upload all the millions of videos per day? grin

If You can remember I shared an experience of how a military guy made me transferred money to him along Oba Akran Road Ikeja last year.

Uber asked me to upload the video evidence to them via google drive. And the payment confirmation via the app.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Kanoski(m): 10:55am On Mar 28, 2021
Chazleeray:
My great people of nairaland, i greet everybody in this platform. Today makes it exactly one week i started this bolt hustle in Lagos and it's been fun, stressful and hilarious, but it seems and 99% away From experiencing my first block because my rating has been dwindling from 4.8 to 4.5 and it's currently on 4.52. Please my people I don't want bolt to deny me my daily bread. What must be done to avoid first blocking??
i was in your position early this month.
just use your riders app to order your self and rate 5stars n probably drop a comment in the morning n evening,

dont do it more than twice with a particular account.

also politely ask your riders 4 5 stars at the end of the ride

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 11:36am On Mar 28, 2021
Felicity001:

Some riders are wicked.

It is well we can't get into issue wit all riders, I've made up my mind to try as much as I can not to get into any unnecessary argument with riders. I just want to meet my target and go home.

Interesting to say a rider call me Ard 1 this morning asking if I can come pick her. Damn! Me too b human being nah, I need rest when due.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Babadee1900(m): 11:52am On Mar 28, 2021
northbird:
People full Lagos sha... I got a trip yesterday to Lakowe, infact when we got to Baba Adisa,

I recalled Babadee1900 narrating an event that cracked me up about a rider n Baba Adisa. grin

People yapa for there too , see traffic @ Awoyaya. embarassed
grin
That side is another Lagos on its own.

I don miss driving in Lagos and it’s craziness.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 1:26pm On Mar 28, 2021
Babadee1900:
grin
That side is another Lagos on its own.

I don miss driving in Lagos and it’s craziness.

Please share experience, we r all out here to learn
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peacefulhome(f): 1:34pm On Mar 28, 2021
Wow!!!
Thanks for all those who had been keeping this forum going. God bless every one.
I know I had missed a lot, but it okay.
Here used to be my favorite and it will always be. Wonderful week ahead to every one of us.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kala111: 2:01pm On Mar 28, 2021
Pls honourables in the house... does anybody have an idea of how much a corolla 05 Fender is currently sold.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 3:14pm On Mar 28, 2021
Chaaiii, I chup first ban on nairaland

I was reported and banned cos I was trying to let intending drivers or partners know that what they see on the dashboard is not bread & butter, when compared with office jobs. (E-hailing coy spy’s here or na partners, I no know)
I wanted us to do a survey and see how many people actually take 350 thousand home monthly not only in Nov/Dec, but every month you are sure of easily netting 350. but na ban i chup... Attacking people’s personality or business... how ? I know abuse anybody or business...

since then up till now na only
Pearl and kanuisagoat indicated they net that easily every month, guess other drivers are lazy or pretending grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 3:14pm On Mar 28, 2021
xstyle:
Great men, I want to resign my 50k per month Job, carry all I have (600k) and buy a Kia Rio 2006 or Honda civic 2003 to 2005 for bolt, my question is, will I get low ratings because of the car? I am trying to be careful because na Adashe (Esusu) money I dey use, so if I am kicked out I won't be able to afford and pay the remaining 6 people that will be collecting after me. I am in Abuja.

I want to answer your question by giving you my example, when I joined dis hustle with mind set of what I see on dashboard and heard on news. Abeg I no attack anybody or any business ooh, I just Dey talk my talk, before una go report me again.

When I started dis hustle, I had more than 1m in my account but wanted to be earning 300/400k every month.
So I went to bake my car, bought two brand new tyres, fill up AC gas, made sure no noise and my car was looking like executive/vip. The inspection guy self trip for my car.
First month - nothing nothing
I managed to finish 13 trips in a week.
In my quest for knowledge I got to know about dis thread and then it was an argument/challenge dt u can net 15 k every day. Na so I join, I became rugged,accepting all trips to anywhere, inside rain, flood or bad road na go, any trip drivers reject I accept. Card or cash i no dey reject. working round clock (when I complete Uber 12 hrs I drive on bolt till 1am sleep and up by 4:30am everyday, friday morning to Saturday night no sleep at all( taking energy drinks/coffee) tops I sleep inside one estate in lekki, while bolt app is on incase olosho wan move from client house before morning. o boy come see money, loose cash everywhere... I left d geng of lazy naira land drivers.

2 or 3 months after my AC compressor packed up, changed it - N38k or so
Kazeem say condenser too must be changed. From dt to front shocks , leakages, bushing , back tyre swollen.
Back shocks gone.
To crown it all, I fell sick on wheel dropping a lady at home. I had to park in a compound and slept. D woman was scared cos of d way I was shaking, make person no go die for her house.
So I went back to nairaland and started reading from way back. Nobody tell me before I join d lazy drivers geng. Na d saving grace for me.
So my humble submission to you
Don’t borrow money to buy a car, try and get a car on rentals (though partners won’t give you a car, “ they want 10yrs working experience and 5star drivers as if dem dey pick experience from birth, msheeewww ”)
If u by car on loan, how much will u make in 1 month to pay back loan, feed and by fuel ? What of miscellaneous ( u or car fall sick)?
No dey listen to all dis newbies dashboard, very soon dey go quiet like d pple b4 dem.

Don’t buy car on loan until u test d waters or you buy but don’t resign, continue working and driving after work.
If to say I bought car on loan how I go service loan and fix car

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by donfortune48(m): 3:48pm On Mar 28, 2021
BAZ001:

No dey listen to all dis newbies dashboard, very soon dey go quiet like d pple b4 dem.

This's the best remark you made here.
Though all you said is true.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 5:08pm On Mar 28, 2021
xstyle:
Great men, I want to resign my 50k per month Job, carry all I have (600k) and buy a Kia Rio 2006 or Honda civic 2003 to 2005 for bolt, my question is, will I get low ratings because of the car? I am trying to be careful because na Adashe (Esusu) money I dey use, so if I am kicked out I won't be able to afford and pay the remaining 6 people that will be collecting after me. I am in Abuja.

Well I don't know much about Abuja market .. I think Abuja rental is 25k per week and Lagos is 30k rental per week .......

My advice is if you can start on rental first before buying ur own car .. At least drive for 6 months or more before deciding to buy ur own car .......

When u are ready to buy ur own car . you should go for 2003 to 2005 Honda Civic .. I am not a big fan of naija used cars due to obvious reasons of abuse and neglect of previous owners.....

The Civic will serve u well if u take good care of it .. It will not affect your ratings at all .. Look for a civic that the previous owners has used the recommended oil .. Civics are good cars.....

Below is the one been used in Lagos for the past 2yrs plus now .. Good on fuel and parts are cheaper.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 5:15pm On Mar 28, 2021
donfortune48:

Sure bro. grin grin

I'm only taking a leap.

Its allowed grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 5:22pm On Mar 28, 2021
BAZ001:

I want to answer your question by giving you my example, when I joined dis hustle with mind set of what I see on dashboard and heard on news. Abeg I no attack anybody or any business ooh, I just Dey talk my talk, before una go report me again.

When I started dis hustle, I had more than 1m in my account but wanted to be earning 300/400k every month.
So I went to bake my car, bought two brand new tyres, fill up AC gas, made sure no noise and my car was looking like executive/vip. The inspection guy self trip for my car.
First month - nothing nothing
I managed to finish 13 trips in a week.
In my quest for knowledge I got to know about dis thread and then it was an argument/challenge dt u can net 15 k every day. Na so I join, I became rugged,accepting all trips to anywhere, inside rain, flood or bad road na go, any trip drivers reject I accept. Card or cash i no dey reject. working round clock (when I complete Uber 12 hrs I drive on bolt till 1am sleep and up by 4:30am everyday, friday morning to Saturday night no sleep at all( taking energy drinks/coffee) tops I sleep inside one estate in lekki, while bolt app is on incase olosho wan move from client house before morning. o boy come see money, loose cash everywhere... I left d geng of lazy naira land drivers.

2 or 3 months after my AC compressor packed up, changed it - N38k or so
Kazeem say condenser too must be changed. From dt to front shocks , leakages, bushing , back tyre swollen.
Back shocks gone.
To crown it all, I fell sick on wheel dropping a lady at home. I had to park in a compound and slept. D woman was scared cos of d way I was shaking, make person no go die for her house.
So I went back to nairaland and started reading from way back. Nobody tell me before I join d lazy drivers geng. Na d saving grace for me.
So my humble submission to you
Don’t borrow money to buy a car, try and get a car on rentals (though partners won’t give you a car, “ they want 10yrs working experience and 5star drivers as if dem dey pick experience from birth, msheeewww ”)
If u by car on loan, how much will u make in 1 month to pay back loan, feed and by fuel ? What of miscellaneous ( u or car fall sick)?

Don’t buy car on loan until u test d waters or you buy but don’t resign, continue working and driving after work.
If to say I bought car on loan how I go service loan and fix car

Most of the issues about your car compressor going bad etc .. This is due to owners neglect and am sure the use of the local freon is what packed up ur compressor .. So u can't nobody but urself.....

Things are tough now and the economy is bad .. No matter how u look at it u still go hustle.. When people complain about how hard it is driving etc .. What about does kids or adults hawking things in the hot sun in traffic .. Those are the ones suffering running up and down trying to sell market in the hot sun .. And at the end of the day how much are they taking home ....alot of them will love to trade places with you ......

And if u think about it those street hawkers will do well driving uber.. They will do well in the uber profession and I can bet it that you will not want to trade places with them hawking .. You will not last 1 hrs hawking in that scorching hot sun .......

It is not easy anywhere .....

8 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Paparaxo(m): 7:00pm On Mar 28, 2021
dru23:

Most of the issues about your car compressor going bad etc .. This is due to owners neglect and am sure the use of the local freon is what packed up ur compressor .. So u can't nobody but urself.....

Things are tough now and the economy is bad .. No matter how u look at it u still go hustle.. When people complain about how hard it is driving etc .. What about does kids or adults hawking things in the hot sun in traffic .. Those are the ones suffering running up and down trying to sell market in the hot sun .. And at the end of the day how much are they taking home ....alot of them will love to trade places with you ......

And if u think about it those street hawkers will do well driving uber.. They will do well in the uber profession and I can bet it that you will not want to trade places with them hawking .. You will not last 1 hrs hawking in that scorching hot sun .......

It is not easy anywhere

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Shanid(m): 7:07pm On Mar 28, 2021
Hello , good evening everyone , trust you had a wonderful weekend. Please can I change my oil from semi synthetic 5W30 to fully synthetic 5W30 oil.?

(1) (2) (3) ... (3514) (3515) (3516) (3517) (3518) (3519) (3520) ... (5691) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: Omoapena(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.