Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,035 members, 7,818,057 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:12 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (3848) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4756699 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3845) (3846) (3847) (3848) (3849) (3850) (3851) ... (5692) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by CheerfulGiver: 10:52am On Jul 19, 2021
Pearl1910:

Which type of oil be 1,500 abeg
Roadside 1 liter.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by CheerfulGiver: 10:54am On Jul 19, 2021
Luxurydriverng:

This is our season
Our season is till ahead. Ember months on the way. Target will be 300k weekly. No time.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by CheerfulGiver: 10:56am On Jul 19, 2021
spartacus11:

This is one if my fears, as a new driver how do you deal with riders that refuse to pay?
Threaten them on phone, block their estate gate. Embarrass them.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by komodapson(m): 11:17am On Jul 19, 2021
Pearl1910:

Do u use the App?

Rarely.... But loads of drivers claim their "scammers".... So I really wan to know truly..so perhaps I feel its in this aspect of " refund"
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 11:28am On Jul 19, 2021
shollywendy1:

I tire for DeeDee ooo.
Abeg help us collect our fee from him as we don appoint you our treasurer since the 50k challenge. Lol

This is Apostolic duties and must b handled by a Cleric or MOG. Pope and Bishop over to u grin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by bamigboye27: 11:32am On Jul 19, 2021
Godfather10:

The average of a hard working driver for a day is between 20k and 25k, for lazy drivers like Felicity l can say btw 10K to 15k everyday, so he will need 3days
To make what a hard working driver will make, in order to be fair to all parties and for the success of the value chain 2/3 days should be dedicated to car owners and 4/5days for drivers, in a nutshell delivery shoud be btw 40/50k weekly so every person on the value chain will be contented, the platforms have set the ball rolling by increasing what drivers earn to keep them happy its only logical that everyone on the value chain should be happy.
From my observations, a lot of UBER drivers in Nigeria are well educated and think logically, not like danfo drivers, UBER driving should be seen as a stepping stone to better things.
For drivers that have big dreams and hope to become successes in life, show your dashboard to encourage others, as to what can be accomplished,
Nov/Dec is the 2m gross period for those hardworking drivers with a plan, and January is the month that you invest the 2m you have saved to generate a new income stream, implement your new business idea,
The choice is stark and simple you are either a Felicity, who talks a lot and accomplishes nothing
Or you are a Kanuisgoat who shares his dashboard and is born to be great, Kanuisgoat has a plan & becos he has a plan and he is not bothered about greeting or such infintesimal nonsense.
The ball is in your court folks.

If you're talking about the amount made please specify if it's net or gross, because I see you're so pained by those figures.

Mind you, if you vibrate from now till tomorrow, drivers will still never remit more than what's stipulated in the contracts. Presently, 25k is the average weekly remittance, some go as high as 30k with other conditions attached. Right now, I bet you, the only reason a driver would take your car at 40k weekly delivery is desperation and you'll see it on your car after a month or two. Nobody will do 40k or 50k weekly, if you want it review your agreement with your Driver or start driving yourself because it's obvious all you were told was there's money in ehailing and went and buy corolla, only to start monitoring dashboards here.
If I rent your car for 70k and I make 400k, what you'll get is your 70k the rest is none of your business. So please stop littering the thread with your pain. If you really want 120k per week, hit the streets. From jakande to vgc surge starts around 6 to 6.30 am everyday. You can as well go around Lagos island, surge is constant there work 6am to 11pm, you can make 100k in a day or even more.

13 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by SHOOPSYN(m): 11:39am On Jul 19, 2021
Godfather10:

Driving in an airconditioned car for 6months isnt hard at all.
Its enjoyable in my opinion and nothing compared to those that wake up at 4am to be at their desk by 8/9am

Driving is enjoyable but driving for long is not. Especially driving to earn which is different from driving privately. Driving for long have serious underlaying health implications.

8 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Godfather10: 11:41am On Jul 19, 2021
LilX:

Which increase in fares? How much is fuel?? Like I said , drive your car yourself if you can't keep it at most 30k per week.

As a matter of principle i dont quibble with low iQ, inconsequential beings, with narrow minds and greedy brains, the e-hailing platforms have incresed fares and the whole system has been redesigned to ensure operators earn more, its a shame that drivers are hiding this fact

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by komodapson(m): 11:41am On Jul 19, 2021
bamigboye27:

If you're talking about the amount made please specify if it's net or gross, because I see you're so pained by those figures.

Mind you, if you vibrate from now till tomorrow, drivers will still never remit more than what's stipulated in the contracts. Presently, 25k is the average weekly remittance, some go as high as 30k with other conditions attached. Right now, I bet you, the only reason a driver would take your car at 40k weekly delivery is desperation and [b]you'll see it on your car after a month or two. [/b]Nobody will do 40k or 50k weekly, if you want it review your agreement with your Driver or start driving yourself because it's obvious all you were told was there's money in ehailing and went and buy corolla, only to start monitoring dashboards here.
If I rent your car for 70k and I make 400k, what you'll get is your 70k the rest is none of your business. So please stop littering the thread with your pain. If you really want 120k per week, hit the streets. From jakande to vgc surge starts around 6 to 6.30 am everyday. You can as well go around Lagos island, surge is constant there work 6am to 11pm, you can make 100k in a day or even more.

Not only his car...the drivers health would surely be in a terrible state

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dapotemi: 11:44am On Jul 19, 2021
CheerfulGiver:
Dashboard posters are exceptionally gifted. They're not your average Joe.

The problem you have failed to identify is the problem that some drivers will not meet up even if you give them a brand new car that requires no repair except servicing, for the first 70,000 km

LOL......
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 11:45am On Jul 19, 2021
Pearl1910:

This is Apostolic duties and must b handled by a Cleric or MOG. Pope and Bishop over to u grin

Boss I need bolt biko, I don drive tire today.... what's that my friend adult grin I no won fight again
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dapotemi: 11:46am On Jul 19, 2021
SHOOPSYN:

Driving is enjoyable but driving for long is not. Especially driving to earn which is different from driving privately. Driving for long have serious underlaying health implications.

Waking up by 4am and getting home by 11pm everyday does have its own HEALTH IMPLICATION. Quit this mentality oga

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Godfather10: 11:49am On Jul 19, 2021
IFSHR:

See English like oluomo PA own..

If you know how much can be made....why not quit squirting all over the place...roll your sleeves and handle the steering....

I do actually, 1 made £1210 last week, when lam in Nigeria lts a sin if l make less then 230k, there nothing more satisfy then working amongst one's own people, their hilarious humour, our flirtatious ladies and our hardwoking folks, nothing like home.!!

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 11:50am On Jul 19, 2021
CheerfulGiver:
Our season is till ahead. Ember months on the way. Target will be 300k weekly. No time.

My friend! My friend!! You know we r one on this hustle. No more oven till next year, let's go nd drink beer

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by komodapson(m): 11:55am On Jul 19, 2021
Blackbishop:

Bro why will I buy Corolla when civic or other cheap cars can do it. That is a Businessman Mindset.

People going for corolla at this stage are either ignorant or brainwashed into believing that is the only tool.

Which other brand/model of vehicles would you recommend bro?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dapotemi: 11:56am On Jul 19, 2021
Blackbishop:

Check this out, you have 4 cars on the platform delivering 25k weekly that is 100k per week, as a business man you are not putting your home expenses on it. Per month you have 400k steady and you have up to par cars no weekly wahala.

So according to Dru he only run services and not major repair in 6 months that is 2.4milla. servicing and the minor repairs coat him 300k for the six months on all his cars that is a balance of 2.1milla left.

So as a business man he his making more profit.

Blackbishop, am sorry please you're not making sense. A corrolla is 2.5 mil on the average now. Please, what makes you think there wont be stories from one or two or even all the driver in one month....My driver only deliver for the first 3 weeks before i start getting HUGE stories, same with most of my friend that has cars on the platform. When i was looking for a driver, someone on this platform inform me NEVER to take a driver on this platform, due to stories..Wait, you actually think all this drivers on this thread deliver promptly, without stories? Lol
All the partners that picked drivers from this platform, abeg how many of them ends well, abeg leave story. na today...Ask Dru, ask Gazzuz, ask jpworld, ask carshopper or so..Some are on the fence now. e get why

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 11:59am On Jul 19, 2021
CheerfulGiver:
If I see brand new hybrid, Chei.

Hybrid is d game changer. I currently spend 4-5k daily on fuel. If this is cut by half that's N2,000-2,500 savings everyday. Minimum 12k in a week. That's half of rent for a full car already.

But unfortunately, we don't yet have affordable technicians/resources to manage/maintain hybrid cars in naija... Till then.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Godfather10: 12:02pm On Jul 19, 2021
CheerfulGiver:

Yes I've thought about it, but I haven't perfected my blue print.

The current Nigeria we live in is very bleak economically. The only way to change my own situation is hard work. I drive everyday, but I don't drive every time. I rest inbetween. I'm still home as I type but I must drive today with a daily target in mind. If I must have a fleet in future I have to lay the ground work, which I'm doing now.

If I must have drivers driving for me, none of them will gross less than 150k weekly. I cannot recruit anyone making darkness than I can. I won't tolerate excuses cos I'm in the game. I'll train and retrain them until they are hard boiled. I know how to push people.

Drivers delivering 45k weekly is possible and that's where I'm working on. What I've found out is that for 45k weekly delivery to be possible, I have to find a way to make drivers pay 15 - 20k less on fuel costs. In that way, paying me 45k will not affect their earnings, nor their lives.

If a driver who drives a Corolla, for instance, grosses 150k, and nets 120k after bolt payment. His fuel cost for the week is 30k. This leaves him with 90k. Out of 90k, he happily pays 30k to partner. Established fact here is that driver is happy after keeping 60k for himself.

I've identified the Toyota Prius. That car can cut down fuel costs by half. But until I drive a Prius for a full month myself, I cannot factually state that what I think about it's fuel saving abilities is a fact. I've also thought about diesel models, but I can't be factual if I haven't driven one.

Therefore, with my Prius permutations, driver grosses 150k, and nets 120k after bolt payment. His fuel cost for the week is 15k. This leaves him with 105k. Out of 105k, he happily pays 45k. Established fact here is that driver will also be happy after keeping 60k for himself.

Now if driver pushes harder and grosses 200k, you can imagine how much happier he'll be after paying 45k.

I like you sir. You think quite differently. My conclusion is lazy underperforming drivers, should be sifted like Stone from abakaliki rice, hard working ambition driven drivers should be recruited and then paired with a low fuel consumption car in great condition like a Prius, or Honda civic hybrid for optimum 45k weekly results.

Hybrid cars and corolla are priced similarly, funny enough.

Nothing like meeting a gentleman who sees beyond his present, and turns every opportunity into a blessing, l hope we can do business together in future,
I drive a Prius at the moment, its comfortable and very reliable, also durable, yes it will cut petrol expenses by 70%, its petrol consumption is very low, however it has a low ground clearance, i think its very well suited to the Nigerian environment, it loves traffic,
If you spend 4hrs in traffic the petrol usage is almost zero,
My fear though is mechanics , do we have mechanics that can fix them.
The battery is roughly the same price of a Corolla engine,
I look forward to meeting you, l love your optimism and outlook.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 12:15pm On Jul 19, 2021
shollywendy1:

Boss, na you we wan ordain. Na you go pay now. Make we no change tradition.
Pearl1910 will list the requirements for us
I don't want tithe again

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by LilX: 12:19pm On Jul 19, 2021
Godfather10:

As a matter of principle i dont quibble with low iQ, inconsequential beings, with narrow minds and greedy brains, the e-hailing platforms have incresed fares and the whole system has been redesigned to ensure operators earn more, its a shame that drivers are hiding this fact

It is you who is very greedy. Go out there and drive your car than looking for someone to enslave

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 12:20pm On Jul 19, 2021
Pearl1910:

How much is he going to pay or are you going to pay grin
Na u Dem wan ordain na, so na u go drop ordination fee
Na wetin I go chop I dey find no be wetin go chop me

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dapotemi: 12:22pm On Jul 19, 2021
CheerfulGiver:
I drive my own car. And here's my current weekly earnings. I'll quote you again at the end of today

No police, no lastma, no mechanic, no repairs.

I only added a liter of engine oil cos I realized my oil was short just after 3000 miles from last service.

Look for another name to use for your analysis. I have broken all shackles.

Apologies Cheerfulgiver..I know you drive your own car, a matrix if i can remember.

Yes, i see all the hardwork you put in to achieve this feat. They have accuse you of different thing; saka,shared account etc.

The truth is, because you are open with what most driver have sworn an oath to protect, for reason 's' best known to them.

About 3 month ago, i assist to facilitate a small job for a guy on my street, he's into ehailing and when i told him the salary is just 100k, he rejected it!

I was shock, he finished nysc just last year. He sincerely told me that he makes more money on ehailing and he can only leave for atleast 150k.

Yes, i understand what IFHR was saying, something about CONTRACT, yes we signed a contract and i intend to honor it.

Drivers here should stop pegging rent at 25k as if it is cast in stone, it is worth more than that! You are making money, pay what is fair!

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ebimaakeke: 12:25pm On Jul 19, 2021
dapotemi:

Apologies Cheerfulgiver..I know you drive your own car, a matrix if i can remember.

Yes, i see all the hardwork you put in to achieve this feat. They have accuse you of different thing; saka,shared account etc.

The truth is, because you are open with what most driver have sworn an oath to protect, for reason 's' best known to them.

About 3 month ago, i assist to facilitate a small job for a guy on my street, he's into ehailing and when i told him the salary is just 100k, he rejected it!

I was shock, he finished nysc just last year. He sincerely told me that he makes more money on ehailing and he can only leave for atleast 150k.

Yes, i understand what IFHR was saying, something about CONTRACT, yes we signed a contract and i intend to honor it.

Drivers here should stop pegging rent at 25k as if it is cast in stone, it is worth more than that! You are making money, pay what is fair!

Brave Switch & Young Co. Ltd. is in need of an experienced driver.

Experienced Driver Needed.
with at least five years of experience in driving in Lagos.
must be familiar with Lagos road.

must reside within Badore or Langbasa, Ado Road, Ajah, Lagos.

if interested, kindly send your CV to
wecare@braveswitchyoung.com

For more info about Brave Switch & Young Co. Ltd.
Visit our social media pages and website.

YouTude:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfKU4Co8MBE
Facebook: http:///FB_BraveSwitchY
Twitter: http:///Twitter_BraveSwitchY
LinkedIn: http:///LinkedIn_BraveSwitchY
IG: http:///IG_BraveSwitchY

http://www.braveswitchyoung.com
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by HRHQueenPhil(f): 12:41pm On Jul 19, 2021
Guys,
I just found out the owner of heavy duty trucks that can carry your metric tonnes of goods is looking for money so if u want to hire trucks to any state in Nigeria and African countries, they will assist u for small money
I tried them and they were so prompt, kept giving me updates till they arrived and careful with my goods..I know my fellow biz pple esp agro commodities crave this kind of service..Holla at me , they are not paying me but I like to tell others good news when I hear..that's how I became a business woman..someone gave me idea too kiss kiss 08112658211
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Godfather10: 12:43pm On Jul 19, 2021
SHOOPSYN:

I drive for 12hrs everyday, one becomes used to it, 6am to 6pm, then to the Gym for an hour, at times times morning Gym then l work11.30am to 11.30pm.
If you are not lazy and you eat correctly its easy,
Off days Monday, Wednesday sometimes nothing like off if l havent met my target.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dapotemi: 12:44pm On Jul 19, 2021
deedee44:

Oga employer, with a heavy heart I'm breaking it to you that you are not anybody's employer. If you rent a shop, is the shop owner your employer?
The person driving your car is not your driver, he's your business partner. If you request and coincidentally he's the one that comes to pick you, my brother you're paying for that trip and you may even chop 1 star join.
Please try and read more about rent, let and lease then you will understand that once you give out your property in exchange for money, you have no business with how much the person makes with your property. Your argument is like renting out a shop and telling the person he/she will be paying you 66% of his/her profit monthly because you are the one that spent millions building the shop.

LOL, we no dey see all this boldness when coming to BEG for a car....one that is old enough to be my father was almost prostrating for me the other day...I will tell you a yoruba adage; Ti aja ba jeun yo tan.........
You guys keep using "shop" in your analysis; as if a landlord gives out his key to his house/shop without first getting paid!
Me, am only hoping that i will be paid! A shop owner does not hope!

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Godfather10: 12:53pm On Jul 19, 2021
LilX:

It is you who is very greedy. Go out there and drive your car than looking for someone to enslave

Lazy Bugger
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 1:00pm On Jul 19, 2021
SHOOPSYN:
Dru welldone.. grin. your strategy eventually worked out. Lure drivers with 2k challenge to upload dashboards(dashboards that doesn't mostly translate to money in your account) and now, onwers are bent on increasing rent or 40k/60k. But the truth is, except you decide to drive your car, drivers will always have larger share because they really deserve it. Please where is @BAZO? your silence in all these is begining to be suspicious. grin. My Boss @, I hail sir.

My Oga, how far?

It's been long I saw you oh. Hope you're good?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 1:01pm On Jul 19, 2021
Abeg let this partner rent and all that die.

I'm thinking of how to do something differently in the ehailing sector.

I need to hammer like Bolt and Uber angry

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by IFSHR: 1:11pm On Jul 19, 2021
dapotemi:

LOL, we no dey see all this boldness when coming to BEG for a car....one that is old enough to be my father was almost prostrating for me the other day...I will tell you a yoruba adage; Ti aja ba jeun yo tan.........
You guys keep using "shop" in your analysis; as if a landlord gives out his key to his house/shop without first getting paid!
Me, am only hoping that i will be paid! A shop owner does not hope!

Do you need to be lectured that failure for a driver to meet up with his rental fee after two weeks the contract is made void and you have every right to retrieve your car back....give out your car at a rent that suits you, there is no fixed rental price....all that exist is just a market price ....

Why do we people just like creating fuss where there is non ....

Give out your car under your own rules, look around for those that can meet those rules, if they can't, you keep it till you find a match ..it's not rocket science...

The problem of rental fee started when novice investor venture into the business, their number one question is always "how much can I charge per week for rental" the answer you will always get is the market rental price" which is always dictated by supply - demand ratio....

Dru charges 25k.....his decision

Oluomo PA wants 40k..... His decision as well.

This decision is personal but it will only become a crisis if your rent falls much above the equilibrium index, but that can be managed, if the reasons for your hike is probably you offering a brand new car, a high year car, or maybe a hybrid car that uses less fuel.

So let's quit all this nagging and gnashing of teeth abeggy

12 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Blackbishop(m): 1:14pm On Jul 19, 2021
dapotemi:

Blackbishop, am sorry please you're not making sense. A corrolla is 2.5 mil on the average now. Please, what makes you think there wont be stories from one or two or even all the driver in one month....My driver only deliver for the first 3 weeks before i start getting HUGE stories, same with most of my friend that has cars on the platform. When i was looking for a driver, someone on this platform inform me NEVER to take a driver on this platform, due to stories..Wait, you actually think all this drivers on this thread deliver promptly, without stories? Lol
All the partners that picked drivers from this platform, abeg how many of them ends well, abeg leave story. na today...Ask Dru, ask Gazzuz, ask jpworld, ask carshopper or so..Some are on the fence now. e get why

Bro first you jump through stuff without a sense of understanding.where in my narration did you see analysing with a corolla and specifically used Dru as an example. Cuz almost everybody knows civic is synonymous to Dru
And times without numbers have they specifically highlight the importance of how to Minimise expenses and maximise profit.

Deadbeat business men like you run into lose becuz you fail to read thru the steps of running a business.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (3845) (3846) (3847) (3848) (3849) (3850) (3851) ... (5692) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: dapotemi and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.