Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,802 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:26 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (3899) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4761045 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3896) (3897) (3898) (3899) (3900) (3901) (3902) ... (5694) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by spartacus11(m): 11:31pm On Aug 03, 2021
Beautifulsoul97:
Bolt/Uber driver needed. Corolla 2004, 30k weekly delivery, 2 verifiable guarantor needed, 50k security deposit needed. You must be active either on bolt/Uber or indriver. Contact me via email: yomies654321@outlook.com. If you get scoin scoin for head, gamblers or do drugs BIKO skip this advert. Drivers in Alimosho and its environs are welcome

Benin partners where are you people

Some of us are in need of rental or HP
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 11:43pm On Aug 03, 2021
XGhost:

how many people do these things??

Nice write up and I agree with everything you put up there 100%.
I feel there is a mix up or little misunderstanding. Nobody is trying to discourage people from joining the hustle or say there is no money in driving compared to paid employment.
We only talk about the reality of the job compared to paid employment and dashboards. (E.g you can net 100k easily every week ) Haba how easy ?
And this is my stand any day anytime comparing ehailing to employment in Nigeria
1. Did you go to school university or masters to graduate and start driving Uber ?
2. In career projection job, you can keep developing yourself and years of experience counts to move to another job or level or relocate outside Nigeria where you will be appreciated.
Pls what CV & experience will an Uber driver drop ?
3. How long can you drive as a career ? Let’s assume you drive for 5yrs and buy 1 car every year. After 5yrs you hang boot and seat at home ? Same way Abefeabebi just told us he worked in government school and was able to pay 500k upfront and own a car in 11 months. He still have his job and a car and can repeat that every year

I agree that it’s easier to make more money driving in less hours than previous years due to surge and increase in fare. But at the same time
Dollars has increased to N500
Parts increased
Corolla of 1.5m is now 2.5 m
Fuel too increased from N87 to N165.
Ordinary Mobil 1 oyel price changed someone to super tech ambassador

Las las time will tell
Ehailing is survival of the fittest. The weak will drop out the strong will continue.
May God continue to bless and protect us

24 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by DriverX: 11:48pm On Aug 03, 2021
Beautifulsoul97:
Bolt/Uber driver needed. Corolla 2004, 30k weekly delivery, 2 verifiable guarantor needed, 50k security deposit needed. You must be active either on bolt/Uber or indriver. Contact me via email: yomies654321@outlook.com. If you get scoin scoin for head, gamblers or do drugs BIKO skip this advert. Drivers in Alimosho and its environs are welcome

Thunder

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tojahh(m): 11:49pm On Aug 03, 2021
All these big "Men" wey full thing thread sef.

If person meet una now for rental, una no go give am. Na to come here come hype una days as a driver. Most if not all of una no get drivers here but una wan force drivers change narrative to suit una.

Drivers sef, una dey feel una be the only important person in this parole because na una dey do the hustle so no one can tell you what you (know) don't know. I employ y'all to calm down, everyone success is targeted towards taking care of their immediate need.

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by phredrique(m): 12:22am On Aug 04, 2021
Good morning guys
Please I need a rental car for e-hailing . Here is my digit 08024978766 and 09053642145
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Teeders(m): 12:39am On Aug 04, 2021
Wetin we wan call this one bayi? Ment?�

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 12:59am On Aug 04, 2021
Beautifulsoul97:

See advert ooh.
Na to do mental and drug test be4 employing driver grin

[img]https://media1./images/7d5b9d7341d10667f2867a892370eb28/tenor.gif?itemid=13738821[/img]

11 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by shegun4sur: 3:53am On Aug 04, 2021
tojahh:
All these big "Men" wey full thing thread sef.

If person meet una now for rental, una no go give am. Na to come here come hype una days as a driver. Most if not all of una no get drivers here but una wan force drivers change narrative to suit una.

Drivers sef, una dey feel una be the only important person in this parole because na una dey do the hustle so no one can tell you what you (know) don't know. I employ y'all to calm down, everyone success is targeted towards taking care of their immediate need.

The word is implore not employ!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 4:09am On Aug 04, 2021
abefeabebi:
Great house,just to share my experience so far in this hustle.
Started this hustle around September without any experience in e hailing at all, I was lucky to see a tokunbo car for 2million on HP from a family friend. Corolla 03 to be precise. am working in a government school, so I only work on weekends and I was able to pay 1.5m for the car within 11month after paying 500k up front before taking the car. Today am signing my car paper as owner right now. Now I can say I am financially independent,bcs with this am rest assured of seeing something meaningful every weekend.

Thanks to Mr Felicity for giving some tips back then,and thanks to others that share their experiences here all the time. I don't joke with this thread,I always use this thread to relax every night for the past 3years even ever before joining the hustle,it's really helped me so much.

Now we move, slow and steady

Congratulations... and for taking the bold step congratulations again.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 4:17am On Aug 04, 2021
Ayoola003:
Good Evening Guyz.

I'm a newbie on this thread and I'm about to start this hustle on the weekends only.

Apart from Drivers licence, do I also need Lasdri card and Driver Badge before I can start driving on Bolt?

I'm done with registration, my driver application is accepted and ready to use.

Now, my question here is;

Do I still need to go to Bolt office for inspection even after my account is activated?

If ur account is active and u can now take trips, go ahead and work until u r asked to go for inspection. If u r free and think u want to do inspection, u can still do it and upload your report.

Ladri and Drivers badge aren't compulsory, whether u get it or not doesn't affect your access to the system.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 4:18am On Aug 04, 2021
ndubuisi2021:
Guys, what does this mean? Trying to see if I can beat Cheerfulgiverr: hands down by grossing 1M this month signing up on Bolt grin

I have done the training online but can't go online to receive trips. Sent them an email already with no response. Do I have to go to their office?

CC:
My ni*ga Felicity001, Ghost1994, Pope, Gentlelife50 and the rest of the legends.

Click the link there and do the training then send them a mail.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Juwonmania(m): 5:18am On Aug 04, 2021
I sent a mail, kindly revert back sir.
Thanks.
Beautifulsoul97:
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Akinwunmy(m): 5:40am On Aug 04, 2021
2006 Pontiac Vibe foreign used for anyone interested in HP.

500k down-payment is required for HP.

Total package: 3.5m

+13018919179 (Whatsapp)

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tojahh(m): 6:26am On Aug 04, 2021
shegun4sur:

The word is implore not employ!

Oh sorry Otunba. Thanks for the correction.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kanuisagoat: 6:53am On Aug 04, 2021
FuckEveryday:

See ehn, sometime in my life(few years ago) I had the privilege of working in a microfinance bank. That job changed my narrative about cooperate jobs in Nigeria. (Banking)

No shade to UBA and First bank, but there staffs are nothing to write home about financially. The amount of loans they pay to the company I worked for made me shiver.

As at then, the entry level salary was 70k, staffs from the 5-9th floor if I remember correctly earned around 150k - 300k

We had just one customer on the 11th or 12th floor if I remember correctly...he earned arnd 800k plus allowance of 100kplus every 2weeks.

Now this is not heresays. These are people who literally beg me to come pick up there bank statements at there office in Marina. All those banks in Marina was my second office cus I go every now and den to pick up statements and post dated cheques. These guys hv close to nothing left in there accts even 1week after receiving salary, at most 2weeks...even the once collecting Allowance are worse..cus they even borrow more money than the ones earning lower salaries.

Now I'm not saying cooperate jobs are bad, but the way Uber job is disrespected in this thread is crazy..if you can't bear the struggles of struggling with lekki girls, kindly stick to your cooperate job. But if it's a bank job...I can only promise you it's nothing but Suits, Vibes and insha'Allah..

False. Full staff with banks earn decent salary. Asides their salary, they collect yearly bonuses, upfront every January, leave allowance, 13th month salary, full and comprehensive HMO e.t.c

Maybe I have to go a little personal to drive home my point.

My wife's salary is over 300k. By the time you add those bonuses and allowances over the course of the year, she easily takes in 400k every month. You still think that's vibes and insha Allah for someone who only just started working in 2018?

And you know the good part about their work? They are eligible for promotions. As they get promoted, so does their salary and all allowances increase.

Just do your uber in peace but don't even attempt to denigrate those bankers you see. You will hardly live a better life than them on your Uber "job" alone.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 7:05am On Aug 04, 2021
kanuisagoat:

False. Full staff with banks earn decent salary. Asides their salary, they collect yearly bonuses, upfront every January, leave allowance, 13th month salary, full and comprehensive HMO e.t.c

Maybe I have to go a little personal to drive home my point.

My wife's salary is over 300k. By the time you add those bonuses and allowances over the course of the year, she easily takes in 400k every month. You still think that's vibes and insha Allah for someone who only just started working in 2017?

And you know the good part about their work? They are eligible for promotions. As they get promoted, so does their salary and all allowances increase.

Just do your uber in peace but don't even attempt to denigrate those bankers you see. You will hardly live a better life than them on your Uber "job" alone.

Okokobiokoooooo
You say
Coming from you our Goat on this thread.
Ahn ahn “just do your Uber in peace

[img]https://media1./images/46c075c9408d33d1e7e6387cfc51ff1d/tenor.gif?itemid=14666818[/img]

21 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tunlapapa: 7:14am On Aug 04, 2021
BAZ001:

See advert ooh.
Na to do mental and drug test be4 employing renting out vehicle to a driver grin

[img]https://media1./images/7d5b9d7341d10667f2867a892370eb28/tenor.gif?itemid=13738821[/img]

Corrected.
Drivers are not employees.

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kanuisagoat: 7:18am On Aug 04, 2021
BAZ001:

Okokobiokoooooo
You say

[img]https://media1./images/46c075c9408d33d1e7e6387cfc51ff1d/tenor.gif?itemid=14666818[/img]

Your own na to dey put fire cheesy

And I have just confirmed she resumed in 2018 so I have modified accordingly.

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 7:18am On Aug 04, 2021
kanuisagoat:

Everybody come ooohhhhhh
Nooo nooo my eyes must be deceiving me.

2017 or 2018 same niii

From today no more arguments or comments from me on this matter.
Ahn Ahn
This is case close.

[img]https://media./images/b51347cf404423a07fcef1dcef159f8d/tenor.gif[/img]

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 7:24am On Aug 04, 2021
tunlapapa:

Corrected.
Drivers are not employees.

My bad,
I’m sorry Baba most have been sleep typing.
Thanks for the correction.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 7:41am On Aug 04, 2021
kanuisagoat:

Asides their salary, they collect yearly bonuses, upfront every January, leave allowance, 13th month salary, full and comprehensive HMO [/b]e.t.c

And you know the good part about their work? They are eligible for promotions. [b]As they get promoted, so does their salary and all allowances increase.

This last part has reset my brain finally.
You will hardly live a better life than them

[img]https://media1./images/2dbd3b248c1a98150f5d8b9e60b1ca45/tenor.gif?itemid=13314060[/img]

Thank you FuckEveryday and kanuisagoat.
I’m taking a leave on this thread to go and pursue my career cos I want a better life.

[img]https://media1./images/e6dfa2caef2e307a774e7c63aa791e45/tenor.gif?itemid=20787248[/img]

12 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 7:43am On Aug 04, 2021
Advision:
I am happy to see mindsets are now changing towards the opportunities this hussle provides.

What cheerfulgiver makes in a month is what a manager in a big four consulting firm makes (probably less the bonus). For those that will argue its gross not net, the real net that most employees can count on from what their employers pay them is probably 75% or less. transportation, dressing, managing bosses n customers and other expenses cost a lot.

About 2 years ago, there was this lady that I took to the Island for 2.5k. She she saw I was dressed for work myself, she asked for an offline arrangement for 2k every morning.

After a while of our arrangement, I got to knw where she worked and here role. Madam likely doesnt earn more than 250k, yet to keep her appearance sparkling (which was necessary for he role) n for comfort she spends 10k every week on going to work alone.

After we got comfortable with each other, I made the mistake of opening up to her on what I make driving part time n weekends (nothing less 120k in the worst months). Madam went further to check my linkedin profile to see where I worked. Madam started skipping payments afterwards smiley. Had to end the arrangement by telling her I am taking a leave of absence at the office.

Some here may not realise but what many of your riders earn in a month is not up to what a hard working driver makes in a month, particularly when the car is his.

Let's learn to be grateful for the opportunity this hussle provides to step on to greater things. A winning mindset is one that sees a cup as half full and I am inspire by what I see some drivers here doing to also double my hussle.

For the ones that will complain that 40k a week is too much, too much police wahala, they have to spend 20k treating malaria, the job is too hazardous, they need hmo and pension grin....they are people leading others to a pit

Been there done that...I keep saying it, for me any job that can't pay 400k monthly isnt worth my time.
And I advise if ur job is 100k and below and u have opportunity to drive, take the car.
But by all means do what ur power can carry. Or what gives u fulfilment.
My quarel with some of them is when they want people to think driving is suffer head and peanuts even in the face of clear and valid proove.

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 7:49am On Aug 04, 2021
dapotemi:

Honestly, they dont know and i wish they dont learn it the hard way.. Like i said earlier, someone rejected a 100k job offer from me because he prefers driving, he makes more and he's on rental.. If you think those riders you pick up everyday are doing better than you because they're on shirt and tie, with d figures i see here, then you're a joker.. Better take this hussle very seriously, because you are actually earning more than most of us in Victoria island/Ikoyi/Lekki/Ikeja...and if you think its stressful due to malaria/police/lastma wahala on d road, come to the OFFICE and see bigger wahala.. You dont appreciate d FLEXIBILITY advantage you have now, your eyes go clear soon... You wake up on ur own time and term, you decide where to drive to, you decide to park and take lunch, at any time, anywhere, you CLOSE anytime, and you decide to work or sleep the next day. Great flexibility, dont lose it.. Hustle and get your own CAR....
Read my post for the last one week, i have lost about 70k within d last 6 days, just because my office cant give me just 3 hours to quickly go supervise a proj and some boys i put on it. But you, you're making d money and yet highly flexible.. Again, FLEXIBILITY, dont lose it for peanut.. If i display cheerfulgiver dashboard for my next presentation here, more than 70% go consider resignation. Many can afford 3 corolla on their first day of resignation. He's not doing anything special from what i have seen, no be juju, just COMMITMENT. Do the time and simply get rewarded....and leave all this health ambassador to their doom, which is nigh.

That's it!!!
That freedom and flexibility and still making my monthly salary in 2weeks is what made me quite my job.

But some people will feel better or more important if they work in an office. So let everybody do what they like. But if u want to know the potentials in the business, we r ready to tell.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by MrCarter577(m): 8:02am On Aug 04, 2021
People who think and act like you have smelly underwear; you wash and towel-dry yours in your room - everywhere stinks. Focus on things that are more important to you. This childish and uncouth behaviour is a perfect example of a low class airhead!
Felicity001:

If you dont want people to know the color of your under wear why dry it outside the compound??

Young man this is a public space and anybody/everybody has the absolute autonomy to criticise, comment, attack, support and share their opinion without any form of fear or reframe so if you don't want people to comment on your matter abeg don't bring it on SM you hear so?

Truth is a bitter pile to swallow so I understand your frustration that I gave it to you uncoated, spite it out if you don't like the bitterness but be ready to suffer the pain when it comes back hitting you hard

Peace.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 8:07am On Aug 04, 2021
Pearl1910:

Click the link there and do the training then send them a mail.

Aiit bro. Thanks
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 8:09am On Aug 04, 2021
BAZ001:

Okokobiokoooooo
You say

grin grin I woke around 4am and update myself of the posts here, as I was about to post here, I just smh... use the back tap, it's not necessary, but find solace in one thing, at least we can compare Uber to top managers that earn 250k(either is a fo*l paradise or not), feels good my nigga grin

Transportation business like food supply business has always been cash spinning business, if not the GIG, Ekene and ABC of year to years won't b there, but wot sustain them thus far is process and they kind of have control over their market. That's that!

Presently to drive on e hailing is better than some of the jobs out there and I don't think this should b disputed, but comparing it to top manager is alarming and pollute tots. Leaves r green, does not necessarily make all leaves green, wot u make in a day is someone's kick back. I have always tell ppl, forget clean and fancy office, just give me office wit bad table crested FG/106/BG21, just tell me to b cutting ticket or approve documents. What am I looking for again? I don't even need salary. Need we know, these people r open to so many hidden benefits, their pension may even come with a house, who pays bolt drivers pension? All u are, is all u can rip here, d day ur engine off, u off b that. How many years do u think u can drive from this day? I'll move to other thing. What are the things? It's not ur business. But we care enough to care for people as been presented now and when it's time for elevation, business becomes private

Note: no body is discouraging anyone, just as my people we say London no easy e no easy, una they always feel like say we they plough money for tree. Ehn! Come back home nah? Wahala grin the field is open and big enough for everyone to try, but I feel a bit of apprehension will make one watch out more, than full blown chest of anticipation. I have done enough businesses to understand what's on paper and reality don't match most if the time, even when we feel all has been figured out, damn! Reality pull a strong one.

And for that guy using doom on phantom, don't know if u guys check words before using them, is it a wish or a cause. I don't wish anybody downfall regards of view, we r human and bound to have different views, which is fine as long u don't force it on other. Live and let live. Lets breath some fresh air fam

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 8:09am On Aug 04, 2021
XGhost:

You and Dapotemi basically spoke my mind... I'd just been too busy to type. Standing on the existing premises let me give guys that can think here some perspective and context.

A 9 to 5 = 8 hours at work. Because the person lives in on the farther parts of the mainland where MOST of the state's population live, he has to be at the bus stop by 6 (Many have to be earlier)
So conservatively he uses 3 hours to commute to and from work. that's 6 hours daily. Add time at work, that's 14hrs. Add 1 hour of waking up and getting ready for work= 15 hours.
If you live anywhere beyond Ikeja, we can easily add another 2 to 3 hours to this as many of them have to leave the house before 5 and get home like 9 10pm give or take.
And most of the people living in these parts, even Ajah and beyond make slightly more than 100k, if at all.

Now you the Uber man, like me, today I went online 5am. I don't have a commute, it's straight to work, 6pm I'm home which is where I'm typing this from. That's a cumulative of 13 hours. During these 13 hours, I wasn't driving for 13 hours straight, I did 15 trips. There were wait times i.e waiting for trips/waiting for rider to come out etc. Also there was 1 hour break for rest and recharge. All in all 13 hours sha.

Now if I continue like this and work 5 days only and conservatively, I'll net 50k a week =200k a month = 2.4m a year. My conservative projection was 250k a month 3M a year, but since I met cheerfulgiver, it became clear I could/should do better. Now that conservative projection is 350k a month, 4.2M a year, which is close to a manager's salary in a solid company. Compare this with the office guy making 150 a month 1.8M a year. This guy dresses well and all but he makes less per hour committed to work.
Crown all of this with the independence I enjoy, LORD, you have to be paying some really serious money to take that from me o. The people who you guys seem to envy don't have this, AND they don't make as much money AND all of us de dey Lagos traffic, but I get paid to sit in it.

SO why should I think I'm in an undesirable position?? Because people perceive me to be so? How anybody acts and carries on is a reflection of them NOT ME. If you enter my car and speak rudely is a reflection of you. It says much about you, how I respond says much about me. Don't get me wrong o, I've had to rip a few riders a new one but generally, ESPECIALLY NOW,I've come to realise that many of the things we perceive as insults or affronts, na just our fragile ego feeling bruised so I'm even calmer now, more patient, even maybe understanding sef because I can't imagine being an olosho and I go de happy...unless I really like sex. So when these girls act up sometimes, I feel more pity than anger. But I feel none of that for the boys o, I sabi vex for G-boys cos Yahoo no be work, na crime.

So why all the pessimism? The purpose of this thread is to share experiences on the job. Na only bad experience Una de get? How do people, newbies, other drivers learn if all that's shared here is negativity. It'll just be a cycle of ill vibes that will be carried over to the job because since na the only narrative then that's what's being advocated.
Unfortunately it's all a self esteem issue. You feel you're getting the short end of the stick. You'd rather work in an office and make 200k if you're lucky. E-hailing is just a last resort and na condition make your crayfish bend. "If no be as things be, will this small girl talk to me like this?" Have you seen where a girl in her twenties heads a unit in the office and her team members are much older and she will scold them like children? We all carry them na, and we hear them talk. Those English speaking chics with abroad master's degrees. Abi na only me de carry them ni? You think it's only in your car people are toxic? Lol

Yesterday I dropped a rider at Allen, (the one I refunded to), while I was still at the parked there I called bae, she said she de around Allen, na so work finish for the day, it was past 2. Earnings was 14k after commission. We went to spur at ICM to eat, hung out for a bit, I dropped her off, 7pm I don de house, past 9 I slept to wake up 4.20. I try to make sure I get at least 6 hours of sleep, preferably 7, but I'm not really a sleep person unless I'm completely knackered. At the end of the day, 5k still gum me reach house o. Basically I own me, well, madam owns me but... You sha get the picture. Could I have continued working? YES. Today, I've covered up for yesterday so account still de on track.
I don't work plenty hours like you guys like to insinuate, I don't have a bucket in my boot and I obviously don't sleep inside car. Sometimes, like today, you have a hot hand so you just keep playing until the house tells you it's enough.
I try to appear nice, speak with good diction, dress well, wear H&C shirts, Lugs sneakers and I braid my hair.

Now tell me why should I feel inferior to anybody or suffer a crises of self esteem WHY

Guys, chill. You can make money if you want, do anything, light oven, sleep, whatever... Whatever you will attract similar, it's that simple.
However let's lift one another, that's the best way to rise. That is the purpose of this thread.

Today's 2k.

Your IQ is very high.
There is a price to pay for every gain.
Just choose your pain wisely.
If u want to use your youthful years inside office, with shirt and tie and collect 80k, it's ur choice.
Shebi someone just paid for HP driving only weekends.
He will go to office Mon to Fri, but because he wants to make more, he has a target, a dream and a vision, weekend he will enter road again. I can bet what he makes in 8days days rivals his 23 days pay. If not that it's govt work, ask me if that guy wouldn't have resigned since. Even if his target was to use ehailing and get a car in one year it's an achievement.
I will always counter those people who want to preach false about ehailing.
I am not against anybodies choice because I know it's not everybody that is cut out for this work...afteral Bazzo already said people making it in ehailing are super humans wink ... but let's just set things straight.
@Abefeabebi pls don't be offended at this analysis.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 8:11am On Aug 04, 2021
FuckEveryday:

See ehn, sometime in my life(few years ago) I had the privilege of working in a microfinance bank. That job changed my narrative about cooperate jobs in Nigeria. (Banking)

No shade to UBA and First bank, but there staffs are nothing to write home about financially. The amount of loans they pay to the company I worked for made me shiver.

As at then, the entry level salary was 70k, staffs from the 5-9th floor if I remember correctly earned around 150k - 300k

We had just one customer on the 11th or 12th floor if I remember correctly...he earned arnd 800k plus allowance of 100kplus every 2weeks.

Now this is not heresays. These are people who literally beg me to come pick up there bank statements at there office in Marina. All those banks in Marina was my second office cus I go every now and den to pick up statements and post dated cheques. These guys hv close to nothing left in there accts even 1week after receiving salary, at most 2weeks...even the once collecting Allowance are worse..cus they even borrow more money than the ones earning lower salaries.

Now I'm not saying cooperate jobs are bad, but the way Uber job is disrespected in this thread is crazy..if you can't bear the struggles of struggling with lekki girls, kindly stick to your cooperate job. But if it's a bank job...I can only promise you it's nothing but Suits, Vibes and insha'Allah..

Pls tell them, we need more knowledge sharing like this. So people can make the right decisions. Life and time waits for no one.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 8:15am On Aug 04, 2021
Idaytesj29:
I came across an offer for a Mazda 6 on HP for uber business. This type I attached. Pls, is the car fit for uber, maintenance, fuel economy etc.

Its 2.7 on HP.

Should I go ahead? Does anyone uses this car for the business?

I believe Mazda6 carries a V6 engine. Asides the fuel consumption, u r fine. But don't expect to get the rugedity and endurance a Toyota or Honda will provide when u hit it with ehailing stress. Cost of parts are average. A friend has two Mazda3 on ehailing

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 8:20am On Aug 04, 2021
BAZ001:

See advert ooh.
Na to do mental and drug test be4 employing driver grin

See you... experience is the best teacher..u never see anything

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 8:22am On Aug 04, 2021
Felicity001:

Its okay bro just relax and use the time to rest well, eat well, sleep and relax your mind trust me you'll be good after the few hrs your account is being unlocked.

Note: you must have a 100% score on both test, you must watch the videos before being allowed to attempt the questions and answers sections. After taking the test send a mail to them with the email you registered with making sure you include the mobile number you used in registering as well. You account will be unlocked with 24-48hrs after doing all of these. You can always retake the test if you didn't score 100%

For the now, relax! And one last thing stop that competition you have in your head everybody no be de-same.

You cant compare a single guy without any form of responsibility with a married man with kids. The bachelor don't have anybody waiting for him at home so he can sleep anywhere curfew meets him inside his car but the married man can't do that unless he's irresponsible. The only person you should have a contest with is yourself.

Peace.

Thanks Felicity. But guy you like epistles sha. The reference to beating Cheerfulgiver earnings was a joke. I'm just trying to give Bolt a try since I only use Uber and Indriver before I paused this side hustle a few months back to focus on another project.

Anyways, you are right about it not being a competition. I don't drive more than 6 - 8hrs the days I come out to work full. My target is always 10k a day or going home at 2pm, whichever comes first.

Slow and steady is the only guarantee for longevity and even making more money in the long run in this hustle, that I know for a fact.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 8:28am On Aug 04, 2021
Gentlelife50:

It could mean a couple of things, but you have been blocked though there's still hope. Once you are done with retraining you may get ur account back.

Thanks boss. I'm just trying to sign up on their platform as a first timer. I will do the online training again and send them a mail or possibly call them. I appreciate the response.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3896) (3897) (3898) (3899) (3900) (3901) (3902) ... (5694) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: Omoapena(m), ksmart027(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 137
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.