Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,802 members, 7,844,608 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 01:08 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (3917) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4837012 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3914) (3915) (3916) (3917) (3918) (3919) (3920) ... (5713) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 9:36am On Aug 10, 2021
CheerfulGiver:
Mehn, you're unbelievable.

You have driven for over a year. You have been driving since the time of Romeo3 according to what you said. Is it okay for me to believe your mentality is messed up?

There is no qualifications needed for driving taxi except hunger and the fear of hunger.

Nooooooo I said I learnt a lot reading from Romeo3.
I’ve not driven for a year on the platform in totality.
2019 - I drove for only 5months.
2021- start driving part time in March as side hustle. ( cos I have a car, more time and want more money)
I don’t drive every week.
I’m addicted to this thread and I don’t know why.
Yes my mentality almost got messed up, interacting with olosho, touts, fake alerts, oven, fear of robbery and police/Lastma everyday.
A young guy can easily start doing yahoo if he sees the way small boys spend money and he’s driving them.
Driving to earn a living is not easy for me, unlike you and the ants.

14 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 9:37am On Aug 10, 2021
CheerfulGiver:
Under warranty or not?
Well I don't know the details, all I know is we travelled to osun state and whenever there was traffic we would have to roll down the windows because AC would stop chilling

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Blackbishop(m): 9:38am On Aug 10, 2021
BAZ001:

Team Blackbishop and pearl1910
“Sorry to say”, “With due respect “
And then drop fire.

[img]https://media./images/d12134fb136d2e4891389553d9088a10/tenor.gif[/img]

Baba free us now. Lol.....
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 9:39am On Aug 10, 2021
Nezzjnr:

Enter Agric.... You won't even use up to 1m

There are load of informations in the Agric section... Meet a Practical Farmer

Goodluck!!!!

Are you serious? He won't need up to a million on agriculture? In this era of modern and mechanized farming?

What kind of farming are you looking at with less than N1m, is it crop and vegetable cultivation, Horticulture, Fishery, animal husbandry, snailry or what exactly??

Land acquisition and preparation alone how much do you think it will cost? Let alone logistic...

My brother agroprenuer na big man business oh n u need plenty of capital and experience so no talk am at all unless you just want to suffer like those farmers in the village. The reason out forefathers succeeded in farming those days was because they had plenty wives with lots of children, servants and free lands... All of these put together was a good work force to propel their farm. Mind you most of those lands then where virgin land so you don't need any form of fertilizer like we need today. Can you compare the quality of food those days with today? No!

Unless you want to plant just vegetables like Ugu(ponkins) or ewedu or waterleaf or efo on a plot of land then you can say less than a million should be enough... Vegetables other than that on a large scale will definitely cost you a lot of money.

This is the truth and nothing but the truth.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nezzjnr: 9:51am On Aug 10, 2021
Felicity0001:

Are you serious? He won't need up to a million on agriculture? In this era of modern and mechanized farming?

What kind of farming are you looking at with less than N1m, is it crop and vegetable cultivation, Horticulture, Fishery, animal husbandry, snailry or what exactly??

Land acquisition and preparation alone how much do you think it will cost? Let alone logistic...

My brother agroprenuer na big man business oh n u need plenty of capital and experience so no talk am at all unless you just want to suffer like those farmers in the village. The reason out forefathers succeeded in farming those days was because they had plenty wives with lots of children, servants and free lands... All of these put together was a good work force to propel their farm. Mind you most of those lands then where virgin land so you don't need any form of fertilizer like we need today. Can you compare the quality of food those days with today? No!

Unless you want to plant just vegetables like Ugu(ponkins) or ewedu or waterleaf or efo on a plot of land then you can say less than a million should be enough... Vegetables other than that on a large scale will definitely cost you a lot of money.

Leasing of an acre of land per year is 5k to 10k

Land preparation won't exceed 20k

Seeds purchase is valued from 90k to 120k

Drip irrigation is 300k

Other inputs will amount to 300k

If a practicing Farmer knows what he's doing... He'll reduce cost and still get a lot of harvests

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nezzjnr: 9:56am On Aug 10, 2021
Felicity0001:

If anyone is spending a lot of money on Agric... It should simply go to Nutrition and irrigation.

Anything more than that na Waste of money to me

Why buy staking net of 200k when you can use nylon Twine of 42k and e go still remain

There are ways to downsize cost in Agric
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 9:56am On Aug 10, 2021
141samuel:
I have also fall for their hand , I only pay 5k, after unpaid I see one driver telling them he can only pay 2k because is obvious they are taking advantage of that place

Two things I'm very sure will happen soon about that place soon because the wahala I gave to them that day enh... Let's just wait and see how things go shall.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Johnnybegood12: 10:02am On Aug 10, 2021
Good morning everyone

Pls I need ideas from experienced drivers here, Below is my situation.
So November 2019, I resigned from my monthly pay (50k) job at vi to face my business, and I have legit been grinding since then up till now, I gathered about a million naira as at April this year to buy a Nigerian used car that can be used for e-hailing, but due to unforeseen circumstances I could not achieve my plans then.
But as at now, I am close to buying a car for this hustle and I will still be doing my business cos it's mainly weekends I use for my business.
Now the issue is I have a low budget of 700k, and AV seen a car for 650k but it's a manual car and not our regular brands.
It's a Skoda Octavia....
Sound engine
Clean interior
Good gear selection
First body and very clean.
I just want to knw if the car is a good buy and if it can withstand the heat from e-hailing, also availability of parts & general advice
Thanks

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 10:03am On Aug 10, 2021
Springboot:

Compressor is covered under warranty and would be replaced without him spending a dime, that's not enough reason not to use a brand new vehicle if you have the opportunity.
I'm not trying to support or go against using a brand new vehicle, I just wanted him to know that nothing is certain, that you bought it brand new doesn't mean it cannot break down.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by samobaba4u(m): 10:09am On Aug 10, 2021
[quote author=izzou post=104624630]

[color=royalblue] You just fried yourself with your own points grin

Chevrolet Aveo is not a Chinese product. Chevrolet is American, made by GM motors. Why it was falling apart is what I don't know.

Secondly, GIG could have moved for Toyota Hiace Tokunboh buses (E full Ejigbo). E full Dubai. But no, they are going for locally assembled China buses in Nigeria. Only few transporters are fully Toyota. ABC even has its own assembly plant for its China luxurious buses. There is a reason it's that way.

And I don't know why you keep skipping the point.

Nobody is arguing with you about which is stronger. The Corolla is stronger than anything Innoson would assemble in its category, but economic wise, the Chinese are ever better.

I know a Haulage company. It's like the largest in Nigeria. They started with Tokunboh Volvo trucks from America. Today, they have filled their fleet with HOWO and FAW trucks. You think they don't know Volvo is stronger?

I sell parts for trailers, and 99% would prefer the Chinese knockoffs to their original ones (even when it's available)

I pray you grow bigger to run a transportation fleet. You will understand the fact more clearer.

What I have to say is this,
When we are talking about transport business, we should not compare uberboltindrive with other ones especially in this Lagos. What vehicles pass through in uberboltindrive can not be compare to those interstate vehicles. The Chinese vehicles may perform better on interstate but on uberbolt they won't pass the test of time.
And as for what CheerfulGiver said the he would make #10M in 18mnths from the Chinese product. What if another person made the same amount with the 06 Corolla? Who will get more profits at the end of the 18months?
Me ano be businessman ó but it is common sense. Anyway wetin a small boy like me even know?

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by samobaba4u(m): 10:11am On Aug 10, 2021
izzou:

You just fried yourself with your own points grin

Chevrolet Aveo is not a Chinese product. Chevrolet is American, made by GM motors. Why it was falling apart is what I don't know.

Secondly, GIG could have moved for Toyota Hiace Tokunboh buses (E full Ejigbo). E full Dubai. But no, they are going for locally assembled China buses in Nigeria. Only few transporters are fully Toyota. ABC even has its own assembly plant for its China luxurious buses. There is a reason it's that way.

And I don't know why you keep skipping the point.

Nobody is arguing with you about which is stronger. The Corolla is stronger than anything Innoson would assemble in its category, but economic wise, the Chinese are ever better.

I know a Haulage company. It's like the largest in Nigeria. They started with Tokunboh Volvo trucks from America. Today, they have filled their fleet with HOWO and FAW trucks. You think they don't know Volvo is stronger?

I sell parts for trailers, and 99% would prefer the Chinese knockoffs to their original ones (even when it's available)

I pray you grow bigger to run a transportation fleet. You will understand the fact more clearer.

I rest my case

What I have to say is this,
When we are talking about transport business, we should not compare uberboltindrive with other ones especially in this Lagos. What vehicles pass through in uberboltindrive can not be compare to those interstate vehicles. The Chinese vehicles may perform better on interstate but on uberbolt they won't pass the test of time.
And as for what CheerfulGiver said the he would make #10M in 18mnths from the Chinese product. What if another person made the same amount with the 06 Corolla? Who will get more profits at the end of the 18months?
Me ano be businessman ó but it is common sense. Anyway wetin a small boy like me even know?

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 10:12am On Aug 10, 2021
BAZ001:

You are a prophet you see into the future, your prophecy came to pass.

I try my best to quickly chip in my point of view, but decision is left for them.
What happened to dreaming big?
As he thinks in his heart so is he, when you start thinking taxi driver from school what will you become?
I don’t totally blame them, Nigeria has gotten to a level that doctors graduate and don’t have jobs.

There is no way I will advise a young graduate or salary earners to resign and do Uber.

My brother the thing tire me too oohgrin the move of a goat can easily be predicted reason why motor dey quick jam am for express because him no sabi cross road so leave that ant king his pig dream will always end up in the muds no two ways about it.

I read where he said "contact the plantain guy for tutorial and he'll dribble you up and down", but who was asking for drivers license, local government Identification certificate, letter from a clergy man and royal highness with 3 passport plus primary school leaving certificate b4 being thought how to net 200k weekly? grin Nezzjnr too use style get bad mouth grin he say the guy dey do show up with him dashboard posting but due to lack of lingual comprehension e be like say the guy no understand the English well grin BAZ001 abi him brain never interpret well to am?grin
I'm very sure he will revisit that post again so make Nezzjnr just ready o with him bullet proof else na die for amgringringrin

As for me I can't kill myself and run away

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by FuckEveryday: 10:20am On Aug 10, 2021
So I was sitting at KFC in Lekki Phase one this morning, just about one hour I saw almost 10 of these Moove Match box cars drive by. And I taught it was just Suzuki until I saw IVM logo in some of them..I wonder why our Nigerian car makers copy designs of other companies, even the IVM that looks exactly like the G-wagon annoys me sad

But personally, I think this is the best Marketing strategy than spending millions on BBN whereby the winner isn't even proud of driving the car after the show.

But in terms of hustle, I see the car suffering the same fate their 2017 corrolas suffered and maybe even worse cus that thing looks like what will summersault if u go beyond 80km which is considered slows for some drivers.

The way some drivers drive on Lekki Epe...I just give them space and shake my head...and say: "if it's your car, you won't drive it like that"

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by samobaba4u(m): 10:26am On Aug 10, 2021
CheerfulGiver:
Surge has disappeared from bolt. Now let's see all those making free money since.

Strategy activated.

If I may ask Sir, can someone still net #900k with the strategy as it is now?

Surge or no surge, target must be made. Only that surge reduced time I normally spend online.

I only wonder how those who have been living beyond their normal income/capability and those that collect rental for 40k because of surgedashboard will continue.

Extra time acrivated

10 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Johnnybegood12: 10:31am On Aug 10, 2021
Pls am waiting to hear from experienced people here
Pear1910
Cheerful giver
Felicity001
Baz001
Kanuisagoat
And anybody using a manual car for this hustle
Johnnybegood12:
Good morning everyone

Pls I need ideas from experienced drivers here, Below is my situation.
So November 2019, I resigned from my monthly pay (50k) job at vi to face my business, and I have legit been grinding since then up till now, I gathered about a million naira as at April this year to buy a Nigerian used car that can be used for e-hailing, but due to unforeseen circumstances I could not achieve my plans then.
But as at now, I am close to buying a car for this hustle and I will still be doing my business cos it's mainly weekends I use for my business.
Now the issue is I have a low budget of 700k, and AV seen a car for 650k but it's a manual car and not our regular brands.
It's a Skoda Octavia....
Sound engine
Clean interior
Good gear selection
First body and very clean.
I just want to knw if the car is a good buy and if it can withstand the heat from e-hailing, also availability of parts & general advice
Thanks
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by samobaba4u(m): 10:32am On Aug 10, 2021
CheerfulGiver:
...with a goal in mind. Will never drive forever.

That's the koko
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 10:33am On Aug 10, 2021
Pearl1910:

lols grin these guys...
Yes, like I said it's short term gain.
Few years back I bought original brake pads for 15k at the time. I forgot they use to change brake pads in cars for like 2yrs. Isn't that better than buying 3k n paying workmanship every 3months in the long run?
Right now I am saving up to buy KYB shocks around 100k and rest for another 3yrs instead of buying 50k knockoff that I will change after 6months or 1yr max.
Preference Is a matter of choice and purchasing power but fact doesn't waver. For me it's quality first before prize.

I like your busuness sense but some times your points are contradicting.

After reading the conversation btw you and izzuo it's clear the both of you are saying the same thing but in different language.

What izzuo means is that he will prefer to buy the brand new IVM connect for the same price your are willing to buy the 18yrs America Used Toyota because in 2yrs he must have made his capital with little and cheaper repairs since its China parts (knockoffs) but in your own case its will be a 50/50 chance since it's not a new tool so money spent on maintenance would have mitigated or extend your breakeven period to say 3yrs if you can use ir get original parts. In the other hand you're looking at the resale value as your profit margin after recouping you capital.

To me oh if given the two opportunities I'll go with the IVM connect because all brand new cars comes with a 12-24months free servicing and repairs because the company wouldn't want you the user to mismanaged the machine thereby giving them a bad review, so that is an added advantage as against the tok... So that expenses is excluded in my running cost. If driven personally like you mentioned earlier you're very sure if recouping your capital in 12months if one puts in the time... Mind you this is a brand new machine so you have you peace of mind like izzuo mentioned and if after 3yrs you feel tired using it you can swap the car with a more recent model with the company. But these are the things you can't get with a tokunbo car.

Las las na d sane thing una dey talk.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by samobaba4u(m): 10:37am On Aug 10, 2021
izzou:

A Brand new Scania luxury bus is nearing 200 million naira now.

The Chinese knockoffs is about less than half the price of the former.

If both are used to carry the same passengers and collect the same fare, by the time the Scania hits 95 million, the China would also hit the same amount to buy another China.

By the time the Scania would hit the next 95 million, the China would have made the money for the Third one

So in the end of the 200 million generated from both brands, One has yielded two more, while the other one just yielded one.

If you really can't see the point with this example, I really don't know what else to type

angry

You ogas are taking it to another dimension. If we focus on uberbolt alone, Toks06 Corolla is far better and profitable than the innoson.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by CheerfulGiver: 10:59am On Aug 10, 2021
samobaba4u:

If I may ask Sir, can someone still net #900k with the strategy as it is now?

Surge or no surge, target must be made. Only that surge reduced time I normally spend online.

I only wonder how those who have been living beyond their normal income/capability and those that collect rental for 40k because of surgedashboard will continue.

Extra time acrivated
I can only answer for myself, yes. If I don't do 900, I'll manage 800 - 870.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by samobaba4u(m): 11:02am On Aug 10, 2021
kanuisagoat:

No, I was actually referring to a brand new everyday corolla which is the subject of the discussion but as you said, it's not even possible to get it so that takes it out of the equation.

The summary of my point is this

05 Tokunbo corolla vs 2020 IVM my choice will be the Corolla
2020 corolla vs 2020 IVM my choice is definitely the IVM

Please note that this only applies to ehailing. For personal use, my choices will be totally different.

Na so. In fact the comparison is even 06 Corolla to 2020 IVM on uberbolt. I don't know why them come dey change topic.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by CheerfulGiver: 11:03am On Aug 10, 2021
Johnnybegood12:
Pls am waiting to hear from experienced people here
Pear1910
Cheerful giver
Felicity001
Baz001
Kanuisagoat
And anybody using a manual car for this hustle
Car is same as Volkswagen passat . Will work

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by samobaba4u(m): 11:12am On Aug 10, 2021
CheerfulGiver:
I can only answer for myself, yes. If I don't do 900, I'll manage 800 - 870.

That's great
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 11:14am On Aug 10, 2021
kanuisagoat:
Just to weigh in on the ongoing discussion, I'm with Pearl1910 on this and will not touch the new innoson. My reasons are stated below

1. The vehicle can only be maintained at the dealership, your average kazeem cannot fix it. If there's something I know about dealerships, it's that vehicles can stay with them for one week because because of a fault that can be resolved by a kazeem in one day. That's extended downtime which is a killer for the business.

2. I know that warranties are not absolute. When something breaks, you start hearing that part is not covered in the warranty or that the warranty for that part has expired. Since you have to rely on the dealership for the part, it will cost an arm and leg.

3. Some of the parts will not be readily available. Sometimes they may have to import them from outside the country.

4. I always plan my exit before I start any business. If I buy the vehicle and things don't go as planned and I have to cut my losses, I'll incur more losses selling the innoson vs selling the Corolla.

Please note that I hate buying used things. If I can afford a brand new corolla I won't even think twice, at least I know the parts are available and the vehicle can be easily fixed by any Tom, dick and Harry

I think this is more clear and direct.

You nail it bro so I change my mind... Corolla for the jobgrin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by themindpen(m): 11:15am On Aug 10, 2021
Good morning house,

I intend to join this business very soon, as I am waiting on capturing so I can get my temporary driver's license.

However, I would like to weigh our opinions on the best choice of car for this business from a Nigerian Used perspective.

From my survey, I highlighted Honda Civic (though I can't use this because I am new in driving), Corolla (issue of theft scares the shit out of me), Hyundai Elantra, and Nissan Almera.

I would like to have the opinion of the members of this thread so I can make a wise decision.

Looking forward to the responses.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Johnnybegood12: 11:15am On Aug 10, 2021
Thanks a bunches
But is it a good buy at 650k
Considering its manual car

CheerfulGiver:
Car is same as Volkswagen passat . Will work
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 11:15am On Aug 10, 2021
CheerfulGiver:
undermining the undergraduate? Never.

Undermine felicity? Everyday. grin

Na urself u dey undermine and fool not me.

1diot

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by YeyeGbami: 11:15am On Aug 10, 2021
tojahh:

Uber is not a side hustle.

With Uber, you will make more than an average Nigerian Graduate especially as you own your own car.

Believe in whatever that gives you legal money.

It is for me, it may not be for you.

Just cos i said it is a side hustle doesn’t mean i don’t believe in it.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 11:17am On Aug 10, 2021
FuckEveryday:
So I was sitting at KFC in Lekki Phase one this morning, just about one hour I saw almost 10 of these Moove Match box cars drive by. And I taught it was just Suzuki until I saw IVM logo in some of them..I wonder why our Nigerian car makers copy designs of other companies, even the IVM that looks exactly like the G-wagon annoys me sad

But personally, I think this is the best Marketing strategy than spending millions on BBN whereby the winner isn't even proud of driving the car after the show.

But in terms of hustle, I see the car suffering the same fate their 2017 corrolas suffered and maybe even worse cus that thing looks like what will summersault if u go beyond 80km which is considered slows for some drivers.

The way some drivers drive on Lekki Epe...I just give them space and shake my head...and say: "if it's your car, you won't drive it like that"
I don't know why guys are condemning this car, a lot of things have been said about it.
Matchbox, small size and lastly can capside while doing 80km.
Na waoo, cars like Nissan Tilda, sunny, Kia Rio, Hyundai accent, Chevrolet and the likes are used on the platform so I wonder why this one won't fly.
As for the durability I choose not to talk about that one, but one thing is certain before you roll out any car it must meet certain standards and specifications all over the world.
Having this knowledge is enough to instill confidence in anybody using IVM cars, I know it will also stand with it's contemporaries.
As for space it's just like matrix in size, make una allow the car to die first before burying it.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 11:18am On Aug 10, 2021
CheerfulGiver:

How about a 2020 corolla vs a 2020 IVM connect? It's unfair we are even using a 2006 vs 2020

Dick head does it change the facts you just quoted? Simple comprehension you can't just parading your foolishness all over the place. Mumu

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 11:32am On Aug 10, 2021
Nezzjnr:

Last last... I know say both of una go meet one day.. Settle all these for one better Joint with a good pepper soup and drink cheesy

This one get social life? Na loneliness dey kill am na him make he dey always tackle me because him no say I get time for all kinds of human being due to my charitable and accommodating nature. But if paraventure I happen to meet this dickhead someday I go first tell my boy to flog am 10 strokes of cain first before I teach am how to enjoy life, buy drink and pepper soup for am, lounge am for hotel and give am one olosho to take cool down, all expenses on me. Na small thing pkata pkata na 3days hustle e go take megrin

As e dey like dat so im very sure 20ltrs of semen dey him waist so because no time to take a proper bath to approach a girl. Drivers like cheerfulgiver smells, they don't bath for days because na anywhere night meet them they sleep inside their car. How Will such a guy have any reasonable woman in his life? Hmm
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by cuteralph101(m): 11:33am On Aug 10, 2021
CaptainAyub:

Best place to use that Camry for Uber /bolt is Abj.
Better roads which equals less maintenance.
Less traffic congestion which equals better MPG since its a 2.4litre engine compared to Corolla etc that are 1.6L
ok... thanks alot
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by cuteralph101(m): 11:41am On Aug 10, 2021
Pearl1910:

Shit happens brov...water under the bridge.
Assuming good job was done by the mechanics, then u have replaced/repaired almost everything in that car. Selling it now as it is will put icing on the lose for u but if u fix the little that is remaining I believe u can sell it for a more valuable amount or use it to make money on ehailing.

My advise for u is to look for a good but economical mechanic to manage that car for u. The items u worked on aren't out of place but the amount u used in fixing them.

You are at the verge of beginning to enjoy the car, don't let it be a case of the sugar cane destiny.

I know how one can be totally irritated about a car and wants to dispose it, if that's not the state where u r, I will advise u do d little that's left and sit back and enjoy the benefit either as a source of income or capital for that other business.

Catalyst isn't that important, most tokunbo cars of its age don't have working catalysts so don't stress on that.

Assuming u make 2m from the sale of the car and u put it into ur business which u say u r sure of getting 20% monthly thats 400k/month. If that business is scalable then it's better than ehailing. Ehailing Rentals is about 10% ROI but the good thing is it is scalable. So even if u have 100cars they will all deliver weekly all things being equal.
On the other hand, If u want to drive urself u can only drive one car.
I will not say which u should do, cos I really don't know the details of that business, am just doing a little analysis. And it's clear which is better from what is above.
Thanks so much for your advice too. Car is frustrating in the sense that new issues keep coming up I spend a lot sometimes just to travel inter state leas than 300km one issue or the other. D gear is my second fear as I've changed it before so I'm kinda scared it may bring it's ugly head. My estimate for complete repair is about 400k what I need for the other business is 1.5m to give me 300k per month. cos of how traumatic the car has been I've chosen to sell it then rest for now and do the other biz. Will save and eventually get the car. Grateful for ur contribution

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (3914) (3915) (3916) (3917) (3918) (3919) (3920) ... (5713) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.