Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,241 members, 7,815,328 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:54 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (4018) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4743304 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4015) (4016) (4017) (4018) (4019) (4020) (4021) ... (5689) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by YeyeGbami: 1:13am On Sep 06, 2021
Uber app is now completely useless, even when you decide to go online maybe you fit see trip to change location. You fit see pick up from 6KM away.

Last week saturday morning, first trip on bolt na to Lasu. As i drop rider, e con be lyke say my network get issues. No incoming request for like 20mins on bolt . Naso i remember say i get uber, as i on am like dis request jump enter from tradefair area LOL.

The funny rider con dey ask me if i go come, i was like no way. they canceled and tried multiple times to get another driver na me still dey accept am. As bolt no gimme trip, naso i face igando luckily as i near igando i see trip to ikeja on bolt.

If uber no bring something fresh to the table, they will remain useless to most drivers unless you no get option.

As bolt trip sure reach, i no dey even call rider i go just drive go pick up no time. As per sanity, i never get ish with bolt rider except for some who think that paid waiting money go reach me build house. You never ready move, why order ride.

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 6:35am On Sep 06, 2021
Gentlelife50:

Apart from closing late they also work almost everyday of the month, Sundays too.

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 7:20am On Sep 06, 2021
davit leave me oooh.
When I first read d guy post I come dey wonder if Na CheerfulGiver brother or partner?
How will 1 million on someone’s dashboard translate to you resigning ?

Mr Conner, I hope you have tried to drive for 12hrs daily, from Monday to sunday, before you Pee on your boss bow head ?

Una just dey crack person up for this thread...
See long epistle for someone’s dashboard

[img]https://media1./images/7d5b9d7341d10667f2867a892370eb28/tenor.gif?itemid=13738821[/img]

Conner44:
Feli oya take your two hands hold your two ears, now drag those ears out very very well until e almost tear and read my typing as e Dey turn to words for inside ya head

“LEAVE CHEERFUL, LEEEAVE CHEERFUL, LEEEAVE CHEEEERFUUUL OOHH”

That nigga is gunning for N1m this month of September meaning this might be the month I get to piss on my boss big head.

I don dey kpaff the beer already, bladder don dey full, boss don barb fresh ‘kodo’ yesterday for aboki razor blade hand, Abeg make una two face una front so everything go fall into place for my side gidigba this September ending ohhhh

Thank Goodness say I tall and my office table high well well. I can’t see myself missing my aim on that fresh bald big head at all lie lie cool

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by CheerfulGiver: 7:48am On Sep 06, 2021
Monday morning motivation...

The first full week of the ember has started. Opportunities abound. For the next 4 months, I want you to evaluate your life, your friendships, your social interactions. Which one can't you do without? If you want your story to change, you have to re-write your own script. It's okay to be selfish when chasing goals. Your goal by Jan 1 could be to buy a car and be free from partners wahala, or to relocate to an axis of Lagos, that will consequently improve your earnings. Nigeria is fucked_, but you can still prevail by working hard.

Remember, the world only celebrates success. No one cares about the effort you have put in, which means that the efforts you put in are personal, and shouldnt be anyone's business, since they won't cater for you when you are down. There's always time to flex, but ember months come once in a year. Change your mentality towards hard work. It's not a crime. There is a reason why ants hustle with all their strength and that's why the Bible says you "lazy ones should go to the ant". My definition of a lazy man is one who could do more, but decides not to, to avoid being seen as working too hard. Who are you really fooling? If you can't work hard now when you have the strength, who will cater to you when you're old and weak? Who will even listen to your advice as an old man when you couldn't advice yourself as a young man? Tick Tock. Every second that passes draws you closer to old age.

I work hard, and I wear it with pride. Nothing's gon change that!

16 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by CheerfulGiver: 8:00am On Sep 06, 2021
Gentlelife50:

Apart from closing late they also work almost everyday of the month, Sundays too.
Stupid comment.

Let's say they don't work everyday of the month, they don't work on Sunday, and they close very early, and then they don't meet up with their personal responsibilities, like their car rentals, house rent, healthcare for parents, can you be there to render them any form of financial assistance? No you won't.

It's why you don't just open your mouth waaaaaah and regurgitate every rubbish thought that comes into your head via your fingers.

9 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by CheerfulGiver: 8:10am On Sep 06, 2021
That feeling when you are still chilling, but you know what awaits when you go online...

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 8:25am On Sep 06, 2021
Pearl1910:

Lolz...na Sanity we go chop?
Which year was this record set abeg??
When bolt was still crawling
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 8:33am On Sep 06, 2021
CheerfulGiver:
Stupid comment.

Let's say they don't work everyday of the month, they don't work on Sunday, and they close very early, and then they don't meet up with their personal responsibilities, like their car rentals, house rent, healthcare for parents, can you be there to render them any form of financial assistance? No you won't.

It's why you don't just open your mouth waaaaaah and regurgitate every rubbish thought that comes into your head via your fingers.
Is that all??
Now say it again, this time without crying.
grin cheesy

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Dailyparrot: 9:23am On Sep 06, 2021
Bolt said my rating is getting too low. I don't know why Nigerians lack empathy and understanding.

Yesterday, I got a request only to get there and meet 5 girls. 5 grown up adults to enter into my small car for a 45 minutes trip with bad roads?

Of course I declined and 3 followed me while the other two had to request for another ride.

Another was an olosho going to meet a client. The map was trying to take us to either blocked road or non-motorable ones. Even when the girl put on her map, she saw it was exactly the same direction I was driving that the map was taking us yet she was complaining, hissing and all. After much back and forth, guyman told us a landmark that we should stop so he comes with his car to pick his fish.

I can't think of any other riders that could be responsible for the low rating.

It seems I will start collecting the phone from riders to rate myself 5 stars going forward.

11 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mejai(m): 9:41am On Sep 06, 2021
Mayday mayday!!!
Make una abort ajah lekki o. Noah's day loading. Man is trapped already. Baz001 Low mileage Camry no try am o
Bolt's red surge go turn to red Sea

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tunlapapa: 9:53am On Sep 06, 2021
Pearl1910:

Uber no get drivers again na...so they have to pet the few that are still remaining

Low acceptance has never been an issue on Uber..
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Sakamanjeh99(m): 10:33am On Sep 06, 2021
Good morning pilots.... Pls let's save dz no 08075941316, dz guy is an all tym fraudster. I dnt really initiate conversation wit rider even if d rider initiates.. Dz guy claim to b a police... As I dy carrying am go frm magodo to Oregun... Lik 3 guys hail say yahoo Police... Buh I was nt really minding dah... d guy dy was talking abt hw ẹ dy treat bolt driver nicely ń buy dem drinks... I say m no dy drink... As ẹ drop... Fare na 1k.. E said...i shd send acct no to d number.. Dah he will send d fare .. I send acct no.. Afta like 2hrs....i called d no ń d respond was d number is invalid... I jst say make I check am for truecaller alas na "Akin fake transfer' I see... I jst gave up ń count Mai loss... So dah oda won't fall victim... Pls save dah no... His name is Akeem shaa...
I reported to bolt thou ń dey assured dey hav blocked him

11 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 11:00am On Sep 06, 2021
mejai:
Mayday mayday!!!
Make una abort ajah lekki o. Noah's day loading. Man is trapped already. Baz001 Low mileage Camry no try am o
Bolt's red surge go turn to red Sea

[img]https://media1./images/2dbd3b248c1a98150f5d8b9e60b1ca45/tenor.gif?itemid=13314060[/img]

En route ajah reading your comment inside traffic but on 1.7 x
This CheerfulGiver motivation this morning is pushing me to drive inside rain, though the lazyD in me is saying “no go dey do pass yourself “. But to come go enter Noah’s flood is a big demotivation. I’m still in traffic no flood yet, will run before it turn to Red Sea.
Thanks for the heads up.

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by CheerfulGiver: 11:00am On Sep 06, 2021
Sakamanjeh99:
Good morning pilots.... Pls let's save dz no 08075941316, dz guy is an all tym fraudster. I dnt really initiate conversation wit rider even if d rider initiates.. Dz guy claim to b a police... As I dy carrying am go frm magodo to Oregun... Lik 3 guys hail say yahoo Police... Buh I was nt really minding dah... d guy dy was talking abt hw ẹ dy treat bolt driver nicely ń buy dem drinks... I say m no dy drink... As ẹ drop... Fare na 1k.. E said...i shd send acct no to d number.. Dah he will send d fare .. I send acct no.. Afta like 2hrs....i called d no ń d respond was d number is invalid... I jst say make I check am for truecaller alas na "Akin fake transfer' I see... I jst gave up ń count Mai loss... So dah oda won't fall victim... Pls save dah no... His name is Akeem shaa...
I reported to bolt thou ń dey assured dey hav blocked him
Rule 21:

Please spell words correctly when you post, and try to use perfect grammar and punctuation

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by spartacus11(m): 11:01am On Sep 06, 2021
Cheerfulgiver come and buy me car. you are killing it man, keep grinding. Hustle

CheerfulGiver:
Monday morning motivation...

The first full week of the ember has started. Opportunities abound. For the next 4 months, I want you to evaluate your life, your friendships, your social interactions. Which one can't you do without? If you want your story to change, you have to re-write your own script. It's okay to be selfish when chasing goals. Your goal by Jan 1 could be to buy a car and be free from partners wahala, or to relocate to an axis of Lagos, that will consequently improve your earnings. Nigeria is fucked_, but you can still prevail by working hard.

Remember, the world only celebrates success. No one cares about the effort you have put in, which means that the efforts you put in are personal, and shouldnt be anyone's business, since they won't cater for you when you are down. There's always time to flex, but ember months come once in a year. Change your mentality towards hard work. It's not a crime. There is a reason why ants hustle with all their strength and that's why the Bible says you "lazy ones should go to the ant". My definition of a lazy man is one who could do more, but decides not to, to avoid being seen as working too hard. Who are you really fooling? If you can't work hard now when you have the strength, who will cater to you when you're old and weak? Who will even listen to your advice as an old man when you couldn't advice yourself as a young man? Tick Tock. Every second that passes draws you closer to old age.

I work hard, and I wear it with pride. Nothing's gon change that!
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by spartacus11(m): 11:08am On Sep 06, 2021
baba for every bad rating a rider gave u, get a friend or family member to request you, and rate yourself 5 start, sacrificing small commission for bolt may keep you in business
Dailyparrot:
Bolt said my rating is getting too low. I don't know why Nigerians lack empathy and understanding.

Yesterday, I got a request only to get there and meet 5 girls. 5 grown up adults to enter into my small car for a 45 minutes trip with bad roads?

Of course I declined and 3 followed me while the other two had to request for another ride.

Another was an olosho going to meet a client. The map was trying to take us to either blocked road or non-motorable ones. Even when the girl put on her map, she saw it was exactly the same direction I was driving that the map was taking us yet she was complaining, hissing and all. After much back and forth, guyman told us a landmark that we should stop so he comes with his car to pick his fish.

It seems I will start collecting the phone from riders to rate myself 5 stars going forward.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 11:18am On Sep 06, 2021
Dailyparrot:

Hmmm
Just buy gun or how will you do it ?
Do whatever you need to do so that bolt won’t block you.
The lady here has been complaining since, traffic bla bla, Uber estimates doesn’t change in traffic only bolt.
Me: why didn’t you use Uber today cos bolt surge is crazy
Rider: Uber says no car available, the lady one was 15minutes away.
Me: (started laughing like fool)
We still dey traffic like dis

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 11:23am On Sep 06, 2021
BAZ001:
davit leave me oooh.
When I first read d guy post I come dey wonder if Na CheerfulGiver brother or partner?
How will 1 million on someone’s dashboard translate to you resigning ?

Mr Conner, I hope you have tried to drive for 12hrs daily, from Monday to sunday, before you Pee on your boss bow head ?

Una just dey crack person up for this thread...
See long epistle for someone’s dashboard

[img]https://media1./images/7d5b9d7341d10667f2867a892370eb28/tenor.gif?itemid=13738821[/img]

I didn't see ur advise to the Private school teacher. Did u miss his post or u avoided it or u ignored it.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 11:34am On Sep 06, 2021
tunlapapa:

Low acceptance has never been an issue on Uber..

I have been blocked for low Acceptance Rate back in d days. The phone I was using was a low GB phone so atimes d phone hangs when trip comes in and I can't pick. This happened like 4-5 times every day and I got blocked.
Uber had a threshold, u could even be doing well currently but ones u reach that preset threshold of rejected or cancelled trip u will be axed. I guess it's different now.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by realgideon(m): 11:36am On Sep 06, 2021
Good morning everyone
Please if there is anyone in need of a driver I'm very much available. Here is my contact number 07088625054 08061149219
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 11:37am On Sep 06, 2021
Pearl1910:

I didn't see ur advise to the Private school teacher. Did u miss his post or u avoided it or u ignored it.

I typed long epistle but before I posted it, network zapped it.
As a lazyD to type long epistle dey hard me, but my advise would have been to abort mission as usual, Or he should test waters for 2weeks.

Are you talking about the ogijo guy ? So many post here and there.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by MoonlightDrive: 11:39am On Sep 06, 2021
spartacus11:
Cheerfulgiver come and buy me car. you are killing it man, keep grinding. Hustle

Yes Cheerfulgiver keep on grinding... hope you have one or two kids... 1million plus monthly targets, will/ may come at a price..

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by CheerfulGiver: 11:42am On Sep 06, 2021
The truth is that there is nothing special about uber cars. If you don't drive inside rain, the world will not end. There are better cars than the ones we drive on uber in that same rain. Flood is inevitable in Lagos, a city that derived it's name from the Portuguese word which means lakes. Armed with the information of the non avoidable flood, what do you do apart from make sure your car is water tight. Make sure cut and join technicians, aka, rewire have not done illegal connections in the engine bay, leaving naked wires that could bridge when they come in contact with water. When wire bridges, it short circuits anything it feels like, and shuts down your engine. How is the state of your alternator, your kick starter? Has anyone done management fixing work, instead of a complete replacement? Are your battery terminal heads tightened enough?

Haven't you wondered why the same water that shuts a car down is the same water 10320 other cars swim safely through? Your car's constantly sucking in air. Have you traced the air chambers from beginning? Is a plastic missing? Missing or broken plastics leading to your air filter box could make your car suck in water into your engine and shut it down free of charge. Is everything in place?

Does water leak into your interior when you enter a small body of water? Have you checked why? Is it every corolla that passes water that has the same problem? Have you asked why your case is different?

Do your part. Then avoid water that is sure to cover your bonnet. If it will cover your bonnet, at any point in time, avoid. My personal benchmark are my tires. If it completely covers my tires, I'm safe. If it will go beyond that, gear goes to R.

Still on my first trip of the day. A 1.9x. done couple of minor swimming.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 11:42am On Sep 06, 2021
Uber needs to revamp their drivers retention program or kickstart one if they are lacking in that area

They have few drivers to the large number of orders. What could be wrong? , you have accounts that have been inactive for several months.

Such accounts were not blocked or flagged for fraud and your agents couldn't reach out to find out why they have not been active on the platform. That's not a good client management relationship.

If I don't subscribe on my Gotv for two months consecutively, a personal call is coming from one of their reps.
Here is the catch, I give the Gotv guys ₦2,600 MONTHLY and they follow me up back to back grin.
Now, an account that can potentially give you ₦40,000 MONTHLY ,( an average driver will pay 10k commission weekly). you don't follow it up. They keep sending mails.

You won't be surprised Bolt is where it is right now.

12 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 11:58am On Sep 06, 2021
spartacus11:
baba for every bad rating a rider gave u, get a friend or family member to request you, and rate yourself 5 start, sacrificing small commission for bolt may keep you in business

You are wise, u never start and u don get sense already. U will do well

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 12:10pm On Sep 06, 2021
BAZ001:

I typed long epistle but before I posted it, network zapped it.
As a lazyD to type long epistle dey hard me, but my advise would have been to abort mission as usual, Or he should test waters for 2weeks.

Are you talking about the ogijo guy ? So many post here and there.

Lolz...The Private school teacher that said his salary is 53k and every month he collects overdraft to stay afloat.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by MoonlightDrive: 12:18pm On Sep 06, 2021
Pearl1910:

You are wise, u never start and u don get sense already. U will do well

Perhaps Uber is suffering from the Buhari effect or they simply do not want to get into a price war with bolt.... they seem to want to focus on their moove partnership!

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 12:23pm On Sep 06, 2021
northbird:
Uber needs to revamp their drivers retention program or kickstart one if they are lacking in that area

They have few drivers to the large number of orders. What could be wrong? , you have accounts that have been inactive for several months.

Such accounts were not blocked or flagged for fraud and your agents couldn't reach out to find out why they have not been active on the platform. That's not a good client management relationship.

If I don't subscribe on my Gotv for two months consecutively, a personal call is coming from one of their reps.
Here is the catch, I give the Gotv guys ₦2,600 MONTHLY and they follow me up back to back grin.
Now an account that can potentially give you ₦40,000 MONTHLY ,( an average driver will pay 10k commission weekly). you don't follow it up. They keep sending mails.

You won't be surprised Bolt is where it is right now.

Part of their problem was blocking drivers for phone and GPS issues. Not everybody is fraudulent, but they punished many drivers for their App deficiencies. When those drivers tasted d alternative they never looked back.
Truth is even if they unblock all blocked drivers today, they will still be second fiddle.
Bolt has bridged the gap that made Uber standout 2yrs ago.
We been still dey manage their 25% they still they do shakara ontop again. Mstewwwww

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 12:27pm On Sep 06, 2021
MoonlightDrive:

Perhaps Uber is suffering from the Buhari effect or they simply do not want to get into a price war with bolt.... they seem to want to focus on their moove partnership!

Good luck to them...
The Public Vs One company. Who will have cars available to service the society?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by busayo2uk: 12:43pm On Sep 06, 2021
All the analysis are ok, but the question all of you are not asking is who is still giving a car on Hire Purchase considering the cost of acquiring one today?

MoonlightDrive:

Ceteris Paribus ... drivers reading your post, the choice is yours, do you want to work under a condition of uncertainty (rental deal) or work under a condition of certainty! (Hire purchase) A word of advice is good enough for the wise. Thanks for the data crunching effort,
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by IFEBARBIE: 12:48pm On Sep 06, 2021
grin
Dailyparrot:

(1) (2) (3) ... (4015) (4016) (4017) (4018) (4019) (4020) (4021) ... (5689) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.