Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,998 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:01 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (4125) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4754153 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4122) (4123) (4124) (4125) (4126) (4127) (4128) ... (5692) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tunlapapa: 1:30pm On Oct 07, 2021
izzou:

Show me your screenshot that's close to 1200

I'd like to see it.

And yes, there's no surge

Going through oshodi to MM2 is a longer route which adds about 4km to your fare.
So this screenshot can't be used in this scenario.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 1:34pm On Oct 07, 2021
ThatNiccur:

Why did the driver keep the "paid waiting" running till he hit Mobolaji Bank Anthony? The cheat isn't so obvious here because of the short trip time due to the road being free, but nonetheless, he did cheat.

Keep defending such actions.
I'm done, this topic has taken a whole lot of my time today.

Let's all endeavor to do what's right because even if we do wrong and get away with it...Karma dey trickle down to generations. No cheat is too big or too small, all cheat na cheat, so long as the rider is unaware and does not approve of it.

As usual, when it comes to debating, we appeal to emotions.

I have not said anything about other complaints except this one. The reason is because I feel this one is okay.

You yourself have used to map to check, and you can see for yourself that with a multiplier of 1.3x, the fare is even more than that.

That means if you had taken him on a ride today, he would have labelled it a fraud since the trip is more than 1200

The Base fare is 312, compared to the 200+ for Bolt. Is that fraud too?

You guys should tackle issues objectively, instead of just assuming everything is a lie.

I don't know how others do the paid waiting fraud, but this Negro's guy own is not fraudulent.

Have a splendid afternoon, sire

10 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nexttpage(m): 1:34pm On Oct 07, 2021
My obeisance to y’all.
Please I need you guys insights, sometimes whenever I try to shift my gear, it stiffens a little and make a sound, if I’m on a plane surface, it does shift with no sound atall.
So today my mecho drove the car and he was like he has told me countless times that I need to change my transmission oil for servicing, he said it’s getting dried up that’s why it make sounds or get stiffens sometimes.
So my question is, is it true?
How much is the transmission oil for the gear.
Toyota solara 2008( still on 2k mileage) grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ThatNiccur: 1:35pm On Oct 07, 2021
tunlapapa:

Baba calm and don't take this overboard. That was a post I quoted to buttress my point that I also drove on bolt.

Noticed it's his usual way, to misinterpret/manipulate comments just to drive home his point for defending wrong. No stress yourself for that guy matter.

Been a silent observer so I know who does what. See his comments on posts here and I know that's the only way je tries to win an argument, same way he manipulates time on the app to make more money because he wants to net 1m.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 1:36pm On Oct 07, 2021
tunlapapa:

Going through oshodi to MM2 is a longer route which adds about 4km to your fare.

Google chooses the fastest means to get to your destination.

Or you think Google doesn't know Ikorodu road exists, before it suggested you pass Oshodi?

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nexttpage(m): 1:37pm On Oct 07, 2021
Manipulating time?!
Does that work?
ThatNiccur:

Noticed it's his usual way, to misinterpret/manipulate comments just to drive home his point for defending wrong. No stress yourself for that guy matter.

Been a silent observer so I know who does what. See his comments on posts here and I know that's the only way je tries to win an argument, same way he manipulates time on the app to make more money because he wants to net 1m.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tunlapapa: 1:39pm On Oct 07, 2021
izzou:

Google chooses the fastest means to get to your destination.

Or you think Google doesn't know Ikorodu road exists, before it suggested you pass Oshodi?

There is a high congestion on that route ATM and the trip in question when through MBA.

Check the time on my screenshot and yours.

Luckily, I made the screenshot when I was going to the airport that moment.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 1:42pm On Oct 07, 2021
tunlapapa:

There is a high congestion on that route ATM.

See bros, this issue is just being dragged with emotions..

As a rider, what estimate did you see?

When you got to your destination, what fare did you see?

I would probably try to check the fare from Shomolu to MM2 by 2am. Let me see how it would end at 1200.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tunlapapa: 1:46pm On Oct 07, 2021
izzou:

See bros, this issue is just being dragged with emotions..

As a rider, what estimate did you see?

When you got to your destination, what fare did you see?

I would probably try to check the fare from Shomolu to MM2 by 2am. Let me see how it would end at 1200.

Not that I made an argument with you but only pointed a fact for you to take note.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 1:52pm On Oct 07, 2021
A fool is someone who is unwise, lacks sense, and lacks judgement. Fools don’t want to learn the truth. They laugh at the truth and turn their eyes away from it.

“Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something.” ~ Plato

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 1:52pm On Oct 07, 2021
tunlapapa:

Not that I made an argument with you but only pointed a fact for you to take note.

Alright sir
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 1:59pm On Oct 07, 2021
izzou:

His screenshot even explains it better sef.

I understand that there are cheats in the system. It's possible drivers are trying to manipulate or devise a plan to commit fraud.

But that screenshot is okay.

When I order, I see my estimate. When they end the trip, I check and judge based on how the trip went.

If Bolt likes, they should add base fare as 3000. As long as my estimate is in the range of my total fare, it's very okay

Exactly, the base fare reveals that the trip was on surge and that explains d price. Cos it's because the price was high that's why they think driver cheated by starting trip late. And I stand by it that if driver started that trip late then he even did rider a favour. Forget what map is showing errors can occur. But what is fairly stable is trip duration and distance covered plus d base fare...is it within ur estimate when u requested? If yes then case closed.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 2:06pm On Oct 07, 2021
tunlapapa:

There is a high congestion on that route ATM and the trip in question when through MBA.

Check the time on my screenshot and yours.

Luckily, I made the screenshot when I was going to the airport that moment.

The more screenshots u guys post the more u reveal anything is possible on that trip. So u can see someone could have been held up for 50minutes in that Mobolaji bank Anthony traffic alone. And the trip will end up being 1hr plus. And u expect the fare to remain the estimate or what u usually pay right.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 2:13pm On Oct 07, 2021
ThatNiccur:

The way you've been defending this whole issue of paid waiting just goes to show you're guilty of it.

This sakategy has been in place for almost two years, if not more. When I was active, I drove on Uber alone and most times, I go to Chevron drive, I hear drivers discussing this and teaching themselves how to go about it.

You're afraid your only way of earning so much (illegitimately) while working less, is about to be made known to riders and would therefore affect your criminal earnings.

Like they say, everyday is for the thief, one day is for the owner.

Y'all ants are about to be busted.
Insulting hardworking drivers and making them feel like they aren't working well enough, while you inflate your earnings by cheating the system.

You do not want riders to be aware of the situation, hence your reason for defending vehemently.

Nail it! God bless you

These are people with integrity not people like dru23 and his cohorts (pearl) who sees the truth and keep quiet just because of little gains that will perish.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Johnnybegood12: 2:28pm On Oct 07, 2021
ThatNiccur:

Another Saka driver spotted. Enjoy the proceeds pending when riders become aware and when Karma catches up with you.

The earlier you desist, the better for you. Your karma fit reduce from 1tb to 900gb

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 2:30pm On Oct 07, 2021
Felicity001:

Nail it! God bless you

These are people with integrity not people like dru23 and his cohorts (pearl) who sees the truth and keep quiet just because of little gains that will perish.

Felicity keep quiet...from now on, if u support my argument it is a sign that I am talking rubbish.
Please don't put mouth in any argument again, u r jeopardizing the sense/point they are trying to make... grin
Any argument I see u supporting I just know that line of argument isn't right.

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Johnnybegood12: 2:35pm On Oct 07, 2021
ThatNiccur:

Another Saka driver spotted. Enjoy the proceeds pending when riders become aware and when Karma catches up with you.

The earlier you desist, the better for you. Your karma fit reduce from 1tb to 900gb

Not everyone is like you.
Your insecurity is visible to the blind.
Your quote just proved that you are clueless.

Most of us here just want to be truthful to ourselves irrespective of the fact that we are taking sides of either ants league, lazy drivers or hoodlum.

There is no gain making wrong assumptions just to prove Ur stale points.

I engage any good quote irrespective of who is posting it.

But truth be told that Ur post that I thrashed really pained u....am not sorry because am thrashing it again.
grin

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by biggace(m): 2:37pm On Oct 07, 2021
Pearl1910:

U, just don't make any comment...cos u don't drive on Bolt.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by FuckEveryday: 2:49pm On Oct 07, 2021
Pearl1910:

Lolz...this one carry trip enter flight grin
Use Rider App book trip on card meanwhile money no dey d account. This is not sustainable na, grin according to Bazzoo
IFSHR:

99% of rider will report this type of trip immediately and the driver will be kicked off the platform.....

Lol, this is done from the comfort of the house..doesn't require a rider.

You can call it the EDD of bolt...Enough said lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 3:01pm On Oct 07, 2021
ThatNiccur:

I guess I overrated your intelligence. 34 minutes in red means there's traffic. If you still do not know how to read Google map up until now, I sorry for you oh.

On d contrary it's u dat is blindly relying on estimates that needs wisdom.
If u have been driving regularly, u would have know those are just estimates and actual trip duration varies due realities on d road.
At first u were arguing trip takes 24mins from Izzous checks.
Then u checked ur own and it showed 39mins.
Another person checked and it said 59mins delay in Mobolaji bank Anthony.

What does all these mean? It means traffic is dynamic, and that even if u see 24mins or 39mins on estimates it is not fixed, when u go on d trip then u calculate ur fare based on actually reality - it can be more, it can be less.
Haven't u experienced when Google says there is traffic but on getting there road is free?

Reminds me of some small call girls I picked from Apapa road by costain to VI last Saturday. I ended trip and they started grumbling that when they checked it the previous night, it was cheaper. Do u see how foolish that statement sounds? I asked her "what was the estimate when u were requesting this morning" and she said she didn't check, she was in a hurry. I told her this is Saturday morning, there is surge, there is traffic on Eko bridge, last night when u checked there was no surge and no traffic heading to d Island. That's why d price is different if u feel d money is too much u can complain to Bolt but u must pay this fare u r seeing on the screen now. And she understood my point.

Do I expect a grown man probably with beards and claims to have ehailing experience to understand all these...yes he should.
But how will he when he is too daft and narrow mined, only wanting to accept d narrative that fits into his small brains.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 3:07pm On Oct 07, 2021
FuckEveryday:

Lol, this is done from the comfort of the house..doesn't require a rider.

You can call it the EDD of bolt...Enough said lipsrsealed

The point is this type of trip didnt scam any rider.
Can u do this type of trip/scam and remain on the platform?...the answer is in Bolts hands.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Johnnybegood12: 3:10pm On Oct 07, 2021
ThatNiccur:

Been a silent mischievous observer so I know who does what. See his comments on posts here and I know that's the only way je tries to win an argument, same way he manipulates time on the app to make more money because he wants to net 1m.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 3:30pm On Oct 07, 2021
Internship opportunities at Azuri Towers
Kindly send a dm.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by IFSHR: 3:42pm On Oct 07, 2021
Nexttpage:
My obeisance to y’all.
Please I need you guys insights, sometimes whenever I try to shift my gear, it stiffens a little and make a sound, if I’m on a plane surface, it does shift with no sound atall.
So today my mecho drove the car and he was like he has told me countless times that I need to change my transmission oil for servicing, he said it’s getting dried up that’s why it make sounds or get stiffens sometimes.
So my question is, is it true?
How much is the transmission oil for the gear.
Toyota solara 2008( still on 2k mileage) grin

Guy don't joke with your transmission at all....the price in the market is not funny....

If the oil is drying up like your mecho said, it's something you can confirm your self....check the dip stick after warming the car and changing from all the gears to drive and back to park....if the oil is black, short or smell burnt....get the original recommended Toyota gear oil and change the oil....

Ensure gear oil change is carried out early in the morning after the car has been left to park at that spot over night........meaning....if the oil change will be done at the mechanic shop....park their the night before and let him do it first thing in the morning without the car getting hot, and if it's your place, same applies....(I learnt the last part just recently at a huge cost, the cost being getting a new transmission for one of my cars)

Peace.

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 4:38pm On Oct 07, 2021
BAZ001:
Wonders shall never end
So since ants are no more posting dashboards(revolution paused)
Riders have decided to be posting their dashboards with drivers faces. grin

Just wait for the ants, something is brewing wey go shock you.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 4:56pm On Oct 07, 2021
mejai:

One bolt driver has almost advised me to do this to a rider sometime in lekki. A delivery trip to surulere. He said I fk.up, that that's how he does it. I told him don't mention.
Na wa o.

You self don dey follow them go sidon under tree abi. Since dash board posting seized, quite a lot of you have become so lazy.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 5:03pm On Oct 07, 2021
IFSHR:

Felicity, I beg to differ with that part I highlighted, bolt don't calculate the estimated km, they calculate the actual kilometer covered... Judging from your postulate, are you saying if a driver picks someone at point A going to point B and the rider introduced a point C and D, before arriving to point B, the app will only calculate the estimated km for point A to Point B ?, False..... Bolt app calculate the actual km covered, any idiot driver that starts a trips minutes after picking up a rider is only undermining his earnings, if he thinks he is beefing up paid waiting, as the trip km covered only starts when he starts the ride.

I don't support fraud and cheating, but some of this rider won't come out clean on how they delayed the driver as well.

I beg to differ with your position. However correct me if am wrong. During my uber days, most times I'll already be on a trip before remembering I haven't started the trip. Now the moment I click on start trip, the app would ask if I want to start the trip from pick up location even after I have driven from pickup location.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 5:08pm On Oct 07, 2021
Felicity001:

From your analogy your right bolt will calculate the total distance covered but on this particular instance without diversion or introduction of point C, D or E the bolt app will calculate the estimated distance for the trip and calculate the time in addition. Order a ride n try it to see for yourself.

A bolt driver had done it to me few months ago before. I'll look for the receipt and share if I see it.

This is why I like the Uber app, if you're starting a ride out of the PU threshold you must input a code from the rider's app and your start up point will be where you started the ride n not where the original PU is

I think the code thing only happens when the ride is booked for you by someone else where and its card. I maybe wrong sha.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mejai(m): 5:10pm On Oct 07, 2021
Crvrider:

You self don dey follow them go sidon under tree abi. Since dash board posting seized, quite a lot of you have become so lazy.
Lol! I can't be under the tree.
The guy was to deliver an item but the trip didn't go down well with the rider( she was in an event). The rider requested and got me. As the first guy was loading the item, he asked me if I had started the trip, which I told him yes. He was trying to lecture me on how to leave it on paid waiting then activate start trip after like 15/20 mins.
I just dey look an dey laff grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by PuZZyNegro: 5:11pm On Oct 07, 2021
tunlapapa:

This is evening yet the map estimated my arrival time to 22 minutes.

That trip happened around 11am in the morning as my flight time was 1:00pm. There was no traffic and the trip ended at exactly 17 minutes. The argument the other guy is having about difference in arrival time is invalid.

I was with the driver in the trip and I can tell you that there was no single traffic that day.

I don't know why the fair ended at the amount it did, but I am only surprised at the paid waiting recording.

Maybe we should assume it was bolt that miscalculated. So Mr. Pearl will rest.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davit: 5:33pm On Oct 07, 2021
BTW, guys how the hustle out there? Bolt zama me tasks, and wanting to test my threshold, and me too kukuma decide to stay at home. Should be back in the hustle ON Saturday.

E ku work o grin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by YeyeGbami: 6:07pm On Oct 07, 2021
davit:
BTW, guys how the hustle out there? Bolt zama me tasks, and wanting to test my threshold, and me too kukuma decide to stay at home. Should be back in the hustle ON Saturday.

E ku work o grin

They gave me 35Hours and 40 trips. for 10K bonus.

(1) (2) (3) ... (4122) (4123) (4124) (4125) (4126) (4127) (4128) ... (5692) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: donfortune48(m), Djdamian(m) and 11 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.