Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,403 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:35 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (4223) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4758067 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4220) (4221) (4222) (4223) (4224) (4225) (4226) ... (5692) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 10:21am On Nov 09, 2021
Pearl1910:

Your phone and or network must be d culprit because u r in a good area...starting and closing u will always get a trip.
Your phone should not be less than a 2GB 32 phone. And if it's filled up, delete pictures, videos and Apps to have minimum 2GB of free space out of the 32GB

Then positioning is key, observe ur environment if it's a place u can easily get trips. Target densely populated residential areas, commercial areas, corporate areas and mixed zones. Know d times and seasons and where to position. Residential areas in d morning, commercial and corporate from mid-day.

Toggle d car icon on your App (If on Bolt) intermittently to make sure u r online and not idle.

Select trips...some trips are time wasters, avoid heavy traffic zones except it's a long distance trip on surge. Some short trips are worth it some are not. U should be able to determine the ones that aren't worth it. One good long trip is better than 3 average trips.

If I were u, in d morning I will be looking for a trip to d mainland or at least VI from Sangotedo. Surge or no surge, that will set you up for high earnings and ginger u to make more throughout the day.

All d best

He said it all... Take these things one after the other and with time your earning will get better.

Also, try get an MTN sim, e get why.

Good luck!

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 10:24am On Nov 09, 2021
Pearl1910:

The prosperity of a nation is in the hands and attitude of the people. e go hard for black nations to prosper. Our mentality and ideology is skewed. I still wonder why foreigners...Americans, Europeans, Asians and sometimes Indians and Middle east people are always completely different from us. God why?

Cry some moregrin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 10:29am On Nov 09, 2021
IFSHR:

One way in airport road? How nah....

Tell him to beg them with 10k...them go free am

Me too still teyingnto figure out which one way dey airport abi him enter from the exit gate?grin or shey him take one way because of traffic?? If the later is the case let him just pay the money or offer them 20/25k and go do thanks giving.

Why him go follow one way when him no carry army general inside the car
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by komodapson(m): 10:37am On Nov 09, 2021
Felicity0001:

He said it all... Take these things one after the other and with time your earning will get better.

Also, try get an MTN sim, e get why.

Good luck!

Baba how far? My Vehicle license don expire and nah only N2700 dey my hand, u get any plug for VLO?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 10:41am On Nov 09, 2021
IFSHR:

One way in airport road? How nah....

Tell him to beg them with 10k...them go free am
Dem don carry am enter office but they didnt book him. They have reduced it to 25k plus 2500 for gate pass to make it total of 27,500
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 10:41am On Nov 09, 2021
Pearl1910:

There is this particular compound in Justice Rose Ukeje, off Pinnacle filling station. The girls will say u should drive into d compound. The first day I did I was thinking it's a big compound, do u know that compound cannot even contain my car except I drive very close to d building before d gate can close. I was so mad... subsequently, I have gotten trips from there like 3times again and each time they will say drive in, I will say okay. But when they come out I will tell them to walk out that I can't drive in. At that time they will have no choice but to walk out to the car. Then hala why didn't u drive in?, and I will answer them well face to face.

Are you afraid to tell us what you told them face to face?

Many at times people will share theur experience giving words to words details and you'll be the first to castigate, why did you say this, why did you say that? Often times you and a few like northbird, dru23, cheerfulgiver and a few more I can't remember have shamed talked people who shared their experience but you all have never been bold for once to share some of your bad experiences so that others can learn but you're fast to chuck mouth demonize and even blame somebody for a simple mistake as if you are any better. Hypocrites.

I tell dem well face to face... Oga if you no fit tell us watin U tell them shut up grin

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 10:46am On Nov 09, 2021
ReadaDream:
@Bolded...wrong move, considering where he stays.

Key to getting go trip out of Sangotedo axis is starting early. Set out by 5 and drive towards skymall or Ogidan shopping complex.

At least 3x in a week my first trip is always to the airport.

Request around Sangotedo in the early hours can be tricky and full of time wasting trips. You have to be smart to make the best out of it.

I avoid trips going to any of those bus parks at Abraham adesanya like a plague (na why I no they chase bolt bonus) I don't even do any Ajah trip. It's either VI or Mainland. And I must leave with a surge trip.

You're right, you know I don't live in that area so i can't really say how it is every morning in that area.

With time he will get better

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by YeyeGbami: 10:56am On Nov 09, 2021
northbird:

Baba. You need to see the Chinese riders I hv encountered, very efficient. These guys don't waste time.

I mean the last one, I picked from Sheraton hotel going to V. I. The guy was already waiting for me at the lobby. Infact, I learned something new that day.

There was a time the issue came up here, that some people said na red flag if rider meets you halfway way and not stay in front of dia homes. Which is understandable!

For someone like me, i don’t need to be a foreigner to know that it is foolishness to request a ride when you’re not ready to move.

Once i pick my phone to request a ride am ready, i can see his movements via the app once he enter my close i don commot for my house gate go meet am. No be say he go con reach dey call me hello sir am here!

But most riders will be forming boss wasting drivers time, if they con see paid waiting they will be screaming fraud.

9 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 10:57am On Nov 09, 2021
Felicity0001:

Me too still teyingnto figure out which one way dey airport abi him enter from the exit gate?grin or shey him take one way because of traffic?? If the later is the case let him just pay the money or offer them 20/25k and go do thanks giving.

Why him go follow one way when him no carry army general inside the car
Don't mind me, I mean that road if you want to connect airport from apapa oworo express. I no wan type plenty ma him make me just shorten am to airport hoping una go don grab lol
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by komodapson(m): 10:58am On Nov 09, 2021
adolphus08:

Will answer ur questions as best I can.
I use a vivo y12 with octocore processor.
I drive a Toyota Camry 2003. 2.4l engine.
I stay just before Abijo but I leave my house between 6and8am.
And I put on my bolt driver's app while driving out of my house till I get to skymall where I wait for my first request.
I sometimes get a request b4 then.
I try to accept and deliver on every request before 5pm. After which I start driving towards the island and set my destination towards my house.
It doesn't work all the time.
Sometimes I get to ikoyi or vi without a ride towards my house and I release the lock and free it accepting only one or two short rides.
Evening traffic usually is bad on the island.
But every once in a while I get one or two good request going towards my house.
For long trips I can accept pick ups of up to 10minutes.
And wait for about 5 minutes.
There are times the riders changed their minds while on a long trip but it's not often.
The major fault is that the average time inbetween conclusion of a ride and getting a new request is too long.
Especially in areas with surge.

It reduces at night.
Hope u can help with the info supplied.

Na the key issue be this gàngán, in which I noticed over 2months ago. I may be wrong, but this seems largely due to more influx of Drivers in this rideshare industry, and also the purchasing power (disposable income) majority people has dwindled , no thanks to galloping inflation. grin

Make I no lie you, Bolt/Uber ride is becoming a luxury these days and that's why at slightest hitch, the rider gets angry.

@Felicity... I noticed on Sunday, there's increasing numbers of "new users" on Indriver app platform . It got to a point, the entire request log were from "New Users"...
Did you take cognisance of this in recent times?

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 11:00am On Nov 09, 2021
komodapson:

Baba how far? My Vehicle license don expire and nah only N2700 dey my hand, u get any plug for VLO?

0806 497 9557 TJ... Mention my moniker to him he'll get it done and send to you asap.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dTransporter: 11:06am On Nov 09, 2021
Pearl1910:

The truth is u can get trips to anywhere from anywhere. Ikoyi is faily okay but on working days, from d Island to Gbagada is more likely during closing hours around Victoria Island. Let me leak one of my favorite spots, hope I will not begin to see u guys crowd d place grin if I find myself in VI from 4.30 and I want to go to d mainland, one of the places I like to position is inside Sanusi Fafunwa, park before the second turn on ur left so u can easily access the area because of the one-ways. This street is central and u can access 3 of the 4 main zones of Victoria Island. I can get trip from Left (Oko Awo/Karimu Kotun) and Right (Ayemo Alakija/Idowu Tailor/Church Gate) of this street as it is packed with companies and offices. U can get a trip from Adeola Odeku/Akin Adesola/Kofo Abayomi/Idowu Martins Axis, u can easily go back to Eko hotel/Adetokunbo Ademola Axis to pick a Rider. The idea is to position where there is high density demand inother to increase the probability of getting a trip to ur prefered zone.
Hope this helps.

Thanks alot man for sharing. This is appreciated.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 11:07am On Nov 09, 2021
deedee44:

Don't mind me, I mean that road if you want to connect airport from apapa oworo express. I no wan type plenty ma him make me just shorten am to airport hoping una go don grab lol

That was the same road they caught me and I paid 22k.

Same road one of us here narrowly escaped from last week too na...

Each time updates like this is shared here let's do our part by calling those we know to give them update so they don't fall prey to these thieves.

Just tell him to settle them and go his way there's nothing anybody can do on this.

Sorry bro

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 11:13am On Nov 09, 2021
Felicity0001:

Are you afraid to tell us what you told them face to face?

Many at times people will share theur experience giving words to words details and you'll be the first to castigate, why did you say this, why did you say that? Often times you and a few like northbird, dru23, cheerfulgiver and a few more I can't remember have shamed talked people who shared their experience but you all have never been bold for once to share some of your bad experiences so that others can learn but you're fast to chuck mouth demonize and even blame somebody for a simple mistake as if you are any better. Hypocrites.

I tell dem well face to face... Oga if you no fit tell us watin U tell them shut up grin

U again...
Wisdom is profitable to direct. In all thy getting, get wisdom.
And
Always avoid the urge to shalaye.

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davit: 11:14am On Nov 09, 2021
Most ehailing drivers are used to this. Such a power we gat menh

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Mukah1234(m): 11:14am On Nov 09, 2021
Felicity0001:

Each time updates like this is shared here let's do our part by calling those we know to give them update so they don't fall prey to these thieves.

Just tell him to settle them and go his way there's nothing anybody can do on this.

Sorry bro

I always reject every airport request because of this. I just feel there are so many traffic offense trap one would fall into if one is not knowledgeable.

Can someone please explain this road to me assuming I’m coming from Mile 2?

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davit: 11:18am On Nov 09, 2021
Africans are always the other way round.
northbird:

Because you wasted time. Once you get a notice, prepare to come out.

All the Asians I have picked up, they were waiting and looking out for me and not the other way round.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 11:24am On Nov 09, 2021
northbird:

Baba. You need to see the Chinese riders I hv encountered, very efficient. These guys don't waste time.

I mean the last one, I picked from Sheraton hotel going to V. I. The guy was already waiting for me at the lobby. Infact, I learned something new that day.

They never ask colour of ur car, type of car, name or anything. They are always standing outside and immediately they see u, they wave u down.
Some naija girls will see u and stand like statue expecting u to know that they are d one, if u don't drive up to them they will shout "come forward nau" If u drive past them small...they will shout "wait now, didn't u see me?" Like how am I supposed to know its u, u r d one with all my details, I don't have a picture of u or what u r wearing na. Some will come and ask u "are u my driver?" or are you my Bolt, then I ask them what's ur name?...I think that's the most annoying question I get. But I understand, we are a low IQ people so it's expected.

17 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davit: 11:33am On Nov 09, 2021
No be small thing jàre. This is more reason wrong drivers will pick them with bought accounts and they won't know.
Pearl1910:

They never ask colour of ur car, type of car, name or anything. They are always standing outside and immediately they see u, they wave u down.
Some naija girls will see u and stand like statue expecting u to know that they are d one, if u don't drive up to them they will shout "come forward nau" If u drive past them small...they will shout "wait now, didn't u see me?" Like how am I supposed to know its u, u r d one with all my details, I don't have a picture of u or what u r wearing na. Some will come and ask u "are u my driver?" or are you my Bolt, then I ask them what's ur name?...I think that's the most annoying question I get. But I understand, we are a low IQ people so it's expected.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by YeyeGbami: 11:44am On Nov 09, 2021
Mukah1234:

I always reject every airport request because of this. I just feel there are so many traffic offense trap one would fall into if one is not knowledgeable.

Can someone please explain this road to me assuming I’m coming from Mile 2?

Coming from mile2 you have to enter via iyana isolo bridge since the useless people refuse to open the bridge that takes you directly to airport rd.

The thing hard me to describe. Use the iyana isolo bridge to access the other service lane coming from oshodi then go through aswani RD to link osolo way. Osolo way takes you directly to airport rd 7/8 bus stop. Keep right climb the new bridge and it takes you to service lane facing airport rd.

I swear na the map dey carry people pass that one way. Always enter through aswani guys, going through that DHL takes you directly to that slope and the weyre cops will be waiting.

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 12:09pm On Nov 09, 2021
Guys, I just saw this somewhere and it motivated me, hope it motivates you too.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 12:12pm On Nov 09, 2021
Felicity0001:

Sorry bro
Yeah I've told him to settle them.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mejai(m): 12:14pm On Nov 09, 2021
Pearl1910:

QED!!

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 12:22pm On Nov 09, 2021
Wait, abeg this one way, if I'm going to the airport from Lekki. N I take the apapa /Oworonshoki express, instead of using Maryland.

Are you saying the small untarred detour to the right is the one way or which one Abeg.?

I hate isolo trips, ladipo, aswani, and all that axis. embarassedThe uniformed men there are just too hungry.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by YeyeGbami: 12:29pm On Nov 09, 2021
northbird:
Wait, abeg this one way, if I'm going to the airport from Lekki. N I take the apapa /Oworonshoki express, instead of using Maryland.

Are you saying the small untarred detour to the right is the one way or which one Abeg.?

I hate isolo trips, ladipo, aswani, and all that axis. embarassedThe uniformed men there are just too hungry.

That one na straight to airport. No shaking.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 12:29pm On Nov 09, 2021
YeyeGbami:

Coming from mile2 you have to enter via iyana isolo bridge since the useless people refuse to open the bridge that takes you directly to airport rd.

The thing hard me to describe. Use the iyana isolo bridge to access the other service lane coming from oshodi then go through aswani RD to link osolo way. Osolo way takes you directly to airport rd 7/8 bus stop. Keep right climb the new bridge and it takes you to service lane facing airport rd.

I swear na the map dey carry people pass that one way. Always enter through aswani guys, going through that DHL takes you directly to that slope and the weyre cops will be waiting.

Omo...see construction. U took time , energy and pain to do this. Tomorrow another person go still come ask the same question.
Well-done Sir

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by YeyeGbami: 12:32pm On Nov 09, 2021
Pearl1910:

Omo...see construction. U took time , energy and pain to do this. Tomorrow another person go still come ask the same question.
Well-done Sir

Bro we go need to nickname that route las las. Person suppose fit report that route.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 12:32pm On Nov 09, 2021
northbird:

No ooo nothing concern u with one-way if u r coming from Anthony-Oshodi end.
And that untared slide right road u r referring to is now smooth like butter grin

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 12:34pm On Nov 09, 2021
YeyeGbami:

Bro we go need to nickname that route las las. Person suppose fit report that route.

Yea...we suppose report that route Google map they mislead people. But u can't report a route, u can report that small part of the road is one-way though. Then maybe Google map will change.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 12:36pm On Nov 09, 2021
Very very true.

northbird:

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 12:39pm On Nov 09, 2021
Felicity0001:

Cry some moregrin

Why are you quoting this man again?

Let there be peace on this thread today

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by komodapson(m): 12:56pm On Nov 09, 2021
BAZ001:

Thank you boss, you saved my ass with this post

Got request 1.9 to Chevy view estate
Rider: where are you
Me: ur estate gate
Rider : your name bla bla
Security man: next building on your right
.... 8mins waiting

Me: calling rider but phone busy
Rider called: where are you
Me: inside your estate
R: okay I’m coming
Na so I open nairaland too see new drama or gbas gbos or new motivation ...
I saw avoid chevron, orchid road and likes
Flip my google map and saw 35mins delay.
Chaiii how do I escape from dis estate mbok ?
Rider: (ring ring) I’m outside I can’t see u
Me: I’m at block B
Rider I’m at block D opposite B
Me: security told me it’s dis building
Rider: (raising her voice ) Oga I can’t see you and I’m outside
Me: is there any other block D cos I can see block D opposite me (I was already reversing)
I saw her standing in front of her block
Rider: is dt you reversing
Me : yes
Rider: okay see me here
Just like six walking step dis girl want me to turn and pick her at her Parlour. Other riders walked out to the main road to enter their cabs.
You get two heads?
I just activated d Hoodlum driver sense.
Started my low mileage Camry and was driving slowly while she was staring at me.
She called and I picked with millionaire driver’s voice
Rider: oga where are you going
Me: I don’t want wahala dis afternoon, d sun is too much.
Rider: what do you mean
Me: I ve canceled d ride
Rider: why did you cancel ?
Me: you look troublesome and I don’t want trouble.

I quickly cut d line before she abuse me
Na so I jappa from chevron traffic

Thanks to you and Juwonmania

Mehn!!!....I read this up to 5times and can't stop laughing.
Mehn!!!....You be Sir Wereey...walai...thumbs up mehn...wàgbáyí...
Were you reversing with the engine revving slowly? grin grin grin

"E dey pain"

The scenario could be likened to a Driver encountering LASTMA from a distance on a one-way stretch of road... grin

But you were able to pull that stunt simply because na you get your ride ó, ehn ehn... Cos if na Rentals/HP you go don shook head...

Nice one

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (4220) (4221) (4222) (4223) (4224) (4225) (4226) ... (5692) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: Aiziko, Sirchiboy and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.