Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,835 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:44 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (4364) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4751833 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4361) (4362) (4363) (4364) (4365) (4366) (4367) ... (5691) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 8:43pm On Jan 06, 2022
Felicity0001:

Na only this mopol gun shoot go fit stop this fight from happening today...

Me patiently waiting for this guy.
I don tell am anything I drink here na him go paygrin

This job is not for the fainted hearted

Be like you don meet a hoodlum rider today.

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by SHOOPSYN(m): 8:46pm On Jan 06, 2022
BAZ001:

In the olden days if you can’t read or write you are an illiterate.
But this our generation if you can’t operate (apps / techy / online ) you are an illiterate, even if you can read or write.
Though Corner44 talks about semi-illiterate grin only him can explain grin

So I don’t care your level of education if you can’t operate simple apps like banking apps , ehailing apps, Snapchat, Twitter, wether on android or iPhone you are an illiterate.
There is nothing you can tell me today ,
Once I hear
“Where are you”’,
what’s the color of your car?
What’s you name ?
Can you on your hazzal light grin (festac girl)
Are you my driver ?
If you like wear suit and have phd you are an illiterate.

Having said that , we have 3 types of drivers approach to this hustle
1. Hoodlum driver approach : very high temper, waiting for rider to mess up and dey flare up, shout at you, like you and rider get personal beef before.

2. Ikejamanism/simps like or mumu approach
Licking riders Ass cos of ratings, Shouting yes ma upandan, going down to open boot, carrying bags and undies for ladies, dashing dem 500# and keep d change

3. Veteran approach:
They only care about d trip, is it surge, is it cash trip, is it long distance , is it good road. They may not greet you at all or care if you ask stupid question. Just let’s go.

In all, the mood of the driver per time and quality of trip determines their approach.

I’m not against you or your post just stating my point, in fact Some or must drivers too are illiterate but story for other day.

I understand we need to be calming down too But dis Lagos no dey help matter.
Many are mad few are roaming

How on earth will you exclude or forget LazyD approach?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Glithronix: 8:49pm On Jan 06, 2022
Felicity0001:

Asweargrin now just imagine because of winter see where I find myself after Uber brought me here ooh now they're telling me rubbish...

thank God Bolt to the rescue even if na lekki ph1 I no mind blow empty reach house from there because nobody go gree enter sole for Benz grin wahala for uber driver with Benzgrin

The only thing now is how long do i need to wait b4 I'll c the lekki self.

God help me today... Amen!

Just 1 trip on Uber since yesterday that app has been on oooh.
I greet you, boss.
Below the screenshot you attached here, it says "your vehicle is not allowed to operate in ikorodu."
It is because it's a Benz or some other reason(s)?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by YeyeGbami: 8:50pm On Jan 06, 2022
Glithronix:

We newbies plenty for here. You can see that from the number of like on this post.
Thanks very much, boss. More wisdom.
To drive like ants noted. grin
Saute.

Don’t mind him, na ant himself be. Everybody knows.

If you drive like ant nothing will happen. Worst case your engine breakdown and before then you go don make money to rent house for chevy view. To buy another engine or car will be easy.
Someone did here.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 9:19pm On Jan 06, 2022
peeps4u:

The way I laugh at some posts most times I come to this thread, it might make one look crazy to people around.

Aswear.

Hypocrites everywhere.

na so cherfulgiver preach preach sotey him car pack up... Baba no dey practice watin him dey preachgrin if not why him car go pack up?

Car he claimed to maintain well, even do defensive driving join yet car still pack up.

That's why i laugh some times when I c some comments here abt this guy. You don't know who a person truly is until you live/deal with them. Though no one is perfect but some people we think are good are really bad if you get close to them.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 9:41pm On Jan 06, 2022
Pearl1910:

Ewo... protocol should be bypassed ke. Maybe in his police headquarters, not in a private estate. Whether they recognize him or not. He should wait for his host to call d gate. Do u know d caliber of people living on that estate? Commissioner of police na their boy grin

Even person when senior am for rank hushpuppy send am message go tailor, how much more cp of Lagos.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 9:48pm On Jan 06, 2022
stephenponti:

Check these
1. Blocked catalytic converter
2. Clogged muddy comdenser & radiator
3. Low water/ fluid on reservoir or leakage
4. Non efficient fan
5. Stuck temostart

I'm not sure I still have (1)&(5)
Will look into (2)&(4)
(3) is not the problem
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by komodapson(m): 9:49pm On Jan 06, 2022
dru23:

There is way you handle things professionally .. Do you know how many times customers will call me and ask stupid questions . Some will do like they are doing me favour because they are buying oil from me . Some will order products and not pay .

The way some of these customers talk to me some times is degrading . But I still calm down and be patient with them.

And I hate speaking with an American accent at times.i try to come down to people's level . but once I change it for them with USA accent in a firm and respectful tone of voice .
They usually calm down and talk to me with more respect. So at times you have to use different approach for each customers. But overall staying calm and keeping control is the most important thing. Have worked for years in customer service industry . So my customer service skill is pretty good .....

This forum doesn't seem to amaze me. So, immediately you pop up the volume with your so-called "American accent", it turbo charges you and elevates you above others and fall on their knees in adulation...

Mehn!!!.... I taya for my people

This statement of yours depicts two (2) things for people with strong judgemental acumen -
(1) Your personality can be deduced from this act & reasoning
(2) The Caliber of individuals you claim to do business with, whom at few decibels of a so - called "American accent" ,pitching their eardrums , they get shivers down their Spines ....

Kanu-the-goat you dey see your people... Neocolonialism

But jokes apart buddy, where is your Outlet located, I'll like to have a feel of this American oratory prowess, maybe I go fall under anointing...

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by DMechyy: 9:52pm On Jan 06, 2022
samobaba4u:

LASESMA trailer batched my car and they tried to intimidate me. They even called their toying van to come and toy my vehicle away when I blocked the ikorodu road. I was persuaded by people to follow them to their office because a LASTMA officer confirmed what happened to the police. But on getting their office, they changed the story that I forced myself through.
Now my insurance coy AXA demanded I should bring letter from them, copy of driver's license of the truck driver and copy of their insurance which they refused.
In a situation like this, what is the best way to go about it? I have comprehensive insurance on my car.

Though I have had to handle repairs from Clients that had AXA insurance and they paid with plenty aguements and trying to lowball on repair cost. My direct response is always, see, I don't have to handle repairs. The quote I gave is best price and I ain't dropping shi shi. And tell my customer not to bulge.

Nevertheless, I have always had an inclination of things like this happening. Where it is easy to collect money, but when you want to make claims they turn to tiger and start turn turn turning you around like turn table till you vex and leave the money with them.

I like to be in charge, and not at the mercy of anybody. The Nigerian factor is turning a beautiful and necessary business practice to a nightmare.
Till further notice, saving problem money is better. May we not enter wahala. Amen

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by stephenponti(m): 9:57pm On Jan 06, 2022
Crvrider:

I'm not sure I still have (1)&(5)
Will look into (2)&(4)
(3) is not the problem

I forgot to add bad water pump.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 10:03pm On Jan 06, 2022
peeps4u:

Be like you don meet a hoodlum rider today.

If No be say Uber don pay me the money I for teach am lesson say na me be their president.

na Gbagada I pick am from his huz I suppose so he has no where he can run to but thank God uber paud me the complete money after I reported the trip.

You guys should save his No oh he may want to try it to another driver.

But how do I see the money in my wallet now because my balance is still the same

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 10:05pm On Jan 06, 2022
Felicity0001:

Aswear.

Hypocrites everywhere.

na so cherfulgiver preach preach sotey him car pack up... Baba no dey practice watin him dey preachgrin if not why him car go pack up?

Car he claimed to maintain well, even do defensive driving join yet car still pack up.

That's why i laugh some times when I c some comments here abt this guy. You don't know who a person truly is until you live/deal with them. Though no one is perfect but some people we think are good are really bad if you get close to them.

Leave CheerfulGiver he has followed farehnz and jesusson. I only pity d people that rushed into the hustle cos of his dashboard. Slow and steady wins the race.

But em emm dis your last statement are you referring to someone in particular?
Cos some pple already concluded in their mind.
This 2022 may God not allow us meet bad people grin

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 10:07pm On Jan 06, 2022
Glithronix:

I greet you, boss.
Below the screenshot you attached here, it says "your vehicle is not allowed to operate in ikorodu."
It is because it's a Benz or some other reason(s)?

The thing self is beyond my comprehension o but after I drove out of that area to Skymall, Ajah I was able to go online.

It's Lakowe not ikorodu.

Both Uber and Bolt see that place as Ikorodu reason why one will get request from ikorodu each time you're around that axis. The annoying part is , rider will call and still ask you. "Where are you"? "Are you coming"?

Coming kill you diagrin

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 10:30pm On Jan 06, 2022
YeyeGbami:

If you drive like ant nothing will happen. Worst case your engine breakdown and before then you go don make money to rent house for chevy view. To buy another engine or car will be easy.
Someone did here.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 10:32pm On Jan 06, 2022
komodapson:

This forum doesn't seem to amaze me. So, immediately you pop up the volume with your so-called "American accent", it turbo charges you and elevates you above others and fall on their knees in adulation...

Mehn!!!.... I taya for my people

This statement of yours depicts two (2) things for people with strong judgemental acumen -
(1) Your personality can be deduced from this act & reasoning
(2) The Caliber of individuals you claim to do business with, whom at few decibels of a so - called "American accent" ,pitching their eardrums , they get shivers down their Spines ....

Kanu-the-goatyou dey see your people... Neocolonialism

But jokes apart buddy, where is your Outlet located, I'll like to have a feel of this American oratory prowess, maybe I go fall under anointing...

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by komodapson(m): 10:35pm On Jan 06, 2022
obinoral1179:
Most drivers and most Riders are suffering from Entitlement mentality....Na me get car and na me dey pay mindset....

You've said it all. Flesh and blood did not reveal this to you.
Now, you've highlighted one of the issues, the second thing you failed to highlight is "Values"...
What do you place value on or what are your Values?.... Our country has been thrown to the dogs, several decades back.
Some school of thought will quickly rush down and say - "Na values go pay my bills"

Yes, it won't pay your bills, but it'll affect your psyche , invariably affect your reasoning ,becomes subconscious, becomes habitual and you could start acting irrational at slightest sound of buzzer

Just the way and manner someone said at the utterances of few speeches similar to Donald Trump, his/her customers get doused with ashes of humility. That is "Value" grin

Olosho...wey you go carry inside megamond estate, inside lekki county homes who has being battered since Friday, with her Cappa'd alberto italian contractor man, has worked assiduously for her crispy currency notes -
she kon call you.."Oga where are you now"

The choice is yours as a Driver - to honour her request or not, depending on your mood, Period of the day and destination as well...

Mind you, the Driver has paid his dues also, years of rentals, lastma wahala, police, airport clamp down , breakdown, apogbon - eko bridge-ikorodu car jackers, fake alert, uche pearl cum bolt wahala, unpaid ride to mention a few...

But there must be a tangent (meeting point) between riders&drivers...Na that one, no one fit predict...

So, whichever suits you....
Don't put the whole blame on Driver/Rider...but rather the entire Society...

Gracias....

8 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 10:40pm On Jan 06, 2022
You guys should leave cheerfulgiver alone, especially felicity001 and Baz001

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by humblesteve(m): 11:16pm On Jan 06, 2022
Dailyparrot:
I think some drivers take what the read here so serious and act on it, hook, line, and sinker.

Please, your rider is not your enemy. They are your customers. You need them as much as they need you. Being unnecessarily rude and hostile especially when the rider hasn't given you any reason to do so is unacceptable.

My sister ordered a ride and when the driver arrived, my sister was gesturing for him to wind down his glass so she can confirm he's her driver but the driver ignored her and kept a straight face.

He rather was inside gesturing to my sister to open the door. When she finally did, the guy was asking her if she didn't see the details of his car on the app.

Mehn, you don't just start quarreling with people especially someone you are to provide a service to when there's no provocation at all.

All of us here that complain of riders not reading the car details are guilty of not paying attention to some certain things in the daily services that we receive. Let's learn to be patient and tolerant in this business please.

Once a rider asks me the color of my car, I don't hesitate to tell him or her because it's faster and less stressful to do so than arguing on whether or not the rider can't read the details in the car.

In some cases, the rider may not be knowledgeable enough to know that those other details are in the app. Some of these guys are not that tech savvy. You might be surprised to know that some people use Android phones but have never opened Google Chrome or any browser on their phones. All they know is Facebook, Instagram, etc. Apps, apps only. They can't even make a Google search.

Please, it's a service not a war. Your rider is not your enemy.
God bless you so much for this. I’ve learnt some of them just come here to say (even sugar coat) things for the likes. Some ain’t any better than the riders. I’m sure some of their wife’s don’t even say good morning to them in the morning but they’d rather fight a stranger for not saluting them. Lol. If you’re too big for the job, quit !!!

You can’t be carrying your age for head like an award
Omo that’s too childish Abeg

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by humblesteve(m): 11:25pm On Jan 06, 2022
obinoral1179:
Most drivers and most Riders are suffering from Entitlement mentality....Na me get car and na me dey pay mindset....
You’re right.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Shygon2(m): 11:25pm On Jan 06, 2022
My people pls am an Uber driver pls I need a car to drive I reside in ikorodu Lagos any link will be highly appreciate, thanks all, 08163046454
BAZ001:

Leave CheerfulGiver he has followed farehnz and jesusson. I only pity d people that rushed into the hustle cos of his dashboard. Slow and steady wins the race.

But em emm dis your last statement are you referring to someone in particular?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Glithronix: 11:47pm On Jan 06, 2022
YeyeGbami:

Someone did here.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Okay, boss. grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Glithronix: 11:49pm On Jan 06, 2022
Felicity0001:

The thing self is beyond my comprehension o but after I drove out of that area to Skymall, Ajah I was able to go online.

It's Lakowe not ikorodu.

Both Uber and Bolt see that place as Ikorodu reason why one will get request from ikorodu each time you're around that axis. The annoying part is , rider will call and still ask you. "Where are you"? "Are you coming"?

Coming kill you dia
grin
Okay bros. Now I understand.
To the @bold Kikikikikikikikik... grin grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 4:50am On Jan 07, 2022
BAZ001:

But em emm[b] dis your last statement are you referring to someone in particular? [/b]

They know themselves... Let's leave it at thatgrin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 4:54am On Jan 07, 2022
peeps4u:
You guys should leave cheerfulgiver alone, especially felicity001 and Baz001

We shall continue to remember himgrin

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by iCloud007: 6:42am On Jan 07, 2022
Felicity0001:

It's Lakowe not ikorodu.

This uncle was going to Ojota �
Coming kill you diagrin

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by bigug04(m): 6:45am On Jan 07, 2022
Felicity0001:

Lies! My current DL was done online in Benin while my inlaw picked it up and sent to me in Lagos. Recapture was by-pass... Get info from the horses mouth instead of those unqualified illiterates walking in our parastatals collecting monthly salaries from tax payers.

How long did yours take to come out? When last did you capture or recapture? Did you capture before this one your inlaw picked for you?

I have this problem and I wanted to discuss this with you, i tried to contact you but you haven't responded. It's saying that I have to recapture.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by slydog(m): 6:49am On Jan 07, 2022
Pls who has experienced this?
I'm heading to my office just now and wanted to put on destination ride request and got this?
I just started bolt on the 24th of last month, what could be the issue?
Lately I've been doing card rides and for the first time my fund with bolt hit 10k, I've not even done up to 50 rides since I started because I do this in my spare time.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by slydog(m): 7:37am On Jan 07, 2022
Lol, so they can block someone for 10years.
Let me go and do uber inspection

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 8:18am On Jan 07, 2022
bigug04:

How long did yours take to come out? When last did you capture or recapture? Did you capture before this one your inlaw picked for you?

I have this problem and I wanted to discuss this with you, i tried to contact you but you haven't responded. It's saying that I have to recapture.

Sorry for not responding to my mail I was busy chasing money when ur mail dropped into my box.

There are two means of DL renewal,

1) Via physical renewal which is visiting any of the FRSC office to get a temporary DL same day pending when the plastic is out... I don't call it permanent since it expires so its not permanent to me. This requires you to recapture for the temporary to be printed out in a papersheet to you. This has a validity period of 1 month

2) Via their online channel, you log onto their website with your DL number and your initial details will be open, here, if you click Yes to recapturing then you'll then need to go back to step 1 above after making payment in the bank then take your payment slip for recapturing. Clicking No means they should bypass capturing after all they already have your passport photograph on their data from the last/first time you did your licence so you only chose a processing centre convenient for you.

I did my first biometric in Lagos and I was in another state when it expired so I choose the state I currently was but then travelled again back to Lagos due to logistic so I'd somebody picked it up for me when it was ready while I drove with the online printout and bank payment slip.

Any police way stop you for driving with the printout document is a thief tell am say make him carry you go their station to see the DPO.

The only think you can do with the online print out is upload load on either Uber or Bolt because it's doesn't have the temporary DL format. Its A4 document Uber dont accept this format yet.

So chose your poison accordingly.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 8:18am On Jan 07, 2022
Felicity0001:

Aswear.

Hypocrites everywhere.

Lolz ... U no go do ur post without calling this guy name?

What u said is true sha...that's why I wan know u personally. Make I check whether u be better person, bad person or mad man grin cos I no understand how veteran like you go get new account and under 2weeks u don run am down to 4.30

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 8:24am On Jan 07, 2022
slydog:
Lol, so they can block someone for 10years.
Let me go and do uber inspection

Tackle them back, tell them to provide proof of the fraudulent activities they claim you committed and see how they change dance step.

I have experience this severally b4 and after much back and front mail they unblocked my account Immidiately.

Bolt likes drivers who dances to their beat. Very foolish people. Just that they're the only app that suit your job due to its destination feature. Uber won't give you that because you can't set destination any time you want.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 8:51am On Jan 07, 2022
Pearl1910:

Lolz ... U no go do ur post without calling this guy name?

What u said is true sha...that's why I wan know u personally. Make I check whether u be better person, bad person or mad man grin cos I no understand how veteran like you go get new account and under 2weeks u don run am down to 4.30

My brother na yesterday and a day b4 I truly know why.

Frost exprience.

Got a request somewhere in apapa, from several experience over there the Gmap/Bolt map are not really accurate and since I'm not too familiar with the environ its difficult getting to the rider. After about 4 unsuccessful PU I managed to get close to this very one.

Called this young Hausa mother I was on the street she asked me locate she said she's walking down to me. Almost 15min paid waiting I didn't see them I'd to call again, this time she ended the call with a hissing sign, a big red flag but due to the winter I ignored not knowing I was in for something worse.

I was almost going when she called back that she has seen me that I should reverse. I did and saw 4 women of which 3 were with a baby. She was the first to enter the car with a stone face, no greeting at all, no apology but was murmuring and speaking Hausa to her sisters. Another sat behind me and greeted but I never knew she was talking to me so I didn't respond.
She went to the boot and out her things and came back inside, oga I dey greet u b4 you no even answer me.
Me: sorry I didn't hear you.
She: okay no problem.
The one that requested was still saying things I don't understand but I heard her mentioned Benz.

The one without a baby sat in front. Me no even bother look at theur faces because I just want to get paid and move on.

The one that requested didn't want me to use the map even though it was to the fasted route and from the knowledge and experience I already have I didn't argue so i asked her to direct me. They where going behind Kirikiri Max. prison.

All I said throughout is which way pls?

Got to destination and she was asking me to drive into the gated compound I bluntly decline, parked right in front of the gate and t ended trip... N1900. (After all this 45min 13km drive?) Abeg just pay me carry your wahala go.

She started by saying do you have change?
Me: how much are you giving to me
She handed over to me two 1k notes.
Me: do you have N100 let me give you N200 because I don't have N100 change.
She: I don't have change o, I dont have change... Her attitude was really bad all along I'd never seen such a disrespectful Hausa lady ever b4. She checked her bag and saw one dirty N100 note me too gave her the the most rough N200 nite I'd.

Immidiately my rating which has been struggling dropped from 4.41 to 4.36 or there about.

She probably dropped 3 or 4 stars rating while me I dropped 1 star, I don't ever want to meet her again.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (4361) (4362) (4363) (4364) (4365) (4366) (4367) ... (5691) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: Gentlechika(m), Fatbam005 and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.