Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,806 members, 7,817,336 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:31 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (4384) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4749022 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4381) (4382) (4383) (4384) (4385) (4386) (4387) ... (5691) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by humblesteve(m): 2:23pm On Jan 16, 2022
grin cheesy
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 2:26pm On Jan 16, 2022
Barbiturate:

The man is tribalistic! After asking questions about the position and my experience, he was impressed with my response, atleast from the look on his face. Then he asked me where I am from, I said Enugu. He just shouted....."Ahhhh, omo Igbo(Igbo man)

I started speaking Yoruba. Told him I was born and bred here. He wasn't having it. He said I should stop speaking Yoruba to him. That I am still omo Igbo, that I don't have the passport!

He asked some other questions like: Do you have a car? Are you married? Etc.

After the interview, I knew I wasn't his choice, but the daughter (Raisa) assured me that I would get the job cos I'm her choice. She later called me that they got someone for the job, but I would have to be an assistant to the person. I accepted, but since then, I've not heard from her.

5 series of interview.
2 with the daughter
1 with the HR
2 with baba.

Each of them, they gave me 5k trans package, that's 25k.

So sad! I just imagine how dehumanized you'd felt after such a ugly experiences. Racial and tribal discrimination is something that can never be eradicated in this world.

So sad!

That word omo igbo is a tribal slur some people from a particular tribe we all know use to describe the eastern people and even the one that this derogatory word is being used at doesn't even know its a tribal slur and should not be tolerated. In my hood any of my pal that uses that word to nickname or call me I give the person a straight warning or insult him enough that he regrets his life. Like! What sort of nonsense word is that? Omo igbo! Meaning what I hate people who use that word. They're idiot, sycophants and tribal bigots. I stay away from them. They can gang up to kill you in the dark.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gudvibes06: 2:26pm On Jan 16, 2022
Anyway no be me register the vehicle and I have called the owner and that is what is writen on the costom paper

Pearl1910:

Hmmmmm... Swear say na mistake.

People do his thing to bypass change of ownership or reregister a stolen car with new plates.

As small as it seems, Na big problem in d eyes of Police o.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Barbiturate(m): 2:40pm On Jan 16, 2022
Felicity001:

So sad! I just imagine how dehumanized you'd felt after such a ugly experiences. Racial and tribal discrimination is something that can never be eradicated in this world.

Omo I weak that day! I com dey wander why Naija no be like China wey dey speak one language.

That's a bygone sha.

I don move on with my bolt hustle cheesy

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by komodapson(m): 2:42pm On Jan 16, 2022
Felicity001:

What you're trying to say is a forward reaction not a reverse reaction grin

If Pearl = Uche

Uche ≠ pearl

gringrin

Wó...God bless you...na chemistry shey? with all those brackets (aq) aqueous, (g) gas (s) solid...omo e don tey ó...

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 2:50pm On Jan 16, 2022
Gudvibes06:
Anyway no be me register the vehicle and I have called the owner and that is what is writen on the costom paper

Leave the problem to the owner of the car to resolve then.

Only come in when he askes for your support either financially

The last car I rented, when the guy called me to inquire from me if I can drive a tinted car the first question I asked him was "are the papers genuine? He said yes.

A month after one DSP scanned abd found out the tint permit was faked. I quickly called him and he brought 8k while me I dropped 2k to settle police. The next day I removed the tint myself and didn't pay him for that day work because police spoilt my day for me with arrest and delay. I also deducted my 2k from the weekly remittance.

No time.

Let him go and redo the paper

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 2:52pm On Jan 16, 2022
komodapson:

Wó...God bless you...na chemistry shey? with all those brackets (aq) aqueous, (g) gas (s) solid...omo e don tey ó...

Omo... All those chemical reaction no bring money ooh na driving dey bring the raba now abeg... Leave all those things jaregringrin

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by komodapson(m): 2:56pm On Jan 16, 2022
Felicity001:

Omo... All those chemical reaction no bring money ooh na driving dey bring the raba now abeg... Leave all those things jaregringrin

It does, shebi una dey argue about oyel for here grin

Omo...how the hustle dey go, omo I'm yet to go on any ride since first Sunday of January. I'm surprised I'm still alive, I thought I should be dead by now...
Preoccupied with IELTs wahala, make N83k no enter bush the second time grin ... But how street be baba, I miss those my Oloshos ó, those in Anthony-mende, Ikeja, akowonjo, baruwa - Sagari estate....not forgetting the rude - upcoming Unilag - yaba ones....

My regards to them all, I wish them more remittances this year...please its preelection year ó...I pray not to lose anyone of them to desperate politicians & ritualist ó...
I love them all.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gudvibes06: 3:08pm On Jan 16, 2022
To redo the paper no be issue na cos I no notice am only affidavit go solve the issue na to comot here cos these ones dey ask for 30k I just on up the money to 10k now if dem go collect
Felicity001:

Leave the problem to the owner of the car to resolve then.

Only come in when he askes for your support either financially

The last car I rented, when the guy called me to inquire from me if I can drive a tinted car the first question I asked him was "are the papers genuine? He said yes.

A month after one DSP scanned abd found out the tint permit was faked. I quickly called him and he brought 8k while me I dropped 2k to settle police. The next day I removed the tint myself and didn't pay him for that day work because police spoilt my day for me with arrest and delay. I also deducted my 2k from the weekly remittance.

No time.

Let him go and redo the paper
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ReadaDream(m): 3:08pm On Jan 16, 2022
Pearl1910:

Omo...oga of trip selection
I they select trip die. I no they joke with my rider App; I must check estimate. If I'm not getting at least 2500 on your trip, I no go go. Except I just want to use the trip to reposition or get out of a dead zone.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by komodapson(m): 3:13pm On Jan 16, 2022
Gudvibes06:
Pls anyone with police connect pls I need your help abeg this week tire me

On a Sunday... Which kind wahala be this...let them book you on the counter , write statement and charge you to court. If you can be calm to do the above, na police go dash you money last last.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gudvibes06: 3:18pm On Jan 16, 2022
And my car no go reach 1 week for here that way?
komodapson:

On a Sunday... Which kind wahala be this...let them book you on the counter , write statement and charge you to court. If you can be calm to do the above, na police go dash you money last last.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by komodapson(m): 3:19pm On Jan 16, 2022
Gudvibes06:
To redo the paper no be issue na cos I no notice am only affidavit go solve the issue na to comot here cos these ones dey ask for 30k I just on up the money to 10k now if dem go collect

You too dey bè...if dem get TV for station, feel relaxed...go buy coke & egg roll dey watch Afcon...na dem go call you last last sè., how mush u get..or worst let them charge you to court, and end up paying N1000 fine or one ridiculous amount grin dem no fit go through this rigorous process grin

Once police hold me, I know my day as come to an end, na me dey hurry dem for road make we go station go park the car, & drop the keys, say my wife is pregnant....

Craze is requisite to live in this naija...una no go gree

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nezzjnr: 3:26pm On Jan 16, 2022
Felicity001:

So sad!

That word omo igbo is a tribal slur some people from a particular tribe we all know use to describe the eastern people and even the one that this derogatory word is being used at doesn't even know its a tribal slur and should not be tolerated. In my hood any of my pal that uses that word to nickname or call me I give the person a straight warning or insult him enough that he regrets his life. Like! What sort of nonsense word is that? Omo igbo! Meaning what I hate people who use that word. They're idiot, sycophants and tribal bigots. I stay away from them. They can gang up to kill you in the dark.
Not all Feli

Some actually use that Omo Igbo word to Joke or hail you.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by komodapson(m): 3:27pm On Jan 16, 2022
Gudvibes06:

1 week ké...na stolen car ní?....relax...forget...today don end, tomorrow is another day. Have it in mind maybe God saved you from one accident or so, or one olosho who has been poisoned wey fit die in our car.... grin relax...groove with dem police man dem, they are your friends. Check whether DPO dey, explain your self...but don't be too eager to part with your money except if it is not "hard earned"

10 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by DenreleDave(m): 3:30pm On Jan 16, 2022
Last Friday was my first time ordering for Bolt... Aswear if no be say I carry plenty things, make í bend if I carry bolt.

Imagine, from Ikeja to chevron drive 6400..... Well sha, the money no be from my pocket tongue bcox if na from my pocket, I no fit at all.... I go rather find a way to enter danfo grin grin grin

But the load plenty sha, I no get option and bills on the company....

But una bolt driver, una dey make money oooo.... I gbádùn the guy sha we just dey gist..

Wish u all a very great profit ooooo.... grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 3:59pm On Jan 16, 2022
Gudvibes06:

It is well... money to bail d car and correct the licence error if Indeed it was a registration mistake.

Other than that Police go they use d owner do Christmas everytime

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chillex8(m): 4:01pm On Jan 16, 2022
DenreleDave:
Last Friday was my first time ordering for Bolt... Aswear if no be say I carry plenty things, make í bend if I carry bolt.

Imagine, from Ikeja to chevron drive 6400..... Well sha, the money no be from my pocket tongue bcox if na from my pocket, I no fit at all.... I go rather find a way to enter danfo grin grin grin

But una bolt driver, una dey make money oooo.... I gbádùn the guy sha we just dey gist..

I think you should piss on your boss's head and come drive on bolt.
Abi comrades, wetin una think grin

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 4:02pm On Jan 16, 2022
Felicity001:

So sad!

I dont think there is anything bad in saying "Omo Igbo"
Yes, most Nigerians are tribalistic but allow them to show it by their actions, and or words. Not name calling.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 4:12pm On Jan 16, 2022
Barbiturate:

Omo I weak that day! I com dey wander why Naija no be like China wey dey speak one language.

That's a bygone sha.

I don move on with my bolt hustle cheesy

Is your surname not indicative of your tribe?
Cos it's more psychologically darning when u go that far and put all that effort and still miss out. God knows best sha, maybe it's not just d place for u.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 4:19pm On Jan 16, 2022
Gudvibes06:

Lolz...u r in d wrong and u want make them book you and charge u to court. Ha...till 2026 maybe they will finish ur case. Na that time u go collect your car. U dey listen to craze pelsin grin

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Barbiturate(m): 5:01pm On Jan 16, 2022
Pearl1910:

Is your surname not indicative of your tribe?

No it's really not.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gudvibes06: 5:05pm On Jan 16, 2022
Dem take the 10k after so much talk and just leaving now demoralized
Pearl1910:

It is well... money to bail d car and correct the licence error if Indeed it was a registration mistake.

Other than that Police go they use d owner do Christmas everytime

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 5:29pm On Jan 16, 2022
Indriver sha

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by komodapson(m): 5:58pm On Jan 16, 2022
Gentlelife50:
Indriver sha

grin carryam now

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by OmegaAutos: 6:14pm On Jan 16, 2022
Felicity001:

So sad!

You must be far from been a social person ,the term "omo igbo" isnt abusive word. Its only used to describe people from the east and i think/know its not bad. You can only judge someone as ethnic bigot by their actions.
Its even worse the way the Igbos describe people from other tribes for instance they describe the Yorubas as "ofe nmanu" oily soup and average yoruba man will just laugh it off, but do same to the igbos, hell will be let loose.

Oga be calming down, i schooled in Owerri and i know reasons we dont have people from other parts of the country in abundance in the east.
The man may be wrong in his approach and may have his reasons for preffering someone from SW for the post , its his company. I had similar experience with an Igbo man and i didnt feel bad based on his choice of who works with him.

21 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by YeyeGbami: 6:20pm On Jan 16, 2022
Surge dey today o.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 6:29pm On Jan 16, 2022
Felicity001:

Na today una know say bazo na bado?

See person dey say him dey off app... Is lion is sleeping na him don chop bolt commission of 40 trip for 10k so... Me self no even do up to 40trips Monday till Friday

BAZ001 na heavy scam I swear

Pearl1910:

Bazoo na scam artist o. grin
Anybody wey follow am go enter konga...very deep one

Abeg how I take be scammer ?
That the hustle is easy and I say it’s not easy
Or
I net 100k easily last week and I say I didn’t
Or I made 1M in December and denied it?
As I see surge for Monday and back to back trip driving against traffic, Gbam I don do 15trips.
Tuesday only lekki and Surulere/yaba carry surge I try small by Wednesday I understand we are in d midst of winter.
I begin shout white winter, white winterrrrr
so I had to complete 40 trips to chup 10k to augment my surgeless trips.

How I take scam mbok ?

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 7:28pm On Jan 16, 2022
Gudvibes06:

If them no gree collect 10k waka leave them.

Hope you've sorted it out sha
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 7:46pm On Jan 16, 2022
DenreleDave:

Cut the story short, you wan drive? grin grin

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 8:20pm On Jan 16, 2022
Gudvibes06:
Dem take the 10k after so much talk and just leaving now demoralized

It is well...it shouldn't be ur money sha. Car owner should take responsibility for that. Even if u r on HP.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 8:41pm On Jan 16, 2022
BAZ001:

Abeg how I take be scammer ?
That the hustle is easy and I say it’s not easy
Or
I net 100k easily last week and I say I didn’t
Or I made 1M in December and denied it?

This one sef dey

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (4381) (4382) (4383) (4384) (4385) (4386) (4387) ... (5691) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: babepink(f), dy4life, saudatu(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.