Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,954 members, 7,817,797 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:56 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (4424) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4751424 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4421) (4422) (4423) (4424) (4425) (4426) (4427) ... (5691) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chillex8(m): 9:02pm On Jan 30, 2022
From years of experience, once you accept a request with a surge multiplier, no matter where you go, number of stops, or changing of destination, your trip fare will be calculated and the surge multiple included.

If the rider likes, let him/her change destination as many times possible, surge multiplier remains the same.

Trip fare will be calculated based on total distance covered, time spent and surge multiple added.

If you have any issues, change your phone to a compatible one.

Original iPhones are the best for ehailing. I have been using my iPhone 5s for years and have never had any trip issues.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ksmart027(m): 9:06pm On Jan 30, 2022
rapheal5:
thanks boss
Remember not to park at the zebra crossing, good luck.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ksmart027(m): 9:11pm On Jan 30, 2022
donfortune48:

E be like say we go begin dey call BAZ001 a new name.

Briefcase will be fine.
Where una dey get these meme, I don laugh tire grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ksmart027(m): 9:21pm On Jan 30, 2022
davit:
Let me quickly share this experience here for others to learn. I picked the attached trp from Admiralty way on 1.9x to Novare mall. On getting there rider changed the trip back to EKO Atlantic City. We still had a stop at Paradise 3. We did a tour of Atlantic city and before rider changed the trip back to Lekki Phase 1. I was shocked to see the fare when I ended the trip. What do you guys suggest?

Rider too was shocked. He eventually gave me 14k.

Obviously, allowing rider to change trips on the app don cast irrespective if on surge or not. Try to lean from this guys.

I'm still thinking whether to complain to Bolt or not.

Pearl1910, and baz001 and Co what do you think?

I just checkex the price to Novare mall on 1.9x. It is 5300 max
Looking at that receipt, I think is gps malfunction because the distance is just 1.2km, but no need for price review because bolt will increase their commission.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 9:30pm On Jan 30, 2022
chillex8:
From years of experience, once you accept a request with a surge multiplier, no matter where you go, number of stops, or changing of destination, your trip fare will be calculated and the surge multiple included.

If the rider likes, let him/her change destination as many times possible, surge multiplier remains the same.

Trip fare will be calculated based on total distance covered, time spent and surge multiple added.

Original iPhones are the best for ehailing. I have been using my iPhone 5s for years and have never had any trip issues.

I have been on a trip before and the rider want to change destination. The moment she try to and saw the outrageous fare, she ask us to keep going. To be on the safe said, it is better not to change destination, just keep moving around like that
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by stephenwa(m): 9:34pm On Jan 30, 2022
Good Evening my people.
Please do anyone have ideal how i can locate DOPEMU ROUNDABOUT when coming from *Akowonjo ?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by komodapson(m): 9:39pm On Jan 30, 2022
chillex8:

No. But acceptable on indriver and Rida

Are people on this "Ridaapp"?... Omo!!!...I'll be shocked ó
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by noobody(m): 9:47pm On Jan 30, 2022
stephenwa:
Good Evening my people.
Please do anyone have ideal how i can locate DOPEMU ROUNDABOUT when coming from *Akowonjo ?

The major roundabout is actually befor dopemu before you climb the bridge,major landmarks to watch out for,firs building,fcmb bank opposite it.

Dopemu it self is after yiu comedown from the bridge,major landmark to watch out for,swisspharma company,

Going by public transport?enter dopemu/roundabout bus from any bustop at akowonjo,ensure you know your exact stop and tell the driver where you wan drop,

Using private ride,use Google maps.

Cheers.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 9:55pm On Jan 30, 2022
Barbiturate:

Sharp guy smiley
I don't even know drivers can change from bolt App.

If not for surge, I prefer to end the trip and make them reorder if they don't put a stop from the outset.

I picked a lady from owodunni onipanu/palmgroove. She was actually going to ibis hotel, Toyin street. Then she said I would have to take her to ilupeju to drop cake. Trip had already started when she said it. I asked if she put a stop, she said she didn't, cos she doesn't know how. I explained to her and told her I would have to end it, and she'll reorder. She agreed. It was 1.2x and the trip was 600 at ilupeju. She reordered and there was no surge. Ibis was 1400. That's 2k altogether. I'm sure it would have been less if I didnt end it.......not sure though!

Thank you Baba grin
I sharp like that

[img]https://media1./images/1e51987dcae0baa6fc433bb337280882/tenor.gif?itemid=16613860[/img]
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Johnnybegood12: 10:29pm On Jan 30, 2022
pope191:

grin this platform don cast... real laff galore on repeat. Abeg where Oga Uche?
grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Johnnybegood12: 10:30pm On Jan 30, 2022
chillex8:

He never know wetin jam am cheesy
grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Barbiturate(m): 10:31pm On Jan 30, 2022
pope191:

it is better not to change destination, just keep moving around like that

I want to believe davit's issue wasn't his phone. He has been doing the hustle for quite some time with that same phone without issues or ride fare shortage. In this recent case, he just kept moving around like that..... and got the short pay!

Anyways, whatever works for you......fine!

Mr Bazz just revealed another strategy though smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davit: 10:32pm On Jan 30, 2022
Pearl1910:

The problem is obviously from ur network or phone. 1.2km is incorrect
Do d distance calculation from google map...if ur money is more than 15k den complain, if not enjoy your 15k for less than 3hrs work.
I doubt if it's going to be upto 15k sha
I'm not sure it is network or phone. BTW I use Mi 11 ultra with 12gb ram.
The problem was from Bolt prolly for the charging of destination. I will guard against that going forward surge or no surge.

I might let it slide since bolt will not help. And the trip was not on card.
It was 14k and more than 3hrs. Dunno aw Bolt arrived at less than that.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davit: 10:33pm On Jan 30, 2022
Johnnybegood12:

I had a similar situation, they said it's a glitch in my GPS, the distance covered was not calculated, that I should try updating my app to the latest version.
And also said they will compensate me in 5-10 working days, am still waiting for compensation it's over a week now.

Imagine. The other day a trip too was ended abruptly before getting to the destination. I had to plead with the rider to add more money.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davit: 10:34pm On Jan 30, 2022
pope191:

Not today boss, as long as I've not driver with bolt for a year now. Return trips don't mostly go with surge, but if there's surge in that particular area at that point in time, you will get your surge price.
I know jàre. Was thinking being on 1.9X it would count well. I have done 1.8x before like this and never burnt my finger.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davit: 10:35pm On Jan 30, 2022
ksmart027:

Looking at that receipt, I think is gps malfunction because the distance is just 1.2km, but no need for price review because bolt will increase their commission.
Bolt app is just crazy these days.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davit: 10:36pm On Jan 30, 2022
Well said.
Ghost1994:

Sir the only thing that got calculated was just time you spent on the trip.

If you check the image you shared, just time calculate and 1.2km only. So maybe you should update your phone app and since you’ve collected 14k you don’t need to do price review because bolt will definitely put the trip for like 10k+ and you’ll be owning them 20%+.

Best way to win in bolt is tell the rider that you’ll end the trip but the problem again is that where rider is going might not be where surge Dey so I think in my own opinion try and update your app and in this kind of trip negotiate offline because you can’t always win on bolt.

Cheers
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davit: 10:57pm On Jan 30, 2022
I have been using high end phones even before I started ehailing hustle. So may not be phone most times. I still did trips like this on multiplier during Xmas period. My current phone is Mi 11 Ultra premium edition. You can check out its spec.
Bolt app is just not predicable.
chillex8:

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chillex8(m): 11:30pm On Jan 30, 2022
davit:
I have been using high end phones even before I started ehailing hustle. So may not be phone most times. I still did trips like this on multiplier during Xmas period. My current phone is Mi 11 Ultra premium edition. You can check out its spec.
It's your phone. Anytime there's a technical error from a trip- be it GPS failure or network lapse, blame the phone. Perhaps your locator was stuck and never moved.

Android phones have never worked best with ehailing apps.

Sometimes, I don't even need network on my fone and trip distance and time will still be accurate.

To further prove that failed trip was a phone error, Bolt app calculated the trip distance accurately but didn't record any movement from your phone's GPS locator for the most part of the trip.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by stephenwa(m): 11:32pm On Jan 30, 2022
Thank you very much and GOD Bless
noobody:

The major roundabout is actually befor dopemu before you climb the bridge,major landmarks to watch out for,firs building,fcmb bank opposite it.

Dopemu it self is after yiu comedown from the bridge,major landmark to watch out for,swisspharma company,

Going by public transport?enter dopemu/roundabout bus from any bustop at akowonjo,ensure you know your exact stop and tell the driver where you wan drop,

Using private ride,use Google maps.

Cheers.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by humblesteve(m): 12:18am On Jan 31, 2022
davit:
Mad device bro

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 2:12am On Jan 31, 2022
stephenwa:
Good Evening my people.

Just put The Santos Hotel on Google map
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Themi06: 5:32am On Jan 31, 2022
CheerfulGiver:
Send excess. But Friday is too late. Thursday is better. Bolt's system is shitty. They won't update it till Monday. Have Uber account handy

Thanks
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Youngxx: 5:41am On Jan 31, 2022
Greetings to everyone in the house..
It's a new year and another beginning of my life, so I've decided not to play or joke with the year as I'm adding +1 few months from now..... I've decided to join the bolt/Uber business this year.
I live in Lagos, Ajah Badore, and I've been living here for some years now...

Please everyone in the house I need someone to partner with in this bolt/Uber business as soon as possible, I'm 26 years old and single, I have nobody to take care of as now, my Mom is been taking care of by my eldest brother who lives in Germany, that makes me have less responsibility for now, so I see no reason why I can't remit payment of 25k/30k weekly to the car owner as long as you and I know that the car is perfect....

Please help as u read....
If there's anyone that knows of any company giving out cars for Bolt/Uber business can also share the information with me, God bless
Telephone: 08123388065

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chillex8(m): 5:41am On Jan 31, 2022
Bigbossco:

Cold
ATF level, transmission solenoid failure or corroded connection
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Themi06: 5:56am On Jan 31, 2022
Bosses. Wahala dey o. How does my rate keep dropping? I rate my riders 5 star most times and i beg dem to rate me 5 star too. Still e dey drop everytime. What can i do bayii? 4.5 they’ll block my ass

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chillex8(m): 6:38am On Jan 31, 2022
Themi06:
Bosses. Wahala dey o. How does my rate keep dropping? I rate my riders 5 star most times and i beg dem to rate me 5 star too. Still e dey drop everytime. [b]What can i do [/b]bayii? 4.5 they’ll block my ass
Don't ever beg for rating.
If you are blocked, take it as a man and move on.
Ratings system on bolt is not transparent.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 6:52am On Jan 31, 2022
rapheal5:
Happy sunday to all the comrades in the building....I really appreciate ur support and all the gbas gbos. Pls I need full options of how to locate my way at the international Airport tomorrow morning, it's my first time going to that airport I'm taking a client from Abeokuta to the airport tomorrow, pls I need details of where to stop and not to stop at the airport cuz I don't want to fall victim of those hungry Hyena always standing to devour their pray.....Biko make una help a brother in other to avoid story that touch...ejoor...thanķs[b][/b][color=#000099][/color]

I'm sure you must have gotten hint already...

If you're staying with thw person after drop off just simply drive into thw car park then carry his or her luggage for them to departure... You can spend thw whole day if you like na ur pocket go tell ugrin

Dont stop on the zebra crossing!

If the client as a company that will ve going back to abeakuta with you na car park be your waiting point oh because if that person get down at the dropping zone and enters your car again na u con sabi o

Any of the airport be it local, MM2 or Int'L ask the officials where the car park is.

Safe trip bro.

Rem: car fee is N650 for 0 - 1hr
MMA1 and MMA2 is N500 for 0 - 1hr
You pay extra N100 for every 1hr spent afterwards.

Only make payment when you're ready to drive out because you've just 15minutes to leave after payment and 20min for the Int'L car lot.

Good luck bro

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ReadaDream(m): 7:01am On Jan 31, 2022
Avoid Sangotedo for now....

Accident around general paint, exit side

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 7:01am On Jan 31, 2022
chillex8:

It's your phone . Anytime there's a technical error from a trip- be it GPS failure or network lapse, blame the phone. Perhaps your locator was stuck and never moved.

Android phones have never worked best with ehailing apps.

Sometimes, I don't even need network on my fone and trip distance and time will still be accurate.

To further prove that failed trip was a phone error, Bolt app calculated the trip distance accurately but didn't record any movement from your phone's GPS locator for the most part of the trip.

Snake you no dey rest or sleep?
Always at alert looking for who to bite grin
How can u say d fault is from Mi 11 ultra pro and then all android phones are not good for ehailing ... so it’s only apple ?

Well Davit & everyone using good android phones knows better but won’t talk cos they are afraid of snake bite

Who no go fear snake bite?
Make I carry my briefcase run cos the lower you are to the ground the easier it is for snake to bite your blokosu

[img]https://media./images/78a61344f00a4344a002150a6961696c/tenor.gif[/img]

12 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 7:07am On Jan 31, 2022
ReadaDream:
Avoid Sangotedo for now....

Accident around general paint, exit side

Thank you bro for the heads up

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by SHOOPSYN(m): 7:11am On Jan 31, 2022
Themi06:
Bosses. Wahala dey o. How does my rate keep dropping? I rate my riders 5 star most times and i beg dem to rate me 5 star too. Still e dey drop everytime. What can i do bayii? 4.5 they’ll block my ass
Please, if you can stop begging riders for rating, it will be good. Riders will start holding other drivers ransom for such. You can DM Kanuisagoat, for KBolt training on how to.. wink... But ofcurse, if that doesn't work, to save yourself from blocking that may affect your means of earning, you have to continue begging, strategically though, not desperately. Because man must survive!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (4421) (4422) (4423) (4424) (4425) (4426) (4427) ... (5691) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: IgiveLadiesBj(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.