Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,460 members, 7,850,607 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 05:43 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (450) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4851839 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (447) (448) (449) (450) (451) (452) (453) ... (5716) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ogunvic41(m): 5:35pm On Jan 23, 2018
Romeo3:
lol.

Wrong hypothesis.

If you remove danfo from the roads, there will be crisis. Unless you are removing 1000 danfo buses, and replacing them with 1000 buses of the same capacity, and even at that, you only maintained status quo. Nothing new.

Your hypothesis may be logical if you are removing the total danfo buses in lagos and replacing them with double or almost double of what they used to be.... until that happens, no shaking.
That's my boss

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by EphraimBoat: 5:36pm On Jan 23, 2018
Fuel at Jibowu, yaba Mrs and Oando. Drive in and buy
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:30pm On Jan 23, 2018
ogunvic41:

Uber Nigeria doesn't have a building of their own, the office is rented stop comparing UBER NIGERIA with uber global... U are the greatest fool for doing that...ask any driver, partner and rider what uber Nigeria faced last year when they reduced fare, a lot of partners pulled out, they sold their beautiful cars, a lot of riders deleted their apps, most drivers moved to taxify... U KNOW NOTHING STOP QUOTING MY POST.

smile instead..
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Carshopper(m): 6:47pm On Jan 23, 2018
Romeo3:
lol.

Wrong hypothesis.

If you remove danfo from the roads, there will be crisis. Unless you are removing 1000 danfo buses, and replacing them with 1000 buses of the same capacity, and even at that, you only maintained status quo. Nothing new.

Your hypothesis may be logical if you are removing the total danfo buses in lagos and replacing them with double or almost double of what they used to be....until that happens, no shaking.

I may stand to disagree on this...

1. The LASG has full control making laws and policies that govern transportation in lagos state, they can come up with policies to frustrate private transportation or e-hailing eg remember the use of Hackney permit, transportation license in the era of VIO

2. Replacing wit double of what they used to be, will amount to putting a stress load on the system eg see what danfo buses dey cause when the park their buses along narrow streets or even at the bustops. Also note Uber is anticipating the LASG moves on transportation and seeing how they can introduce Uber buses.

3. It's always good to be PRO then RE active in a system that can easily be regulated by government laws and controls

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mrsage(m): 6:51pm On Jan 23, 2018
Carshopper:

It's still on paper... a thought.. An idea .. A process. We just trying to re-create a process that already exists.

Currently I am testing 'Driver maintenance group' on my own fleet... and truly it has reduced issues of sudden expenses.

We will wear the first before we give it to u.
wink

I love this last sentence. Wish you luck.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Carshopper(m): 6:56pm On Jan 23, 2018
mrsage:

I love this last sentence. Wish you luck.

Thanks ... we started out by admiring ur inputs wink

That last sentence should read 'we will wear it first' too much typing on the go grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mrsage(m): 7:14pm On Jan 23, 2018
Carshopper:

Thanks ... we started out by admiring ur inputs wink

That last sentence should read 'we will wear it first' too much typing on the go grin

I'm happy everyone is making progress... E hailing has come to stay. When we started, most riders had telephone numbers of various cab men stored on their phones.

Now the narrative has changed. Just turn on an app and move on.

Shout out to you guys making smart moves. Keep it up.

Me I kuku dey one corner on top Mango tree watching everybody. I be young shall grow. grin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Carshopper(m): 7:18pm On Jan 23, 2018
mrsage:

I'm happy everyone is making progress... E hailing has come to stay. When we started, most riders had telephone numbers of various cab men stored on their phones.

Now the narrative has changed. Just turn on an app and move on.

Shout out to you guys making smart moves. Keep it up.

Me I kuku dey one corner on top Mango tree watching everybody. I be young shall grow.

Narrative will always change to men with all sights

Young shall grow like bus for hire smiley
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pappy2000: 7:23pm On Jan 23, 2018
If you are interested in this car or we can swap with a tukunbo car that is Uber complaint not less than 2008/,call me on 08098515301

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pooozeee(m): 7:44pm On Jan 23, 2018
ogunvic41:
UBER OR TAXIFY which one is the best to drive on?
UBER- 200+60/KM+11/MIN plus 1.2 to 1.8 boost at certain locations and time. UBER has more riders,fantastic app and others, 25% deduction on every trip...
TAXIFY-300+65/KM+9/MIN no boost but little incentives depending on the number of trips completed, taxify has fewer riders, app comes with a lot of issues...taxify is only good on weekends, u can wait for one hour at certain locations without request 15%
deduction on every trip...
AM A DRIVER ON BOTH PLATFORMS(UBER/TAXIFY)
IF I DRIVE ON UBER I WILL MAKE 100K TO 150K IN A WEEK, IF I DRIVE ON TAXIFY I WILL MAKE THE SAME RANGE

@ogunvic41
If my internet connection suddenly goes off for 10mins during a trip with uber, what will happen ? Will it av any effect such as reduction in money or will some distance covered during the 10mins outage be affected ?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ogunvic41(m): 7:48pm On Jan 23, 2018
pooozeee:

@ogunvic41
If my internet connection suddenly goes off for 10mins during a trip with uber, what will happen ? Will it av any effect such as reduction in money or will some distance covered during the 10mins outage be affected ?
U will likely have a failed trip... Unless u run google map on the background.. I use spectranet and I back it up with mtn...
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pooozeee(m): 7:50pm On Jan 23, 2018
pappy2000:
If you are interested in this car or we can swap with a tukunbo car that is Uber complaint not less than 2008/,call me on 08098515301

Can we swap with my Toyota Camry tiny lite 2.2L 1999 model ?
Very clean and neat with ac working

Market worth is 850k
Reach me on
sparhighwise@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pappy2000: 8:00pm On Jan 23, 2018
pooozeee:

Can we swap with my Toyota Camry tiny lite 2.2L 1999 model ?
Very clean and neat with ac working

Market worth is 850k
Reach me on
sparhighwise@gmail.com

No thanks , I want an Uber complaint car, I may add more money if I see value
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 8:26pm On Jan 23, 2018
ogunvic41:

Uber Nigeria doesn't have a building of their own, the office is rented stop comparing UBER NIGERIA with uber global... U are the greatest fool for doing that...ask any driver, partner and rider what uber Nigeria faced last year when they reduced fare, a lot of partners pulled out, they sold their beautiful cars, a lot of riders deleted their apps, most drivers moved to taxify... U KNOW NOTHING STOP QUOTING MY POST.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 8:33pm On Jan 23, 2018
Dovehorizon:
Its not that our leaders are short-sighted, they are just blinded by greed and reason why we live in a failed state.
LASG investing into transport business isn't going to be a new thing, the new thing will be accomplishing it to the fullest and not just short term but long term and that brings us about the future but my first paragraph will always prove otherwise. It is very easy for a camel to pass through the eye of the needle than for our govt to get it right.
Talking about the future, the future belongs to those who are creative, think outside the box and are willing to make things work. Uber on the other hand is here to stay and trust me it is one of the best things that have happened to this country.
My advice is : be innovative and invest wisely.

Meanwhile, all these e-wars ain't necessary, everyone gat their opinion and should your opinion be different from others then respectfully argue about it but with proof.

What proof do you need in my case. Just look at Lagos transport system . For years money wasted on buses and policies that never really work to their full potential.
Mind you this is not e wars . Well you call it e-wars , I call it logic thinking ....
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Dovehorizon: 8:49pm On Jan 23, 2018
Reason why I stated its easier for a camel to pass through the needle than for our govt to get it right reason why a man like Trump can public call this country a sh*thole.
I saw where jack or so used the word "fool or stupid" in his statement, it was totally wrong and uncalled for hence the reason why for the e-war quote.

dru23:

What proof do you need in my case. Just look at Lagos transport system . For years money wasted on buses and policies that never really work to their full potential.
Mind you this is not e wars . Well you call it e-wars , I call it logic thinking ....
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Phermoskie18: 8:53pm On Jan 23, 2018
Good pm to you in the house,pls can End of Discussion (EOD)Honda be used for uber
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 8:54pm On Jan 23, 2018
ogunvic41:

You are very correct my brother. Uber does not own a single building in nigeria . You on the other hand you don't own a single app like Uber. You are using their app to make money and feed your family. So win win situation. Who has more advantage. A company that makes millions a day locally or a guy or investors that eats the crumbs of the table.
If you look at it technically , we are eating crumbs off the table, while Uber makes millions a day. Either way, whether we like it or not Uber is winning for *now*
Shake head and smile grin

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 9:08pm On Jan 23, 2018
Dovehorizon:
Reason why I stated its easier for a camel to pass through the needle than for our govt to get it right reason why a man like Trump can public call this country a sh*thole.
I saw where jack or so used the word "fool or stupid" in his statement, it was totally wrong and uncalled for hence the reason why for the e-war quote.

* we are both reading from the same page*
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jarkbauer: 9:09pm On Jan 23, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

smile instead..
smiling does not enlighten people. He chose to enlighten people

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by vulpeslopez(m): 9:22pm On Jan 23, 2018
Carshopper:

I can manage a bad Driver who doesn't know his way around... but can the driver or partner manage a bad vehicle in the business ?

Let's Change the narrative
oga boss, nobody can manage a bad driver.... If u think u can, then u haven't really seen a bad driver sha
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Carshopper(m): 9:33pm On Jan 23, 2018
vulpeslopez:
oga boss, nobody can manage a bad driver.... If u think u can, then u haven't really seen a bad driver sha

When u manage something, u take it as it comes till you tired of it ...
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by iyaegin: 9:44pm On Jan 23, 2018
ameristu:
Hello guys,

I am a newbie on this uber business, I find the rates very bad, like Victoria Island to Ejigbo for N1,300 after being in traffic for like 45 minutes with the Air conditioning on throughout the journey on top of that uber takes like NGN300 from the trip, don't forget you have spent like 2hrs 30 minutes for this ride.
How are you guys able to make money? Trips from Ikeja to Ojodu Berger is NGN600 and uber still takes like NGN200.
I am not understanding this business, can someone break it down for me?

Bros the minimum amount V.I to Ejigbo should be 2k as in that na bad connection or something.i did V.I to Jakande this afternoon 3k and then Jakande to Lekki phase 1 via new bridge 3k so that 1300 is very wrong sir.Change the narrative...lolz..
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by julietromeo: 11:13pm On Jan 23, 2018
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pooozeee(m): 11:37pm On Jan 23, 2018
iyaegin:

Bros the minimum amount V.I to Ejigbo should be 2k as in that na bad connection or something.i did V.I to Jakande this afternoon 3k and then Jakande to Lekki phase 1 via new bridge 3k so that 1300 is very wrong sir.Change the narrative...lolz..

The guy may be right, something might be wrong somewhere
I had a trip from Badore Ajah to okota with serious hold up spent about 3hrs in traffic and the fare was just 6,350.50 I had about 5k
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pooozeee(m): 11:40pm On Jan 23, 2018
ogunvic41:

U will likely have a failed trip... Unless u run google map on the background.. I use spectranet and I back it up with mtn...

I did run google map on the background so the trip was not failed
Thnks
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by amarilo: 12:20am On Jan 24, 2018
ogunvic41:

Their is nothing like uber global. Uber is always on rent anywhere they are.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by slamstanlee(m): 12:23am On Jan 24, 2018
pooozeee:

@ogunvic41
from what i have experienced, just make sure ur location is on, with high accuracy. As we move and cover distance, network fluctuates, sometimes we lost it for a couple of minutes and regain it. But as far as ur location is on, the moment you end the trip... The gps/location helps the app to calculate the records of movements.... I use 9mobile and mtn too....
In summary, you simply need strong network coverage to get and accept requests, then again, to end trip and calculate fare. If you lost the network in between, no problem as far as ur GPS location is on. Cheers

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 2:37am On Jan 24, 2018
vulpeslopez:

Yes nobody can really manage bad drivers. But am sure once the drivers is fully aware that you have family that are connected to SARS . Trust me they will think twice before they become bad
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 2:42am On Jan 24, 2018
Ifeanyimark:
Entparrot, must u backbite someone's buisness to grow yours, until a partner or driver that have worked for ogunvic comes here to complain, then u all should shut up and grow ur own buisness, who be d jaxk bauer sef. Carshopper, i have 3 car owners that have called ogunvic and parrot, but they are among the drivers must be involved in maintance group, which u are championing. Once again are u floating your own company

Please and please I beg you. Leave my parrot alone. She is the love of my life. Her enemy is my enemy, so make you behave my guy
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by omonla10(m): 6:45am On Jan 24, 2018
Hello guys. My ratify has been calculating distance wrongly..

The first pic here wasn't up to 4km..from abulegba to within abulegba..

2nd scenario, shoprite Ikeja to oando after lekki elegushi side.. Christ embassy.. The original distance should be around 38km and my ratify app recorded 58km..

Although I use infinix note 2, it's already upgraded to the recommended Android 6 marshmallow..
.any explanations for this, and what's the way out.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:03am On Jan 24, 2018
omonla10:
Hello guys. My ratify has been calculating distance wrongly..

The first pic here wasn't up to 4km..from abulegba to within abulegba..

2nd scenario, shoprite Ikeja to oando after lekki elegushi side.. Christ embassy.. The original distance should be around 38km and my ratify app recorded 58km..

Although I use infinix note 2, it's already upgraded to the recommended Android 6 marshmallow..
.any explanations for this, and what's the way out.

what are you using for the comparisons?

(1) (2) (3) ... (447) (448) (449) (450) (451) (452) (453) ... (5716) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: pope191, Snrman1 and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.