Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,851 members, 7,851,898 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 09:57 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (4629) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4855214 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4626) (4627) (4628) (4629) (4630) (4631) (4632) ... (5716) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 9:42am On Apr 21, 2022
Crvrider:

Please kindly keep us posted here regarding this issue if and when it is solved as I am currently facing similar problem.

In my case: car temp goes up when ac is on but normalizes when off. Radiator reservoir dries up and once the water level goes down the temp starts to rise. I've had to change 2 radiator caps and a head gasket change with the hope it will solve the problem but no luck.

So, finally I was able to locate the agbede people that I was adviced I take the radiator to; this will be done on Monday...fingers crossed. However, if this doesn't solve the problem then water pump will be changed next.

...changing the radiator for me will be the last resort.

What you guys are having could be as a result of a leak in one hoist around the engine compartment, most time engine needs to be brought down to see that hoist.

This is quite an unfortunate situation you guys find yourself.

Even if car is static but running you won't see the leake until car is on high motion so you see, it's a difficult situation because mechanic cant do anything while car is on motion.

A man spent over 600k changing engine b4 this similar problem was discovered.

You guys need to find that leaking hoist, only the Holy Spirit of God can help one in such a situation.

Sorry guys

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 9:51am On Apr 21, 2022
Crvrider:

Boss check well o. You sure say your car dey use radiator? All these 3yrs car on this platform are becoming suspect o.

Lolz...it's possible. d personal car I drive is 3years on the platform. The one I had before this one is also still on the platform on rentals. Red coolant from when it was bought toks still in the radiator. So it's possible.

If u do anything in the engine or radiator and the water is expelled, just replace with original coolant not water. But make sure ur radiator/engine isn't leaking or u will just waste your money.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 9:53am On Apr 21, 2022
Pearl1910:

U still having the issue?
Why do u prefer to change water pump rather than radiator. If water pump is bad u will not even drive for upto 1km before engine starts to overheat.
If water is drying up in ur radiator then u don't need a soothsayer to tell u either ur radiator is bad and leaking or the pipes are bad or water is leaking from engine. So if u change radiator and fix d pipping and problem persists then ur engine is g***.
If overheating is connected to putting on AC then it's a fan problem, but if and only if water isn't reducing from d radiator.

By the way, I tot u said it's only when u accelerate or climbing a hill that the engine overheats?

IMO.... that Driverpreneurs engine is g***.
He has changed top cylinder gasket, changed to double cell radiator, added extra fan, and added coolant still yet

For the bolded... I strongly doubt... See my previous post on the issue, I've had a man with the same experience as his, changed almost everything in the car yet... It was when they were changing the engine the mechanic discussed very the leaking hoist somewhere around the engine. This hoist only leak out water when car is on high motion no mechanic would have discovered it at all.

The mechanic just went ahead with the engine replacement then replace the hoist and that was the end of that problem because he doesn't know how to tell the owner his engine was okay since they already bought a new engine 600k.

Driverprenuer's case is a leaking hoist not a bad engine.

This other guys case maybe a bad radiator

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 9:57am On Apr 21, 2022
rapheal5:
lol, I actually live in Abeokuta i only come to lagos to hustle 3 to 4 days every week

Oh I see... Two options you have, set destination to sango ota or any distance less than 100km since you're in Abk, you can set to Lagos because you have just 100km range to set destination, you maybe lucky to get a trip to somewhere in sango ota, or Lagos.

2nd option is for you to carry passenger along the road just use that for fuel. No stress yourself

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 10:03am On Apr 21, 2022
Felicity0001:

For the bolded... I strongly doubt... See my previous post on the issue, I've had a man with the same experience as his, changed almost everything in the car yet... It was when they were changing the engine the mechanic discussed very the leaking hoist somewhere around the engine. This hoist only leak out water when car is on high motion no mechanic would have discovered it at all.

The mechanic just went ahead with the engine replacement then replace the hoist and that was the end of that problem because he doesn't know how to tell the owner his engine was okay since they already bought a new engine 600k.

Driverprenuer's case is a leaking hoist not a bad engine.

This other guys case maybe a bad radiator

Driverpreneurs case isn't a case of water dropping from the radiator, so leakage isn't the issue. Some cars can even leak water and still not overheat, it is when the leakage is excessive and drops below threshold that overheating sets in.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 10:05am On Apr 21, 2022
rapheal5:
lol, I actually live in Abeokuta i only come to lagos to hustle 3 to 4 days every week

U strong o...may God bless ur hussle and help u settle down fast.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 10:15am On Apr 21, 2022
Benic4u2:
Pls sir I want to know how much can a person be remitting to the owner of the car used in Uber or taxify weakly.
Thanks so much
Somebody did 40k easily for a year plus and even allow the owner to use the car on Fridays, I am just giving you idea.
In BAZOO1 voice I just wisper it to your ears.
grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 10:17am On Apr 21, 2022
rapheal5:
Does this means I have to go for inspection and how much is inspection fee....
Bros bolt doesn't cover that area, that's what the app will display whenever you go to such places.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 11:05am On Apr 21, 2022
Pearl1910:

But u saw where d oracle said slowly but surely engine is nearing it's death
Slowly is the keyword, I don't plan to use the vehicle forever grin
For newbies that are reading, do not copy me o. I intended using synthetic oil and the recommended weight but the condition of my engine when I bought it disagreed. If I buy another car tomorrow I will stick to factory settings till engine says otherwise

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davit: 11:15am On Apr 21, 2022
Felicity0001:

How far have it been resolved? Weekend is almost here
It hasn't o. The matter tire me. Should call them again in the afternoon.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 11:15am On Apr 21, 2022
Felicity0001:

What you guys are having could be as a result of a leak in one hoist around the engine compartment, most time engine needs to be brought down to see that hoist.

This is quite an unfortunate situation you guys find yourself.

Even if car is static but running you won't see the leake until car is on high motion so you see, it's a difficult situation because mechanic cant do anything while car is on motion.

A man spent over 600k changing engine b4 this similar problem was discovered.

You guys need to find that leaking hoist, only the Holy Spirit of God can help one in such a situation.

Sorry guys

Sometimes when people complain about issues in their cars i silently say to myself, thank God it's not me. But the hard truth is that e go touch everybody one way or the other someday. However, why am a bit sceptical about the leak being internal is that the radiator does not loose water.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davit: 11:16am On Apr 21, 2022
Felicity0001:

How far have it been resolved? Weekend is almost here
It hasn't o. The matter tire me. Should call them again in the afternoon. Thanks.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davit: 11:17am On Apr 21, 2022
BAZ001:

I don’t pity anybody again both partners and drivers... experience will teach them.

Earnings can never be consistent/sustainable

But they say we are discouraging people from joining the hustle and talking down on it.

I wish I can trust someone enough to give my bolt account in time of crisis.

Bolt dey give comrades breakfast anyhow
Bro you no respond to your private message o. Sent you a DM about 2 weeks ago.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 11:26am On Apr 21, 2022
Pearl1910:

Lolz...it's possible. d personal car I drive is 3years on the platform. The one I had before this one is also still on the platform on rentals. Red coolant from when it was bought toks still in the radiator. So it's possible.

If u do anything in the engine or radiator and the water is expelled, just replace with original coolant not water. But make sure ur radiator/engine isn't leaking or u will just waste your money.

The agbede guys is my last resort, if problem persist after washing then I am replacing the radiator with a double cell.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dapotemi: 11:38am On Apr 21, 2022
deedee44:

The answer you're looking for....... (copied from the story)

Now this is what happens when you pour synthetic oil into an engine with a great amount of sludge.

Full synthetic engine oils have cleaning additives, they work like detergents, and are able to break down accumulated sludge in the engine very quickly. The ability of full synthetic oils to keep an engine clean, in a healthy engine is harmless, the particles get trapped in the oil filter and after an oil (oil and filter change) drain the process is repeated again. sadly in an abused engine it is not the same. You have rapid breakdown of sludge, it overwhelms the oil filter, clogs up the strainer at the pickup screen of the oil pump, on and no time the engine is running on low oil pressure (which explains why the oil light started flickering in traffic) ultimately from low oil pressure the engine gets starved of lubrication, becomes noisy, rattles and finally freezes up.

@eyinola, this is exactly what happen to your car... As gazzuz will always say, do not revert to synthetic oil if you have been using the cheaper oil (xhp etc) for more than a year.. There is no need, you may have sludge already and the synthetic oil will cause a RAPID breakdown of sludge, those sludge particles affect your filter, clog up your strainer etc.....

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 12:26pm On Apr 21, 2022
davit:

Bros the truth is na block dem block that account, na so dem go dey turn turn you till tire. Unless they just consider you
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Lush100(m): 12:26pm On Apr 21, 2022
deedee44:

Slowly is the keyword, I don't plan to use the vehicle forever grin
For newbies that are reading, do not copy me o. I intended using synthetic oil and the recommended weight but the condition of my engine when I bought it disagreed. If I buy another car tomorrow I will stick to factory settings till engine says otherwise

Bro u are on point na.

It's pragmatic to use xhp when the vehicle has been using xhp.
Na car I wan drive, no be invention I say I wan do.
I use xhp service and service in 10 weeks.

I haven't even touched my car since 1st week in march.
Service last week in Jan and I will service next week.
No caps

Modified: I serviced on Feb 19 and I don't top up and it's a car for personal use not taxify.
I was thinking of getting a car for taxify but as them.block davit wey I respect and kanuisnogoat wey them twerk eem app,I just look for another business line.
I no wan here story ....and I don't think baz001 will teach any thing ant � again to help the person that will drive my car I intended to use.
If I catch baz001 , I will make sure he sells laptop bag even where he is

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 12:41pm On Apr 21, 2022
davit:

Go to their office
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 12:45pm On Apr 21, 2022
Lush100:

Bro u are on point na.

It's pragmatic to use xhp when the vehicle has been using xhp.
Na car I wan drive, no be invention I say I wan do.
I use xhp service and service in 10 weeks.

I haven't even touched my car since 1st week in march.
Service last week in Jan and I will service next week.
No caps
That's just it. I service at around 3000 miles so after each service I reset my trip A and trip B. I use trip B to monitor distance covered between top ups and trip A to monitor when next service is due.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by VaselineCrew: 12:52pm On Apr 21, 2022
It seems like UberGo is about to corner the market in lekki and Victoria island.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Their fares are dirt cheap, like 700 naira for a trip from palms mall to lekki.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Lush100(m): 1:00pm On Apr 21, 2022
VaselineCrew:
It seems like UberGo is about to corner the market in lekki and Victoria island.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Their fares are dirt cheap, like 700 naira for a trip from palms mall to lekki.

Abeg which one is UberGo.
It's Uber I know.
because when I think of Vodacom, I am thinking Ubercome is Uber that came and. UberGo is Uber that is leaving the market.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by VaselineCrew: 1:07pm On Apr 21, 2022
Lush100:

It's Uber I know.
because when I think of Vodacom, I am thinking Ubercome is Uber that came and. UberGo is Uber that is leaving the market.

UberGo is for those tiny silver Suzuki vehicles that are now everywhere on the island.

The car is a 3 cylinder manual vehicle so I’m guessing it’s a lot more economical with petrol than the standard 4 cylinder.

See the difference

1k vs 1,600

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by VaselineCrew: 1:09pm On Apr 21, 2022
Lush100:

It's Uber I know.

How can you say they are leaving the business when they are putting vehicles on the road.

Have you ever seen Bolt or Indriver out vehicles on the road?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Lush100(m): 1:32pm On Apr 21, 2022
VaselineCrew:

How can you say they are leaving the business when they are putting vehicles on the road.

Have you ever seen Bolt or Indriver out vehicles on the road?

Comrade,no loud am.

U don already clear my ignorance.
No expose me again.

See eh,
If I buy car now, na driver way go be honest driver, wey no go bash my moto because he wan climb olumo rock.road for ketu badagry and go deliver 19k per week and dem no go block am like davit , na Iem I dey look.for.
I just no trust some people.
Na only feli and northhawk I trust for here.
Even baz00h ,na long spoon bcoz I hear he sell laptop bag and side mirror enter yankee, na only nigeria politicians fit tell u that kin tory.
grin grin

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by rapheal5(m): 1:40pm On Apr 21, 2022
Pearl1910:

U strong o...may God bless ur hussle and help u settle down fast.
Amen... thanks boss
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by rapheal5(m): 1:40pm On Apr 21, 2022
Gentlelife50:

Bros bolt doesn't cover that area, that's what the app will display whenever you go to such places.
thanks I'm now in lagos

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by rapheal5(m): 1:44pm On Apr 21, 2022
Felicity0001:

Oh I see... Two options you have, set destination to sango ota or any distance less than 100km since you're in Abk, you can set to Lagos because you have just 100km range to set destination, you maybe lucky to get a trip to somewhere in sango ota, or Lagos.

2nd option is for you to carry passenger along the road just use that for fuel. No stress yourself
I no see single passenger carry for roadside till I got to lagos this morning....just 2 trips since morning I don go find something eat....make una help me share where I fit position I'm presently around agbele for ekoro road to refuel my adrenaline...

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by donfortune48(m): 2:34pm On Apr 21, 2022
rapheal5:

I no see single passenger carry for roadside till I got to lagos this morning....just 2 trips since morning I don go find something eat....make una help me share where I fit position I'm presently around agbele for ekoro road to refuel my adrenaline...

You never enter Lagos yet nah.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 2:47pm On Apr 21, 2022
rapheal5:
thanks I'm now in lagos
I hope it's cool now?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 2:48pm On Apr 21, 2022
donfortune48:

That guy don suffer for ehailing hand.
3yrs on the platform, yet nothing tangible to show for it.
The Honda civic he managed to buy is not even helping matters.

He was even driving A Benz before joining e-hailing.
But now, baba can't even afford one, even if na Nigerian used of Felicity001's type of Benz.

I pray God elevate him through his YouTube channel and his other endeavors.

Hmm... Nawao... Life struggles

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by rapheal5(m): 2:58pm On Apr 21, 2022
Gentlelife50:

I hope it's cool now?
yes the app is working good but I did just 2 trip since morning on bolt
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by rapheal5(m): 3:01pm On Apr 21, 2022
donfortune48:

You never enter Lagos yet nah.
boss i don enter lagos the 2 trips i did, first one from iyana ipaja to airport, I position tire till I get to agege before I see another one to ekoro road...

(1) (2) (3) ... (4626) (4627) (4628) (4629) (4630) (4631) (4632) ... (5716) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.