Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,823 members, 7,817,399 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:33 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (4639) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4749142 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4636) (4637) (4638) (4639) (4640) (4641) (4642) ... (5691) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by goody234: 5:13pm On Apr 23, 2022
hi,
I have a quick question i have a Toyota sienna i want to earn some money with ..what do you guys suggest i should use it for uber ,airport shuttle or private interstate shuttle suggestions pls Thanks
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 5:27pm On Apr 23, 2022
Viking07:
Mehn una case here is becoming tiring. I thought you claimed you just moved into a new country, yet you’re always on this thread 247 doing your childish trolling and whatnot. There’s no difference between when you were in Ajegunle and your so called Eldorado.

If you don’t have sensible answers to people’s query why not behave like an adult I assume you are and let others respond. You’re always trying so hard to be funny.

When people japa, they use the first few months to hustle and find their feet in a new country. Your own na Nairaland all day all night. Abeg try rest.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 73O9: 5:29pm On Apr 23, 2022
goody234:
hi,
I have a quick question i have a Toyota sienna i want to earn some money with ..what do you guys suggest i should use it for uber ,airport shuttle or private interstate shuttle suggestions pls Thanks

Space bus is not available for use on the platforms so try other options.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 5:30pm On Apr 23, 2022
Crvrider:

So what is the essence of taking an item from point A to B without delivering it?

But why are you guys looking at it just from the drivers perspective. Like I don't get it. You(driver) agreed to do delivery, at the end of the day you did not deliver item, you have refused to return item and you have refused to take your call all in the name of recipient being rude to you.

What if he was asked to go drop off some kids, will he say because the person who is suppose to receive the kids was rude to him then it's now his right to go with the kids?

You guys should put yourself in the position of the guy who owns those items and then make your judgment. It could be that those items where sold and meant to be delivered, probably in another state by the recipient who is meant to travel with the said item.

If the driver was vexed by the recipient s manners then he should try to resolve things with the person who ordered and not seize the item.

I beg make the driver go sit down. Like he has never in his life been rude to someone.
I no talk again. See as you don dey vex for driver wey you never even hear from.
Let the rider clear our doubts.

Did he offer to request another ride to return the item or he claimed right that his money was still reading so insisted that the driver should return it.

Is the driver picking his calls?

If yes, what is the driver saying?

If he has bad intentions he will not be picking rider's calls, he would have blocked him gan sef
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by sandammy(m): 7:24pm On Apr 23, 2022
dahflemzy:
Morning ,Hello bosses
I've been a ghost reader here but I need your help and suggestions.

my Camry 2007 works fine but I noticed that whenever I'm in motion and I slow down, if I want to accelerate back, it doesn't pick at once. I have to press like twice or thrice before it picks up.
I guessed it was d trans(just a guess) nd I checked the trans oil.
It was brown(not black nor pink nor purple) but at the normal mark.
Now, I've decided to change it.
So,
1. pls can it truly be the transmission oil.
2. How do I recognise fake and original Toyota WS fluid?

I'd really appreciate your kind and genuine response
Scan the car and work with the error code. My car did same few weeks ago, I changed spark plugs, fix code P1077 before the scanner brought code P0325 which is the knock engine sensor. Since I replaced that sensor, car has went back to normal.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Itsrm(m): 7:34pm On Apr 23, 2022
BAZ001:

But which one pain you like this ?

That you are a full time part time drive
Or
That you spend more time on your part time job than full time job ?

No vex! I won’t mention you again

grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Itsrm(m): 7:42pm On Apr 23, 2022
Crvrider:

So what is the essence of taking an item from point A to B without delivering it?

But why are you guys looking at it just from the drivers perspective. Like I don't get it. You(driver) agreed to do delivery, at the end of the day you did not deliver item, you have refused to return item and you have refused to take your call all in the name of recipient being rude to you.

What if he was asked to go drop off some kids, will he say because the person who is suppose to receive the kids was rude to him then it's now his right to go with the kids?

You guys should put yourself in the position of the guy who owns those items and then make your judgment. It could be that those items where sold and meant to be delivered, probably in another state by the recipient who is meant to travel with the said item.

If the driver was vexed by the recipient s manners then he should try to resolve things with the person who ordered and not seize the item.

I beg make the driver go sit down. Like he has never in his life been rude to someone.

The only reasonable post I've seen on this issue

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ksmart027(m): 8:20pm On Apr 23, 2022
mejai:

I dey bro. Nothing much.
Sorry to ask sir, I guess you own a Toyota Corolla south Africa spec, please I want to get something similar 2009 to 2012, and I want to know if there is anything I should be worried about, what is the car like in terms of maintenance and how durable is it compared to the American spec. Looking at getting a manual, thanks.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mejai(m): 8:57pm On Apr 23, 2022
ksmart027:

Sorry to ask sir, I guess you own a Toyota Corolla south Africa spec, please I want to get something similar 2009 to 2012, and I want to know if there is anything I should be worried about, what is the car like in terms of maintenance and how durable is it compared to the American spec. Looking at getting a manual, thanks.
It is a strong car ( as far as u are top notch in maintenance).
Aesthetics.... Very poor. It peels or expires ( grin ) on its own. My own dashboard (d top), I had to scrap everything off and use a good leather with a strong gum to replace it.

Engine oil consumption is common (2ZR-FE), guess factory defect. I was using 5w30 initially,Just be observant and top up. I didn't bother with factory recommended oil again when I noticed the oil consumption
No smoking of oil.

Watch out for oil seals, especially crankshaft oil seal.
Very common to go bad.
Mine was the first model(2008), South Africa, bought 2008 and sold 2021, manual transmission.

A/C: factory spec auto compressor) always goes bad, had to opt for manual compressor and I was lucky after some fails to get the one that served well.

I never for once, opened the engine. I sold it due to age (0km - 244***km) and being manual. E don try for my hand and Nigerian roads too.

As far as u r good in maintenance, na bullet proof.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 9:44pm On Apr 23, 2022
Idaytesj29:

Okay. Thanks boss. Like how much is the fare?

Last time I checked it was 15k for ABC, 2nd Rainbow, festac link road. Now it will be around 25k.
But Mile2 under bridge and Capitol Road will be cheaper.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ksmart027(m): 9:47pm On Apr 23, 2022
mejai:

It is a strong car ( as far as u are top notch in maintenance).
Aesthetics.... Very poor. It peels or expires ( grin ) on its own. My own dashboard (d top), I had to scrap everything off and use a good leather with a strong gum to replace it.

Engine oil consumption is common (2ZR-FE), guess factory defect. I was using 5w30 initially,Just be observant and top up. I didn't bother with factory recommended oil again when I noticed the oil consumption
No smoking of oil.

Watch out for oil seals, especially crankshaft oil seal.
Very common to go bad.
Mine was the first model(2008), South Africa, bought 2008 and sold 2021, manual transmission.

A/C: factory spec auto compressor) always goes bad, had to opt for manual compressor and I was lucky after some fails to get the one that served well.

I never for once, opened the engine. I sold it due to age (0km - 244***km) and being manual. E don try for my hand and Nigerian roads too.

As far as u r good in maintenance, na bullet proof.
Thanks, I really appreciate. Please how km do you drive before topping the oil and did the oil burn reduced when you switch to a thicker oil. Also, I have seen some with the 1ZZ-FE does it consume oil too?? Sorry boss if I dey worry you.
Modified:
You really rock the car, 13 good years no be here, good thing the car served you well.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mejai(m): 9:58pm On Apr 23, 2022
ksmart027:

Thanks, I really appreciate. Please how km do you drive before topping the oil and did the oil burn reduced when you switch to a thicker oil. Sorry boss if I dey worry you.
Modified:
You really rock the car, 13 good years no be here, good thing the car served you well.

B4 oil burn.. 7500km (depends on usuage)
When oil burn started... hardly gets to 5000km (I may top up or completely change oil).

But the best approach is to be checking ur oil dipstick.

Even the car manual stated that u top up after every 1000km. (Confusing Toyota company)

It didn't reduce, just that why wasting money buying expensive oil, 5w30( 4L and 1L to top up intermittently). And e go dey disappear.
I think most Corolla engine of that year or model burns oil. Even my friend's 2009 American spec matrix don join suit in burning oil.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ksmart027(m): 10:04pm On Apr 23, 2022
mejai:

B4 oil burn.. 7500km (depends on usuage)
When oil burn started... hardly gets to 5000km (I may top up or completely change oil).

But the best approach is to be checking ur oil dipstick.

Even the car manual stated that u top up after every 1000km. (Confusing Toyota company)

It didn't reduce, just that why wasting money buying expensive oil, 5w30( 4L and 1L to top up intermittently).
Toyota and oil burn is like 5 and 6, one more thing boss, I have seen some with the 1ZZ-FE,
are there engine as durable as the 2zz-fe?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mejai(m): 10:06pm On Apr 23, 2022
ksmart027:

Toyota and oil burn is like 5 and 6, one more thing boss, I have seen some with the 1ZZ-FE,
are there engine as durable as the 2zz-fe?
I don't really know much about 1ZZ-FE.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ksmart027(m): 10:07pm On Apr 23, 2022
mejai:

I don't really know much about 1ZZ-FE.
Thanks for your response boss, I really appreciate.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mejai(m): 10:08pm On Apr 23, 2022
ksmart027:

Thanks for your response boss, I really appreciate.
U welcome.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by YeyeGbami: 10:15pm On Apr 23, 2022
Itsrm:

The only reasonable post I've seen on this issue

[img]https:///media/7-12-2014/JlSeRv.gif[/img]
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Glithronix: 11:08pm On Apr 23, 2022
mejai:

Hope no overheating.
Check for leakage and have ur radiator flushed. Buy coolant and add. Then watch the level .
No overheating at all, but the owner called my attention to it, and I've never experienced overheating with it.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 11:50pm On Apr 23, 2022
komodapson:

Felicity, abeg we still get that Chilled Heineken for fridge? Abeg, give this man... He asked a salient ?

Oga light no dey for the past 3days now so drinks no coolgrin

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 11:53pm On Apr 23, 2022
komodapson:

(In chief Zebudaya voice)
Odogwu- Barbie....you too much.... The thing wey sweet my belle about this philanthropic gesture is not the money itself, but the Assurance wey I get on topu you say - "you too sure"...

Just similar assurance I placed on Oga Felicity, him promise me say him go beer me for rhapsody, though he is yet to fulfill his promise due to some intrinsic APC characteristic tendencies he possesses grin & many hoodlumic activities he engages in , trying to sensitize both Crazy riders&drivers on this E-hailing street hustle...making it a better place for all, but I believe him go still do am... E fit kon upgrade am from Rhapsody to Casper&Gabinni as the Spirit leadeth him grin

In all thanks Barbie.... Gracias

Me promise you Heineken? Abeg resurrect that promise oh make I see weather I never fu*ck up wellgrin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 11:55pm On Apr 23, 2022
What a night! I just dropped Daniel Amokachi. Trip of 700 naira he gave me 4000. Like say my car know who I carry e begin play Ah Finesse , they part where the kept calling Amokachi name almost made me laugh. But I kept my calm. cheesy

Now I have Amokachi’s number.
cheesy

10 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 11:56pm On Apr 23, 2022
komodapson:

(With my 2 fingers in the Air grin)
Baba! Baba!!...U be Chairmo now.... U ripe pass this one now, we sabi you for street now, person wey no know you - No sabi person...for this Lasgidi.... #Gbefun...#sureperson .
The only Benz on e-hailing street...twalle

Keep whinning I just dey look you dey laffgrin

No worry kontinue
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Johnnybegood12: 12:50am On Apr 24, 2022
ksmart027:

U r lucky to get a car with low miles. I want to upgrade, but I am looking at getting 2009 to 2012 Toyota Corolla, but from what i heard, it has electrical faults and also burns oil. I am also looking at getting 2012 Kia Rio, but I heard that parts are expensive and is prone to overheating. What year is your skoda Octavia and does it share parts with Volkswagen, I drive manual too.
It's 2007
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 4:38am On Apr 24, 2022
deedee44:

I no talk again. See as you don dey vex for driver wey you never even hear from.
Let the rider clear our doubts.

Did he offer to request another ride to return the item or he claimed right that his money was still reading so insisted that the driver should return it.

Is the driver picking his calls?

If yes, what is the driver saying?

If he has bad intentions he will not be picking rider's calls, he would have blocked him gan sef

Boss I no dey vex jare.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 4:47am On Apr 24, 2022
kodred:

Bia mind yourself o. From kompressor to 2016 4matic. Make I go find person head. I dey come

Haha...

Abeg oooh
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 4:54am On Apr 24, 2022
Viking07:
What a night! I just dropped Daniel Amokachi. Trip or 700 naira he gave me 4000. Like say my car know who I carry e begin play Ah Finesse , the part where the kept calling Amokachi name almost made me laugh. But I kept my calm. cheesy

Now I have Amokachi’s number.
cheesy

I beg give me connect, I get one of my boy when dey play ball, young lad and quite good.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 5:00am On Apr 24, 2022
deedee44:

How are you sure he didn't? Remember we only heard from the rider. There are always 3 sides to every story they say

Come o where is the guy that even brought this Fuji house of commotion here self? Since that he hasn't even come up with any update about the issue neither did he shared the drivers contact for facts with Sandra Ezekwesiligrin wo no suspect rider yen

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 5:01am On Apr 24, 2022
Itsrm:

grin

73O9:

Or maybe his part time work pays more than his full time grin.

Both of you are not nice, you come dey laugh for back.
Part time pays more this days grin

I dey find part time job too, maybe I go fit get
Micheal Jordan number.

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 5:01am On Apr 24, 2022
Idaytesj29:

Hmmmm thanks boss. Pls don't hesitate to drop more information about this. God bless.

Like how much is the fare?

What about individual transport business owners? Are they affected by these rules too? Or just the big time players like Ifesinachi, GUO, God is Good etc?

na you go carry out that assignment and get back to us be that ooo... Me I don trygrin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 5:13am On Apr 24, 2022
kodred:

Scenarios:

If he gets the money from the bank, he would be able to afford a tokunbo car and work on his terms even though he’s paying 1.3 million interest for it.

If he’s unable to meet up with current weekly payments, owner will retrieve the car and his sweat goes down the drain.

If in the course of using the car on Fridays, owner gets involved in an accident, what happens to his payments so far? Downtime? Cost of repairs? State of car?

How could he have signed a 4 million naira contract without getting all the info needed.

In my opinion, He should forfeit the money paid and get that loan. The loss (1.12 remittance) should serve as punishment not doing due diligence.

Seconded.

Pearl's submission on this subject; oppose, no light at the end of the tunnel for that driver if he follows your advice, if you doubt it let's wait and see. That contract is a death trap. Unless owner is ready to shift grounds then they can rewrite the agreement in clear terms which I think is the best option here, but in a case where owner is not ready to shift grounds then,

Let him collect the bank loan and purchase a car but he shouldn't drop his present car till he has gotten the money, source for a good car, register it then ready for work. He should keep all his records clean with his present boss, the universe will always act later, it doesn't fail to.

cc: peacefulhome

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Idaytesj29(m): 5:30am On Apr 24, 2022
Felicity0001:

na you go carry out that assignment and get back to us be that ooo... Me I don trygrin

Hahahah grin grin

No prob. You don try sef. Thanks
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Idaytesj29(m): 5:34am On Apr 24, 2022
Pearl1910:

Last time I checked it was 15k for ABC, 2nd Rainbow, festac link road. Now it will be around 25k.
But Mile2 under bridge and Capitol Road will be cheaper.

Thanks for this. God bless cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (4636) (4637) (4638) (4639) (4640) (4641) (4642) ... (5691) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: Mukah1234(m), Doncyn01

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.