Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,036 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:12 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (4786) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4745038 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4783) (4784) (4785) (4786) (4787) (4788) (4789) ... (5690) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by obinoral1179(m): 8:30am On Jul 02, 2022
Felicity001:

Let me drop this to see if it can help you.

Take out time one friday.night and go for night clubbing make sure you do atleast 3 clubs b4 dawn, drink but don't get drunk maybe 1bottle of bear in each of the 3 clubs you'll be going to then go close to the speakers let the music sound into your soul then dance any how you can. Don't be the one to drive pls... Hire an Uber tell him not to drink just buy bottle water and food for him then you can buy his own drink when coming out of the last bar. Let him pick and drop you at home after every every in the morning....carry.your woman folo if possible....get home and sleep then see how things goes

Come back with a testimony
This suggestion get as e be......

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mejai(m): 8:55am On Jul 02, 2022
Glithronix:

But this mainland is not making sense at all nahhh.
Which kind wahala be this? embarassed
Today na Saturday and my target is 35k gross or more than if possible.
If I don't hit this today, e go vex me.
I don buy fuel 6k since yesterday night and that's enough to gross me 35k today.
Me I'm set to go island like this but this one wey you and Readadream come dey yarn person now self. cry
Go on! Just be mindful of where u put ur Tyres.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ReadaDream(m): 9:00am On Jul 02, 2022
Glithronix:

Boss, no discourage me from pitching my tent on he island oooh. grin
Much respect, sire.
Coast is clear. Fire down!

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mejai(m): 9:04am On Jul 02, 2022
REMINDER 1,2, 4 &10
Ghost1994:
Raining season is here again. I’ll share my little experience.

1. Avoid alpha beach road patapata during heavy rain

2. Don’t ever try to enter down orchid road no.

3. Try as much as possible to let your pointers, wipers and your dim light working perfectly before jetting out.

4. Avoid places you don’t really know their flood level.

5. During the heavy rain, find somewhere safe to park if you’ve not gotten a trip yet park your car, relax for about 25-40 minutes after the rain Lagos gutters would’ve been cleared a bit to proceed for hustle.

6. Community road Akoka is a death trap. Keep that at the back of your map.

7. It’s a season to make money but then you have to apply wisdom because rider that’s paying x2 of the money would want you to satisfy them by dropping them at their doorstep. But if by the way(s) you suspect the area is prone to flood, sharply end the trip at the beginning of the street offer a rider 100-200naira for his/her bike/keke fare.

8. Try as much as possible to work within the Circe/areas you know too well.

9. Don’t do 80-100klm during heavy. Abeg if you don’t love yourself we do. Why? Brake doesn’t work well when it’s rainy just a simple logic.

10. Off your car ac when you sight heavy flood in a street or on any road. Why? Because most of our cars are above 10yrs ago and there are some components in which water must not get into on your compressor it’ll damage your compressor quickly.

11. Work smart. Yes work smart— don’t work late start early close early. Because you can’t know all the whole roads in Lagos no matter how many decades you’ve been driving on Lagos road. Working late sometimes is a death trap to damage your vehicle because so many bad potholes you might not be able to see are trap to damage your shocks, tyre etc.

12. If you miss your turn, maybe you didn’t calculate well or map malfunctioning, don’t ever bother to reverse never ever think of that. No matter how much rider pressurize you just be calm and let him or her know you’ll remove some money out of his/her bills for compensation. 200-500 naira is Better to let go than loosing your car to accident or road lions (Lastma/Taskforce)

13. Never drag road with trailer or tankers. Those people doesn’t see on a normal day not to talk of rainy days. Be wise don’t let rider sweet talk you to be saying they’re late blablabla you’re not the cause of their lateness.

I’ll share my own work ethics

- I work basically on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday it’s a rushing day.

- I take Thursday off to relax and focus on my course

- Friday yes and Saturday I start working around 2pm why? Well I feel like that’s when the people started rushing out.

- I work on Sunday but I avoid island ajah,Lekki and the rest once it’s 1pm why? When you notice your app you’ll see it’ll all white once is getting to 2pm because riders don Dey house but on like mainland there are many churches. It’s a wisdom.

- routes I avoid on week days are:- 1. Egbeda, Ikeja in the morning is dead, ikotun igando, ekoro road, command road, Iyana ipaja, aboru, lasu, okoko, festac, mile 2, oshodi, Ikorodu never, sangotedo hell no, I can only drop a worthy trip at the airport and jet out immediately I avoid siting and waiting for unrealistic trips in airport unless I’m lucky if I’m driving out and I get a trip.

After Opic Berger I always avoid any trip going after Berger.

How do I cancel? Bolt shows me where I’m going so whenever I’m sure the area is part of my listed dead zone, I click on arrived, passenger phone is not working or passenger ask me to cancel. It’s work like magic on iPhone but not with androids. It’s help me avoiding any conversations with rider.

Note:- I accept every trips coming to my phone no matter how dead it is but I cancel once I feel is not safe for me and my car.

I try as much as possible to select the trip(s) above 1500. How will you know a trip coming to your phone is more than 1500? Any trip be it surge or no surge above 8klm is practically more than 1,500. Note I don’t care how much you collect because of bonus but all I know is that the money is above 1500.

I don’t rush myself any day anytime my target as a car owner per day is 5k for savings 3k to start hustle next day and 2k for feeding/dropping at home.

Why 5k? It’s my logic and it’s been helping save maturely. I used to make x3-4 of my savings sometimes but then it’s just my saving culture I’ll still save all have made. I’ll just called it discipline.

How did you manage cash savings? I store my cash savings somewhere in my living room where I don’t tell anyone and on Thursday Whenever I dropped my son in school, I head straight to bank and deposit to account I don’t have atm or internet banking.

How did you manage your car(s) to serve you well? I avoid most Lagos mechanics 90%. Whatsoever happened to my car like for example let’s say shocks is bad, I will drive my car to market park and pay 5hundred naira I’ll go and get my new shocks, I know how much is leakage, shocks, brake pads, thyroids, fluid, bulbs etc. all I need is to change I don’t manage.

What can make a car to last in these hustle? Cars are like human being, you have to maintain them. I Do a daily routine before I jet out in the morning because I’ll be off sometimes on 9-12 hours on wheel. I check everything I needed to check before jetting out.

I make sure I avoid anything bad route. I don’t carry loads that doesn’t fit in my car trunk. My car is design to carry 4 and yes mini 4 not heavy make ups madams going to party and try to squeeze themselves in my mini sedan no! I don’t carry them I don’t want wahala.

Also, anyday mechanic is fixing one thing or two in my car, I always make sure we do it together. I don’t supervise but we handle it together because mechanic are humans too they might forget to tighten 1 bolt which I’m not perfect either but 2-4 heads is better than 1.

How do you manage a rider whose street is bad and you consider picking him/her? Well the logic i used is straightforward. Many of dead streets have alternative like bike and keke. I’ll put a call through:-

Me: Sir/ma good morning this is the Uber ride you ordered
Rider: Good morning I’ll be expecting you.
M: sir/ma I’m sorry getting to the street now, my car has hit the ground severally it’s a low Corolla/Honda please I don’t mind since you don’t have load I’ll pay for your bike or marwa.

Reasonable rider who value life and property will agreed and even said don’t worry just give me few mins. But i manage if it’s elderly person or rider mentions she’s pregnant I’ll go BUT if rider acting somehow I won’t go.

How can someone makes more saving in this hustle?
1st is Gods grace, 2 is your car is your tools once she doesn’t give you any problem(s) you’ll make savings.

Advice to newbie:- never allow rider to sweet talk you to drop him or her at unreasonable location. Avoid airport just drop off only. Never follow one way or brt lane even if you’re carrying buhari daughter, don’t try to reverse on the highway if you miss your way yes rider will shout but keep calm, make sure you confirm your credit alert before allowing rider off in your car, if you don’t have change offer to transfer airtime as their balance some will say yes and some will tell you to keep the change but remember it’s their money, use rider app to calculate the estimated price of the route you’re heading-it’ll help you determine if the route worth it coupled with the traffic, never fight physically with your rider some are walking ghosts, pay your commission once it’s getting above threshold, read signs, ask riders questions if the map is malfunctioning, join Facebook/WhatsApp/telegram groups to learn more about people’s day to day experiences. Last but first pray to God and follow your instincts.

PLAN FOR FUTURE AND REMEMBER THE HUSTLE SHOULDNT BE FOR A VERY LONG TIME ALWAYS HAVE A PLAN B.

Bye for now

God will continue to help us all
Ghost1994

10 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 9:15am On Jul 02, 2022
Glithronix:

No vex boss I just read the whole story now, I no know you but it's obvious you be one of the legends here.
Na wetin I fit afford be this ooh cos na rental level I dey, no vex, boss.
I pray all things get well and better for you soon. Such no go happen in your life again. Amen.
You're blessed, sire.
I know say by God's grace, I go reach the level of dru23 to dey giveout large amount. smiley
Much respect, comrade.
Much respect to all them bosses here.

I wish I can do more sir .... But I know there is strength in numbers and thats why I asked everyone to chip in ......Thank you for setting an example , you have done well regardless the amount ........

And I hope others will follow ............

Keep in mind as rich as Bill Gates , He still ask people to donate to his charity .. He understands the logic in strength in numbers...

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Glithronix: 10:22am On Jul 02, 2022
ReadaDream:
Coast is clear. Fire down!
And my 1st ride brought me down to lekki (destination set up).
I never see any order that will take me out of island today, maybe till when I'm set to close later in the night. grin
Much respect, sir.

1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Glithronix: 11:02am On Jul 02, 2022
dru23:

I wish I can do more sir .... But I know there is strength in numbers and thats why I asked everyone to chip in ......Thank you for setting an example , you have done well regardless the amount ........

And I hope others will follow ............

Keep in mind as rich as Bill Gates , He still ask people to donate to his charity .. He understands the logic in strength in numbers...
Much respect, boss.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Glithronix: 11:02am On Jul 02, 2022
obinoral1179:
You have done well brother..... Much Respect Boss
Thanks, baba. ✌
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ReadaDream(m): 11:13am On Jul 02, 2022
Glithronix:

And my 1st ride brought me down to lekki (destination set up).
I never see any order that will take me out of island today, maybe till when I'm set to close later in the night. grin
Much respect, sir.
Update the house at COB what your experience is.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by lanrexdo(m): 11:29am On Jul 02, 2022
Stop typping and position .

Be ready to be blown away with huge waterbodies

Hope say the car no get any rusy under unless na bad smell go wound you

Enjoy .
Glithronix:

But this mainland is not making sense at all nahhh.
Which kind wahala be this? embarassed
Today na Saturday and my target is 35k gross or more than if possible.
If I don't hit this today, e go vex me.
I don buy fuel 6k since yesterday night and that's enough to gross me 35k today.
Me I'm set to go island like this but this one wey you and Readadream come dey yarn person now self. cry

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by realgideon(m): 11:47am On Jul 02, 2022
Pearl1910:

Sorry for the late response jare...
I know there are at least 2 WhatsApp groups that has originated from this thread. If anyone is already a member of a Whatsapp group that originated from this thread, let them confirm so we can expand it for whoever is interested to join to avoid duplication.
Personally, I don't have a problem with being on a WhatsApp group but for people that want to maintain anonymity, I think they will prefer Telegram.
I'm interested please add me up 07088625054
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Rorbin: 11:57am On Jul 02, 2022
I picked a lady(Hope she called her name) from Oshodi to lekki phase 2, she refused to pay #4600 since last week Friday & today is 2nd of July, pls help me to call her 08062163664

She's not more picking my calls & actually claiming she did d transfer but a lie from d pit of hell.

Thanks so much.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 12:34pm On Jul 02, 2022
[quote author=Johnchrix post=114333299][/quote]

Lol... Dis one loud ooh
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 12:38pm On Jul 02, 2022
Pearl1910:
Existing Vacancies

Role: Operations Supervisor.

B.Eng or HND In Mechanical, Electrical or Materials Engineering.
Minimum 2.2 (Second Class Lower)
Atleast 2years experience in an Engineering or Technical role
Not more than 35years
Leadership, Problem Solving, Delegation, Taking Initiative and Project Mgt.

Kindly send Resumes to pearlngabrinchi@gmail.com on or before 8th July, 2022

Can people like me, gentlelife50, donforuntes48 that are above 60yrs applygrin me too dey find work o
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 12:38pm On Jul 02, 2022
Pearl1910:
Existing Vacancies

Not more than 35years

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 12:40pm On Jul 02, 2022
Pearl1910:
Existing Vacancies

Not more than 35years

Can people like me gentlelife50, donforuntes48, dru23, blackbishop and co who have cross 60yrs apply? grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by computerglobal(m): 12:54pm On Jul 02, 2022
computerglobal:

Be Cautious and obtain a detailed vehicle history report from computerglobal which can reveal many hidden problems from a vehicle’s past, including flood titles,recalls and more, and also will indicate if a vehicle has been registered in at-risk areas during flood and hurricane seasons.....
Consumers could end up saving a great deal of time and money in repairing damages that were unbeknownst to them with they made the purchase. ..
Tested and Trusted Service..

Contact us on Whats-app now 08060365068 for Instant Vehicle History Report & Custom Duty verification

Call/Sms/Whatsapp (vin/chassis) to +234 - 806 -036 - 5068

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by IgiveLadiesBj(m): 1:58pm On Jul 02, 2022
Felicity001:

Can people like me gentlelife50, donforuntes48, dru23, sanmel, blackbishop and co who have cross 60yrs apply? grin
He's not accepting 3rd class

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 2:18pm On Jul 02, 2022
Glithronix:

As in. Very unfair of them.
What I will advise rookies like me be say, if you dey chase daily bonus, abeg no start driving late. Start driving early in the morning maybe by 7-8 am to ensure you quickly meet the bonus requirement.
Bolt use night driving to punish stubborn drivers cos they know say night hustle no fit dey easy like during. I've noticed them during my night driving.
But it's all good sha.

Much respect, bossman.

You are missing the juicy part of the day without traffic, if you start driving by 7am.
Start 5:00am in surge locations, target Lekki phase 2/chevron from mainland. From lekki (surge) begin find Ikeja(airport) or Ojodu or ajao anywhere in mainland. Before 9am/ traffic you done gross 10/12k. You can then go to eat hot rice or akpu , sleep or be disturbing people on nairaland, while you waiting for any long trip to location against traffic.

Don’t play with
5am to 10 am & 4pm to 12 midnight week days.
Weekend (Friday 9pm to sunday midnight, no rest at all just be moving mainland - island)
You will make money easily week in week out ... grin BUT your life will never remain the same shocked

Much respect sir .... grin

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 2:23pm On Jul 02, 2022
IgiveLadiesBj:

Eweeeeehhhhhh
You mean am ?
So all of them get certificate
Our current president no get certificate, another presidential aspirant no go school but did masters abroad.
I know Blackbishop no get 3rd class and donfortune48 hasn’t graduated from medical school.

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Blackbishop(m): 3:11pm On Jul 02, 2022
[quote author=dru23 post=114314565][/quote]

Boss I don't know how long you will continue to reply all mentions. But if you need to reply every mention I fit message you my acct. Number to reply in kindness.

But all said and done trust you doing well, giving shouldn't be forced out of people and no need of left hand knowing what you re doing for the right hand.

In all na sense matter sha.....

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Blackbishop(m): 3:12pm On Jul 02, 2022
IgiveLadiesBj:

You know this na punchline.... and you no direct to one person na everybody you splash on top
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Blackbishop(m): 3:15pm On Jul 02, 2022
BAZ001:

Eweeeeehhhhhh
You mean am ?
So all of them get certificate
Our current president no get certificate, another presidential aspirant no go school but did masters abroad.
I know Blackbishop no get 3rd class and donfortune48 hasn’t graduated from medical school.

Bazoo my nigga... I no even know say pearl dey give job. Abeg give more details of the job description

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Snrman1: 4:07pm On Jul 02, 2022
Good afternoon house please i need some help verifying something i recently got a job through family for a job which they paid certain amount for certificate , workers estate amd stuff like that. The company is registered under CAC which made my parents believe the job is legit. Is it possible to conduct an interview in a canteen of a federal ministry in abuja? I didn't go for the interview cus family claim to know such a person.
The problem now is that this they keep postponing resumption date dues to certiain things and im trying to convince my parents that this job looks fake etc.
The number 1 red flag was when i attempted to call the number on my job description for certain info immediately the man that linked me up called me that why did i dail that number threatening to remove me and refund me stuffs like that. Please house i would like somebody to help me out to find more prove that this job is fake

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Snrman1: 4:09pm On Jul 02, 2022
Snrman1:
Good afternoon house please i need some help verifying something i recently got a job through family for a job which they paid certain amount for certificate , workers estate amd stuff like that. The company is registered under CAC which made my parents believe the job is legit. Is it possible to conduct an interview in a canteen of a federal ministry in abuja? I didn't go for the interview cus family claim to know such a person.
The problem now is that this they keep postponing resumption date dues to certiain things and im trying to convince my parents that this job looks fake etc.
The number 1 red flag was when i attempted to call the number on my job description for certain info immediately the man that linked me up called me that why did i dail that number threatening to remove me and refund me stuffs like that. Please house i would like somebody to help me out to find more prove that this job is fake
the reason im posting this here is because i finally found a car for hire purchase but family is telling me to be patient for this job. Please i need a second opinion on this thank you all . God bless
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peacefulhome(f): 4:12pm On Jul 02, 2022
Viking07:
Just got the final update from Tgiirl, turns out the final money raised remains 89500. I’ll add a token to round the figure up later.

I’d like to clarify something for posterity sake. Tgiirl never came online to seek for funds or any kind of monetary help. It was my idea to support him in this difficult period, and thankfully a handful of Nairalanders bought into it.

My special thanks goes to all those who contributed their little token to support a total stranger who they probably would never meet. dru23, Mrs Aderonke and 7 others. Funny enough only 9 persons contributed the N89,500. Truly what God cannot do, does not exists. While I was here looking for 20 persons to contribute 2000 each. cheesy

At this juncture, the monetary contribution for Mr Tgiirl has come to a close. For further assistance if your spirit pleases, his mobile number is on his profile.

Adios.

Remember some of us only have weekend to catch up for update.
Thanks for helping out when a brother needs it the most.
Please if there is any one on this platform with a sure link of how Tgirl wife can get a good job, please also reach out to him.

Tgirl, I will transfer something before the end of today.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by IgiveLadiesBj(m): 5:41pm On Jul 02, 2022
Snrman1:
the reason im posting this here is because i finally found a car for hire purchase but family is telling me to be patient for this job. Please i need a second opinion on this thank you all . God bless
from all indications, they have scammed you bro.

I say this with my full chest cos why will the man flare up when you called the number? How did he know you called if he's not the one handling the phone?

How much did you pay him for this position?

Have you met any Hr or anyone from the company apart from the said man?
What's your salary expectations?

These are some questions and many more for you to answer
Again how many months time before you resume?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 5:51pm On Jul 02, 2022
obinoral1179:
This suggestion get as e be......

e get as e b but e also get as d tin dey do amgrin

My experience during school in Aluu, China, Rivers State with arm robbers... Raped the girls in my hustle the operation lasted more thank 2hrs...

na that therapy I discovered and it worked like magic because each night I closed my eyes I always see thieves crawling in my syling boardgrin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by IgiveLadiesBj(m): 5:51pm On Jul 02, 2022
Snrman1:
Do you know the name of the man that connected you to the job

Bro you've been scammed.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Snrman1: 6:29pm On Jul 02, 2022
IgiveLadiesBj:
from all indications, they have scammed you bro.

I say this with my full chest cos why will the man flare up when you called the number? How did he know you called if he's not the one handling the phone?

How much did you pay him for this position?

Have you met any Hr or anyone from the company apart from the said man?
What's your salary expectations?

These are some questions and many more for you to answer
Again how many months time before you resume?
the only thing i have gone for is medicals. I don't know anything from the company.
All the gave me was a job description with salary of 192k.
No specific date of resumption
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Snrman1: 6:30pm On Jul 02, 2022
IgiveLadiesBj:

Do you know the name of the man that connected you to the job

Bro you've been scammed.
yes he stays in the same estate with him. I'm trying to convince my people that this a scam so we act on time
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by YeyeGbami: 6:33pm On Jul 02, 2022
Tgiirl:
Adetomiwa Tayo
Gtbank

FB: Ty tomiwa
Twitter: Teewhytomiwa

Please manage bro, God will heal your pain.

11 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (4783) (4784) (4785) (4786) (4787) (4788) (4789) ... (5690) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.