Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,467 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:19 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (4802) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4745494 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4799) (4800) (4801) (4802) (4803) (4804) (4805) ... (5690) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kanuisagoat: 5:10am On Jul 09, 2022
Oxala:

Let me tell you bro, the hack to this hustle, is to always drive a rented car.

That way you're not liable for major repairs and you can comfortably drive the car to death, without a twinge of conscience. You fit even dey do shift sef, if you get padi wey sure wey no dey fúck up.

Only a foolish car owner will allow this. There's is a maximum number of miles I expect you to drive in a month. If you exceed it consistently, I withdraw my car.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kanuisagoat: 5:23am On Jul 09, 2022
dru23:

When you say she bought a house.. Do you mean a single family house, townhouse, or Condo ..... Prices of homes varies from state to state.....

Now places like Texas, Arizona, Atlanta, Las Vegas . homes are cheaper in those areas... But they pay less in those states........

So which state did she buy a house and she was able to pay full mortgage .. What type of house did she buy etc ..

Now the average cost of a house in the USA is around $374, 000 .. Now in my state the average is around $ 575, 000 .....

Now below is the highest paying IT jobs......

Information security engineer — $131,300.
DevOps engineer — $137,400.
Enterprise architect — $144,400.
Technical program manager — $145,000.
Software architect — $145,400.
Applications architect — $149,000.
Infrastructure architect — $153,000.
Software development manager — $153,300

Readers keep in mind this salary here is before taxes. You will pay at least 40% in tax.. The more your income the higher u can pay in taxes...

So Bazz001 that Nigerian IT girl that paid full mortgage for a house. What area of IT does she do .......

Is this per annum?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 5:28am On Jul 09, 2022
kanuisagoat:

Only a foolish car owner will allow this. There's is a maximum number of miles I expect you to drive in a month. If you exceed it consistently, I withdraw my car.

Straight up! They are even unreasonable dents in & out I'll see and the deal is gradually coming to an end. But you know some car owners don't get to see their car for like 3 months, some are not even around. Theirs is to get their pay weekly, and everything is good, until they realise money paid so far plus the present state of car can't match cost of start up.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 5:51am On Jul 09, 2022
dru23:

My brother I don't know again.. The girl is doing 3 IT jobs........

The goal here is to get 1 good job without working 3 different jobs.....

3 IT job , how u wan rest ... My friend is a computer programmer makes about $150k ... He will not have the mental capacity to do another IT job... The job can be mentally draining.....

We have physical labour that drains your body .. The same for mental labour ... It drains you mentally .....

Of course I knew you won’t get a clear response. Let’s all continue deceiving ourselves.

All man for himself, God for all. Y’all have a great day!

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 6:10am On Jul 09, 2022
dru23:

It is called PTSD

Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) is a disorder that develops in some people who have experienced a shocking, scary, or dangerous event

The events that he has experience at an early stage in his life is causing it .. And it makes people very bitter ....

We have all experience it at a stage in our life knowing and unknowing ... We all have trauma at a stage in our life..

It is how we deal and cope with it that matters. I think his own copping skills is by venting online and talking about it indirectly.......

It is normal and nothing to be ashame of it ... Nigeria will do that to u ..

Oga Dru you see if there's one thing that irritate me most in church is when people comes to give testimony on how they just got visa. It took me Mr President tenure to understand the force behind it, testimony is minor... infact they should mount billboards on major roads and use convoy at least 16 cars to the airport. That's how bad this country has sink.

Regardless, I am not saying opportunities are not here, but it is in the hands of few. What do we really need? The basic things of life. Living in Lagos alone, have a toll on one's mental health. A fertile ground will help seed to grow proper, that is the difference between here and there. The energy an average driver put to work here, if discharged in equivalent to dollars? Trust me, the peace of mind and level ahead are not comparable. Let's be honest with ourselves, you stayed back because it its favourable, so why discourage other people.

Ye! I know it is not easy out there, I understand you can't run away from tax and you have to hustle for every penny... but in the long run, does it worth it? Look at the frustration going on in this country. We are already at short one merely being a Nigerian. From driver pooing to fight a lastma, woman going mental at gas station, spend 4 hours to get to work and 4 hours after work (that's 8 hours of a man's life on the road). Yesterday, it took 2 hours for me to get gas and after the stress, i still have to drive. So many werey everywhere.

I don't want to sit here and start telling you about business and fleet of cars. Even people that are selling hair seem to be cashing out. I marvel the day a lady told me she bought hair 500k. Like seriously? The projection is to be happy and observe great height with time. Trust me, Baz is not the only one hitting on this, I am yet to see anyone around me over there talk good about this country outside being a place of jollifcation once they leave. This *Had I know, I would have left on time* is what they kept singing. They all can't be wrong and mad at the same time.

Inbtw: I feel we are not good at tapping the opportunities in our country, we've been conditioned to think one way. Growing up, I remember majority want to go to school and secure a work on the island. Took reality for me to understand that ain't life, even if the folks involved in it today walks with heads up and shoulder high. When I see someone who works on the island and resides on mainland with a 200k pay. I kind of shake my head for them. I know they are shaking theirs for me too grin it is called perception and very understandable. Foreigners are very good at tapping the juice in our land. They understand we are only good at consuming and they do take real good advantage of that.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 6:51am On Jul 09, 2022
peacefulhome:
Good evening to everyone in the house. I have come again oh. Who remember that my husband old time friend that I talked few months back. Baba had finally let go of the car after back and forth. Partner agreed to refund 500k after selling off the car. Guy man want to jappa to oyibo land. So baba needs money, he started disturbing ,that he need his car .

Issue at hand now is husband man is requesting that I should send link of this thread to his friend so as to join this wonderful platform . Baba his ready to mingle with the boss now.
So my boss in the @ BAZOO1, Felicity001,Viking007,pear1910, Dru etc. What do you suggest?

It's not an issue na...it's a public platform
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kanuisagoat: 6:53am On Jul 09, 2022
pope191:

Straight up! They are even unreasonable dents in & out I'll see and the deal is gradually coming to an end. But you know some car owners don't get to see their car for like 3 months, some are not even around. Theirs is to get their pay weekly, and everything is good, until they realise money paid so far plus the present state of car can't match cost of start up.

A lot of owners go about the business the wrong way.

They hear drivers deliver 30k weekly and they start multiplying 30 by 52 weeks and salivating.

They forget the most important part which is learning the ropes. I will not put my one naira in a business I don't understand fully.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Johnchrix(m): 6:59am On Jul 09, 2022
pope191:

Oga Dru you see if there's one thing that irritate me most in church is when people comes put to give testimony on how they just got visa. It took me Mr President tenure to understand the force behind it, testimony is minor... infact they should mount billboards on major roads and use convoy at least 16 cars to the airport. That's how bad this country has sink.

Regardless, I am not saying opportunities are not here, but it is in the hands of fews. What do we really need? The basic things of life. Living in Lagos alone, have a toll on one's mental health. A fertile ground will help a seed to grow proper, that is the difference between here and there. The energy an average driver put to work here, if discharged in equivalent to dollars? Trust me, the peace of mind and level ahead are not comparable. Let's be honest with ourselves, you stayed back because it its favourable, so why discourage other people.

Ye! I know it is not easy out there, I understand you can't run away from tax and you have to hustle for every penny... but in the long run, does it worth it? Look at the frustration going on in this country. We are already at short one merely by being a Nigerian. From driver pooing to fight a lastma, woman going mental at gas station, spend 4 hours to get to work and 4 hours after work (that's 8 hours of a man's life on the road). Yesterday, it took 2 hours for me to get gas and after the stress, i still have to driver. So many werey everywhere.

I don't want to sit here and start telling you about business and fleet of cars. Even people that are selling hair seem to be cashing out. I marvel the day a lady told me she bought hair 500k. Like seriously? The projection is to be happy and observe great height with time. Trust me, Baz is not the only one hitting on this, I am yet to see anyone around me over there talk good about this country outside being a place of jollifcation once they leave. This *Had I know, I would have left on time* is what they kept singing. They all can't be wrong and mad at the same time.

Inbtw: I feel we are not good at tapping the opportunities in our country, we've been conditioned to think one way. Growing up, I remember majority want to go to school and secure a work on the island. Took reality for me to understand that ain't life, even if the folks involved in it today walks with heads up and should high. When I see someone receiving 200k working on the island and living in mainland. I kind of shake my head for them. I know they are shaking theirs for me too grin it is called perception and very understandable. Foreigners are very good at tapping the juice in our land. They understand we are only good at consuming and they do take real good advantage of that.

It's been a while tho but I have to comment on this, this is an excellent pice from an experienced comrade. During my internship I had couple of friends on the island, (millionaire friend) they own house's on on the island (phase 1), when I told them I was doing my internship at mile 2 one almost screamed at me, that's it's was too far..this and that' to me it was a norm, the traffic at orile sometimes u might spend two hours there before you get home you are already exhausted.

What's I'm I trying to say, it's true Living in Lagos alone, have a toll on one's mental health, for the average lagos lagosians, uber drivers and co. A pastor redeem pastor once told me that he do appreciate his driver very often that driving in a kind of place like Lagos...is hell. This man is someone that travel's the world.

Pop191 I think your comments on this will be hard for most of us here to understand and until they have a right hand experience. Driver's are really suffering, tho it can become a normal thing when you are inexposed and not connected to the elite of Lagos. Oga pope191 one can't live in Agege, iyanoba and the few trenches of Lagos and have this your mentality and perception, You are wise.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 7:06am On Jul 09, 2022
Viking07:
Of course I knew you won’t get a clear response. Let’s all continue deceiving ourselves.

All man for himself, God for all. Y’all have a great day!

I just want to make clear.. I don't issues for anyone japping ..

But he comes here belittles all the hard working drivers. Saying driving is dead head job etc. And he talks about japa etc ..

But he is not enlighten others step that he uses to jappa. He just talks about japa and IT job etc.. But at least give people steps u took and how u save money etc .......

Than he tells us he is in school .. Which is fine, but what part of IT are you studying in school . what are the job market for it . He tells you can make 4x amount doing IT than driving etc .. Which is possible , but at least open up to the audience so that they can prepare themselves....

Also he does not talk about school. How much the school cost etc. ... And me personally I don't know much about IT ..

But I know friends that are making $60k per year doing IT . And I know another person that makes about $24 per hour and does crazy overtime ... This person works about 80 hours or more per week ..... And my programmer friend that makes $150k per year and bonuses ...... And this my guy has only 1 job

I feel he has all these information and he is not willing share. But he wants you to jappa and do IT job ...

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kanuisagoat: 7:13am On Jul 09, 2022
If 60-150k dollars per annum before taxes is what people earn then this japa thing is seriously overrated.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 7:14am On Jul 09, 2022
peacefulhome:
Good evening to everyone in the house. I have come again oh. Who remember that my husband old time friend that I talked few months back. Baba had finally let go of the car after back and forth. Partner agreed to refund 500k after selling off the car. Guy man want to jappa to oyibo land. So baba needs money, he started disturbing ,that he need his car .

Issue at hand now is husband man is requesting that I should send link of this thread to his friend so as to join this wonderful platform . Baba his ready to mingle with the boss now.
So my boss in the @ BAZOO1, Felicity001,Viking007,pear1910, Dru etc. What do you suggest?

The latest trend is to jappa and do IT .. I don't known much about IT field .. But all I know is that make sure you get a good IT job that u won't be doing 2 jobs....
So na @BAZ001 u go talk to and maybe he can better advice you on the steps to take....

Maybe it is better to take IT courses or certificate before japping . I don't know but talk to the guy BAZZ001
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by microlincoln: 7:22am On Jul 09, 2022
Fuel update

Total and conOil on ikorodu ososun road (fadeyi) dey sell. But plenty queue o

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 7:25am On Jul 09, 2022
kanuisagoat:
If 60-150k dollars per annum before taxes is what people earn then this japa thing is seriously overrated.

Well $150k is not bad.. You don't need 2 jobs with that of money. Plus my friend also gets bonuses here and there.. So the money is ok .. Maybe after tax or so his take home salary could $ 120k .... But the job is very draining mentally .......

Also I have friend that does IT in Chevron Nigeria Lagos ... As of 3 yrs ago he makes the equivalent of $120k per year.......The cost of living in Nigeria is cheap so he saves more money and pays less taxes.... He is better off money wise than IT guys abroad. He pays less taxes and cost of living is low .. He was thinking about japping to Canada . He found out that he will not make that type of IT money in Canada......

So japping is not overrated o. You just need to be well informed and what will make you good money.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 7:28am On Jul 09, 2022
kanuisagoat:

Really!!! u did be surprised Brov.
That's actually what they make.
The difference is that it is easier to make that money over there than here but when u consider the amount of money u need to travel out...I rather invest that money here and make big bucks. That's my personal opinion.
This whole thing is about personal choices but people fail to respect other people's choices.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 7:40am On Jul 09, 2022
kanuisagoat:

A lot of owners go about the business the wrong way.

They hear drivers deliver 30k weekly and they start multiplying 30 by 52 weeks and salivating.

They forget the most important part which is learning the ropes. I will not put my one naira in a business I don't understand fully.

Learning the ropes is everything for me... how long it takes to master business shouldn't be much of a problem. But knowing how to go about it and go about it well is everything.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 7:41am On Jul 09, 2022
Johnchrix:

It's been a while tho but I have to comment on this, this is an excellent pice from an experienced comrade. During my internship I had couple of friends on the island, (millionaire friend) they own house's on on the island (phase 1), when I told them I was doing my internship at mile 2 one almost screamed at me, that's it's was too far..this and that' to me it was a norm, the traffic at orile sometimes u might spend two hours there before you get home you are already exhausted.

What's I'm I trying to say, it's true Living in Lagos alone, have a toll on one's mental health, for the average lagos lagosians, uber drivers and co. A pastor redeem pastor once told me that he do appreciate his driver very often that driving in a kind of place like Lagos...is hell. This man is someone that travel's the world.

Pop191 I think your comments on this will be hard for most of us here to understand and until they have a right hand experience. Driver's are really suffering, tho it can become a normal thing when you are inexposed and not connected to the elite of Lagos. Oga pope191 one can't live in Agege, iyanoba and the few trenches of Lagos and have this your mentality and perception, You are wise.

Nah so!
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 7:43am On Jul 09, 2022
pope191:

Oga Dru you see if there's one thing that irritate me most in church is when people comes to give testimony on how they just got visa. It took me Mr President tenure to understand the force behind it, testimony is minor... infact they should mount billboards on major roads and use convoy at least 16 cars to the airport. That's how bad this country has sink.

Regardless, I am not saying opportunities are not here, but it is in the hands of few. What do we really need? The basic things of life. Living in Lagos alone, have a toll on one's mental health. A fertile ground will help seed to grow proper, that is the difference between here and there. The energy an average driver put to work here, if discharged in equivalent to dollars? Trust me, the peace of mind and level ahead are not comparable. Let's be honest with ourselves, you stayed back because it its favourable, so why discourage other people.

Ye! I know it is not easy out there, I understand you can't run away from tax and you have to hustle for every penny... but in the long run, does it worth it? Look at the frustration going on in this country. We are already at short one merely being a Nigerian. From driver pooing to fight a lastma, woman going mental at gas station, spend 4 hours to get to work and 4 hours after work (that's 8 hours of a man's life on the road). Yesterday, it took 2 hours for me to get gas and after the stress, i still have to drive. So many werey everywhere.

Inbtw: I feel we are not good at tapping the opportunities in our country, we've been conditioned to think one way. Growing up, I remember majority want to go to school and secure a work on the island. Took reality for me to understand that ain't life, even if the folks involved in it today walks with heads up and shoulder high. When I see someone who works on the island and resides on mainland with a 200k pay. I kind of shake my head for them. I know they are shaking theirs for me too grin it is called perception and very understandable. Foreigners are very good at tapping the juice in our land. They understand we are only good at consuming and they do take real good advantage of that.

I am not discouraging people not to Jappa let us make it clear....

My beef is when BAZZ001 comes here belittles drivers saying they need to Jappa But he does open up to them on how to jappa. He can encourage people to take classes or certificate in IT so that once they Jappa they will not struggle etc ...

He needs to provide more information. He can advice what states in the USA have low cost rent and better IT jobs... The cost of living in some states is very. You end spending your income on rent.......

Some people will jappa with little or no money . And most are ill prepared to jappa .. If he can share is experience of japping than he can help people to make better decisions . but when u come and say jappa this jappa that , but u are informing the audience with information that will help them .. Than there is no point .. It is like saying I found my way , you too find ur way ......

Information is key my brother
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kanuisagoat: 8:01am On Jul 09, 2022
Pearl1910:

The difference is that it is easier to make that money over there than here but when u consider the amount of money u need to travel out...I rather invest that money here and make big bucks. That's my personal opinion.
This whole thing is about personal choices but people fail to respect other people's choices.

When dru23 mentioned the money, I thought it was monthly till I saw his subsequent posts.

How can I gather 8m and use it to japa just to earn 60k per annum when I can put the money to good use here and live large.

Money wey go buy 25 Okadas and will turn to 14-16m in one year all things being equal.

Anyone who wants to japa should japa. Obviously, it's not for me.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 8:05am On Jul 09, 2022
dru23:

I just want to make clear.. I don't issues for anyone japping ..

But he comes here belittles all the hard working drivers. Saying driving is dead head job etc. And he talks about japa etc

But he is not enlighten others step that he uses to jappa. He just talks about japa and IT job etc.. But at least give people steps u took and how u save money etc .......

Than he tells us he is in school .. Which is fine, but what part of IT are you studying in school . what are the job market for it . He tells you can make 4x amount doing IT than driving etc .. Which is possible , but at least open up to the audience so that they can prepare themselves....

Also he does not talk about school. How much the school cost etc
. ... And me personally I don't know much about IT ..

But I know friends that are making $60k per year doing IT . And I know another person that makes about $24 per hour and does crazy overtime ... This person works about 80 hours or more per week ..... And my programmer friend that makes $150k per year and bonuses ...... And this my guy has only 1 job

I feel he has all these information and he is not willing share. But he wants you to jappa and do IT job ...

Oga Dru let me talk on those highlighted.

Few peeps here has beat down driver and drag the hustle, so I don't think Baz has done worst, unless you just want to make a scape goat out of him.

Check an average person in this country, japa is all they could think right now. Go to KPMG, PWC those are folks you will think they are having it all, but the rate their workers are migrating... one need to cross check before missing out.

When you say he should give hint on how to go about Japa. You and I know there's no one way to Japa. All he can do is to share his own way, which might not work for another.

I'll say this today... we are here by virtue of where we are born. If you have 2 kids, grew and school in a sane country till university level. There chances of coming back to run kitikiti moving lagos or coming to trenches to look for one mini flat or 2 bedroom flat is very slim. Failed system drove most of us to this, it wasn't optional atall, just the resistance spirit in is is the only reason we are trying to make lemonade out of lemon cars.

When you say he should give steps and cost... did you forget how Pearl's gate man bought car within a year and some months? A matrix o, rent house and relocate his family? All from the proceed of rental start-up. And he can't even be kind enough to say how Musa did it. Maybe he saves 8k daily, borrowed money from Lapo or from him. He didn't even fill us in how Musa was able to secured the car he drove on rental, maybe it was from one of his fleets. While he is advicing me on how to save 2k daily which amount to 600k yearly to change my life. 600k in a year is big, but 150k dollar in a year is small to him. grin I am tired like this

Well! All man should do what works for him. Wishing success on every one should be the paramount thing.

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Cheddaz: 8:09am On Jul 09, 2022
I don't understand all this argument about traveling out or staying in 9ja and hustling. My brother people have been hustling in 9ja doing the real hard work, shebi dem talk say hard work pays but no be for 9ja own. The Economy is zero, SME's are suffering, People are even afraid to invest their money in anything ,nothing works here,our politicians keep putting their fingers in our eye and nothing dey happen. If you have the opportunity to Japa don't think twice o. People that were struggling to
Keep up with family duties don enter Yankee in less than 3 yrs are building their houses and buying cars. Something they could not do with all their hardwork in naija. It might not be IT or what ever but the whole idea is to make money. Nothing sweet like when you are seeing the fruit of your Labour and you don't even have to work yourself to insanity unlike the case of naija
Una talk say you can make money here driving odd hrs and with discipline,no doubt but I'd rather work 2 shifts for Yankee even if na Uber sef and still be disciplined at least i no go line up for Osapa London dey sleep for car
Pearl1910:

8 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kanuisagoat: 8:09am On Jul 09, 2022
dru23:

Well $150k is not bad.. You don't need 2 jobs with that of money. Plus my friend also gets bonuses here and there.. So the money is ok .. Maybe after tax or so his take home salary could $ 120k .... But the job is very draining mentally .......

Also I have friend that does IT in Chevron Nigeria Lagos ... As of 3 yrs ago he makes the equivalent of $120k per year.......The cost of living in Nigeria is cheap so he saves more money and pays less taxes.... He is better off money wise than IT guys abroad. He pays less taxes and cost of living is low .. He was thinking about japping to Canada . He found out that he will not make that type of IT money in Canada......

So japping is not overrated o. You just need to be well informed and what will make you good money.

You just said it yourself with a clear example. You can earn more in Nigeria than you will in Canada with cheaper cost of living.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 8:20am On Jul 09, 2022
kanuisagoat:

When dru23 mentioned the money, I thought it was monthly till I saw his subsequent posts.

How can I gather 8m and use it to japa just to earn 60k per annum when I can put the money to good use here and live large.

Money wey go buy 25 Okadas and will turn to 14-16m in one year all things being equal.

Anyone who wants to japa should japa. Obviously, it's not for me.

Boss on the flip side 150k dolls is 91 million in naira. Put subsequently into consideration or should we just focus of the last figure 60k dolls? Or the before tax. At the same time that 10 out of that 25 Okadas may have been sized by Lagos state government by now. Unless you intend running it from a remote place. But know you live in a country where political instability is a major issue.

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 8:22am On Jul 09, 2022
pope191:

Feels good to know Alinco Dangote with multiple cars is here. Let me goan find my kolo and be saving 1k inside everyday. Maybe me too can become Femo in 2 years.

This hustle mad ghan... I was playing a tot in my head. You buy a car let's say Corolla for 2.4 back then and take like 100k to perfect everything including plate number. If you give it out for 25k weekly, it will take 2yrs to get your money back. Then Corolla would have shift to 3.2 million... meaning one would have to struggle to even think of getting toks as inflation has scatter everything. I remember when Dru and I were having this convo and just lately he admit not importin any civic for now. My experience so far, transport business goes beyond writing, it is very deep and crazy in between. Lot of drivers that bought car to start oit like 3 years ago, may not have up to 3 million in their accounts today and when you check the car, you will see they have driven the juice out of the car. Even if they sell and add their savings, it won't get them toks corolla.

The drivers that start out on rentals 2 to 6 months. Should sit and truly do self evaluation if they have been able to save 300k for themselves thus far. Like play a year will pass and nothing has changed around majority. If you think say I they lie, ask Felicity how many cars e drive, if no b say my oga sell plantain plantation.... hmm! Pope b calming down. Ohk! Make I climb bed

All I'll say and careless is be careful of folks that only tell sweet tales.

Hahaha...I swear... I sell plantain for hit sun, without shoes on my legsgrin
The truth is this bizness is just a mirage and and illusion, the only thing good about it is you can use it to raise instant cash for immidiate and little needs or expenses.

Everyone should get sth one the flip side to add to it.

Ehailing money should be solve financial needs like food stuffs, buy clothes, pay NEPA bill, security bills, do hook ups, drink, et al.

With the level of inflation in the country now, saving money is not even advisable because 100k in your account today would have turned 10k a month after.

To BAZ001 and those of us that has a humble beginning in life I want to say kudos to us all and more grease to elbow... Johnchrix hope you read bazoo1 story so no be only you dey pass through difficult times people are currently going through worse than you can imagine so keep you head high and be courageous.

So back to you Pope, what do you mean in your first paragraph because I don't understand

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 8:29am On Jul 09, 2022
Cheddaz:
I don't understand all this argument about traveling out or staying in 9ja and hustling. My brother people have been hustling in 9ja doing the real hard work, shebi dem talk say hard work pays but no be for 9ja own. The Economy is zero, SME's are suffering, People are even afraid to invest their money in anything ,nothing works here,our politicians keep putting their fingers in our eye and nothing dey happen. If you have the opportunity to Japa don't think twice o. People that were struggling to
Keep up with family duties don enter Yankee in less than 3 yrs are building their houses and buying cars. Something they could not do with all their hardwork in naija. It might not be IT or what ever but the whole idea is to make money. Nothing sweet like when you are seeing the fruit of your Labour and you don't even have to work yourself to insanity unlike the case of naija

God will bless you for this... they are beggers in the street of New York. If you go over there without focus, nothing good will happen. Either here or there, focus and having one to put you through make things easy. Few people I have talked to over there will say... the system works in a way that as long as you work, you will have something to fall back too. Not in my country, you have 5 million does not guarantee you won't beg for food next year. Yep! Just a wrong investment can put one back to square 1. Look at Oruma for instance, a Nigerian ruined him. It's not like he spend money of party, drugs or women.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 8:31am On Jul 09, 2022
dru23:

Me I just use uber as a stepping stones to other area of business ... I will continue to say this that transport business is sweet business.. We have different areas of transport sector.........

Even before the increase on duty on cars or the weak naira or inflation.. I have made up my mind not to buy anymore more cars for uber... I have moved into area parts of business..........

My engine oil business is encouraging and I see so much opportunities now ....

Now since it only makes sense to import 2013 cars upwards. Logically engine oil is about to see an increase now .. Due to that fact that new model cars can't take oil abuse like the older cars . people can't just be buying anyhow engine oil anymore grin they go hear am well well ........

So business owners , car owners will need to start evaluating themselves now .... It is about to be a bumpy ride ...

I read where you talked about going into real estate and I just chuckle and said within me, this guy done wake up from him slumbergrin real estate is God's own moneygrin
Gold is God's own money
Just buy these two things and keep for 5yrs minimum and see how you turn a trillionaire over night.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 8:32am On Jul 09, 2022
donbrowser:

Can everyone do business?

Business is not for dumb headed people like *u* grin

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Johnchrix(m): 8:32am On Jul 09, 2022
Felicity001:

The truth is this bizness is just a mirage and and illusion, the only thing good about it is you can use it to raise instant cash for immidiate and little needs or expenses.

Ehailing money should be solve financial needs like food stuffs, buy clothes, pay NEPA bill, security bills, do hook ups, drink, et al.

With the level of inflation in the country now, saving money is not even advisable because 100k in your account today would have turned 10k a month after.

To BAZ001 and those of us that has a humble beginning in life I want to say kudos to us all and more grease to elbow... Johnchrix hope you read bazoo1 story so no be only you dey pass through difficult times people are currently going through worse than you can imagine so keep you head high and be courageous.

So back to you Pope, what do you mean in your first paragraph because I don't understand

I go soon blow boss, and I'll be used no more as an example.inbtw I'm damn broke boss show me love..
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by donbrowser(m): 8:34am On Jul 09, 2022
Felicity001:

Business is not for dumb headed people like *u* grin

Hope you won't start crying again when I start with you?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 8:44am On Jul 09, 2022
Pearl1910:

Ahhh...m*d**cr*ty na bad thing o.
But one thing I know is d day I meet you, ur life will change.
Since ur target is 10k daily. If u save 2k everyday where u can't reach it, u will have minimum 600k at the end of the year. This will be minus ur cash in hand and in the bank. If u want to and u desire to, there is no way u will not buy 1 car every 2years. Except na woman dey chop ur money or u r not just gingered to make d money or disciplined in the savings. Reason why I said join Ajo...u no go want shame and disgrace, so it will push u out to go and hussle everyday.
This isn't rocket science, it's common sense.
If u carry a business mentality or even an employee mentality do this work it will be good for u.
I am not telling u theory but tested practical and hands-on methods to succeed.
I know say e no easy, especially if u don't like driving and maybe ur car isn't very comfortable. But try this for one year and see. When u buy another car and give somebody then u can rest and flex as u like. If 100k a month is okay for u.

You are calling for new drivers to evaluate themselves and tell whether what I am saying is practical...but u are blind to see Readadream and the other guy, that just bought their own cars in less than a year of doing rentals.
My neighbors gate man is a car owner today, thanks to God and his hard work. I introduced him and encouraged him and today he owns a Toyota Matrix. He has rented an apartment in agege, he has brought his family down from Jos. His life has changed. Whatever he decides to do henceforth, it's his business, but that pedestal, that platform to get money easily to do whatever he wants has been established. And he started after covid on rental. Less than 2years.

When u started this work, there were toks cars for less than 1.5m. so don't be wondering how people are doing it, blame urself for not taking the opportunity.
But It's not too late for u too, [b]there are still good naija used cars for less than 1.5m [/b]ask ur friends Felicity and Tojah if I am lying about this too.

This Honda CR-V 2003 dir toks is going for just 2m gaskia!

There r still some good cheap good toks but getting them is difficult

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 8:46am On Jul 09, 2022
AgentXxx:
Send me a message on WhatsApp.. I can share one that I used then to use set destination several times

Leave am make him dey wait for permission to DM me... I get at least 1 dm daily from NL for different reasons
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by donbrowser(m): 8:48am On Jul 09, 2022
kanuisagoat:

You're believing someone that's hoping Trump will come back so the borders can be locked again?

If Japa is not worth it, he should come back home first.

Japa wey my 2 of my friends leave Access Bank for. Note they were not marketers. 1 of those guys dey always dodge church bills for here back then.

Now ehn if you tell am say we need money for "end of year program". Before you say Jack, baba don send 100k. This is someone that's currently doing masters and driving delivery bus. He's intending to switch to IT after his masters.

Believe what you like bro.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 8:58am On Jul 09, 2022
Felicity001:

So you too they do hook up.... confession time they cast people sha grin

At least paragraph? I just want to be saving 2k everyday. So at the end of the year, I'll be able to get another car.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (4799) (4800) (4801) (4802) (4803) (4804) (4805) ... (5690) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 151
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.