Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,369 members, 7,815,786 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:23 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (502) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4744189 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (499) (500) (501) (502) (503) (504) (505) ... (5690) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by justifiedcoyy(m): 6:34pm On Feb 15, 2018
edetsimon:
Hi family and friends am Simon Edet, am Uber and Taxify qualified driver of 2 years experience in the platform with 4.5 Ratings. Please am seriously in need of car to drive, Corolla can be the best choice but nevertheless if any sound car is available I can deliver without any issue. I live in Yaba. 09082906101, edetsimon2@gmail.com
Please help a brother
look up this page, someone posted he's looking for a driver today. call him

look a page or two pages back, there are people who have come to say they looking for drivers.. call them.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by KceeK: 6:38pm On Feb 15, 2018
Experienced Uber\Taxify Driver required for Toyota Camry 2.2 at 40K weekly and a security deposit of 40K. Kindly whatsapp 07067974536
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:07pm On Feb 15, 2018
KceeK:
Experienced Uber\Taxify Driver required for Toyota Camry 2.2 at 40K weekly and a security deposit of 40K. Kindly whatsapp 07067974536

you are setting job for your fellow man.....

making life hard for your fellow man....

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dreamchaser14(m): 7:13pm On Feb 15, 2018
W
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by slamstanlee(m): 7:32pm On Feb 15, 2018
Some riders can frustrate you ehn....
This one told me she will do a return trip within somolu and i agreed.
I thought she would just be done within a short time...
5mins
10mins
14mins.
I just called her: madam i have waited for so long i think i have to go now

Rider: wait for me please, shebi my trip is still reading?

Me: yea, but i can't wait anymore, waited pass 10mins and that's over the bar for me

Rider: why cant you wait, am i not paying you? Just wait lemme finish. (then she came out)

That's when i realized she was doing her nails stuff.
I just kicked the car, was doing a reverse and ending the trip simultaneously. Then she was shouting: ok how much is the fare? How much?

I shouted back: N600.
I didn't even wait further if she will bring the money. I just zoomed off.
I didn't rate her low, left it at 5star, i didn't report to taxify cos i know i wont get my money.

As i moved like 300 meters away, a request came in and lo: it was her, i didn't accept, i didn't mind if i lose 1% out of 99% activity rate....

Sometimes wait pays after you have done like 15km or more and rider ask for some time so you continue or take them back... I can wait even 30mins for that... Not this type biko...

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Iwant2know: 8:04pm On Feb 15, 2018
KceeK:

Who be this one self..

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nitigriti(m): 8:25pm On Feb 15, 2018
I have a simple operational policy - I don't do return trips. In fact, once I get to the final destination, I politely end the trip because "somebody is waiting for me at the airport". I collect my fare first, then we now discuss this new trip you want me to do, with me asking the rider to get a trip quote from the app first, which I will then use to decide how much I will charge. For example, I had a female rider I picked around 11pm from an estate in Ogba to Gbagada. We got to her place around 12 midnight and then she asked if I could take her to Egbeda, after she showers and freshen up. I told her yes, but that I will end this trip first, collect my fare and then bill her #1000 for wait time of 30 minutes and trip fare of #4000. I live in Egbeda, so it was pretty convenient for me. She agreed and we did the trip after she freshened up.
slamstanlee:
5mins
10mins
14mins.

Me: yea, but i can't wait anymore, waited pass 10mins and that's over the bar for me

Rider: why cant you wait, am i not paying you? Just wait lemme finish. (then she came out)

I just kicked the car, was doing a reverse and ending the trip simultaneously. Then she was shouting: ok how much is the fare? How much?

I didn't rate her low, left it at 5star, i didn't report to taxify cos i know i wont get my money.

As i moved like 300 meters away, a request came in and lo: it was her, i didn't accept, i didn't mind if i lose 1% out of 99% activity rate....

Sometimes wait pays after you have done like 15km or more and rider ask for some time so you continue or take them back... I can wait even 30mins for that... Not this type biko...

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nitigriti(m): 8:34pm On Feb 15, 2018
I remember a rider I picked from LSDPC estate Isolo around 2:30pm to Eko Hotel, VI. She wanted to change dollars and then for me to return her to her estate. The journey to Eko Hotel took about an hour, with fare around #2,000. I ended that trip and collected my fare. For the return journey, she now wanted to pay the same #2,000. And there was surge in VI because it was closing time. I told her it's not possible, and explained surge to her. Eventually she agreed to #3,500 after much talk
nitigriti:
I have a simple operational policy - I don't do return trips. In fact, once I get to the final destination, I politely end the trip because "somebody is waiting for me at the airport". I collect my fare first, then we now discuss this new trip you want me to do, with me asking the rider to get a trip quote from the app first, which I will then use to decide how much I will charge. For example, I had a female rider I picked around 11pm from an estate in Ogba to Gbagada. We got to her place around 12 midnight and then she asked if I could take her to Egbeda, after she showers and freshen up. I told her yes, but that I will end this trip first, collect my fare and then bill her #1000 for wait time of 30 minutes and trip fare of #4000. I live in Egbeda, so it was pretty convenient for me. She agreed and we did the trip after she freshened up.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by iyaegin: 8:51pm On Feb 15, 2018
nitigriti:
I remember a rider I picked from LSDPC estate Isolo around 2:30pm to Eko Hotel, VI. She wanted to change dollars and then for me to return her to her estate. The journey to Eko Hotel took about an hour, with fare around #2,000. I ended that trip and collected my fare. For the return journey, she now wanted to pay the same #2,000. And there was surge in VI because it was closing time. I told her it's not possible, and explained surge to her. Eventually she agreed to #3,500 after much talk

Person comot isolo to go V.I just to change dollars...wonders sha..
meanwhile am suffering from low confirmation rating of 87% not one request for the past 1 hour ave been in GRA...
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ifyeez: 9:44pm On Feb 15, 2018
Iwant2know:

Who be this one self..
His looking for a slave, lipsrsealed lipsrsealed undecided undecided lipsrsealed embarassed . He probably heard about Uber/Taxify and thought he can fall out his dying 2.2 to be making him money. Greedy people everywhere.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ifyeez: 9:49pm On Feb 15, 2018
nitigriti:
The more I follow this thread the more I learn, before I can be so nice, now no more waiting more than 5min, I wait 5-10min then am out, buh I must make sure I get my complete fare b4 leaving. Will continue following these thread. kiss kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ifyeez: 10:08pm On Feb 15, 2018
GAZZUZZ:
Last nite I had real time experience of what drivers go thru on the road.

I closed @ 6pm, was about leaving the workshop when I decided to turn on my uber app. I saw surge right where my workshop is located. I received first trip almost immediately but it canceled after a few mins. I then decided to drive a bit while waiting for next request. Got one on oba-akran (by then Dynamic pricing had left the building)drove to mangoro area picked a rider to lekki phase 1 (home of surge) trip was fantastic cause we had to look for ways around traffic (much longer routes)before 11pm I had completed 6trips @ over 10k. It was time to go home. Set destination back to mainland and it popped the Mumu network stability error try again another time. So I decided I will leave it on and cancel any trip not going my way. I was deep inside ajah heading home when I heard an uncomfortable sound from the serpentine belt area.....

I ignored it... by the time I got close to lekki phase 1 round about I had the battery light on with the engine running, stiff power steering and rapidly climbing coolant temperature values.

I am driving my Avensis 1998 2002 and it uses a 3piece belt. I turned off all major electrical gadgets except the engine (head lights, DVD systems, airconditioning) I used the hazard lights instead.

I stopped accessed the damage and realised all 3 belts had been ripped of by the larger belt.

Got back into the car and drove to a well lit area where I could see a few cars parked.

Immediately I parked the HNIC came out of the dark, I addressed my self as Captain gazzuzz of kano pillars international HNIC became calm, I told him my war was going to sleep in his care and I would pick it up in the morning, he had no problem with that.

I called one of my colleagues on the phone, and in a matter of minutes, a 407 with a horse whip on the dashboard appears, I bullied the driver to the passenger side and drove to workshop.

Got to workshop picked up another vehicle and headed home.

got to gate and seems the security guy was in a valentine spirit. Did everything possible to wake him up, my guy no appear.

So I turned on my app and headed to magodo as instructed by my Oga in the business. True to his words lagos started moving again, this time back to lekki.....

2 more trips, then I headed back to area where my faulty vehicle was parked.

I didn't allow HNIC see me, I located another area where I saw over 20 toyota corrola cars with drivers inside all sleeping cheesy

Any way I said to my self, this area must be safe.

turned off app set chair low and got some shut eye.

I knew my serpentine belt was a bit frayed, but I had been procrastinating for almost a year now on replacing it, finally my village people Got me on 14 Feb.

Moral of the story

Keep vehicles as sound as possible. Replace all faulty parts as soon as you notice to avoid disappointments like this.

And if you can, keep a spare in the boot.

One thing I hate must in my life is my car disappointing me, I remember when my car gear knob broke during a trip, I acted so cool that rider didn’t notice what had happened, this happened in V.I, after I dropped off the rider, I could not pack the car coz the gear was broken, I was panicking buh was within coz this has never happened to be before, luckily for me it was during the day so I kept on matching my breaks, then used my screwdriver to lose the remaining parts of the gear knob, then held only the iron and packed, that was when I knew I have mind.

One the other news, I having an issue with my Honda Accord EOD 2004, when am accelerating my car jerks forward with force and stop, like something that bursted, then continue till it happens again when I slow down and accelerate again and it happens again, when I put off my engine and put it on again it stops and might not happen again. I need solution to this problem, I went to my mechanic he checked my car dashboard and saw the green main cruise was on, so he said it was the cause of it and used his machine to put it off, buh it’s still happening, I google and I saw somethings about Ignition coil being faulty, please General engineer Guzz what do you think?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Partnerbiz(f): 10:37pm On Feb 15, 2018
Romeo3:
tipper
Hi bro, daalu pls why did you go to Kaduna to buy a car when you stay in lag? Are they really cheaper or are there better stuff there than in Lagos?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by KceeK: 11:01pm On Feb 15, 2018
Lovefreak:

I am interested, just concluded thew uber training ... you can reach me on 08164250105 or 08082301823.. thanks
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by justifiedcoyy(m): 11:04pm On Feb 15, 2018
KceeK:
u want 40k for camry 2.2. u want an experienced driver.

this guy has just completed his uber training, means he isn't experienced yet.

40k / week for a car less than 2.2l might even be hard for him at first.

with what I've read here, I think you should just lower your demand.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Subudu(m): 12:29am On Feb 16, 2018
KceeK:
Make you just drive the car yourself and be remitting 374k to yourself every week jare.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by lekanlaniyan(m): 1:58am On Feb 16, 2018
Let me share what happened to me this evening. I picked a rider and dropped her off(after GPS don mislead me, she was busying pressing her phone). The total fee was #1,092.00 but she said her Uber app is showing her #550.00.

After so much talks and explainantion, she later paid me #1,000.

Lesson learnt. Dnt trust google map and always ask your rider where they are going too and if you dnt really knw the place, tell them to always direct you.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by KceeK: 5:56am On Feb 16, 2018
Iwant2know:

Who be this one self..
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by KceeK: 5:59am On Feb 16, 2018
ifyeez:
His looking for a slave, lipsrsealed lipsrsealed undecided undecided lipsrsealed embarassed . He probably heard about Uber/Taxify and thought he can fall out his dying 2.2 to be making him money. Greedy people everywhere.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by iyaegin: 6:52am On Feb 16, 2018
ifyeez:
The more I follow this thread the more I learn, before I can be so nice, now no more waiting more than 5min, I wait 5-10min then am out, buh I must make sure I get my complete fare b4 leaving. Will continue following these thread. kiss kiss kiss

There is nothing wrong with waiting it just has to be balanced like stanlee said..if you do a trip from lekki to ikeja and you have to wait for a return why not although it should not be for too long either..
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dreamchaser14(m): 7:51am On Feb 16, 2018
Q
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by lexylexy(m): 7:59am On Feb 16, 2018
KceeK:

chaii! 40k deposit kwa, on Camry 2.2. What a world

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by timifakay(m): 8:02am On Feb 16, 2018
slamstanlee:
5mins
10mins
14mins.

This got me thinking, what if you claim to wanna go eat while waiting, and ask rider when to come back or call you a few minutes before finishing up... so you just keep driving around the block till rider calls, that way you get fare for distance covered.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:14am On Feb 16, 2018
timifakay:

This got me thinking, what if you claim to wanna go eat while waiting, and ask rider when to come back or call you a few minutes before finishing up... so you just keep driving around the block till rider calls, that way you get fare for distance covered.

Timi you have reach here grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ridwanadedapo(m): 8:56am On Feb 16, 2018
So I picked this lady on this day from Lekki to somewhere in Ajah and during the trip she told me I will have to wait for her and take her to Airport Omo I happy, I told her I will charge her 1k per hour as waiting fee and she was like is that part of Uber terms I said na this is Naija Uber terms are designed for Yankee people and she laughed meanwhile during her conversation While on phone I heard when she said it will be hard to get Uber from her house then I tapped to that. when we got to Ajah I told her Pls be fast ma she said just 30mins, Fam 30mins turns 2 hours and still waiting. Me I Dey check my other phone to see if surge go dey. Like play like play this mad 2.0 surge just came from no where, I just cancelled this trip gbam and screenshot the trip fee and I called her to inform her Uber just ended the trip cos I spend more than 2 hours on this trip already and she came out, I politely explained that stuff and I told her to request me again so I won’t get request from other rider, madam just request and na 2.1 surge she didn’t even know not until we got to Airport, her total fare was around 17k. In whatever we do, no one will tell you everything instead you need to develop yourself more. I don’t joke when it comes to money and I will give you value for your money. Never settle for less. Love you all

13 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Daveonoja: 9:15am On Feb 16, 2018
KceeK:
u set driver up for failure lata you wld say some drivers are bad...continue there is God.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by being(m): 9:18am On Feb 16, 2018
But why doesnt taxify show the percentage amount increase per surge rather than using only color codes?!
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ridwanadedapo(m): 9:28am On Feb 16, 2018
That question should be directed to Uche

quote author=being post=65108635]But why doesnt taxify show the percentage amount increase per surge rather than using only color codes?![/quote]
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ewebiodun: 9:31am On Feb 16, 2018
ifyeez:
One thing I hate must in my life is my car disappointing me, I remember when my car gear knob broke during a trip, I acted so cool that rider didn’t notice what had happened, this happened in V.I, after I dropped off the rider, I could not pack the car coz the gear was broken, I was panicking buh was within coz this has never happened to be before, luckily for me it was during the day so I kept on matching my breaks, then used my screwdriver to lose the remaining parts of the gear knob, then held only the iron and packed, that was when I knew I have mind.

One the other news, I having an issue with my Honda Accord EOD 2004, when am accelerating my car jerks forward with force and stop, like something that bursted, then continue till it happens again when I slow down and accelerate again and it happens again, when I put off my engine and put it on again it stops and might not happen again. I need solution to this problem, I went to my mechanic he checked my car dashboard and saw the green main cruise was on, so he said it was the cause of it and used his machine to put it off, buh it’s still happening, I google and I saw somethings about Ignition coil being faulty, please General engineer Guzz what do you think?
That ur gear story funny die...couldn't stop laffing. The rider go just faint inside ur car if to say hin know wetin happen...still laffing like crazy
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 9:37am On Feb 16, 2018
[quote author=ridwanadedapo post=65108037][/quote] bad guy. One one has to be smart while working
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by slamstanlee(m): 9:40am On Feb 16, 2018
timifakay:

some riders are bunch of smart-asses. Again uber/taxify will send the trip history, then you movements would be seen. If they are not pleased, they report you or ask for a fare review...
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by timifakay(m): 9:57am On Feb 16, 2018
slamstanlee:
some riders are bunch of smart-asses. Again uber/taxify will send the trip history, then you movements would be seen. If they are not pleased, they report you or ask for a fare review...

You would have confessed to not seeing a good enough food outlet once you return to rider.
Nah risk sha.

GAZZUZZ:

Timi you have reach here grin

Nah you I follow sir. I no want make he be like say nah only you waka come.

(1) (2) (3) ... (499) (500) (501) (502) (503) (504) (505) ... (5690) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.