Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,332 members, 7,811,969 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:11 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (5048) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4733498 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5045) (5046) (5047) (5048) (5049) (5050) (5051) ... (5689) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by obinoral1179(m): 7:36pm On Nov 02, 2022
Indrive mean business..they have carried their gospel to FB

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 7:39pm On Nov 02, 2022
YeyeGbami:

We lazyD in sifia pain grin. Agba do giveaway for boiz

Make I collect Ajo first grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jaymejate: 8:00pm On Nov 02, 2022
desmondDessi:

Thanks Man. What would you advice.
The job I had was paying about 70k, Mondays to Fridays. 8am to 6pm. Is it worth it?

Generally, it's low. It's kind of good that you had the weekend for yourself. Most jobs in Lagos deprive one of the weekend.
Be sure of the solution to the car. Estimate cost of repair. If you have access to loan, get it and fix the car to the best. You will get your money back. You will surely get your money back.

If the bugdet is high even with loan—I don't want to suggest selling it off to get another because expenses can gulp the money from the sale and end up with not enough money to buy another one. So don't sell it. Repair

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jaymejate: 8:05pm On Nov 02, 2022
emmancecute:
gas leak from a pipe could look like smoke, calm down brother
Ha Uncle. You are quoting the wrong person o.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by desmondDessi(m): 8:12pm On Nov 02, 2022
jaymejate:

Generally, it's low. It's kind of good that you had the weekend for yourself. Most jobs in Lagos deprive one of the weekend.
Be sure of the solution to the car. Estimate cost of repair. If you have access to loan, get it and fix the car to the best. You will get your money back. You will surely get your money back.

If the bugdet is high even with loan—I don't want to suggest selling it off to get another because expenses can gulp the money from the sale and end up with not enough money to buy another one. So don't sell it. Repair
I don't know how I said Friday, its actually Saturday.

Omo I'm just tired, now that I think bolt will help me sort out things especially time for myself. Air condition dey bring him own
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by desmondDessi(m): 8:12pm On Nov 02, 2022
obinoral1179:
which area are you base?
I'm in Abuja
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by desmondDessi(m): 8:15pm On Nov 02, 2022
Josephase:
Compressor is not bad but the coil is burnt, I had same issue on Saturday. Relax your mind just take it to a good AC technician, they will bring out the compressor and fix it. You would have noticed the compressor bearings wobbling before.
Noticed when I was driving home yesterday after he finished fixing it. I thought it was what he put, he said the thing will make it stop working and start again. Like fridge, forgotten the name.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 8:32pm On Nov 02, 2022
desmondDessi:

I'm in Abuja

Where in Abuja are you based?
The deed is done already .. In the absence of AC, if your work starts 8am. You can still pull in 3k before 8am. if you start by 5am doing drops NOT Bolt or Uber. Then pull another 1.5-2k between 6-8.pm. You carry four people heading back your way in the evening.

That way you can still make 100k apart from your salary. Then you rest on Sunday.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 8:36pm On Nov 02, 2022
desmondDessi:

Noticed when I was driving home yesterday after he finished fixing it. I thought it was what he put, he said the thing will make it stop working and start again. Like fridge, forgotten the name.

Thermostat
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jaymejate: 8:42pm On Nov 02, 2022
desmondDessi:

I don't know how I said Friday, its actually Saturday.

Omo I'm just tired, now that I think bolt will help me sort out things especially time for myself. Air condition dey bring him own
Don't beat yourself bro. Repair it. You will make your money.
Thank goodness it's your car. That's a big flex.
What if you are delivering to someone?
I envy you small o.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 8:48pm On Nov 02, 2022
jaymejate:

Don't beat yourself bro. Repair it. You will make your money.
Thank goodness it's your car. That's a big flex.
What if you are delivering to someone?
I envy you small o.

The Abuja market for ehailing is constricted. It's not as robust as that of Lagos. Infact, there's no place within the Abuja metropolis that can fetch you ₦10,000 on a single trip.
Meanwhile in Lagos, Berger to Awoyaya, you are already closing to 10k.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jaymejate: 8:56pm On Nov 02, 2022
northbird:

The Abuja market for ehailing is constricted. It's not as robust as that of Lagos. Infact, there's no place within the Abuja metropolis that can fetch you ₦10,000 on a single trip.
Meanwhile in Lagos, Berger to Awoyaya, you are already closing to 10k.
I didn't know he is in Abuja.
What would you suggest?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by desmondDessi(m): 9:07pm On Nov 02, 2022
northbird:

The deed is done already .. In the absence of AC, if your work starts 8am. You can still pull in 3k before 8am. if you start by 5am doing drops NOT Bolt or Uber. Then pull another 1.5-2k between 6-8.pm. You carry four people heading back your way in the evening.

That way you can still make 100k apart from your salary. Then you rest on Sunday.
I live in Lugbe. So you think I should not quit the job
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by desmondDessi(m): 9:09pm On Nov 02, 2022
northbird:

Thermostat

Yesss he bought that too. So when I feel the sudden drop when the car is moving, I was thinking its the thermostat working
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 10:06pm On Nov 02, 2022
desmondDessi:
Guys I quit my job, my corolla AC was not working. Worked on the compressor through out yesterday, spent 32k. Today my first trip, AC stopped working. Smoke begins comot from car.

Called the technician, he say to come tomorrow.

And new compressor is about 50k. Sabi I for just finding add and do that one.

Right now, I'm broken. I don't want to regret quiting my job cry

I'll address some issues tonight before going to bed. Life journey nah ups and down, twists and turns. This decision you've made it already , unless you can go back to undo your wee. Firstly, I'll advice you to brace up, you are in for a ride and if it comes ease on you, we thank thy lord.

To everyone here thinking of saying goodbye to their jobs and focus on this hustle, please have some money as bail out before jumping ship. As good as a car may sound, it may still take money from you when you least expect.

And to my boss, please do not rush your decision, I pray you have a ease way, but I am more of a realist. Challenges will come, it is how you stand against them that makes you a man. Calm down, tell the AC person to check thro things that will solve the whole AC issue, and try to sought it out once. Going back and forth on AC issue can drain the soul and replace vital parts in the body with HBP.

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 10:18pm On Nov 02, 2022
desmondDessi:

Thermostat?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 10:29pm On Nov 02, 2022
@Jaymejeta just me in my normal look and laff mood. If you ask me tho, you are a soul and have right to your space, but I feel focus is better. You see that scam that calls everyone boss grin if you observe he barely have time to post again, I hope he is doing fine wherever he his now. He is a pure example of focus that careless about the noise or error at the market square.

I pipe low because of observation and when we air out, it feels like one don't want other people to survive. Nope! The sky is big enough for all bird to fly, but first you must learn the process of spreading your wings. I was reading SamuelTaiwo post the other day and I just laff. Like he put a car at D and slept off? grin going by all the post here, he no suppose be him, but reality struck. Time, process and focus can never be replaced. Unless in exceptional cases.

Best always boss

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 10:38pm On Nov 02, 2022
And lastly I wish we will understand there's nothing new in this hustle again once you have a good car and master routes. The only prison left is your strength and time. Right now, gone are those days driver sleep for hours waiting for trips or keep positioning endlessly. Once you can do 5am to 11pm and don't drive yourself into unnecessary traffics. You will be fine when the day is said and done.

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 10:51pm On Nov 02, 2022
desmondDessi:
Guys I quit my job, my corolla AC was not working. Worked on the compressor through out yesterday, spent 32k. Today my first trip, AC stopped working. Smoke begins comot from car.

Called the technician, he say to come tomorrow.

And new compressor is about 50k. Sabi I for just finding add and do that one.

Right now, I'm broken. I don't want to regret quiting my job cry
You should have followed this advice. Well the deed is done, as someone suggested, get a loan. I will suggest you fix only if you are not able to raise enough to buy another compressor, but still work towards buying another sooner or later. I wish you all the best

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by SamuelTaiw0(m): 11:17pm On Nov 02, 2022
pope191:
@Jaymejeta just me in my normal look and laff mood. If you ask me tho, you are a soul and have right to your space, but I feel focus is better. You see that scam that calls everyone boss grin if you observe he barely have time to post again, I hope he is doing fine wherever he his now. He is a pure example of focus that careless about the noise or error at the market square.

I pipe low because of observation and when we air out, it feels like one don't want other people to survive. Nope! The sky is big enough for all bird to fly, but first you must learn the process of spreading your wings. I was reading SamuelTaiwo post the other day and I just laff. Like he put a car at D and slept off? grin going by all the post here, he no suppose be him, but reality struck. Time, process and focus can never be replaced. Unless in exceptional cases.

Best always boss

grin grin

Been laughing since I saw your comment. Even me didn't believe it the next morning when I saw I didn't put gear on P before stopping the engine. My tired was tired. And all through the night even in my dreams I was wondering what could have happened.

My advise to desmonddessi, relax you'll sort it out. It's your car. Last last you'd register on Indriver and raise money to buy compressor.

When I took that car to mechanic to have the brakes fixed and on leaving there, AC was also not working and then car refused to start and I could not take the car from there my head nearly caught fire. I could not sleep overnight. I got there the next day and was raking for everybody. Last last the problem was fixed and we all became friends. Just chill. It will be alright.

Reason with the technicians, and explain your situation to them. They will help you out.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Glithronix: 12:00am On Nov 03, 2022
northbird:
If you are about to be blocked or blocked on Bolt and you are new on Indriver, and you are kind of overwhelmed by the price and all.

My advice is.

1. Calm down, have your own modus operandi and stick to it.
You must have areas where you are going to and areas you are not interested in. You don't need to bid for all rides.

Personally I don't go beyond V. I., worst case, phase 1 all that Chevron, vgc side Ajah and Co, is just laden with unnecessary traffic.

On the mainland, I can be shuttling within Maryland, Ogba, ikeja, Yaba and Unilag axis. and I still get to match up with someone who suffered to go to Ajah.
On Saturday, I didn't go beyond Yaba, bounced and skipped Island trips like kilode, and what I made on Indriver was quite substantial,... I mean very substantial, Funny thing is when I was going home, I wasn't tired, because I made sure I avoided trips that will keep me in traffic.

2. Positioning, this is one of the trade secrets, there are areas where trips are a sure banker.

3. Mental maths. Km vs time. You need to be able to cross match these two variables. In just 3 trips of around 5km each, you can hit more than someone that runs a long trip to the island under the same time.

Number 2 on point.
Positioning is very important.
As a driver, you should have positioning points all of the state.
On mainland, every angle, I have positioning points.
Na island I like pass, when it comes to positioning. I have positioning points at VI/Ikoyi/lekki phase 1 and 2/Ajah, etc. I get special positioning spots more on VI and lekki phase 1 and it's always peaceful.
Anywhere on the mainland, I get positioning angles and parking places like mad.
All drivers should have/get their positioning angles marked.
Much respect, boss.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 4:37am On Nov 03, 2022
desmondDessi:

I live in Lugbe. So you think I should not quit the job

What kind of corrolla are you using? the bank type or the classic 03-06 model.

My advice :
Move forward.. Don't look back . This is just a teething phase, you will get over it. When a door closes, another door has opened.
AC will just give you better clients not that you won't still make money on the streets , I'm not talking of Uber and Bolt....

Anybody who wants to make money through transport in Abuja and depends solely on Uber and Bolt will never grow....

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 4:42am On Nov 03, 2022
jaymejate:

I didn't know he is in Abuja.
What would you suggest?

He starts, even without AC..
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 5:41am On Nov 03, 2022
northbird:

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 5:46am On Nov 03, 2022
jaymejate:

I sincerely hope and pray it doesn't lead to regrets.

I don't want to sound judgmental, but I must say monthly salary regardless the amount is a security. You should have waited till you are sure you can bear loss without feeling it too much.
cheesy When we talk they don’t listen. Pearl1910 na you don make this guy quit his job. Better send him money for compressor.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Barbiturate(m): 6:14am On Nov 03, 2022
Una push person...sotey him go quit job. Now motor dey get issue, una still dey tell am say him go make 100k if him do drop! God Abeg o!

"As good as a car may sound, it may still take money from you when you least expect" Pope 2022

Tokunbo car wey never complete 2 years, I don spend pieces on repairs!

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 6:18am On Nov 03, 2022
Barbiturate:
Una push person...sotey him go quit job. Now motor dey get issue, una still dey tell am say him go make 100k if him do drop! God Abeg o!

"As good as a car may sound, it may still take money from you when you least expect" Pope 2022

Tokunbo car wey never complete 2 years, I don spend pieces on repairs!
Pearl1910 go come post his 600k monthly dashboard. cheesy

Nobody shares the losses/expenses behind those dashboard. How I fell for this scam still dey surprise me. cheesy
I saw 1m dashboard I couldn’t sleep till I jump enter e hailing. Thank God say I no quit my job.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 7:07am On Nov 03, 2022
Viking07:
cheesy When we talk they don’t listen. Pearl1910 na you don make this guy quit his job. Better send him money for compressor.

Baba...No pain no gain.
Except you wan do yahoo yahoo

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Eyinola1: 7:10am On Nov 03, 2022
pope191:
And lastly I wish we will understand there's nothing new in this hustle again once you have a good car and master routes. The only prison left is your strength and time. Right now, gone are those days driver sleep for hours waiting for trips or keep positioning endlessly. Once you can do 5am to 11pm and don't drive yourself into unnecessary traffics. You will be fine when the day is said and done.
5am to 11pm? U be robot grin

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 7:13am On Nov 03, 2022
Viking07:
Pearl1910 go come post his 600k monthly dashboard. cheesy

Nobody shares the losses/expenses behind those dashboard. How I fell for this scam still dey surprise me. cheesy
I saw 1m dashboard I couldn’t sleep till I jump enter e hailing. Thank God say I no quit my job.

U scammed yourself for thinking u will not spend some money to keep your car in shape for the Hussle.
Ur story line don change from "u can't make 600k/month" to "there are expenses and loses" abi.
Thank God u didn't quite ur job, just continue your job and be available to give advise to newbies. It's still good we hear your experience too so they can make an informed decision.

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Eyinola1: 7:13am On Nov 03, 2022
morax101:

Download inDriver man, I’ve given up on them unless there’s 1.6x-1.9x surge and I only do destination trip until I can boost the driver score back up.
lol, bolt is not useless to me shaaa ,as hard as their bonuses are I still dey find days to chop am, this work na wisdom and smartness, my total bonus for October is 73K

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 7:33am On Nov 03, 2022
Pearl1910:

U scammed yourself for thinking u will not spend some money to keep your car in shape for the Hussle.
Ur story line don change from "u can't make 600k/month" to "there are expenses and loses" abi.
Thank God u didn't quite ur job, just continue your job and be available to give advise to newbies. It's still good we hear your experience too so they can make an informed decision.
Lol boss my storyline never change o. cheesy 600k monthly is what bolt themselves use to deceive the gullible.

Sooner or later reality will show up like this dude wey just quit his job.

I’ll keep preaching that this hustle is at best a side gig. Don’t go and piss on your boss’s head like BAZOO will say and jump into e-hailing full time.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5045) (5046) (5047) (5048) (5049) (5050) (5051) ... (5689) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: Djdamian(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.