Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:05 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (5193) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4759779 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5190) (5191) (5192) (5193) (5194) (5195) (5196) ... (5694) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Duplik8t77(m): 5:49pm On Apr 23, 2023
pope191:

This is not a case, do you guys have agreement? What are the clauses in the agreement? How long notice did he gave you before the new payment?
he had been notifying me since about 3 months ago. The initial agreement was for me to pay 30k. Then he called for increment and redrafted another agreement
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Duplik8t77(m): 5:53pm On Apr 23, 2023
northbird:

Is it in the agreement? As long as the car is sharp and sound,Don't drop it, if you don't have another one waiting for you. 5k is marginal. If you are hardworking..
The best way to raise money for your own car and get experience is through rental.
yeah the car is sharp. Getting the money and still making money for myself is not the issue tho , I just felt kinda ripped off. So I felt I needed more opinion from people. So I wont be only driver doing rental for as high as 35k .lol
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Duplik8t77(m): 5:55pm On Apr 23, 2023
northbird:

Is it in the agreement? As long as the car is sharp and sound,Don't drop it, if you don't have another one waiting for you. 5k is marginal. If you are hardworking..
The best way to raise money for your own car and get experience is through rental.
. Yes sir. I work hard enough sir. cheesy
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 6:06pm On Apr 23, 2023
Duplik8t77:
he had been notifying me since about 3 months ago. The initial agreement was for me to pay 30k. Then he called for increment and redrafted another agreement

Boss 3 month is long enough of a time. My problem here is if it is rental. As Northbird says it is marginal, but in-between it is not easy. As owner I can tell for real.

My advice to you is to try and be saving money, if you have enough experience before December, that is a ground for drivers to have much. Boss with a savings of 500k, you are half way to getting something of your own.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by moneymind: 6:41pm On Apr 23, 2023
Hello guys, God bless you for all your contributions. I am currently considering buying a car for bolt. I'm based in Benin. Someone mentioned a list of recommended cars, I can't seem to find it. Though people have told me Corolla, Camry or Hyundai Elantra. My budget is between 1.5 to 1.8. Corolla seems to be out of it. I have seem some Camry big daddy within my range but to be honest I can't buy any of them with my hard earned money. I'm basically left with the Hyundai Elantra 2008. I have seen some very neat ones on Jiji. I plan on traveling to Lagos on Tuesday after the holidays to meet some of the sellers.

My questions are: Is the Elantra really a problem free car? Any particular thing I need to know? Do I have any better option for my budget? Pls also share any advice you have for someone traveling to Lagos to get a used car. Thank you for your anticipated support.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Duplik8t77(m): 7:02pm On Apr 23, 2023
pope191:

Boss 3 month is long enough of a time. My problem here is if it is rantel. As Northbird says it is marginal, but in-between it is not easy. As owner I can tell for real.

My advice to you is to try and be saving money, if you have enough experience before December, that is a ground for drivers to have much. Boss with a savings of 500k, you are half way to getting something of your own.
yes it is rental. Thanks alot boss
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mejai(m): 7:37pm On Apr 23, 2023
Gentlelife50, where are you?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by lanrexdo(m): 8:04pm On Apr 23, 2023
For peace of mine and easy workability.
God for a big daddy with very sharp engine and gear.

moneymind:
Hello guys, God bless you for all your contributions. I am currently considering buying a car for bolt. I'm based in Benin. Someone mentioned a list of recommended cars, I can't seem to find it. Though people have told me Corolla, Camry or Hyundai Elantra. My budget is between 1.5 to 1.8. Corolla seems to be out of it. I have seem some Camry big daddy within my range but to be honest I can't buy any of them with my hard earned money. I'm basically left with the Hyundai Elantra 2008. I have seen some very neat ones on Jiji. I plan on traveling to Lagos on Tuesday after the holidays to meet some of the sellers.

My questions are: Is the Elantra really a problem free car? Any particular thing I need to know? Do I have any better option for my budget? Pls also share any advice you have for someone traveling to Lagos to get a used car. Thank you for your anticipated support.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 8:08pm On Apr 23, 2023
Duplik8t77:
bro my partner just increased my remittance fee from 30k to 35k. I guess it is cos I remit frequently without stories. I am torn between returning the car and continuing with the car. Started using the car November last year. Talmabout alot of drivers are even offering to pay him 40k weekly.

If u have another option after dropping the car, then go ahead. But the devil u know is better than the angel u don't know.
After driving for 6months, u should know there's no difference between 30k & 35k if the car is sound, and if u did fair better dropping the car.
My guess is u know what to do already.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 8:10pm On Apr 23, 2023
Duplik8t77:
yeah the car is sharp. Getting the money and still making money for myself is not the issue tho , I just felt kinda ripped off. So I felt I needed more opinion from people. So I wont be only driver doing rental for as high as 35k .lol

People are doing rentals for 40k as we speak and this is after dropping a substantial amount for down payment. Drivers still they rush d offer. So u dont have to feel cheated, rather consider the owner of the car too who is pushing to get his ROI.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 8:15pm On Apr 23, 2023
moneymind:

No car is problem free.
Better option would be Honda Civic 2006-2008 model.
Hyundai Elantra is still a durable car with good fuel economy, available and affordable parts.
But a Honda Civic will outlast a Hyundai Elantra.

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tojahh(m): 9:01pm On Apr 23, 2023
moneymind:
Hello guys, God bless you for all your contributions. I am currently considering buying a car for bolt. I'm based in Benin. Someone mentioned a list of recommended cars, I can't seem to find it. Though people have told me Corolla, Camry or Hyundai Elantra.

DO NOT BUY HYUNDAI ELANTRA.

Don't buy a Big Daddy of less than 1.8-2.2m else you will be buying a washed up biggie. Just don't rush when you come to Lagos, especially if you're going to inspect any of the cars you saw on Jiji at Ikorodu, Ikeja.

You can consult us at Tojah and Company for guide. We sell used and Tokumbo cars. Our track records is there. We have some Uber rated cars that meets your budget.

Go and verify

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by moneymind: 9:40pm On Apr 23, 2023
tojahh:

DO NOT BUY HYUNDAI ELANTRA.

Don't buy a Big Daddy of less than 1.8-2.2m else you will be buying a washed up biggie. Just don't rush when you come to Lagos, especially if you're going to inspect any of the cars you saw on Jiji at Ikorodu, Ikeja.

You can consult us at Tojah and Company for guide. We sell used and Tokumbo cars. Our track records is there. We have some Uber rated cars that meets your budget.

Go and verify

Do you have a number I can reach you by?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by obinoral1179(m): 9:47pm On Apr 23, 2023
moneymind:

Go with a trusted Kazeem and make sure you test the car on Good road ..
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Greatn3ss: 9:53pm On Apr 23, 2023
Pearl1910:

To answer your question alone without considering other information on ur post I would say Yes, u can buy a good car within between 1.5m to 2.5m and use for ehailing. Transportation business will forever be relevant and profitable, so it's a wise investment.
Good evening sir
I sent you a mail
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tojahh(m): 10:43pm On Apr 23, 2023
moneymind:

Do you have a number I can reach you by?

Calls WhatsApp SMS
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Itsrm(m): 11:02pm On Apr 23, 2023
moneymind:

The first thing you need is a sound mechanic.

Look for a used 2003-2005 Nissan Almera Tino to buy and don't pay more than 600-700k for it no matter what the seller says. Use another 700k to overhaul the car, change the engine, gear, suspension, tires, battery, etc. Reverse all wiring back to the way it came from the factory.

It should serve you for 6-12 months before you start having issues with it. Good luck.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by owolabi5: 4:27am On Apr 24, 2023
CAR PARTICULARS

DEALER PLATE NUMBERS

CHANGE OF OWNERSHIP

CUSTOM NUMBER PLATES

DRIVER'S LICENCE

CALL/WHATSAPP: 08033539981 or 08182880902
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Jibwillz: 4:30am On Apr 24, 2023
Itsrm:

Look for a used 2003-2005 Nissan Almera Tino to buy and don't pay more than 600-700k for it no matter what the seller says. Use another 700k to overhaul the car, change the engine, gear, suspension, tires, battery, etc. Reverse all wiring back to the way it came from the factory.

It should serve you for 6-12 months before you start having issues with it. Good luck.
Wetin be dis๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 4:48am On Apr 24, 2023
Duplik8t77:
. Yes sir. I work hard enough sir. cheesy

Boss man, keep the flame burning.. you are almost there.. please overlook the 5k extra ,count yourself lucky, a sharp and sound car is always an asset. Trust me ,you got a fair principal too. 3 months is quite generous.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by vivalavida(m): 5:21am On Apr 24, 2023
Itsrm:

Very very bad advise.
Delete this thing oga
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Itsrm(m): 5:34am On Apr 24, 2023
vivalavida:

Very very bad advise.
Delete this thing oga

Why is it a bad advice?

I have given mine, you can give yours too

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Itsrm(m): 5:58am On Apr 24, 2023
Jibwillz:
Wetin be dis๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

What is wrong with it?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Duplik8t77(m): 6:02am On Apr 24, 2023
Pearl1910:

People are doing rentals for 40k as we speak and this is after dropping a substantial amount for down payment. Drivers still they rush d offer. So u dont have to feel cheated, rather consider the owner of the car too who is pushing to get his ROI.
thanks boss. God bless you sir
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Duplik8t77(m): 6:03am On Apr 24, 2023
northbird:

Boss man, keep the flame burning.. you are almost there.. please overlook the 5k extra ,count yourself lucky, a sharp and sound car is always an asset. Trust me ,you got a fair principal too. 3 months is quite generous.
yeah. Thank you boss man

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Duplik8t77(m): 6:04am On Apr 24, 2023
Pearl1910:

If u have another option after dropping the car, then go ahead. But the devil u know is better than the angel u don't know.
After driving for 6months, u should know there's no difference between 30k & 35k if the car is sound, and if u did fair better dropping the car.
My guess is u know what to do already.
I will keep the car and go ahead with the hustle. Thanks boss

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tojahh(m): 6:38am On Apr 24, 2023
Itsrm:

Are you using Nissan Almeria Tino? Abeg where you for see am buy for 700k? Boss Boss

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 6:54am On Apr 24, 2023
Duplik8t77:
I will keep the car and go ahead with the hustle. Thanks boss

Don't just keep the car, if you are not married Or pay rent? Give it all to get your own. Join sure ajo, have your own personal savings. Just overlook some gratification for now and enjoy later.

He may still come tomorrow and take his car.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Itsrm(m): 6:55am On Apr 24, 2023
tojahh:

Are you using Nissan Almeria Tino? Abeg where you for see am buy for 700k? Boss Boss

I saw some on jiji going for 800,900k. I believe the seller will be happy to collect 700k.

No, I'm not using it but I know someone who does and the vehicle is terribly reliable and fuel efficient. Two ingredients needed for a successful bolt business.

If I may add, that Almera is rated as having fuel consumption of 37mpg. Lets say you get 30 due to our fuel and road conditions, it's still better than anything the corolla has to offer.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ReadaDream(m): 9:27am On Apr 24, 2023
Adeniyi Jones to Ilorin Town, 50k for dropoff, is it a good deal?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 9:38am On Apr 24, 2023
Jibwillz:
Wetin be dis๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Expert Advice.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by FIZZBEE: 9:58am On Apr 24, 2023
DARLINGTON869:
Hello Uber drivers. Hope Nigeria is treating you well. I need your expert opinion on a serious decision I am about to make. I am looking at buying a Tokumbo 04 Camry or Corolla for e hailing business (Though I prefer Camry cos Corolla and theft issues scare me a lot). I last did the job back in 2020 (with a vehicle under hire purchase) so I have an experience driving round Lagos as well as using Google maps. I know a lot have changed since 2020 given the rice in petrol prices and car maintenance. I have had hire purchase offers but I just don't want to go back to my vomit again. I really would like to own my vehicle and drive to earn a substantial amount. Because of this, I was able to save some money to the region of #3โ€ข5 million from my petty contract works over the years. My question is do you think it's a wise investment to buy a vehicle for e hailing now bearing in mind the increasing fuel prices? Please I really need your honest inputs or suggestions. Thank you all.
Bro save more and japa to a better country to do your e-hailing biz

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5190) (5191) (5192) (5193) (5194) (5195) (5196) ... (5694) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / โžœ โžœ โžœCurrency/E-currency Market Dealsโžœ โžœ โžœ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.