Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,904 members, 7,817,681 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:05 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (5280) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4750152 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5277) (5278) (5279) (5280) (5281) (5282) (5283) ... (5691) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 8:40pm On Jun 06, 2023
XGhost:
I've said it countless times here, I'll still say it now, Do what works for you. Our realities, orientations and aspirations/expectations are different. So what I may abide someone else may forbid. Also because we have different realities truth becomes relative to perspective.

Nobody can say he's not spending more to buy fuel but even though it's still early days, I can also state that one is fairly guaranteed to make more than before.
Bottom line for me is that whatever happens,
My aspiration is to take home double what I spent on fuel or worst case scenario take home 20k after deducting fuel money. That's 20k nobody is dashing me. What that means is, if I can maintain that pace, I'll be earning give or take 500k a month. Not bad.

January last year, my bolt inspection expired, I no send. I used Uber exclusively till December. Pearl on the other hand can die on that bolt Hill. December last year, I say make I enter that period with backup in case of incasity, I got bolt back, I hardly used it, now I don't even have the app on my phone.
Cheerful told me about Rida and InDrive, I registered Rida no InDrive but that's his beautiful bride and it's working for him.
I think uber is great, pearl thinks his own, cheerful too but I won't knock any of them because my reality with those apps are different.

Do what works for you, that's the moral of my story

Like your view and to achieve that on Uber, I think you have to gross at least 40k daily. Now here is the problem, because it is not that easy every other day. Before, once I do 18k before 4pm. I'll just be on the island with free mind waiting for Sade them to close. Pick 3500/4000 to yaba and probably 5k to Berger. That's roughly 26k. 4k for fuel, 2600 for commission. I am fine for the day. Now, one can use 15k to get 35k. If it takes 2pm to get 15k, Lord help man, commission and profit is still at threat.

On the flip side, we keep focus on fuel only and not other things that my go up due to this fuel hike. Instance, if we buy tyre for 7k and it shoot to 10k, oil price, foodstuffs. My point is with time, what is obtainable will that 20k won't be the same again. One will hold 5k and can't even account for the smallest gap it fill. The best thing that can happen right now is increase minimum wage and transportation price as well. At the end subsidy was removed so few people won't be feeding fat at the expense of the masses. It should be more like redistribution of wealth.

11 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 8:44pm On Jun 06, 2023
CheerfulGiver:
The most shocking revelation of 2023 is that people still drive on bolt. I can't understand that decision.

cheesy Bolt on 1.8 to 2.0 surge is bae... gives you delusion of having large cash, until it's time to pay commission grin

9 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 8:44pm On Jun 06, 2023
Pearl1910:

Nop my last trip ended at past 12midnight so the fare was counted for Tuesday since it has crossed midnight Monday already.

Copy that

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by radautoworks: 8:48pm On Jun 06, 2023
DonJoeSneh:

That English no be for us, make she speak naija own biko.
grin grin grin e ma binu sah, abeg no vex, walahi oga grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 9:00pm On Jun 06, 2023
DonJoeSneh:

200% means Ikeja to Phase1 which was normally around 5k will now be 15k without surge, maybe my maths is rusty.

During surge, wetin be 15k. Pearl or pope can't remember, but one of them put up an image of a trip of more than 50k. Let's not even talk about when uber started operation newly.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by CheerfulGiver: 9:13pm On Jun 06, 2023
Riders have really dropped 300%, according to the oluwole statistician... I dey feel am.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by XGhost: 9:14pm On Jun 06, 2023
pope191:

cheesy Bolt on 1.8 to 2.0 surge is bae... gives you delusion of having large cash, until it's time to pay commission grin

The key to easing the commission hassle is make sure you clear all bonuses available. Try it, and thank me later

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by CheerfulGiver: 9:15pm On Jun 06, 2023
The best thing about Indriver is the DPs you get to see... No lie
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by CheerfulGiver: 9:17pm On Jun 06, 2023
XGhost:

The key to easing the commission hassle is make sure you clear all bonuses available. Try it, and thank me later
Bonus to me always feels like a way to control... Like a rug that can be pulled off under your feet.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by CheerfulGiver: 9:19pm On Jun 06, 2023
pope191:

I no fit ever fall for that scam again. Indrive. I know what I'm getting into with smiles. I don't even want to be surprised by the fare at the end of trip or be wondering whether trip dey count or not. Too old for that shit_

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by CheerfulGiver: 9:21pm On Jun 06, 2023
Who's the next lucky rider? Wait time on this app is amazing

1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by XGhost: 9:29pm On Jun 06, 2023
pope191:

Like your view and to achieve that on Uber, I think you have to gross at least 40k daily. Now here is the problem, because it is not that easy every other day. Before, once I do 18k before 4pm. I'll just be on the island with free mind waiting for Sade them to close. Pick 3500/4000 to yaba and probably 5k to Berger. That's roughly 26k. 4k for fuel, 2600 for commission. I am fine for the day. Now, one can use 15k to get 35k. If it takes 2pm to get 15k, Lord help man, commission and profit is still at threat.

On the flip side, we keep focus on fuel only and not other things that my go up due to this fuel hike. Instance, if we buy tyre for 7k and it shoot to 10k, oil price, foodstuffs. My point is with time, what is obtainable will that 20k won't be the same again. One will hold 5k and can't even account for the smallest gap it fill. The best thing that can happen right now is increase minimum wage and transportation price as well. At the end subsidy was removed so few people won't be feeding fat at the expense of the masses. It should be more like redistribution of wealth.

I like to start early, 5.30 I'm out heading to agungi trip or no trip. This allows me beat Jakande traffic. Work begins like 6, I prioritize turnover so I don't leave the island, back and forth. So on an ok day 10k by 10am, 15k by 12, 20k by 2. This was pre bulaba. As of today I was on 25k by 12. 30 by 2 then there was a lull, between 2 and 4, I ate had a power nap while waiting for a trip back to the island. Also, I was mindful not to make the mistake i made yesterday by doing an unnecessarily long trip so I don't run out of driving time when I really need it during evening rush. Now it's how to get home with 25 minutes driving time I have left. I can close late cos madam is not home, when she comes back na 6pm be my closing time, unless maybe she consider say na new regime we don de.
As per the second paragraph, true talk. That's why it is important that I keep that net income as high as possible. Make income sha de run ahead of expenditure.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by XGhost: 9:33pm On Jun 06, 2023
CheerfulGiver:
Bonus to me always feels like a way to control... Like a rug that can be pulled off under your feet.

Naaaa, it works for me wella, if only for helping me reach my target without actually using fuel. It's free money
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by CheerfulGiver: 10:02pm On Jun 06, 2023
Clockwork.

Make I add jara

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by CheerfulGiver: 10:19pm On Jun 06, 2023
Time is money. A 14 min trip less than 2 km 2800.
But they'll prefer 15km for 3000.

You don't know nothing

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GrandMasters: 10:19pm On Jun 06, 2023
CheerfulGiver:
Clockwork.

Make I add jara
I feel.like.placing a curse on you

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ReadaDream(m): 10:22pm On Jun 06, 2023
CheerfulGiver:
Who's the next lucky rider? Wait time on this app is amazing
na plenty people they go that Laguna beach. See as they use different accounts order. I hate too many passengers on 1 ride.

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by CheerfulGiver: 10:25pm On Jun 06, 2023
GrandMasters:
I feel.like.placing a curse on you
E no go catch, no bother. Or go ahead to confirm you're a failure

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by CheerfulGiver: 10:26pm On Jun 06, 2023
ReadaDream:
na plenty people they go that Laguna beach. See as they use different accounts order. I hate too many passengers on 1 ride.
I Sabi avoid nonsense
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ReadaDream(m): 10:27pm On Jun 06, 2023
CheerfulGiver:
Time is money. A 14 min trip less than 2 km 2800.
But they'll prefer 15km for 3000.

You don't know nothing
Roxbury to Westend is not less than 5km...but go on. grin

Except you use one-way from Oando Ikota to The place restaurant and join service lane...going the right way is above 2km.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ReadaDream(m): 10:29pm On Jun 06, 2023
CheerfulGiver:
I Sabi avoid nonsense
Recently I like to ask, how many are you?.. Especially now that Right Rear shock needs replacement l.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by CheerfulGiver: 10:38pm On Jun 06, 2023
ReadaDream:
Roxbury to Westend is not less than 5km...but go on. grin

Except you use one-way from Oando Ikota to The place restaurant and join service lane...going the right way is above 2km.
felt like 2 grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by CheerfulGiver: 10:39pm On Jun 06, 2023
ReadaDream:
Recently I like to ask, how many are you?.. Especially now that Right Rear shock needs replacement l.
I don't ask nothing, but if you surprise me, I surprisingly cancel when una come out
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by CheerfulGiver: 10:40pm On Jun 06, 2023
I've not crossed V I today. Awon anywhere belle face
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by XGhost: 10:45pm On Jun 06, 2023
So this girl had something in her bag, police don see am. Na d matter Dem de settle since O. I no put mouth, but I won't leave her with them sha.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Larry1960: 10:48pm On Jun 06, 2023
CheerfulGiver:
I've not crossed V I today. Awon anywhere belle face

What's your target for today ?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by CheerfulGiver: 10:48pm On Jun 06, 2023
Sigh. Too easy

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by CheerfulGiver: 10:49pm On Jun 06, 2023
XGhost:
So this girl had something in her bag, police don see am. Na d matter Dem de settle since O. I no put mouth, but I won't leave her with them sha.
happened to me before twice. Both occasions I collected my money and left.

I've seen what they did to a driver that tried to save "suspects"

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by CheerfulGiver: 10:51pm On Jun 06, 2023
Larry1960:

What's your target for today ?
anything after 45 na jara
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Impulse80(m): 10:52pm On Jun 06, 2023
lrman:

Dey whyne yourself...keep quoting and hyping yourself with alt monikers.. grin grin

Not everyone is dumb na....last post was December..and all of a sudden your moniker became active today and the first person you replied and hyped was the same moniker ..the same moniker you hyped and quoted on your last post by December last year before you logged out of the account to login to another one... grin

You obviously have a hidden agenda..and I pity those that will fall for your sweet mouth and get trapped......trust me , my instincts have never failed me...you are up to something...and i repeat i pity those that will fall into the trap...smh

LMAO! Dude look at my moniker now. 😂 I've been on nairaland a long time, I don't even drive on Uber, neither am I based in Lagos. I don't like posting anything on here cos I hate writing.

No need to form CIA on top my matter, if you wan see me come Onitsha I'll buy you bottles.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Larry1960: 10:52pm On Jun 06, 2023
CheerfulGiver:
anything after 45 na jara

You be wizard ooooo
You just dey pepper them
On a colos level shocked
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by CheerfulGiver: 10:59pm On Jun 06, 2023
Larry1960:

You be wizard ooooo
You just dey pepper them
On a colos level shocked
I'm not a wizard. It's these fools that make me look like a wizard because they can do what I'm doing, but they prefer to say it's impossible and argue all day long. I can assure you that someone on here might have made more than me as usual

(1) (2) (3) ... (5277) (5278) (5279) (5280) (5281) (5282) (5283) ... (5691) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: Cineinfo(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.