Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,631 members, 7,820,223 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:44 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (742) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4766642 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (739) (740) (741) (742) (743) (744) (745) ... (5695) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nitigriti(m): 8:14pm On May 27, 2018
Accolades every week

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by SOJOSEPH(m): 8:39pm On May 27, 2018
Please house. Is Camry 09 for ehailing
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jayooh: 8:51pm On May 27, 2018
blackylola:
I don't think is possible for a rider to end trip, he just used that to buttress his point
what kinda buttress? If he said the driver started the trip, in trying to bring out a point here.
Probable the driver only clicked the arrival button, but he thought he started trip. That's how falsehood begins to hold sway

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jayooh: 8:53pm On May 27, 2018
slamstanlee:
abi o... There is no way a rider can cancel a trip running. Probably the driver canceled in this case...

Maybe there is, we learn everyday.
Let the rider teach us.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ifyeez: 9:06pm On May 27, 2018
Please who has paid Taxify thru transfer and how long did it take b4 they clear ur dept, mine is getting out of hand,
and I don't want to visit there office, been praying for card trips bub it seem not to be coming anytime soon
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 9:12pm On May 27, 2018
brogxy:

It always happen on taxify. They won't use the phone's GPS to fix their pickup location, yet they will shout when you don't know your way.
Don't mind the yeye riders, one woman just said to me on phone yesterday. "Are you Taxify?" I said yes ooo I am Mr Taxify, lolzz. She said now said come to my house, really? I was like wetin dey worry these people sef. I no your house?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 9:14pm On May 27, 2018
jayooh:

How do you cancel a trip that has been started

Boss, the driver and Taxify would be able to answer your questions.

What I know is, the driver start the trip without showing up at pick up point and the trip was canceled without any payment either to my card or added to the next trip I completed after the dubious driver start trip without showing up.

Do find attached screenshot. The driver would be able to explain how he get paid.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by SOJOSEPH(m): 9:45pm On May 27, 2018
Please house is Camry 09 good for uber/taxify. Please help
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chillex8(m): 9:55pm On May 27, 2018
TheCar:

I don’t drive on any of the platform but I am a rider on both platforms.

So from a Rider perspective, please note the following:

1. Never try to impress a rider. You become too nervous which isn’t too good. Just be yourself. Be natural and be real. It is like you seeing a babe you like and want a relationship if you try to impress her, you become nervous and would eventually scare her away instead of attracting her to yourself. Be Yourself.

2. Be Courteous - As a service provider, be friendly and courteous. It is like you visiting a bank, the Security Man would greet you welcome, open the door for or guide you on how to open the door, you enter the bank and the teller welcomes you with a smile. You feel at home and welcome. Try and do that for your rider. A simple Good Morning/Afternoon or Evening and how was your day today. If you observed he or she is carrying something open your trunk and offer to help in any little way you can.

3. Be Open - If you’re not familiar with my destination do not make me believe you’re. Missing a turn or a roundabout automatically turns to a delay. If your rider is rushing for a meeting and you missed a turn, he or she wouldn’t be happy. Asking for help with direction or the best route to the destination from the rider doesn’t make you weak instead it opens a line of communication between you and your rider. Let him/her lead the conversation, if he/she is interested.

4. Do be Dubious - Some drivers think they are smart by being dubious. A driver start my trip yesterday before getting to me. I saw the car enter the building I was and he was going to make a u-turn then he start the trip and 5 minutes after the guy still didn’t show or call me, since it’s a cash trip, I cancelled, left him 1 star and a terrible review. I then requested another driver who end up collecting 5 star with awesome review.

5. Network & Connect with your colleagues, collect their mobile number, ask them personal questions relating to the business. Don’t be stingy with them. You can buy them a bottle of their favorite drink and see how open they will be with you about the business. If you check the thread you have answers to what they drink. A bottle or two is enough.

6. Don’t take it personal - As some experienced drivers stated on this thread, you would meet some terrible rider who would still rate you low no matter how well you do or treat them. Just learn the lesson and move on.

7. Your Driving - Not all riders love speed and nobody likes a slow driver. Do not speed if you’re not familiar with the route because Lagos have some terrible road networks with potholes. Be careful and attentive.

8. A/C - Please put on your a/c before you get to the rider. Also ask questions? Is the a/c too much or just okay.

Don’t be discouraged, be patient and consistent. The road to success isn’t usually a smooth ride. What you’re going through now is part of what form your experience on the job and in the business.

I know you will sure succeed.

Cheers

Slow down on the diet.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 10:00pm On May 27, 2018
chillex8:

Slow down on the diet.

Codeine Diet or Protein Diet? grin

And please do enlighten me why a driver would start a trip before getting to his/her rider?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chillex8(m): 10:04pm On May 27, 2018
Phargbemmy:
Hi house,

I am off Uber for two days (insurance document not properly done)

Please beckon on me for offline jobs between now and Tuesday 29th. I am stationed at Igando and I driver a sexy Toyota Corolla 2006 model with reverse camera and installed DVD for your entertainments.

Call 08186715860 to book me.

Thanks
grin

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by taxiappguy: 10:09pm On May 27, 2018
TheCar:

And please do enlighten me why a driver would start a trip before getting to his/her rider?

He is doing the Taxify promo where you do a set number of trips for a set amount.
He used you to bolster his trip count.

Taxi App Guy

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chillex8(m): 10:12pm On May 27, 2018
TheCar:

1. Bad gang
2. Touch screen error.
3. In-experience

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 10:15pm On May 27, 2018
taxiappguy:

Let me enlighten you.
He is doing the Taxify promo where you do a set number of trips for a set amount.
He just used you to bolster his trip count.

Thanks Boss.

I appreciate the lesson but has he not shortchanged himself.

Am guessing the Taxify promo you’re talking about is the one they pay drivers certain amount after taking certain number of trips.

Hope my questions no dey too much. I don’t understand the driver side of the business too well, so I am a novice in that area.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by taxiappguy: 10:24pm On May 27, 2018
TheCar:

Thanks Boss.

I appreciate the lesson but has he not shortchanged himself.

Am guessing the Taxify promo you’re talking about is the one they pay drivers certain amount after taking certain number of trips.

Hope my questions no dey too much. I don’t understand the driver side of the business too well, so I am a novice in that area.

I'm more than happy to answer sir.
He wouldn't do it if he were short changing himself.
And It's okay if you can't drive, or don't understand the business. Nobody here will judge you.
I don't drive myself but I try to be aware of what's going on in my surroundings.

Taxi App Guy

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 10:25pm On May 27, 2018
chillex8:

1. Bad gang
2. Touch screen error.
3. In-experience

Bad Gang - I agree

Touch Screen Error & Inexperience - I disagree.

He called to confirm I am at the location, saw the car drove in, then he head out immediately after starting the trip.

So Na Bad Gang (I assumed)

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by omonla10(m): 10:35pm On May 27, 2018
TheCar:

Bad Gang - I agree

Touch Screen Error & Inexperience - I disagree.

He called to confirm I am at the location, saw the car drove in, then he head out immediately after starting the trip.

So Na Bad Gang (I assumed)
truly it can be Inexperience or touch screen error.. It has happened to me more than twice.. When it's already on arrived. After 3 mins it brings a pop up "do u want to start d ride?" and ignorantly while trying to cancel d ride or slide d arrived button again, you start the ride.. I always get 1 star for this though..

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 10:41pm On May 27, 2018
omonla10:
truly it can be Inexperience or touch screen error.. It has happened to me more than twice.. When it's already on arrived. After 3 mins it brings a pop up "do u want to start d ride?" and ignorantly while trying to cancel d ride or slide d arrived button again, you start the ride.. I always get 1 star for this though..

Boss, if you show up to pick the rider, I can take that as inexperience or error but if you don’t show up to pick the rider, is that not Bad Gang.

Anyway, the guy collect 1 star with nasty feedback.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 10:51pm On May 27, 2018
taxiappguy:

I'm more than happy to answer sir.
He wouldn't do it if he were short changing himself.
And It's okay if you can't drive, or don't understand the business. Nobody here will judge you.
I don't drive myself but I try to be aware of what's going on in my surroundings.

Taxi App Guy

grin cheesy

Thanks Boss for the enlightenment.

But the driver collect 1 star sha for the dubious act.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Tyche(m): 11:52pm On May 27, 2018
Burnt my fingers on HP even after what I read here. Lesson learnt at a great expense.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chillex8(m): 12:15am On May 28, 2018
Tyche:
Burnt my fingers on HP even after what I read here. Lesson learnt at a great expense.

Hope you are not typing with your feet .
Na joke I dey ooo..

P.S What happened

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 12:56am On May 28, 2018
I just hurt my baby this evening, while chasing bonus that didn't even come. So mad right now, have been managing this vehicle.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 12:59am On May 28, 2018
ifyeez:
Please who has paid Taxify thru transfer and how long did it take b4 they clear ur dept, mine is getting out of hand,
and I don't want to visit there office, been praying for card trips bub it seem not to be coming anytime soon
Keep disturbing them, it happened to me. Send messages through your app and also to Lagos Taxify, me I even replied the messages they sent me and also reminded them to update my account.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Owoado(m): 1:05am On May 28, 2018
World's first ride sharing (taxi) system based on blockchain technology just like uber, taxify etc. don't miss out, this has a project..join in now and secure your spot. Register and receive some bonus coins. https://genuinecoin.io/register.aspx?u=1351

You lose nothing by registering, it is free. You gain a lot when the cryptocurrency hits the market and performs well because it is backed by a Real Project.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 1:37am On May 28, 2018
Emekayoung:

What mistakes? Pls explain so we can all learn.

Whatever issues people have complained on HP on the forum .is the mistakes that I have learned or aware of ..
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 1:39am On May 28, 2018
Tyche:

Have learned that a long time ago.. I was never a fan of hp to start with.. Just because it didn't work out for me or others does not mean hp does not work .. But for me am not willing to take that risk
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Epphy(m): 3:08am On May 28, 2018
People no dey sleep?! Guys dey road for 3am!!! shocked

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 6:23am On May 28, 2018
Epphy:
Some people just leave their apps on even while asleep. Lolzz,. Anything can happen. Request can come anytime
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 6:49am On May 28, 2018
GAZZUZZ:
Due to popular demand....

Show off

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 6:51am On May 28, 2018
Epphy:

Omo Lil Wayne said and I quote.. " The money don't sleep, so wezzy can't rest

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 7:22am On May 28, 2018
chillex8:

I will go home.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:26am On May 28, 2018
dru23:

Show off

grin grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (739) (740) (741) (742) (743) (744) (745) ... (5695) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: Omoapena(m), pope191, emadamysy and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.