Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,290 members, 7,815,500 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:30 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (747) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4743547 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (744) (745) (746) (747) (748) (749) (750) ... (5689) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:29pm On May 29, 2018
chillex8:

The ideal way is for drivers to pay rental on Day 1 of the week. And renew subsequently.

But most e-hailing cars are dead and nonsense.

For instance a driver pays rental and few days later, car develops an issue, its his loss..

All these car owners shouting #assurance, don't have #assured cars. Yes I said it. Your cars are dead. Quote me.

I will pay rental on day1 and renew subsequently for any tokunbo car in pristine condition.

But a Nigerian used car, previously driven on Uber/taxify, I will pass over.

Driver-partners, ensure to test the car like u are buying a car, before you pay #assurance.

Ask them why the previous driver dropped the car, even request for the ex-drivers number to ascertain what you are jumping into.

Most of these car-owners are liars. Quote me.

In, all, there are very few good men "car-owners, and partner-drivers alike"

P.S, I have ZERO tolerance for driver default.

define dead?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 6:30pm On May 29, 2018
Carshopper:

So u didn't know...well I am just quoting u sha

You get any idea how much 04 to 05 civic are going for the tokunbo ones
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 6:32pm On May 29, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

define dead?

Oga, tokunbo civic from 04 to 05 how much is it ..live one no be dead one ooo

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by MissKerebete(m): 7:00pm On May 29, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

Cars can be fixed, can Bad drivers be fixed?
Sure! My previous partner sacked and disgraced me. I was labeled a bad driver. I was very inexperienced, I think 5 months or so, But now am far better than before, earning big like 100k atleast in week and good rating of 4.90 average weekly. Activity score of 97.5% on Taxify. So called bad drivers can fixed. Except those who are not bleeping willing to improve.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:04pm On May 29, 2018
MissKerebete:
Sure! My previous partner sacked and disgraced me. I was labeled a bad driver. I was very inexperienced, I think 5 months or so, But now am far better than before, earning big like 100k atleast in week and good rating of 4.90 average weekly. Activity score of 97.5% on Taxify. So called bad drivers can fixed. Except those who are not bleeping willing to improve.

So you destroyed the car and didn't pay your rental previously?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by MissKerebete(m): 7:09pm On May 29, 2018
;
GAZZUZZ:

So you destroyed the car and didn't pay your rental previously?
grin grin Nope late payment was cause of d issue
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:13pm On May 29, 2018
MissKerebete:
; grin grin Nope late payment was cause of d issue

Late of 1 month or a few days?

My best driver paid today (even before uber and Taxify alert) the others will pay tomorrow. Late payment is Thursday and there's a penalty attached plus you have to start counting again from 0 - 8 weeks for free 1 week payment bonus.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by MissKerebete(m): 7:20pm On May 29, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

Late of 1 month or a few days?

My best driver paid today (even before uber and Taxify alert) the others will pay tomorrow. Late payment is Thursday and there's a penalty attached plus you have to start counting again from 0 - 8 weeks for free 1 week payment bonus.
Body no be firewood. The good news is that I am now my own boss. It wasn’t easy for me at all then “inexperience” but am a lion d wheels. now smiley
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:22pm On May 29, 2018
MissKerebete:
Body no be firewood. The good news is that I am now my own boss. It wasn’t easy for me at all then “inexperience” but am a lion d wheels. now smiley

Was that the question I asked? 1 month or a few days?

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by MissKerebete(m): 7:35pm On May 29, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

Was that the question I asked? 1 month or a few days?
Sorry I cant dignify that question with an answer. It’s a new era, new chapter.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by slamstanlee(m): 7:38pm On May 29, 2018
Yesterday i picked a rider from house of Assembly, my DVD player just went off and wouldn't come up again.
I just apologized and told him car would be dead silent till i drop him.
He said he didn't mind, he would watch YouTube. Na so i vex closed by 3pm.

So good i kept the factory fitted 6-loader at home. grin
Re-installed.
...Hit the roads 2morow
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by joeokoriem: 7:43pm On May 29, 2018
Please house, how can I get follow come tinted back door glass for Toyota corolla 2006. Don't want that fixing type. I went to ladipo and they said no follow come. Its only fixing ones (the nylon fixing) i can get. Police disturb for fixing.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chillex8(m): 7:44pm On May 29, 2018
slamstanlee:
Yesterday i picked a rider from house of Assembly, my DVD player just went off and wouldn't come up again.
I just apologized and told him car would be dead silent till i drop him.
He said he didn't mind, he would watch YouTube. Na so i vex closed by 3pm.

So good i kept the factory fitted 6-loader at home. grin
Re-installed.
...Hit the roads 2morow
What disc do you play?
Mine is on AY-Live.
It's getting too boring for me. Thinking of loading Wakanda on it.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nitigriti(m): 7:44pm On May 29, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

Cars can be fixed, can Bad drivers be fixed?
Bad drivers cannot be fixed; bad car owners also cannot be fixed. Both should be weeded out of the business with immediate alacrity

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:48pm On May 29, 2018
nitigriti:

Bad drivers cannot be fixed; bad car owners also cannot be fixed. Both should be weeded out of the business with immediate alacrity

Dead cars? grin

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:49pm On May 29, 2018
chillex8:

What disc do you play?
Mine is on AY-Live.

Does DVD help rating?

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:53pm On May 29, 2018
chillex8:

The ideal way is for drivers to pay rental on Day 1 of the week. And renew subsequently.

But most e-hailing cars are dead and nonsense.

For instance a driver pays rental and few days later, car develops an issue, its his loss..

All these car owners shouting #assurance, don't have #assured cars. Yes I said it. Your cars are dead. Quote me.

I will pay rental on day1 and renew subsequently for any tokunbo car in pristine condition.

But a Nigerian used car, previously driven on Uber/taxify, I will pass over.

Driver-partners, ensure to test the car like u are buying a car, before you pay #assurance.

Ask them why the previous driver dropped the car, even request for the ex-drivers number to ascertain what you are jumping into.

Most of these car-owners are liars. Quote me.

In, all, there are very few good men "car-owners, and partner-drivers alike"

P.S, I have ZERO tolerance for driver default.

once a car is not tokumbor it is dead?
Help us understand nah

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nitigriti(m): 7:53pm On May 29, 2018
And guys, there's a difference between an inexperienced driver and a bad one. An inexperienced driver makes genuine mistakes or doesn't meet up with his obligations due to naivety.
A bad driver will make 150,000 a week and still not deliver, a bad driver is undisciplined. A bad driver wants to cheat. We need these kind of guys out of the system. The inexperienced ones, with a little bit of understanding and patience from car owners, will eventually become good

10 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by taxiappguy: 8:07pm On May 29, 2018
nitigriti:
And guys, there's a difference between an inexperienced driver and a bad one. An inexperienced driver makes genuine mistakes or doesn't meet up with his obligations due to naivety.
A bad driver will make 150,000 a week and still not deliver, a bad driver is undisciplined. A bad driver wants to cheat. We need these kind of guys out of the system. The inexperienced ones, with a little bit of understanding and patience from car owners, will eventually become good

Point
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by taxiappguy: 8:08pm On May 29, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

Does DVD help rating?

It does o, I bet it improves his off lines requests too. Even if it is by small.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by iyaegin: 8:11pm On May 29, 2018
What an euberventful week...my car fan developed an issue wednesday night around 11pm had to abruptly end a trip at maryland roundabout as car was overheating.rider apparently had difficulty getting another ride and seemed to have to walk to to the busstop after trying to get another ride from my car..next day i get a call from Uber to go for vehicle inspection and i would be disabled, i put two and two 2geda that the rider most likely reported but the uber dude from abroad makes it sound like a random issue.am disabled till i do an inspection which i eventually do on saturday n pass. on monday am forced to leave the island to go to uber office at maryland to submit my inspection report PDF report oh that i could have sent via mail .After waiting like 30/40mins becos the queue long.. na from their staircase e start.. i sort out my issue and am ready to hit the road but i rush back to work and somehow monday ends and i dont even take any rides.tuesday today i finally go online but no rides so i decide to try out the Airport as i see only 3 cars on the queue.i finally get my first ride in 5 days headed to oworo side...we get there and Gbola!!!! the terrible roads of oworo burst my car sump and immediately the oil is spilled on the road..i have never experienced such before in over 15 years of driving well i guess there is always a 1st.so my whole day ruined and new sump of 12k to be purchased 2morow plus 8k engine oil...unplanned xpenses.... embarassed cry cry..life of an Uber driver..please be veru careful of oworo roads..terrible sumtins..

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 8:35pm On May 29, 2018
nitigriti:

Desperation to just get going doing something. Most drivers in that situation think they can manage and edge, as they do their work day after day. That was possible when everything was buoyant, when a driver could gross #30,000 cash in one working day
Not now, though. But still, most drivers are hopeful things will work out for them eventually

Despite the urgency to start doing something, if you do vehicle inspection, you are supposed to enlighten the car owner or make your observations about the car known upfront.

If you take a car that would affect your performance, except the driver has a great personality, believe me he would be labeled a bad driver and wouldn’t be able to defend himself because he never make known any observations before collecting the car keys.

If you observed anything during car inspection, make it known and have the car owner fixed it (if it can be fixed) before you sign Agreement and collecting car key. If you don’t make your observations known during car inspection and you now start giving stories when you’re supposed to deliver your weekly rental, I think that is a little too late.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by EzekielMab(m): 8:48pm On May 29, 2018
nitigriti:

I picked up one of those riders yesterday; Bamidele Eletu Way to Airport. Dude told me I was too slow, as we went through Lekki - Osborne Road. I kept quiet, I told myself I will show this man pepper today. In my mind I was just praying for 3rd Mainland bridge to be free.
Then we entered third mainland bridge, and to God be the glory, it was free.

I just shifted my pedal to 120km/hr, then moved to the lane closest to the sea. "Take it easy, take it easy" was what I was hearing from him. I didn't answer him. Shebi I'm slow ni

This is really funny .

I won't lie .

I laughed like crazy z

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chillex8(m): 8:52pm On May 29, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

Does DVD help rating?

No. It makes up for what my car doesn't have in size.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chillex8(m): 8:53pm On May 29, 2018
taxiappguy:

It does o, I bet it improves his off lines requests too. Even if it is by small.

I dont do off-line trips sir.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 8:54pm On May 29, 2018
nitigriti:

Bad human (Drivers, Fleet Managers & Car Owners) cannot be fixed especially if they see nothing wrong in there attitude and actions.

For us to have a good system, transparency is required.

Without transparency and openness, we will all be victims.

There is a thin line between inexperienced and bad?

If inexperienced (Car Owner or Driver) choose not to learn what it takes to be successful in this business, he or she would be termed “Bad”.

A greedy human (Car Owner or Driver) would think he/she is smart but greediness would ruin anyone in this business.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chillex8(m): 8:59pm On May 29, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

once a car is not tokumbor it is dead?
Help us understand nah
There are some dead tokunbos.
Pristine condition is my word.

And preference for tokunbo is personal.

To see a Nigerian used Uber car in Good condition is like Ogunvic managing Dru3 fleet of cars. grin

8 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:08pm On May 29, 2018
chillex8:

There are some dead tokunbos.
Pristine condition is my word.

And preference for tokunbo is personal.

To see a Nigerian used Uber car in Good condition is like Ogunvic managing Dru3 fleet of cars. grin

Weyre cheesy cheesy

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by slamstanlee(m): 9:19pm On May 29, 2018
chillex8:

What disc do you play?
Mine is on AY-Live.
only music videos... Naija, gospel and foreign. My friend at home always buy me the latest. Its N50 per Disk at alaba lol

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by slamstanlee(m): 9:23pm On May 29, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

Does DVD help rating?

yes... With the inbuilt Bluetooth. It's crispy clear and wireless for ur riders that like to play their music. Instant 5 star after trip

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Yesbody: 9:26pm On May 29, 2018
Do I have the highest 5 star trip on nairaland

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by slamstanlee(m): 9:29pm On May 29, 2018
chillex8:

No. It makes up for what my car doesn't have in size.
what car pls

(1) (2) (3) ... (744) (745) (746) (747) (748) (749) (750) ... (5689) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: Welz(m), GeneralZodd(m), obinoral1179(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.