Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,470 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:35 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (898) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4758352 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (895) (896) (897) (898) (899) (900) (901) ... (5693) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by styveke(m): 2:27pm On Aug 01, 2018
jayooh:

Oga na you gawk yourself joor, who does that. Why won't you follow him to whoever is selling the dollars and do a direct transaction. Sorry sha

No be lie...I gawk wella.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 2:28pm On Aug 01, 2018
aggos:

Guy, it is common sense to assist your customer. You cannot sit back without knowing what 're being put in your boot. There is something we call work station, which your car is, and its part of your duty to organize it.

It's all about experience sha
You are right, but I think what the other guy was rather saying is we shouldn't turn the service we render to servitude.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 2:40pm On Aug 01, 2018
dru23:

Ok I understand your point... but u said your highest salary earner earns something like 60k a month ..what can that do for a person.. Uber is a tough business no doubt ...but most uber driver will make that 60k your highest earner makes in a week, if the uber owns the car easily... but if he does not own the car, am sure very sure he will take home more than 60k a month..
My experience with uber business, personal experience is that a lot of the drivers are greedy, not all of them ..and also managing coy or manager themselves are greedy or very conning ,from personal experience.. Now the smart drivers that were patient enough and experience enough ,were able to save enough money, saw a good deal and bought themselves a good car ..trust me from experience, u can see a good deal or lucky deal in terms of buying a good car ..I even offered to help person buy a car 04 civic landing cost for 1m tokunbo.. So at the end of it all , " in the mist of chaous, there is always an opportunity". It is up to you to make the most of that opportunity... all from personal experience... there is no need for me to explain how I gave a person great opportunity and the person blew... no need to go into details .. My point is that a lot of uber drivers can easily make more than your highest earner.. And aslo those slaves ,sorry I meant labourers working for you in the hot sun.. What is their goal in the nxt five years? Do they want to continue making bread for you for ever ? Or do they want to be carrying your pure water up and down for the nxt five years ? Uber drivers also do have the opportunity to network on their job o ...I am not too sure about your bread seller or pure water seller...

I didn't read it, make it short

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 2:41pm On Aug 01, 2018
thebigkendo:

Errm bros what is the name of that your bread? I wan use am balance with my Big Cola while waiting for request grin grin grin

grin bigcola na d iss now

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 2:44pm On Aug 01, 2018
0ubenji:

Nothing has ever been more touche in your clapbacks grin.

A driver using your car to hustle will not waste 5yrs before climbing the success ladder plus networking opportunities while on d job.
But a 60k bakery labourer has lesser chances of that, even zero. How much from 60k does he wanna save to build a bakery in the foreseeable future.
The rider who took me home yesternite, partnered with a corolla '09 car owner, saved up and got the matrix he drove me in lastnite.
The chances of that happening to that guy's bakery slave is a stone-throw from impossible.

Too bad we have to resort to berate vocations of ppl just to make a point..but the haughty business mogul called luxy44 set the unhealthy precedent on this one.

Slavery in the context means working for car owners not serving people. Serving people is not slavery dear, you get paid for me!! Be proud of what you do, pls baba...no complex iss here

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 2:45pm On Aug 01, 2018
aggos:

Could you just listen to yourself. It's easier said than done. Business is all about passion. ...

Criticism should open your mind, not destroying you/mind!!!
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chucsmoore(m): 2:47pm On Aug 01, 2018
taxiappguy:
Requests are thinning out, this is no longer a matter of survival of the fittest, it is now survival of the fittest AND smartest. Even fit drivers are feeling the pinch, and are shouting it loud.
So is it that the smart + hardworking ones are quiet because they are making money?

We have heard of drivers getting 2 trips after being online all day, that right there is a hardworking driver . He stayed online for 12 hours, he was willing to work. But only 2 "jobs" came his way.

There are many cars on the platform now, it is apparent. Competition is now very stiff. The ever-growing pot of drivers are all struggling for this same tepid, stagnant pool of riders. (I even believe Taxify is currently doing more to get new passengers on board than Taxify).

My people have a saying about how it is easier for the whole village to cook for one person, than for one person to cook for the whole village.

Drivers need to begin differentiating themselves by the service they offer.
I believe to survive, drivers need to begin thinking out of the box on how to attract offline trips.
Take that stagnant pool of riders and turn it into an active group of off line passengers.

Offlines trips usually pay better than online ones even minus the percentage fee of the rideshare platforms.
Tap from Uber and Taxify's large customer base. Let the village cook for you.
That way, you only log onto the apps when you are trying to convert new offline customers to your service. You only need about 5-10 sure customers to start raking in serious cash. If you pick 300 people a month, you should at least be able to convert 2 of those every month.

At 2,000 per hour, booking 5-10 hours a day will net you way more than online trips, way less overhead costs, a much better and personalised experience with your riders. Even, more time for yourself.

The choice is finally finally with you, not the market.
Innovate.

Good Advice. Offline has always been my Major cash cow. The secret of getting it consistently is exceptional customer service. Before the year runs out ehailing will be over saturated. You need to go to Uber and Taxify inspection center and see d way cars are trooping in for registration. It’s really very very competitive now. Those who will survive d heat will survive, that’s only if they know their way. And the ratio of riders to drivers another big issue affecting the business now. Imagine 20 drivers on a spot waiting to get request from 3 riders who are going to use d app for d day. And also d introduction of Taxify and Lite is seriously another problem. Lite get more trips than Regular Taxify. Cos majority of riders would prefer cheaper price. I think Taxify should combine Lite and Regular one at a good price suitable for drivers and riders, And also advertise more to bring more riders on d platform. This will definitely improve the d situation on ground. They also need to work on their app. In as much I don’t like Uber. Uber app is more customer friendlier than Taxify. They need to improve their app.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 2:47pm On Aug 01, 2018
Dovehorizon:
You do have a point here but that's because itbisba different business entirely, when u strictly look at it from ehailing point of view then it is better to get a toks for 1.7m than going for a naija used car which maintenance is relatively unknown, though there are few good naija used cars out there.

Bro, I only shake the table here to see the viability of the biz!!! However, I can't do the biz of waiting on some troublesome drivers for 35k every week...Opinion differs you know?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 2:50pm On Aug 01, 2018
mcadebola:

Lovely ideas sir, but i also feel you need to learn how to make your points without adding a bit of insults to it. Once you start with the insults, you have lost most people reading and whatever follows counts for a little.

Like it has been said earlier, every business with its ups and downs and each Aboki to his kettle. You will be surprised to find out what many people on here do apart from Uber and how well they do at it.

From your points above, you have not said Uber is not profitable but you just feel the break-even wait time is too long for your own preferred investment which is understandable.

If everybody here pulls out of Uber and joins your bakery business or everybody moves to palm oil business, what becomes of such business.

I dont know how much you make daily or weekly that you call cashflow and that makes you say 35k weekly is nothing............ But whatever you make, I am sure Dangote sees that your cashflow as nothing..... But i doubt he will come out in the Open and say you are bereft of ideas or try to rubbish your hustle.

No man is an island of knowledge, but even while trying to pass knowledge to people "who don't know as much as you do"......... Still try to be humble at it. One man's best clothe is another mans rags.

I read the last paragraph, bro, I'm not proud! And I have not used abusive words on anyone!

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by taxiappguy: 2:50pm On Aug 01, 2018
chucsmoore:
Good Advice. Offline has always been my Major cash cow. The secret of getting it consistently is exceptional customer service. Before the year runs out ehailing will be over saturated. You need to go to Uber and Taxify inspection center and see d way cars are trooping in for registration. It’s really very very competitive now. Those who will survive d heat will survive, that’s only if they know their way. And the ratio of riders to drivers another big issue affecting the business now. Imagine 20 drivers on a spot waiting to get request from 3 riders who are going to use d app for d day. And also d introduction of Taxify and Lite is seriously another problem. Lite get more trips than Regular Taxify. Cos majority of riders would prefer cheaper price. I think Taxify should combine Lite and Regular one at a good price suitable for drivers and riders, And also advertise more to bringing more riders on d platform. This will definitely improve the d situation on ground.
Rideshare platforms don't have to perform any big magic to increase their customer base.
Imagine that you could request for a ride with a USSD code.
Dial *8237# to get an Uber.
Imagine how many new customers that would capture. That should more than double user base immediately.
Of course there will be bugs, but none more than what we have now.
They need to INNOVATE.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 2:53pm On Aug 01, 2018
baddest04:
You have no selling point....u just do business and wanna make instant profit...for every raining day fia is a dry day.......we don know una type...no quote me ooo.
Cuz i get mba and msc in marketing plus i dey hustle for street join

Field work ain't paperwork (certification).. Tradefair boys no get certificates..Relax, you don't need to like me, at least, I no sabi you for real life. Everybody hustles, how many hustle smart?? It is a smart world bro, smart phone, marry-smart, date-smart all na smart.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 2:58pm On Aug 01, 2018
jayooh:

Over newest business Tycoon abi this one na typhoon? #Dru23 someone wants to overthrow you sir.

Ignorance!!! You don't need insurance for non-perishable ....it is just CFR , and you don't have to pay the freight , simply FOB..you don't know about it bro!!! Learn!!!

For every job there's an unemployed person that will take it up, whether 80k per month or 30k per month...so be calm

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chucsmoore(m): 2:59pm On Aug 01, 2018
taxiappguy:

The funny thing is, they don't have to perform any big magic to increase their customer base.
They only need to INNOVATE.
yea. Innovation is d key “

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 3:00pm On Aug 01, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

In the late 90's someone told my late dad, that he can make a fortune, by going to villages to buy egusi and selling in lagos.... Nah so my Pops enter road with him friend, moving from 1 village to the other somewhere in the south of nigeria.... After 5days they were yet to collect a 200kg sack of egusi grin

Selling it was easy, but after weighing the logistics and accommodation and discomfort, they never tried it again. What am I saying? You have painted a pic that looks like easy money, but not told us the down sides of the business to expect.

I have 2 friends on NL that are into this same business of exporting wood to the Chinese, it's very profitable, but not as easy as you paint it, but it's nice to hear another business perspective.

Obviously your dad didn't do his market research!!! I do every biz I mentioned up there. Except the pet drink stuff that a cousin does very well

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 3:01pm On Aug 01, 2018
TheCar:

To be sincere with you sir, You haven't tell us anything about business in your above.

We are still waiting sir

Get busy bro, I'm over you!

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 3:22pm On Aug 01, 2018
luxy.44:

Get busy bro, I'm over you!

tongue tongue tongue

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by cross8701: 3:34pm On Aug 01, 2018
TheCar:

tongue tongue tongue

Brilliant..... Say no more!
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Chukwudiike(m): 3:47pm On Aug 01, 2018
400 US dollars amazon gift card available with the receipts

Its in 4 cards. I.e, 100*4
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Tyche(m): 3:51pm On Aug 01, 2018
Carshopper:

present ... going for vacation things soon.. I can't come n kill myself for another person money

Very necessary brother, all works and no play ...
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 0ubenji(m): 4:04pm On Aug 01, 2018
luxy44:

Slavery in the context means working for car owners not serving people. Serving people is not slavery dear, you get paid for me!!...no complex iss here
u seem to av got off your high horse. You introduced that slave word here 3pages back. You don't just come on forums with careless talks, respected individuals are here who you would av loved respect u too. You made drivers and partners feel like slaves with your opening comments on this issue, praising your bakery and pure water business so highly to the denigration of e-hailing biz. I've seen people who failed at what you say do and rather do sumtin else. That gives me no justification to call your business a waste of time, or its investors slaves. Each man to his own. The best you can do is make points and perspectives known to who it might be of help to, without being so egotistical or condescending.

luxy44:

Be proud of what you do, pls baba
If this had been so obvious to u ab initio, you wont av kicked off with an egotistical impression without really saying anything worthy of note business-wise.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Carshopper(m): 4:17pm On Aug 01, 2018
Tyche:

Very necessary brother, all works and no play ...

na working vacation jor... we work 24/7
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Carshopper(m): 4:18pm On Aug 01, 2018
Chukwudiike:
400 US dollars amazon gift card available with the receipts

Its in 4 cards. I.e, 100*4

I for like buy oo...how much
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jayooh: 4:18pm On Aug 01, 2018
luxy44:

Ignorance!!! You don't need insurance for non-perishable ....it is just CFR , and you don't have to pay the freight , simply FOB..you don't know about it bro!!! Learn!!!

For every job there's an unemployed person that will take it up, whether 80k per month or 30k per month...so be calm

Oga don't comman be using abbreviations here, you can't con me. Your "CFR" does it come at 0.00NGN to the exporter?

Get the point, your maths was awful. FOB ko BOF ni

I'm certain there are other cost implications relating to the export of timber you have refused to highlight
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kneo: 4:20pm On Aug 01, 2018
Thanks for this prayer. God is indeed blessing the work of my hands.
I now partially own a Toyota Camry 2005
How?

Picked a rider from Ikeja GRA to Surulere.
I commented on how I thought he was a female from his soft voice over the phone. We got talking: e hailing, business etc. He saw a Toyota corolla 2000 model on the other lane and started gushing about how he loves that car. He intends selling one of his cars to get that. How it is portable and very economical and fits into his daily waka. I quickly chipped in 'what car do you intend selling'? Big daddy, he replied. I am interested
To cut the story short, the car is parked in my house now. My car.
There are angels moving around to bless you. Try to recognize them when you meet them.
The man is a barrister. I still owe him 100k and he has given me up to September to pay him at my convenience. Gotten on a platter of gold

TheCar:

Wow.

Kudos to you.

God would bless the work of your hands and you would harvest your seed.

But please you need to educate the new and upcoming drivers not to fall into this same trap. To me it's wickedness. How would a driver be responsible for engine oil and car servicing. It's the car owner responsibility to buy his/her engine oil and service his/her car.

I am really happy for you that you finally get out of the contract - bondage - although you stay too long there.

Please enlighten and educate others.

Congratulations on your new ride.

I also pray God bless your work and crown all your efforts with success. His (God) Grace would found and favour you. He would grant all your heart desires and bless you with your own car.

Amen.

18 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Carshopper(m): 4:20pm On Aug 01, 2018
luxy44:

Obviously your dad didn't do his market research!!! I do every biz I mentioned up there. Except the pet drink stuff that a cousin does very well

that time na research na by putting in cash first e work continue ..if e fail move out grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Tyche(m): 4:23pm On Aug 01, 2018
Carshopper:

na working vacation jor... we work 24/7

Will take like 10 days vacation and find a way to avoid or at the very least, reduce work will at it. As I see Gray hair for my head yesterday, I was shocked at their magnitude grin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 0ubenji(m): 4:25pm On Aug 01, 2018
cross8701:

grin grin grin grin... Dude wants to kill me here, honestly I wouldn't bother. It clear we all have different mindsets, if it can't be explained to some of us, then it has to be spiritual, i tire. The fact is Aboki played a fast one and the only explanation is that it's got to be spiritual
permit me to laff at the confidence your ignorance rides on grin grin grin

You av no friggin idea..

I was like you and even more.

Well, until.... a tragic experience taught me what i imagined was not existent.

IGNORANCE IS BLISS.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Carshopper(m): 4:26pm On Aug 01, 2018
Tyche:

Will take like 10 days vacation and find a way to avoid or at the very least, reduce work will at it. As I see Gray hair for my head yesterday, I was shocked at their magnitude grin

Your own good na... u dey say hair... my own hair don go finish

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Tyche(m): 4:27pm On Aug 01, 2018
Carshopper:

Your own good na... u dey say hair... my own hair don go finish

Kai grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Chukwudiike(m): 4:28pm On Aug 01, 2018
Carshopper:

I for like buy oo...how much

250/$
You can call or chat up on WhatsApp. My number below on my signature
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mcadebola: 4:30pm On Aug 01, 2018
kneo:
Thanks for this prayer. God is indeed blessing the work of my hands.
I now partially own a Toyota Camry 2005
How?

Picked a rider from Ikeja GRA to Surulere.
I commented on how I thought he was a female from his soft voice over the phone. We got talking: e hailing, business etc. He saw a Toyota corolla 2000 model on the other lane and started gushing about how he loves that car. He intends selling one of his cars to get that. How it is portable and very economical and fits into his daily waka. I quickly chipped in 'what car do you intend selling'? Big daddy, he replied. I am interested
To cut the story short, the car is parked in my house now. My car.
There are angels moving around to bless you. Try to recognize them when you meet them.
The man is a barrister. I still owe him 100k and he has given me up to September to pay him at my convenience. Gotten on a platter of gold

Congratulations boss

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Adortem: 4:32pm On Aug 01, 2018
Urgent Vacancy for Executive Drivers!

Are you an Executive driver?
Do you live in Yaba-Lagos and environs?
Are you between 35-50 years of age?
Are you familiar with Lagos routes?
Do you have a vast driving experience?
Are you ready to resume within a week?

If you want to apply or you have referrals,please call 08139498477(Whatsapp), 08145312561 now!

(1) (2) (3) ... (895) (896) (897) (898) (899) (900) (901) ... (5693) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: konkoabove, tbred

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.