Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,208 members, 7,822,074 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:41 AM

What Is Your Openion? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is Your Openion? (869 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Your Openion? by detoba75: 11:17am On Apr 24, 2009
i have been married for five years now, am faced with asituation where i do some common house work that i feel in my openion should be a womans work in our culture like sweeping, changeing Pampas, bathing the children most often morning before school and night before bed time while my wife feels she is tired and reading Novels after we both go to work and return together. but deep within me i belive there is something wrong and have decided to do this when ever mine and her relations come around visiting to see if she will be confortable when i handle such jobs in there prescence.
please i will like the house to contribute to this situation without being biased as this may go a long way in solving one family issue
Re: What Is Your Openion? by Nobody: 3:37pm On Apr 24, 2009
House chores may be for your wife, but you could at least have tried to learn a decent English. That is for everyone.

Moved to family.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Openion? by AmakaOne(f): 3:40pm On Apr 24, 2009
shocked
michelin89:

House chores may be for your wife, but you could at least have tried to learn a decent English. That is for everyone.

Moved to family.

shocked grin
Re: What Is Your Openion? by tboy1(m): 4:03pm On Apr 24, 2009
detoba75:

i have been married for five years now, am faced with asituation where i do some common house work [b]that i feel in my openion should be a womans work in our culture like sweeping, changeing Pampas, bathing the children most often morning [/b]before school and night before bed time while my wife feels she is tired and reading Novels after we both go to work and return together. but deep within me i belive there is something wrong and have decided to do this when ever mine and her relations come around visiting to see if she will be confortable when i handle such jobs in there prescence.
please i will like the house to contribute to this situation without being biased as this may go a long way in solving one family issue
You're wrong. This should be shared btw u and ur wife.

michelin89:

Moved to family.
Why you so rude?
Re: What Is Your Openion? by MaiSuya(m): 5:21pm On Apr 24, 2009
michelin89:

Moved to family.

y u no ticha am, ITK
Re: What Is Your Openion? by Nobody: 5:33pm On Apr 24, 2009
Re: What Is Your Openion? by Sissy3(f): 9:06pm On Apr 24, 2009
I'd suggest before you make this into an In-law family affair, first talk to your wife about how you feel about this situation. tell her how you feel like. that she should contribute or at least try to help in the family upkeep. she might never know that you have issues with doing all those things you listed, so she may think you don't complain so maybe you don't really mind. so talk to her and see if an amicable solution will be sort out before you bring the whole family into this.
Re: What Is Your Openion? by tpiah: 2:01am On Apr 25, 2009
is this something you recently started doing, or you've been responsible for the entire housework throughout the five years of your marriage?

ie ie did you agree to help your wife after she told you she was feeling tired, and now you yourself are exhausted with all the work?
Re: What Is Your Openion? by Nobody: 2:02am On Apr 25, 2009
Poster, if there's a point, please get to it undecided undecided
Re: What Is Your Openion? by Hauwa1: 10:10am On Apr 25, 2009
what i think is both of you should sit down and talk abt it. how abt sharing out the days undecided. you could both cast lots to get the days split out eh,  wink make it fun   cheesy

don't feel bad . . . you know, it's your kids and your home you are taking care of remember that.
Re: What Is Your Openion? by WarfyBoy(m): 11:53am On Apr 25, 2009
michelin89:

Moved to family.

Does NL have an english class?

if you kno get better contribution, u go luck up

which one be english own for here now
Re: What Is Your Openion? by Nobody: 10:13am On Apr 26, 2009
grin I gave my candid opinion.

Isn't that what he requested for?
Re: What Is Your Openion? by uzwu: 5:50pm On Apr 26, 2009
That was so RUDE of you. Na wa o. Oyibo woman. You better apoplogise
Re: What Is Your Openion? by Nobody: 6:50pm On Apr 26, 2009
uzwu:

That was so RUDE of you. Na wa o. Oyibo woman. You better apoplogise

I am also offended by his original post. Does he also owe me an apology?

(1) (Reply)

Want To Know How To Having A Baby Boy As 1st Born Of Girl As 1st / Help! Her Marriage Is Failing / Premature Baby Born In Hospital Toilet Bowl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.