Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,521 members, 7,826,961 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:05 AM

Tribunal Upholds Ekweremadu's Election - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tribunal Upholds Ekweremadu's Election (15335 Views)

Court Upholds Ekweremadu’s Election / Rivers Poll: Tribunal Upholds Election Of 6 PDP Lawmakers / Saraki Foils Move To Nullify Ekweremadu's Election As Deputy Senate President.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tribunal Upholds Ekweremadu's Election by GOATandYAMtheory: 5:17pm On Oct 09, 2015
The National Assembly and State House of Assembly Election Petition Tribunal sitting in Enugu on Friday upheld the declaration of Deputy Senate President,  Ike Ekweremadu as the winner of the Enugu-West senatorial seat by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC).

The three-man tribunal presided over by its chairman, Justice Michael Edem, in declaring Ekweremadu as the validly elected senator representing the Enugu-West senatorial zone dismissed the petition by the All Progressives Congress (APC) candidate for the seat, Chief Philip Chukwudi Eze for lack of merit.

In the almost two hours judgment, the tribunal noted that the petition lacked substantial evidence, while awarding the total sum of N60,000 in favour of Ekweremadu, the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) and the last respondent.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/tribunal-upholds-ekweremadus-election/222345/

Lalasticlala

3 Likes

Re: Tribunal Upholds Ekweremadu's Election by Nobody: 5:21pm On Oct 09, 2015
Ok

1 Like

Re: Tribunal Upholds Ekweremadu's Election by Aminat508(f): 5:22pm On Oct 09, 2015

5 Likes

Re: Tribunal Upholds Ekweremadu's Election by kogiguy(m): 5:24pm On Oct 09, 2015
this is good for our democracy ........APC new that dey can't win in dat state.....my opinion though

22 Likes

Re: Tribunal Upholds Ekweremadu's Election by Dannyset(m): 5:24pm On Oct 09, 2015
I don't know how the Chairman of the tribunal would have escaped lynching if he has giving the judgement in the other way. Why did the APC man wasted his time, energy and money on this. There's no way he could have won this.

14 Likes

Re: Tribunal Upholds Ekweremadu's Election by Nobody: 5:29pm On Oct 09, 2015
Aminat508:
angry angry
Lol... Aminat508, wetting I do na? grin
Re: Tribunal Upholds Ekweremadu's Election by modath(f): 5:30pm On Oct 09, 2015
kogiguy:
this is good for our democracy ........APC new that dey can't win in dat state.....my opinion though

The plantiff knew the case had no merit but probably pushed it to leverage for a political appointment...

Of all the states in the east, i dont see even APGA taking a PU from PDP let alone APC in Enugu.

13 Likes

Re: Tribunal Upholds Ekweremadu's Election by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 5:30pm On Oct 09, 2015
Our next Senate President!

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tribunal Upholds Ekweremadu's Election by midolian(m): 5:32pm On Oct 09, 2015
HIGHESTPOPORI:
Our next Senate President!
you know that's impossible. Ekweremadu has always been 2nd in command in everywhere he finds himself (all his life)..in his secondary school days, he was the assistant monitor from SS1 to SS3 grin

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tribunal Upholds Ekweremadu's Election by PRYCE(m): 5:38pm On Oct 09, 2015
OCT 09, The day of the tribunals!
Re: Tribunal Upholds Ekweremadu's Election by emmanuel596(m): 5:39pm On Oct 09, 2015
All this old men will not go nd rest and give the young generation chance instead of drawing closer to GOD and doing good awaiting their dying days they are busy trying to remain in d same position they were when we were told in school many years ago dat we were gonna be d leaders today..... cry cry cry cry cry cry if only d young in Nigeria really grew and d old died things for better cry cry cry cry crywhich way nigeria??

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tribunal Upholds Ekweremadu's Election by idari: 5:39pm On Oct 09, 2015
Ekweremadu has been a blessing to the pple of Enugu state as a whole,ranging from his 50k bursary for UNN students,to various scholarship,not to mention his Ekweremadu foundations dat carters for widows/children and health related issues,he is indeed a role model,he can never lose any election in Enugu state!

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tribunal Upholds Ekweremadu's Election by sukkot: 5:39pm On Oct 09, 2015
ok
Re: Tribunal Upholds Ekweremadu's Election by damton(m): 5:40pm On Oct 09, 2015
Good for him.
Re: Tribunal Upholds Ekweremadu's Election by LivingDiamond(m): 5:41pm On Oct 09, 2015
Congrats to him.
Re: Tribunal Upholds Ekweremadu's Election by zicoraads: 5:41pm On Oct 09, 2015
Congratulations to our next Senate President!
Re: Tribunal Upholds Ekweremadu's Election by Nobody: 5:41pm On Oct 09, 2015
Dannyset:
I don't know how the Chairman of the tribunal would have escaped lynching if he has giving the judgement in the other way. Why did the APC man wasted his time, energy and money on this. There's no way he could have won this.

1 Like

Re: Tribunal Upholds Ekweremadu's Election by PublicAssurance: 5:41pm On Oct 09, 2015
Democracy loading............
Re: Tribunal Upholds Ekweremadu's Election by jeedbaba: 5:41pm On Oct 09, 2015
that doesn't guarantee him of becoming senate president if Saraki fortunately stripped out of the seat.
He's still a learner in NAAS.
Re: Tribunal Upholds Ekweremadu's Election by Nobody: 5:42pm On Oct 09, 2015
undecided
Re: Tribunal Upholds Ekweremadu's Election by Nobody: 5:42pm On Oct 09, 2015
Something we know already.

The one we are waiting for is that of Wike of Rivers State. Dust must rise from two different camp of insincere people.

Still waiting.

1 Like

Re: Tribunal Upholds Ekweremadu's Election by uche988(m): 5:42pm On Oct 09, 2015
.......... grin
Re: Tribunal Upholds Ekweremadu's Election by dotna(m): 5:43pm On Oct 09, 2015
I'm sure he will heave a sigh of relief grin

1 Like

Re: Tribunal Upholds Ekweremadu's Election by shammah1(m): 5:43pm On Oct 09, 2015
It's a laughable joke for APC to think they can win the tribunal in strong PDP states. Smh

Carry go our deputy Senate President.

4 Likes

Re: Tribunal Upholds Ekweremadu's Election by Oildichotomy(m): 5:44pm On Oct 09, 2015
[size=15pt]Ekweremmadu !! The biggest beneficiary of the APC impasse. More menthol to your vocal chords sir
carry go! Nothing do you[/size]

9 Likes

Re: Tribunal Upholds Ekweremadu's Election by achorladey: 5:45pm On Oct 09, 2015
wetin concern me
Re: Tribunal Upholds Ekweremadu's Election by Aminat508(f): 5:45pm On Oct 09, 2015
sameer1212:
Lol... Aminat508, wetting I do na? grin
u knw nah sameer grin

5 Likes

Re: Tribunal Upholds Ekweremadu's Election by armadeo(m): 5:45pm On Oct 09, 2015
Escaped by the skin..

Ekeremadu be like party at my crib drinks on me...

Orange ys the new black be like hire the mourners. Let's strategize for the next election.

Baba be like.....lol

It's not my birthday
Re: Tribunal Upholds Ekweremadu's Election by IYANGBALI: 5:46pm On Oct 09, 2015
Na wetin do him erec-tion before wey dem dey hold am up for him?
Re: Tribunal Upholds Ekweremadu's Election by jlinkd78(m): 5:47pm On Oct 09, 2015
Congrats Ike Oha. U are a true son of ur father.
Re: Tribunal Upholds Ekweremadu's Election by inevitableme(m): 5:47pm On Oct 09, 2015
grin grin. cheesy I can bet with my two Balls, APC won't like these!!! grin.

2 Likes

Re: Tribunal Upholds Ekweremadu's Election by passionate88: 5:47pm On Oct 09, 2015
PDP

(1) (2) (Reply)

Farmers And Herdsmen Clash In Ogun. Five Killed, Houses Burnt / Tambuwal Visits Families Of Hajj Stampede Victims In Sokoto (Pics) / Multiple Bomb Attack In Maiduguri Kills 5, Wounds 13, Including University Don

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.