Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,944 members, 7,817,775 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:18 PM

Jonathan To Lead 33-nation Election Observers In Tanzania. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan To Lead 33-nation Election Observers In Tanzania. (23447 Views)

Goodluck Jonathan At A Meeting Of Election Observers In South Africa (Photos) / Ize-Iyamu Meets US Election Observers / Jonathan With AU Elections Observers In Zambia (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan To Lead 33-nation Election Observers In Tanzania. by PhockPhockMan: 5:24pm On Oct 09, 2015

Former President Goodluck Jonathan has been named to lead the a 33-nation observer mission to the Sunday, October 25, 2015 General Election to be held in Tanzania.
The Acting Permanent Secretary in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation, Yahya Simba made this known in Dar es Salaam, the Tanzanian capital, adding that the mission will be made up of observers from Africa, Asia, the Americas, Europe and the Pacific.

Former President Goodluck Jonathan will lead the Commonwealth observer team to Tanzania election on October 25.
Speaking at a meeting jointly organised by the UN and the government of Tanzania on the event of the former’s 70th anniversary which will be commemorated next week.
Simba further enthused that while Jonathan will lead the Commonwealth observer team, former Mozambican President, Armando Guebuza will lead the African Union (AU) observer team.
He said: “Tanzania is pleased to note that the Post-2015 Development Agenda, inter alia, has taken on board the unfinished business of the MDGs, focusing on trans-formative change, and endeavouring to eradicate poverty in all its forms by 2030.”
Also speaking at the event, the UN Resident Coordinator for Tanzania, Alvaro Rodriguez said: “Men and women in Tanzania look forward to peaceful and credible general elections and their voices to be heard on October 25, the date of the elections.
“They view the future with optimism and continue to rely extensively on community radios, local administration, the media fraternity and civil society organisations for information on political events and changes facing the nation.”
“Tanzanians are more aware than ever before about the MDGs and the upcoming transition to the SDGs, while the details of the goals are the targets may be unclear, they know there is a concerted attempt to assists in ending child stunting, ending discrimination and enhancing the overall quality of social services.
“The 70 years’ anniversary of the United Nations is a call for a reflection on lessons learnt over the decades and focus on how to eradicate extreme poverty in Tanzania and the world at large”.
Yahya Simba, Deputy Permanent Secretary at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, told a press conference said more than 600 observers from across the world, including from the African Union, will monitor the elections.
He revealed Tanzania had received requests from election observers from almost all European Union member countries.
Alvaro Rodriguez, the UN Resident Coordinator in Tanzania, at the conference reiterated that the UN looked forward to seeing peaceful and credible elections in the country.
Over 23 million out of a population of about 46 million Tanzanians will go to the polls to elect a new president, members of parliament and councillors.
The presidential candidate for the ruling party, Chama Cha Mapinduzi, John Magufuli, is facing fierce competition from Edward Lowassa of the leading opposition party CHADEMA.
The winner of the presidential poll will succeed incumbent President Jakaya Kikwete who is completing his second five-year term.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/10/jonathan-to-lead-33-nation-election-observers-in-tanzania/

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Jonathan To Lead 33-nation Election Observers In Tanzania. by ShowYourCertificate: 5:39pm On Oct 09, 2015
Jonathan.......the ambassador for free and fair elections. We are proud of you smiley

234 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Jonathan To Lead 33-nation Election Observers In Tanzania. by Zzyco: 5:41pm On Oct 09, 2015
I respect Goodluck ebele Jonathan, Haters of this man can just go and die. The world respect you. Ride high. If you hate good luck I wish you the opposite.

184 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Jonathan To Lead 33-nation Election Observers In Tanzania. by Nobody: 5:48pm On Oct 09, 2015
Good name is better than Silver and Gold. One very good blessing about Jonathan is that his name is written in the annals of the country, as a former President. Some people never get to that level in their lifetime.

139 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Jonathan To Lead 33-nation Election Observers In Tanzania. by Ofodirinwa: 5:50pm On Oct 09, 2015
When Obasanjo was invited to Senegal to do the same the almost stoned, the Senegalese media went nuts with venom against him and his corruption, third term bid, and rigging.

Buhari was never invited as an elder statesmen

IBB

none.

I'm proud of GEJ. This is how you transcend the Presidency of Nigeria and become an Elder of the World.

216 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Jonathan To Lead 33-nation Election Observers In Tanzania. by playahata: 5:52pm On Oct 09, 2015
Zzyco:
I respect Goodluck ebele Jonathan, Haters of this man can just go and die. The world respect you. Ride high. If you hate good luck I wish you the opposite.
good luck to 6 years of waste and regression

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan To Lead 33-nation Election Observers In Tanzania. by jlinkd78(m): 6:00pm On Oct 09, 2015
This shd ordinarily be a FP item but I doubt if d moderators will be nationalistic enough. One of those great u look back and be proud of d country. Am sure in d fullness of time we all we agree dat GEJ was actually not clueless after all. He is indeed an epitome of credible election and wont be surprised if he wins d nobel peace prize. I v no doubt this observation trip will enhance his credentials. He is heading a team comprising d Americans, Asians, Europeans et al

74 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Jonathan To Lead 33-nation Election Observers In Tanzania. by obicentlis: 6:00pm On Oct 09, 2015
Though I'm not his fan but I respect him for carrying out electoral reform as started by Late President Yardaua. This reform cost him the presidency. He accepted defeat before announcement of the official results, that's great. Obj who is now a progressive was the master rigger who couldn't have allowed electoral reform if he was in gej shoes. It still baffles me why Nigerians have not seen obj for whom he is.
God bless Nigeria.

126 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Jonathan To Lead 33-nation Election Observers In Tanzania. by wecan: 6:13pm On Oct 09, 2015
Good name is better than Silver and Gold. You will still be receiving more recognition from the whole world. Your enemies will be put to shame because you are far much better than any politician in Nigeria. I respect you GEJ

78 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Jonathan To Lead 33-nation Election Observers In Tanzania. by PhockPhockMan: 9:23pm On Oct 09, 2015
Oguguah:
Good name is better than Silver and Gold. One very good blessing about Jonathan is that his name is written in the annals of the country, as a former President. Some people never get to that level in their lifetime.

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jonathan To Lead 33-nation Election Observers In Tanzania. by CR77(f): 9:43pm On Oct 09, 2015
GEJ my Hero

63 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan To Lead 33-nation Election Observers In Tanzania. by damton(m): 9:43pm On Oct 09, 2015
If not for anything, Jonathan deserves accolade for the consolidation of Nigeria's democracy.

68 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Jonathan To Lead 33-nation Election Observers In Tanzania. by ganja06(m): 9:44pm On Oct 09, 2015
a

1 Like

Re: Jonathan To Lead 33-nation Election Observers In Tanzania. by PublicAssurance: 9:44pm On Oct 09, 2015
GEJ...The Jimmy Carter of Nigeria....more effective, out of Office than in office.....Keep doing us proud...Nigeria stands with you.

56 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Jonathan To Lead 33-nation Election Observers In Tanzania. by Abayhormy(m): 9:44pm On Oct 09, 2015
Jonathan, the Madueke Diezani boss?! 😯😯😀

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan To Lead 33-nation Election Observers In Tanzania. by kennyman2000(m): 9:45pm On Oct 09, 2015
Good..
Re: Jonathan To Lead 33-nation Election Observers In Tanzania. by psychologist(m): 9:45pm On Oct 09, 2015
GEJ my hero

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan To Lead 33-nation Election Observers In Tanzania. by Badgers14: 9:45pm On Oct 09, 2015
Make hin no go there go embarrass us grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan To Lead 33-nation Election Observers In Tanzania. by saintkel(m): 9:46pm On Oct 09, 2015
Jonathan my hero

22 Likes

Re: Jonathan To Lead 33-nation Election Observers In Tanzania. by CR77(f): 9:46pm On Oct 09, 2015
Yes Oo not like Buhari
ShowYourCertificate:
Jonathan.......the ambassador for free and fair elections. We are proud of you smiley

55 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan To Lead 33-nation Election Observers In Tanzania. by gokay11(m): 9:46pm On Oct 09, 2015
Gentle man to the core

24 Likes

Re: Jonathan To Lead 33-nation Election Observers In Tanzania. by Nobody: 9:47pm On Oct 09, 2015
playahata:
good luck to 6 years of waste and regression
Buhari to 6 months of hardship,world tour,no minister,a dying government, keep hating,you and your generation can never reach that man half, face the facts

76 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Jonathan To Lead 33-nation Election Observers In Tanzania. by sigiyaya(m): 9:48pm On Oct 09, 2015
make they make sure say kaikai no dey him side that dayooooo.....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jonathan To Lead 33-nation Election Observers In Tanzania. by Flashh: 9:48pm On Oct 09, 2015
ShowYourCertificate:

I am not PROUD of him.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jonathan To Lead 33-nation Election Observers In Tanzania. by Nobody: 9:48pm On Oct 09, 2015
They no go see anything observe with jonathan as their head...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan To Lead 33-nation Election Observers In Tanzania. by odiereke(m): 9:48pm On Oct 09, 2015
He deserves that.
Re: Jonathan To Lead 33-nation Election Observers In Tanzania. by ajepako(f): 9:48pm On Oct 09, 2015
Now that's how a real democrat and statesman roll..

Not a witch-hunting, sanctimonious, holier-than-you, and tribal and religious bigots we have everywhere..

That's my GEJ....

You don't like it?

Hug an Australian salt-water crocodile..

Or swim with the sharks..

grin grin grin

47 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Jonathan To Lead 33-nation Election Observers In Tanzania. by Nobody: 9:49pm On Oct 09, 2015
GEJ my hero, Diezani my role model! cool

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan To Lead 33-nation Election Observers In Tanzania. by jomoh: 9:49pm On Oct 09, 2015
Imagine.

He wan go infect them with cluelessness

We dey wait. Make we see d drama wey im go go perform dia.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Saraki, Tambuwal At A Wedding Ceremony In Sokoto. Pics / Bello Sacks HOS, Appoints Moses-Okezie, Igbo Man, Four Others Into Cabinet / Man Climbs Telecom Mast To Protest ‘land Encroachment’ By Atiku’s AUN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.