Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,973 members, 7,848,920 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 12:02 PM

I Want To Quit My Job - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Want To Quit My Job (882 Views)

I Want To Quit My Job And Live On My Savings / Want To Quit My Job. Advice Needed Urgently / I Have This Amazing Business Idea, But Scared To Quit My Job! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Quit My Job by sichri(m): 5:53pm On Oct 09, 2015
I'm currently working in a well paying job. However, there is no job satisfaction anymore & it's beginning to take toll on my health. I have always wanted to tread the entrepreneurship path & I have been able to save some money for that purpose. I have interest in the businesses below.
1. Intercity transportation
2. Small scale tissue paper production
3. Oil palm plantation

I can only venture into one for now. Please I need your advice.
Re: I Want To Quit My Job by yomi007k(m): 6:04pm On Oct 09, 2015
Hw is it taking a toll on ur health?
Re: I Want To Quit My Job by Nobody: 6:12pm On Oct 09, 2015
At Sichri,

Please can my friend take over your role wherever you work now? I posted on a thread a few minutes ago about badly wanting to help a bestie land a good job before the year ends.

No kidding guy I'm serious. Coming back to you though I think you should start one of the businesses you mentioned above WHILE keeping your day job.

Start & grow your business to a reasonably profitable point then you can quit. I once read an article online on extra streams of income and the author encouraged readers to maintain their day jobs while they generate extra streams of income.

His advice was sound and very sensible it is advice I intend to take as I pursue my own hopes & dreams regarding business but with a view to quitting full time employment once I get things to a profitable level.
Re: I Want To Quit My Job by sichri(m): 6:28pm On Oct 09, 2015
sihom:
At Sichri,

Please can my friend take over your role wherever you work now? I posted on a thread a few minutes ago about badly wanting to help a bestie land a good job before the year ends.

No kidding guy I'm serious. Coming back to you though I think you should start one of the businesses you mentioned above WHILE keeping your day job.

Start & grow your business to a reasonably profitable point then you can quit. I once read an article online on extra streams of income and the author encouraged readers to maintain their day jobs while they generate extra streams of income.

His advice was sound and very sensible it is advice I intend to take as I pursue my own hopes & dreams regarding business but with a view to quitting full time employment once I get things to a profitable level.

The job is so stressful that you hardly have time to think of something else. If not I actually wanted to start it on the side. But mehn, it is not easy at all.
Re: I Want To Quit My Job by yomi007k(m): 6:39pm On Oct 09, 2015
Guy don't leave your job.

The reason u don't have time for anything else is becos they have paid u for ur time.

Remember that in business there is "profit" and "loss"

#shalom
Re: I Want To Quit My Job by Nobody: 6:50pm On Oct 09, 2015
I totally feel you I quit a job the first quarter of this year for similar reasons but your case better pass my own. My pay wasn't so great and the workload superseded the pay

I was emotionally & mentally stressed out. Anxiety & stress were constant companions l eagerly looked forward to weekends and dreaded having to resume work on Mondays through Fridays.

That job took a toll on me and I reacted to the stress by over indulging in junk food and gaining weight in the process. Weight gain or loss can sometimes be brought on by stress as I later learnt from one of Hygeia's literature flyers.

Forgive me, I digress too much when this is not about me. If I were in your position I would stay and fight to make my business work before bouncing. I would stay because like you said the money is good right?

I quit that job because the pay wasn't all that - it wasn't commensurate with the stressful experiences I was having.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Quit My Job by sichri(m): 9:31pm On Oct 09, 2015
@yomi007k & @sihom, thank you very much.

(1) (Reply)

9 Habits Everyone Should Master Befor Turning 30 / The Nigerian Economy May Collapse In 2016 Unless Nigerians Do This Individually / Lady Sue Boss For Making her Work In Sex Parties

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.