Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,412 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:44 PM

Want To Quit My Job. Advice Needed Urgently - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Want To Quit My Job. Advice Needed Urgently (18191 Views)

I Finally Quit My Bank Job For Bolt Driving / I Want To Quit My Teaching Job: Advice Needed / Do I Need To Quit My Job ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Want To Quit My Job. Advice Needed Urgently by godfrey01(m): 9:12pm On Dec 28, 2017
I work with an ICT company, as a technical staff. we train students when it comes to the use of computer softwares. Also we are into computer maintenance.

But there is a bad side of it, I don't get paid on time. and apart from that, the pay is not much despite the huge income that comes into the company from training and repairs of computers and printers. I receive five figure as salary and its not able to cater for my monthly needs. The worst part of it is that I was not given xmas holiday despite the fact that the school is on holiday. and what pains me most I have not been paid December salary and it has made the christmas celebration very bad for me. I think I am just being used to build the organisatiion with low return on my side.

I have thought of quitting the job several times, but another thought comes to me not to. Please niaralanders, I can't keep this decision to my self alone and I need your advice. If you were In my shoes, what will you do?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Want To Quit My Job. Advice Needed Urgently by DOUBLEWAHALA: 9:20pm On Dec 28, 2017
before u quit ur job try and listen to one of my favrite song
passanger-let her go

3 Likes

Re: Want To Quit My Job. Advice Needed Urgently by iHart(m): 9:30pm On Dec 28, 2017
you train people to acquire skills in software, computer maintenance and printer repairs. The people you train are expected to go and start their own business. Then you repair/fix computers and printers for clients. So you have the skills and now have contacts of customers/clients. What prevents you from starting your own repair and maintenance business? At least that's what you teach others to do, you too can do better...

215 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Want To Quit My Job. Advice Needed Urgently by godfrey01(m): 9:36pm On Dec 28, 2017
iHart:
you train people to acquire skills in software, computer maintenance and printer repairs. The people you train are expected to go and start their own business. Then you repair/fix computers and printers for clients. So you have the skills and now have contacts of customers/clients. What prevents you from starting your own repair and maintenance business? At least that's what you teach others to do, you too can do better...

finance....

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Want To Quit My Job. Advice Needed Urgently by godfrey01(m): 9:36pm On Dec 28, 2017
DOUBLEWAHALA:
passanger-let her go

link to download song please
Re: Want To Quit My Job. Advice Needed Urgently by ogwoliun: 9:46pm On Dec 28, 2017
Before you quit your job, try to get new one. ICT is a lucrative business, either you start your own or you look for the firm that will pay you well.

12 Likes

Re: Want To Quit My Job. Advice Needed Urgently by iHart(m): 10:18pm On Dec 28, 2017
godfrey01:

finance....

finance is not your major problem. your major problem is fear and indecision
godfrey01:
...I have thought of quiting the job several times, but another thought comes to me not to. Please niaralanders, I can't keep this decision to my self alone and I need your advice. If you were In my shoes, what will you do.

87 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Want To Quit My Job. Advice Needed Urgently by JamieRocks(m): 10:28pm On Dec 28, 2017
godfrey01:
I work with an ICT company, as a technical staff. we train students when it comes to the use of computer softwares. Also we are into computer maintenance. but there is a bad side of it, I don't get paid on time. and apart from that, the pay is not much despite the huge income that comes into the company from training and repairs of computers and printers. I receive five figure as salary and its not able to cater for my monthly needs. The worst part of it is that I was not given xmas holiday despite the fact that the school is on holiday. and what pains me most I have not been paid december salary and it has made the christmas celebration very bad for me. I think I am just being used to build the organisatiion with low return on my side. I have thought of quiting the job several times, but another thought comes to me not to. Please niaralanders, I can't keep this decision to my self alone and I need your advice. If you were In my shoes, what will you do.
Pray to God for a Divine direction!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Want To Quit My Job. Advice Needed Urgently by Nobody: 11:40pm On Dec 28, 2017
You want to quit your job without any other job in hand? You are a very foolish boy, wallahi!

See how devil take dey use your head dey play tinko.

8 Likes

Re: Want To Quit My Job. Advice Needed Urgently by Kwenty: 3:02am On Dec 29, 2017
What you just narrated can be very frustrating, so I understand but you don't have to quit without something else at hand. Increase your job search now or plan how to be on your own.

3 Likes

Re: Want To Quit My Job. Advice Needed Urgently by godfrey01(m): 3:57am On Dec 29, 2017
Kwenty:
What you just narrated can be very frustrating, so I understand but you don't have to quit without something else at hand. Increase your job search now or plan how to be on your own.

thanks..
Re: Want To Quit My Job. Advice Needed Urgently by FromZeroToHero(m): 7:06am On Dec 29, 2017
your salary is 5 figures which means it ranges from 10,000 to 90,000. thousands of unemployed graduates will gladly take up your job if you quit. please keep managing it while looking for a better one. a bird at hand is worth more than hundreds in the bush. Gracias

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Want To Quit My Job. Advice Needed Urgently by FromZeroToHero(m): 7:08am On Dec 29, 2017
Hozier:
You want to quit your job without any other job in hand? You are a very foolish boy, wallahi!

must you insult him to prove a point?

39 Likes

Re: Want To Quit My Job. Advice Needed Urgently by DLondonboiy: 8:34am On Dec 29, 2017
Quit

1 Like

Re: Want To Quit My Job. Advice Needed Urgently by FrenchWay: 8:35am On Dec 29, 2017
If only I can get a job of even 'four figures' ...

I'd be dancing unclad every morning grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Want To Quit My Job. Advice Needed Urgently by Lexusgs430: 8:35am On Dec 29, 2017
Link me up with your employer.....
Re: Want To Quit My Job. Advice Needed Urgently by Heywhizzy(m): 8:35am On Dec 29, 2017
quit abeg... Once you start asking questions of whether to quit or not, It shows you're no longer interested in the job, therefore you can't give your best.. One major motivation to stay in a job is job satisfaction and it's obviously lacking here

Since you said you train people, why not use the skills you have into personal profit making

3 Likes

Re: Want To Quit My Job. Advice Needed Urgently by Nobody: 8:35am On Dec 29, 2017
Hlbl
Re: Want To Quit My Job. Advice Needed Urgently by sinola(m): 8:36am On Dec 29, 2017
godfrey01:
I work with an ICT company, as a technical staff. we train students when it comes to the use of computer softwares. Also we are into computer maintenance.

But there is a bad side of it, I don't get paid on time. and apart from that, the pay is not much despite the huge income that comes into the company from training and repairs of computers and printers. I receive five figure as salary and its not able to cater for my monthly needs. The worst part of it is that I was not given xmas holiday despite the fact that the school is on holiday. and what pains me most I have not been paid December salary and it has made the christmas celebration very bad for me. I think I am just being used to build the organisatiion with low return on my side.

I have thought of quitting the job several times, but another thought comes to me not to. Please niaralanders, I can't keep this decision to my self alone and I need your advice. If you were In my shoes, what will you do?

make sure you have a sustenable means of income...it is terrible out there.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Want To Quit My Job. Advice Needed Urgently by Lexusgs430: 8:36am On Dec 29, 2017
godfrey01:

5 figures like N99,500 a month? The moment you send in your resignation letter, 20,000 people are already applying for the same job............

Late payment is still better than no payment or modulated payments........

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Want To Quit My Job. Advice Needed Urgently by ONESON1(m): 8:37am On Dec 29, 2017
DOUBLEWAHALA:
passanger-let her go

Quitters never win
Winners never quit

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Want To Quit My Job. Advice Needed Urgently by kaymart: 8:38am On Dec 29, 2017
endure a little longer, close your minds to those things that continually infuriates you and look at d bright side of the job.
This is to prevent psychological events such as underperformance and total lack of interest. Also, you must keep ur hands on deck and ur ears on ground as per double searching for a new job and of course better rewarding job.

Bro, it may be a bold step quitting outrightly without another at hand, same way it might also be a very foolish one..... all depending on how it turned out.

Brace urself and do sth innovative.

The fact is this: Lack of finance though is an obstacle towards acquiring capital for personal business and pursuit of one's own idea. I tell u, Capital/finance is not the number blockade towards financial emancipation. The number one hinderance is lack of innovative ideas. Innovation well matched with creativity and passion will give u everything. Bro, sometimes, I spent some time alone welcoming legit ideas that fetch bucks without doing anything illegal.

Think, then think and think again..... that idea will surface and when it does, I hope u 'll be able to identify it and bring it to reality. There's money everywhere around u. All u need do is first identifying then utilise appropriately d good opportunities dat comes ur way.

Best of luck to ya dear frnd....

10 Likes

Re: Want To Quit My Job. Advice Needed Urgently by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 8:38am On Dec 29, 2017
Plan your exit over the next three months. Collect all your outstanding salary, get a new and better offer or start your own business, then leave.

3 Likes

Re: Want To Quit My Job. Advice Needed Urgently by Cholls(m): 8:39am On Dec 29, 2017
my brother follow the advice from JamieRocks and IamaNigerianGuy

2 Likes

Re: Want To Quit My Job. Advice Needed Urgently by sunbbo(m): 8:39am On Dec 29, 2017
Think twice, make sure you have a backup..
Re: Want To Quit My Job. Advice Needed Urgently by colli247(m): 8:40am On Dec 29, 2017
godfrey01:

MY BROTHER I HAD THIS SAME EXPERIENCE IN 2013 WORKING WITH ICT COMPANY I WAS USED TO BUILD AND DEVELOP THE COMPANY BUT LATER I RESIGNED AND GOD GAVE A NEW JOB MUCH MORE BETTER THAT THAN THE ICT JOB .

1 Like

Re: Want To Quit My Job. Advice Needed Urgently by UTILITYMAY(m): 8:40am On Dec 29, 2017
I can feel your pain Bro... I'll advice you not to quit the job now, unless if you have someone feeding you. Do a thorough search for a better job. Package your profile very well, meet with people that could be of help financially, go to developing schools for maintaince jobs, request for a part time job in other computer training centres. Trust me, if you can be diligent with all these, you'll raise fund to start your own training school. Give yourself time target, don't stay in your present work for more than two months more. They can be frustrating; they will be enjoying Christmas and festives with their family. Possibly they will even travel out of the country; yet they refuse to pay their staffs salary.

I wish you the best in the coming year my brother. Don't give up... God bless you.

4 Likes

Re: Want To Quit My Job. Advice Needed Urgently by colli247(m): 8:42am On Dec 29, 2017
godfrey01:

MY BROTHER I HAD THIS SAME EXPERIENCE IN 2013 WORKING WITH ONE ICT COMPANY I WAS USED TO BUILD AND DEVELOP THE COMPANY BUT LATER I RESIGNED AND GOD GAVE A NEW JOB MUCH MORE BETTER THAT THAN THAT ICT JOB .

1 Like

Re: Want To Quit My Job. Advice Needed Urgently by AuroraB(f): 8:44am On Dec 29, 2017
Hozier:

grin
He should ask around. Most workers no collect December salary and dem no die.
Re: Want To Quit My Job. Advice Needed Urgently by Macgreat(m): 8:45am On Dec 29, 2017
cheesy

Get a better one before

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Career Choice: All You Need To Know / Company Worker Arrested For Threatening To Kill Promoted Colleague, Children / Things You Should Never Say To Your Employees.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.