Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,486 members, 7,816,149 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:40 AM

Is Java Programming Harder Than Microsoft.net Programming - Programming (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Is Java Programming Harder Than Microsoft.net Programming (14864 Views)

I Want To Learn Programming - Is Java The Best To Start With? / Microsoft Ports. NET To Linux And Macintosh, Goes Open-sources; Is Java Doomed? / Java Programming For Dummies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Java Programming Harder Than Microsoft.net Programming by Binary(m): 2:42pm On May 06, 2009
decworld:

pls can any body tell me any good programming textbook on java, .net,visual basic,fortran.i need it urgently.pls call 08066258416 or mail  me   decworld4sure2008@yahoo.com  THANKS AND GOD BLESS [color=#000099][/color][i][/i][b][/b][s][/s][img][/img]

I THINK U NEED THIS AUTHOR BOOK. HOW TO PROGRAM IN JAVA, VB.NET AND LOT MORE BY DEITEL DEITEL.
LOGON TO www.deitel.com for more information. it will help you. e too bam.
Re: Is Java Programming Harder Than Microsoft.net Programming by decworld: 2:59pm On May 06, 2009
any programmer here,pls i need good textbooks on programming java,.net,fortran.visual basic
Re: Is Java Programming Harder Than Microsoft.net Programming by decworld: 3:05pm On May 06, 2009
thank u binary 4 ur adivce
Re: Is Java Programming Harder Than Microsoft.net Programming by nolongTing: 6:46pm On May 06, 2009
lekside44:

before you can say, you need to understant a little bit of history in programming.
programming lang, strating with fortran was developed to enable the computer to be used as a reusable calculator. this makes sence since you dont have to keep swithing the computer everytime to do the same job. in those days , a lot of lang were developed, each with is distint adv and disavantages. basic became a very popular lang then because it is simple to learn and prog. many proffesional programmers normally encounter problems programming long and structured programs. thus after two two or three initial lang., the c lang was developed . it is i true structured lang and thus became very popular among proffessional programmers. most operating systems are still written in c lang. in the late 70s and earlly 80s, the object oriented method of programming became the defacto. [size=14pt]in other to still enjoy the power of c, c# was developed. it is a c progarmming lang with object oriented prog.[/size] about the early 90s, microsoft develop vb to be the graphical users interface verison of basic lang. thus continued with the popularity of basic. java was then developed i the early 90s to be a net version of c#. thus write once , use anywhere gave it taht popuparity it enjoys. vb, then stands to the challange and develope vb.net, the net version of vb. to know which is  easier depends on your knowlege of the parent lang

Cool history lesson, but was you trying to refer to C++ instead of C#?  C++ is an improved version of C in the sense that it can be OO, but C++ can also be procedural.  I am sure most would agree that C# was built by taking the efficient aspects of Java and C++; But more so from Java - the APIs are pretty similar.   grin grin grin

What is the question @Dr. Lorenz ?
Re: Is Java Programming Harder Than Microsoft.net Programming by blacksta(m): 6:58pm On May 06, 2009
decworld:

pls can any body tell me any good programming textbook on java, .net,visual basic,fortran.i need it urgently.pls call 08066258416 or mail  me   decworld4sure2008@yahoo.com  THANKS AND GOD BLESS [color=#000099][/color][i][/i][b][/b][s][/s][img][/img]

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-263127.0.html

please visit the above links for java textbooks - dont forget to leave a thank you.
Re: Is Java Programming Harder Than Microsoft.net Programming by decworld1: 10:55am On May 08, 2009
anybody good in programming should call or mail me to decworld@ymail.com or +2348066258416
Re: Is Java Programming Harder Than Microsoft.net Programming by macmike: 9:19am On May 12, 2009
I am appalled by the language and tone i see here - if you are a professional or even a serious mediocre programmer you certainly wouldn't be talking like this.
Anyway going back to the question. Personally I don't think Java is harder than .NET (i.e C Sharp), it's all about what language you are acquainted to. In my experience people tend to stick with the language they used as a base for learning programming. And if you can program in Java, programming in C/J Sharp shouldn't be so much of a headache as the syntax is almost the same.

Hope this helps.
Re: Is Java Programming Harder Than Microsoft.net Programming by DrLorenz1(m): 11:56am On May 12, 2009
@nolongTing

The question is this: Can a code be converted to sound? I don't know if you understand, but holler back and i'll try to explain more.

Thanks.
Re: Is Java Programming Harder Than Microsoft.net Programming by DrLorenz1(m): 12:12pm On May 12, 2009
@Ghenghis

U asked for the question, so let me here your own answer too.
Re: Is Java Programming Harder Than Microsoft.net Programming by Ghenghis(m): 5:10pm On May 12, 2009
Dr. Lorenz:

@Ghenghis

U asked for the question, so let me here your own answer too.

Off the top of my head I'd say yes.
I'm not very much into multimedia programming ,

but I'm aware that the information(code) is in a quantized format hence the sound also has to be quantized however sound by nature is analog ,
this is the stuff sound codecs and the likes are made.

More details please ,
Re: Is Java Programming Harder Than Microsoft.net Programming by emmlaura(m): 6:31pm On May 12, 2009
HEY linxon. i see you are really loaded. would you mind being my mentor, i really need someone to learn from. i just started a packedge in software programming. and like to have someone like you help me. my email address is fingers794@yahoo.com, incase you wish too honour my request. hoping to hear from you soon.
Re: Is Java Programming Harder Than Microsoft.net Programming by A40(m): 2:24am On May 13, 2009
Java is not that harder its all about getting the fundamental concepts if you don't grab that then chances are you might never know Java but .NET is probably quicker to learn but not necessarily simpler
Re: Is Java Programming Harder Than Microsoft.net Programming by Koye4sshow(m): 9:39am On May 13, 2009
Hey!!! Nothing is really hard. It depends on the spirit with which you approach it. Guess you now understand that .NET is just a platform and you have stuff like C#.NET, VB.NET. The choice you will make in the end really depends on what you want to do with what you are learning, cos some languages are better suited to some things than others. Find out what exactly you want to do, and find a language that is well suited to that kind of application. I write C#.NET, and I think its the best language since - man landed on the moon (my own opinion OH!!!). I have a friend who writes Java and he thinks that every other language is plain and simple English. So Make a choice. All the best.
Re: Is Java Programming Harder Than Microsoft.net Programming by nolongTing: 1:33pm On May 15, 2009
Dr. Lorenz:

@nolongTing

The question is this: Can a code be converted to sound? I don't know if you understand, but holler back and i'll try to explain more.

Thanks.

It will probably involve writing a parser to do some mapping - a Linguist would be handy grin grin grin But yes by all means tell me more Dr Lorenz
Re: Is Java Programming Harder Than Microsoft.net Programming by DrLorenz1(m): 2:05pm On May 15, 2009
@nolongTing

Looks like the more answer i get, the more confused i become. First of all, what is a parser? I've actually come across it somewhere, but can't remember. So more light on that please. And mapping? I don't think we're talking about Geography here are we? grin grin

@Ghenghis

Quantized? More confusion! grin. Don't get me wrong, i have a little idea of what you're talking about, but i guess the terms is what am not. Since sound by nature is analog, and code is digital, is that why sound has to be quantized? So as to convert it to digital?

@both of you

Let's put my question in another way: Can code be embedded in sound? In which case, the code will work independently and with the sound?
Re: Is Java Programming Harder Than Microsoft.net Programming by lekside44(m): 3:52pm On May 15, 2009
i need someone who is good in active x programming/ control. pls mail me at lekside44@yahoo.co.uk thanks
Re: Is Java Programming Harder Than Microsoft.net Programming by nolongTing: 7:24pm On May 15, 2009
@Dr Lorenz, Oh that's so funny!  grin grin grin cheesy smiley well, I was using some basic computer science terminology so I take it you have not studied for a cs degree  grin grin grin grin But now I can see what you mean. Well, you strike me as an inventor who is looking for answers am I wrong? I know what the answer is though.
Re: Is Java Programming Harder Than Microsoft.net Programming by DrLorenz1(m): 6:48pm On May 18, 2009
@nolongTing

Oh really now? What do you mean av not studied for a cs degree? Am embarassed. I know a lot of thing most cs degree holders in Naija don't know grin grin. Like i said, i've come across the word before . Anyway, u say i strike you as an inventor? Hmnnn *thinking*.

I wouldn't say and inventor per say, but you could say i've got lots of ideas in my head that sometimes i just wish it'd come to reality by merely thinking it grin. Oh i am looking for answers surely. U said you know the answer? Please do tell i pray thee grin grin grin

BTW, where's Ghenghis? And you didn't answer my question. Thanks for replying me. I do look forward to another reply,

Ciao, Au revior,
Re: Is Java Programming Harder Than Microsoft.net Programming by nolongTing: 7:07pm On May 18, 2009
Dr. Lorenz:

@nolongTing

Oh really now? What do you mean av not studied for a cs degree? Am  embarassed. I know a lot of thing most cs degree holders in Naija don't know grin grin. Like i said, i've come across the word before . Anyway, u say i strike you as an inventor? Hmnnn *thinking*.

I wouldn't say and inventor per say, but you could say i've got lots of ideas in my head that sometimes i just wish it'd come to reality by merely thinking it  grin. Oh i am looking for answers surely. U said you know the answer? Please do tell i pray thee  grin grin grin

BTW, where's Ghenghis? And you didn't answer my question. Thanks for replying me. I do look forward to another reply,

Ciao, Au revior,

Hey Dr? Keep praying for me grin grin grin grin you like to pick brains don't you  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Well, its a good question but your question is quite ambiguous, so let me ask two simple counter-questions:

1. What type of sound? Music, speech? Nature? Or Any Sound?
2. What is your overall aim?  For example do you want to use sound to control something (Control System)

look forward to hearing from you
Re: Is Java Programming Harder Than Microsoft.net Programming by DrLorenz1(m): 4:59pm On May 19, 2009
nolongTing:

Hey Dr? Keep praying for me grin grin grin grin you like to pick brains don't you  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Well, its a good question but your question is quite ambiguous, so let me ask two simple counter-questions:

1. What type of sound? Music, speech? Nature? Or Any Sound?
2. What is your overall aim?  For example do you want to use sound to control something (Control System)

look forward to hearing from you

Hey! Y should i keep praying for you? Tu est malade? grin grin Perhaps you have a la tete grin grin. Pick brains? Ah, i only asked a question o. Like you said, its a good question and one you didn't give me answer for. shocked shocked

To answer your questions,
1. Its any sound actually, but specifically music. Y'know, like in music production. Strings, Percussion etc etc
2. I like this one, My overall aim is to create a simple program and embed it in a single sound. Chi ke na! grin grin

I think we have to talk for you to really understand. U're gonna love what i've got in mind. Anyway, tell me what you think.

Ciao, au revior,
Re: Is Java Programming Harder Than Microsoft.net Programming by nolongTing: 7:19pm On May 19, 2009
Dr. Lorenz:

Hey! Y should i keep praying for you? Tu est malade? grin grin Perhaps you have a la tete  grin grin. Pick brains? Ah, i only asked a question o. Like you said, its a good question and one you didn't give me answer for.  shocked shocked

To answer your questions,
1. Its any sound actually, but specifically music. Y'know, like in music production. Strings, Percussion etc etc
2. I like this one, My overall aim is to create a simple program and embed it in a single sound. Chi ke na!  grin grin

I think we have to talk for you to really understand. U're gonna love what i've got in mind. Anyway, tell me what you think.

Ciao, au revior,

Hey Dr Lorenz, Você manequim!,  grin cheesy wink smiley Ok! oh well sound is Analogue (continuous waves) and computers are digital (discrete) so this means you will need a software/hardware solution.  You will need to interface an ADC (Analogue to Digital Converter) to the sound (input) then you can make use of the reading - output signal.  ADCs and DACs can be programmed usually in Hardware code like MIPs (very labourious) or something like that.  Some can also be programmed in C but when it comes to which one or models, I don't know. Any way that's my opinion, could be wrong, good luck!
Re: Is Java Programming Harder Than Microsoft.net Programming by DrLorenz1(m): 2:45pm On May 21, 2009
nolongTing:

Hey Dr Lorenz, Você manequim!,  grin cheesy wink smiley Ok! oh well sound is Analogue (continuous waves) and computers are digital (discrete) so this means you will need a software/hardware solution.  You will need to interface an ADC (Analogue to Digital Converter) to the sound (input) then you can make use of the reading - output signal.  ADCs and DACs can be programmed usually in Hardware code like MIPs (very labourious) or something like that.  Some can also be programmed in C but when it comes to which one or models, I don't know. Any way that's my opinion, could be wrong, good luck!

U speak French? That's cool. Wonder how many things you know. Anyway, its like my little project is becoming quite laborious to you. I thought it was a small thing before o. I thought you could help me out here but it looks like u can't grin. Let me ask you a few,

1. Sound being played in a pc can't be regarded as digital?
2. Is there no simpler way of just embedding the program in the sound? It can be a software solution, since you already have the pc.

I need an answer, i know its possible, so lets work this thing out together, except of course you're no more in the mood for this challenge. I used to think programmers and software developers LIVE for challenges. Hit me back,

Ciao, au revior,
Re: Is Java Programming Harder Than Microsoft.net Programming by Kobojunkie: 3:38pm On May 21, 2009
http://developer.apple.com/documentation/mac/sound/Sound-56.html

It is definitely possible @Dr Lorenz. May I ask what you want to build this for?
Re: Is Java Programming Harder Than Microsoft.net Programming by Ghenghis(m): 11:26pm On May 21, 2009
MIDI is a digitized format that works with instruments ,

are you thinking voice recognition or commands, its definitely possible

you'd have to have a A/D converter which might simply be a device like the microphone, digitized signals can then be made to trigger instructions.

This is all theory, though the concept works well in mobile phones that do voice dialing.

, or is it security equipment, like an alarm triggered based on auditory signals ?
Re: Is Java Programming Harder Than Microsoft.net Programming by DrLorenz1(m): 6:47pm On May 22, 2009
Thank you for the link @Kobojunkie. Although i couldn't understand a damn word that was said lol. You see, I don't really want to build it myself considering the fact that i can't program. Perhaps you guys could do it for me grin. To answer your question, the idea is to program a code in a sound or perhaps set of sounds that will stop a particular action from taking place. Does that help? Let me know,

@Ghenghis
Am not thinking of voice recognition or commands, or security equipment. Rather like i explained above, it's about embedding a program in a sound to stop an action from taking place.

@Kobojunkie and Ghenghis
Let me have your email addresses please.
Re: Is Java Programming Harder Than Microsoft.net Programming by nolongTing: 11:02pm On May 22, 2009
Dr. Lorenz:

U speak French? That's cool. Wonder how many things you know. Anyway, its like my little project is becoming quite laborious to you. I thought it was a small thing before o. I thought you could help me out here but it looks like u can't  grin. Let me ask you a few,

1. Sound being played in a pc can't be regarded as digital?
2. Is there no simpler way of just embedding the program in the sound? It can be a software solution, since you already have the pc.

I need an answer, i know its possible, so lets work this thing out together, except of course you're no more in the mood for this challenge. I used to think programmers and software developers LIVE for challenges. Hit me back,

Ciao, au revior,

phew! what can I say? well, @Ghenghis is talking about A/D converters and @Kobojunkie provided a link to parsing sound.  I mentioned both as solutions in my previous posts, so take your pick  grin cheesy wink smiley good luck with the project.  smiley wink cheesy grin
Re: Is Java Programming Harder Than Microsoft.net Programming by DrLorenz1(m): 2:25pm On May 23, 2009
Alright @nolonTing. But somehow, i don't think it will be as daunting as that. I mean using the ADC and stuff. Perhaps i should say what the project is right? grin
Re: Is Java Programming Harder Than Microsoft.net Programming by Kobojunkie: 3:09pm On May 23, 2009
I just hope this is not about installing some spyware to steal data from user's machine when the sound is played.
Re: Is Java Programming Harder Than Microsoft.net Programming by DrLorenz1(m): 7:00pm On May 23, 2009
Kobojunkie:

I just hope this is not about installing some spyware to steal data from user's machine when the sound is played.

Nah, am not that kind of person. My ideas are strictly commercial and educational. So u wanna give it to me or not?
Re: Is Java Programming Harder Than Microsoft.net Programming by Kobojunkie: 11:41pm On May 23, 2009
My email is my moniker at Gmail.
Re: Is Java Programming Harder Than Microsoft.net Programming by DrLorenz1(m): 5:08pm On May 27, 2009
Okay thanks Kobojunkie, i've sent you the email. grin
Re: Is Java Programming Harder Than Microsoft.net Programming by Kobojunkie: 9:19pm On May 27, 2009
What email did you send it to?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Hardest Topic You Encountered While Learning Any Programming Language? / How To Build And Design A Mobile Application Like 2go, Whatsapp, Mixit / Can A Nigeria Programmer Afford A Range Rover Sport?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.