Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,058 members, 7,866,990 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 09:18 AM

Help My Public Speaking Skills Get Better!!! - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Help My Public Speaking Skills Get Better!!! (707 Views)

Start A Career In Public Speaking / How To Start A Career In Public Speaking In Nigeria / Public Speaking As A Career (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Help My Public Speaking Skills Get Better!!! by engrrichie92(m): 6:07am On Oct 10, 2015
Wont say i have public speaking phobia per say, but i know im not functioning @ my peak when it comes to communication skills(public speaking and writing) especially public speaking
I am that kind of guy that speaks perfectly when am alone and trying to practice for whatever speaking engagements but when it's time to come on stage, even if the audience is just one person... i tend to stutter and lose my coherence(you know that feeling when what comes out of your mouth makes you feel less intelligent that you are)
I have always thought this would resolve itself naturally with my expanding vocabularies.. but the issue till lingers
I feel and know i can be better than this and fear that if i dont consciously try to fix this, it may affect me adversely, loosing opportunities along the way

Please kindly recommend books and courses to help me overcome this and get better
Advice and useful tips would also be appreciated. Thanks
Re: Help My Public Speaking Skills Get Better!!! by alegbeleye(m): 6:51am On Oct 10, 2015
I'm also having same problem Bro; the thing is that try attending drama classes, be more engaged in youth programs and don't forget the type of friends you hang out with also matters.

1 Like

Re: Help My Public Speaking Skills Get Better!!! by engrrichie92(m): 9:52am On Oct 11, 2015
alegbeleye:
I'm also having same problem Bro; the thing is that try attending drama classes, be more engaged in youth programs and don't forget the type of friends you hang out with also matters.
thanks bro

(1) (Reply)

How To Get The Job When You Are Underqualified / See The Secret Of Those In Cultism And Their Ruined End / He Is Confused Pls Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.