Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,880 members, 7,862,964 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 09:53 AM

Here's Why You Should NEVER Post A Photo Of Your Boarding Pass Online - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Here's Why You Should NEVER Post A Photo Of Your Boarding Pass Online (510 Views)

Driver And Passengers Fall In A Ditch While Trying To Pass A Bad Road. Photos / Girl Comes Under Fire After Showing Off Her Panties In A Photo Posted Online.see / Never Post These 10 Things On Social Media! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Here's Why You Should NEVER Post A Photo Of Your Boarding Pass Online by rummeh: 6:15am On Oct 10, 2015
You ought to mull over posting photos of your ticket to Facebook or Instagram.

As Brian Krebs, who composes for the very much respected cybersecurity news site Krebs on Security, composed on Tuesday, the standardized identifications found on tickets are crammed with data about you. Also, you needn't bother with any extravagant gear to peruse them.

Unraveling a standardized tag is as simple as transferring a picture of it to a free online scanner tag peruser.

Standardized tags on tickets, Krebs composes, can incorporate your full name, your flight record discoverer, your landing and takeoff airplane terminals, the carrier you're flying, and your continuous flier number.

This data may not solid that energizing. A lot of this data could be discovered composed out on the ticket.

Yet, it's what you can do with this data that is upsetting.

Krebs transfers a story from a peruser why should capable utilize a photo of his companion's ticket from a Lufthansa flight to get data that gave him access to his companion's record on the Lufthansa site. "Could I see this one flight, as well as I could see ANY future flights that were occupied to his incessant flier number from the Star Organization together," this individual told Krebs.

As Krebs notes, once you have admittance to the record, where you can change seats and scratch off future flights, you can likewise start to reset data identified with somebody's incessant flier account.

I was effortlessly ready to gather a lot of this data only from pictures of tickets that individuals had transferred to Instagram utilizing the hashtag #boardingpass.

I discovered a few photographs of tickets that plainly demonstrated the scanner tag, took screen-shots of them, and transferred them to In-light Research's standardized tag peruser. I didn't need to modify or pivot the photographs by any stretch of the imagination — inside of seconds the scanner tag peruser decoded the data for me.

On the off chance that you have a printed ticket, the best thing to do would be to clutch it and after that shred it when you can.

What's more, obviously, don't post pictures of it on the web.

(1) (Reply)

Prophesy Fulfilled / A New Element Has Been Discovered. Guess What it Is? / This One Ferry Will Decongest 3mb Of 2000 Cars Per Day!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.