Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,833 members, 7,813,780 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:12 PM

Travellers!... How Do You Deal With Plane Turbulents During Flight? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travellers!... How Do You Deal With Plane Turbulents During Flight? (1508 Views)

Christmas Road Travellers,how Much Is The Fare? / Pilot Who Couldn't Make It To Church On Sunday Does This During Flight. Photos / 10 Reasons Why Travellers Are Turned Back Or Refused Entry At The Port Of Entry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Travellers!... How Do You Deal With Plane Turbulents During Flight? by Venerable612(m): 8:32am On Oct 10, 2015
My Horrible Experience

Wow.... All I can say is Thank God.

I was travelling for the first time 8th October during the night to Manchester through Amsterdam, and then we started to experience this heavy turbulent.

Immediately... I started calling Jesus Jesus!... Funnily... the Guy(man) beside me... was busy Snoring.. and the Oyinbo dude close to the window adjacent to me was Fast asleep(na so he even open mouth down) Unconcerned.

First I thought it was normal as I have read flight experiences here on Nairaland and other sites. Reality began to dawn on me when the Hair hostess abi na Host(i no even know in name) annouced that every when should fasten His/her seat belt. O boy...see as fear grip me.

I sey...so na true sey..."ti omode ba de ibi eru, eru a ba( if small pikin rich were fear dey... fear go catch am)

As i just look through the Flight tracking... I see sey we dey on top the mediterrenean sea.

What came into my mind was just to start asking for forgiveness of sins.... chai!... (all the bad tin wey i don do oo) praying fervently...

One of the hostess noticing my uncommonly fear... decided to scope me with a near-death life. In a dustch accent..she said.." Sorry sir, is this your first flight" ... I sey Yes... "She said oh.. its just a minor THUNDERSTORM, the plane can take it".

Mehn..as she land finish I sey... Thunderstorm Minor?... wey i dey see lightning for window like this?...

But God be praised... After about 3 hours of the turbulence.. We arrived Amsterdam.

I just give all the Glory for the Journey mercies.

througly... if the Lord does not watch over the city, the watchmen worketh in Vain.

Kudos...to KLM airways... they are truly good.

@Justwise and other dudes who helped with advice at the Uk section. Thanks y'all ... We all succeed together.

So travellers... share your experiences.. and how you deal with it?
Mods... over to you

1 Like

Re: Travellers!... How Do You Deal With Plane Turbulents During Flight? by IamRespected: 8:58am On Oct 10, 2015
Lol, ekpele oo, atleast that airliner is nice, by the time you come to local airlines here in Nigeria that means na die u dy grin

1 Like

Re: Travellers!... How Do You Deal With Plane Turbulents During Flight? by Nobody: 9:09am On Oct 10, 2015
"She said oh.. its just a minor
THUNDERSTORM, the plane can take it"

Try ARIK.. Na beg u go beg pilot make him park so u go come down

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travellers!... How Do You Deal With Plane Turbulents During Flight? by Nobody: 11:45am On Oct 10, 2015
Omoh, if you're in the air nothing you can do. Crashes're one of the few risks of flying so prepare your mind to die anytime.

In a situation of turbulence try your best to relax because panicking would only spread hysteria among other passengers. Personally if I was on that flight I would've laughed at your frantic efforts to make peace with God; when a man's time has reached, it has reached. The turbulence might pass but you can panic your way into a heart attack which is even worse.

1 Like

Re: Travellers!... How Do You Deal With Plane Turbulents During Flight? by Lucasbalo(m): 5:05pm On Oct 10, 2015
charix:
Omoh, if you're in the air nothing you can do. Crashes're one of the few risks of flying so prepare your mind to die anytime.

In a situation of turbulence try your best to relax because panicking would only spread hysteria among other passengers. Personally if I was on that flight I would've laughed at your frantic efforts to make peace with God; when a man's time has reached, it has reached. The turbulence might pass but you can panic your way into a heart attack which is even worse.
Turbulence is part of flying. You just pray that it will soon be over. I have been in countless of them and after that you will get used to it.

1 Like

Re: Travellers!... How Do You Deal With Plane Turbulents During Flight? by Nobody: 7:43pm On Oct 10, 2015
Flight oooo
Re: Travellers!... How Do You Deal With Plane Turbulents During Flight? by tpiander: 8:25pm On Oct 10, 2015
how are you supposed to deal with it?
Re: Travellers!... How Do You Deal With Plane Turbulents During Flight? by Nobody: 4:05am On Oct 11, 2015
Plane crash by turbulence aren't frequent. So i simply enjoy the inflight movie or sleep-off
But for Naija flying molue hell-no.
I try to capture the mood of the airhostess to ascertain if all is well

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travellers!... How Do You Deal With Plane Turbulents During Flight? by Miami11: 8:04am On Oct 11, 2015
Reminds me one day I grabbed a young white gals arm in freaking out,

Small planes are even worse,
Re: Travellers!... How Do You Deal With Plane Turbulents During Flight? by iguita: 5:58pm On Oct 12, 2015
True talk. The larger the plane, the smoother it handles turbulence, they are part of the flying experience. If I tell you my experience with Dana, na him make me begin get aerophobia. I simply try to take my mind off the turbulence, if I were watching a movie, I'd pause it, rest my head and close my eyes. I have encountered enough turbulence, ,on killed me.... so it's not in my power, na god hand we dey. I'm going to Seoul via Cairo and China, I don dey prepare myself for 21 hours in the air
Miami11:
Reminds me one day I grabbed a young white gals arm in freaking out,

Small planes are even worse,
Re: Travellers!... How Do You Deal With Plane Turbulents During Flight? by claremont(m): 6:20pm On Oct 12, 2015
I have a sadistic way of looking at it; no matter how much I get frightened about it, my fright is not going to take away the turbulence. If the plane is going to crash, there is nothing I can do to stop it. If the plane does crash, there is nothing I can do to determine the outcome of my life or death.

So I just chill and order some more red wine. grin

4 Likes

Re: Travellers!... How Do You Deal With Plane Turbulents During Flight? by winetapper: 3:38pm On Oct 13, 2015
grayht:
"She said oh.. its just a minor
THUNDERSTORM, the plane can take it"

Try ARIK.. Na beg u go beg pilot make him park so u go come down
make e park you na moule grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travellers!... How Do You Deal With Plane Turbulents During Flight? by Miami11: 2:07am On Oct 14, 2015
I recently had a very horrible experience with Emirates

This particular plane plunged down about 7 foot, followed by a sudden silence in the cockpit, you could hear a pin drop,

Then suddenly people were shouting Allah, God! In various languages, I thought it was the end, I was real calm and prepared to meet my maker

Suddenly this pilot got on the intercom and laughed apologizing, damn, people were almost dying in panic

1 Like

Re: Travellers!... How Do You Deal With Plane Turbulents During Flight? by Nobody: 8:16am On Oct 14, 2015
blackchukky:
Plane crash by turbulence aren't frequent. So i simply enjoy the inflight movie or sleep-off
But for Naija flying molue hell-no.
I try to capture the mood of the airhostess to ascertain if all is well

OMG! I think say na only me dey do am ooo.

I do this on all flights. International and local and most of the times, if not all, they (the air hostesses) are as calm as a cucumber while I'm dying of heart attack.

I hate flying as much as I love it. If that makes any sense. grin
Re: Travellers!... How Do You Deal With Plane Turbulents During Flight? by omoharry(f): 9:51am On Oct 15, 2015
I dont like flying at all except i don't have a choice. Please oo i need your help, i want to travel to Port Harcout, which line is more safe to travel with..i tries calling ABC BUT my calls are being rejected..i dont like to enter a vehicle with a reckless driver especially when it involve such a long distance....please can any one prefer a standard line if possible a LINES THAT USE SIENNA CAR to PORT HARCOUT.
Re: Travellers!... How Do You Deal With Plane Turbulents During Flight? by happney65: 10:07am On Oct 15, 2015
Thunder fire all the Mods here if they dont move this to FP..For those of us wey dey travel soon..Oya naa grin
Re: Travellers!... How Do You Deal With Plane Turbulents During Flight? by otokx(m): 4:07am On Oct 16, 2015
Miami11:
I recently had a very horrible experience with Emirates

This particular plane plunged down about 7 foot, followed by a sudden silence in the cockpit, you could hear a pin drop,

Then suddenly people were shouting Allah, God! In various languages, I thought it was the end, I was real calm and prepared to meet my maker

Suddenly this pilot got on the intercom and laughed apologizing, damn, people were almost dying in panic

Shows that we humans are generally the same.

(1) (Reply)

Trailer Accident At Ikotun Area Of Lagos State (photos) / See Morroco See Spain...see Libya See Italy...its About Life Or Died Part 2 / Relocating To USA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.