Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,612 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:13 PM

How To Use Xampp For Forum Creation - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How To Use Xampp For Forum Creation (1226 Views)

Looking For Forum Poster / Need For Forum Creators / I Need Sms Alert Or Notification For Forum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Use Xampp For Forum Creation by nytrozd: 5:06pm On Apr 24, 2009
hi guys i want to setup a forum but i find it hard to do so ,i asked seun he said i should use xampp but i dont know how to use it,i told him he said i should create a topic on it here.
plsssssssssssss help.i am despirate i have been on this forum project for 3 days and now 2 nights plsssssssssssssssss help me out.javascript:void(0);
Re: How To Use Xampp For Forum Creation by biggjoe(m): 1:40am On Apr 25, 2009
I cant understand exactly what XAMP will do differently for you on forum creation.

if you wish to set up a forum like SMF.

Just go to smf website, download the zip version.

unzip it, then upload the folder into your webhost's root folder (for that u have to use file transfer client like WS_FTP or filezilla etc) and then after uploading all folder contents type your domain name/instal.php on your browser

that will launch the installation file where you will need to input things like your database host,password, etc.

you have to make sure however that while uploading that the smf folder structure is intact.

I think your host will supply you with all those details or your must have created them yourself using their cpanel.

Did i make any sense at all?
Re: How To Use Xampp For Forum Creation by Nobody: 1:18pm On Apr 25, 2009
The simplest and easiest way to do this is making use Fantastisco if it's comes with your hosting account fantastisco will install the smf scripts for you

(1) (Reply)

A Survey Chart Built With Dojo / Get Ur 100% Free ".com" Domain For Your Blog/website Here / Really Is Zoom Network Back With Good Qaulity Service As Huawei Partners Zoom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.