Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,719 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:09 PM

Headies: "MI - King James" Deserve Lyricist On The Roll - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Headies: "MI - King James" Deserve Lyricist On The Roll (931 Views)

Next Rated Award Winners At The Headies Since 2006 / Nigerian Artistes Don't Deserve A Grammy - Hiptv CEO, Ayo Animashaun / Top Five Hiphop Lyricist In Nigeria Right Now-Opinion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Headies: "MI - King James" Deserve Lyricist On The Roll by Nobody: 11:24am On Oct 10, 2015
About last year, my friend whom was nominated for the Headies told me artist do pay a lot for headies nomination and the award it self, and told me who was going to win the category, and in-deed, the artist won it. in other words Headies does not have integrity and politics/corruption plays a big role in the Awards show.

Well I did not take it as he said.....But when this years nominees were released, I was surprised about a few things.

MI - Album was on of the most successful albums that came out from Nigeria within the last year, it was also the most anticipated album within the last year, but the only Nomination it got was "Best Rap Album" mean while albums I never knew they exist were in "Best album"

If you ask me out of all the albums in Both categories I've only heard 'Baba hafusa' and 'The Chairman' and I can tell you that 'The Chairman' could had been MI worst album of his 3 albums but its way better than 'Baba Hafusa'. So if 'Baba Hafusa' was in "Best album" category, 'The Chairman' suppose to be there!

With that, I'm judging based on the rest of the albums being non-relevant, because I've not heard them. So my conclusion might be a bit biased. Okay, forget this one.

Now for the category "lyricist On The Roll", with the title of the category, you know what you are expecting, The nominees are:

1. Ill Bliss – Bank Alert (remix) Feat. Ice Prince,
Eva Alordiah & Phyno
2. Vector – King Kong
3. Reminisce – Baba Hafusa
4. G.O.D – T.R

I've heard all these songs over and over again, now tell me which of those songs deserve the award more than 'MI - King James?'

Initially I thought the song did not fall under the year of review, the year of review is 'July 2014 - June 2015', 'MI - King james' was released August 2014.

I then thought if its because it does not have a video, but many other songs nominated did not have a video including 'Bank alert remix' (only the original song had'

Please help me ask headies, how those songs had more lyric on the roll than king James that it was not nominated? Or maybe I'm the one taking the issue to far and need to understand something, so someone should explain to me. If not, I will have to believe awards are paid for.

(1) (Reply)

Please, Help Me Out With The Artist Name Of This Song / New Radio Station In Lagos 98.50fm / Found The Best Rapper In Nigeria Today!!!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.