Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,676 members, 7,809,571 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:24 AM

Nigerian Artistes Don't Deserve A Grammy - Hiptv CEO, Ayo Animashaun - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Nigerian Artistes Don't Deserve A Grammy - Hiptv CEO, Ayo Animashaun (23338 Views)

Why Davido Has Never Been Nominated For A Grammy / 7 Nigerian Artistes That Have Better Lyrics Than Davido And Wizkid / 4 Dope Comeback Songs By Nigerian Artistes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Artistes Don't Deserve A Grammy - Hiptv CEO, Ayo Animashaun by EmagNig(m): 11:47am On May 05, 2018
HipTV CEO and the organizer of the popular Headies awards, Ayo Animashaun, has made a statement on the Grammy Awards and according to him, Nigerians artistes don't deserve to win the popular Award show in America.

In a recent interview with Tribune, when Ayo Animashaun was asked what is limiting Nigerian music from winning the Grammys, he said:

“I really don’t understand why Nigerians want to win the Grammys. Grammys are not for us, but for Americans. We should get that right. They put everybody in one world music category. We are not their focus. It is not for us. Yes, we can win awards, but they do not show us the way they run the award category during the show. .

I think we should make our own awards, our own Grammy and I would say it any day that the Grammy is not for us. They have built something big for themselves. Let them come and win awards in Nigeria or Africa.

We don’t celebrate our own things. It’s just a shame. I have been to the Grammys many times and I don’t see many African artistes. They don’t particularly care because they recognise, mainly, their industry. They don’t know you exist. .

You go there taking pictures with them and when you are taking pictures with them, the guy is already looking somewhere else. See all the artistes that paid for international collaboration. What happened? .

They collect your money and they don’t want to come back. They don’t want to collaborate with you. And you know what? You will make so much money here if you really work hard and you will be known in the whole of Africa. .

Build your own. If I tell a sponsor now that we should take five artistes to the Grammy awards, they would be ready to do that but when it comes to Headies, we will be begging for sponsorship. .

Grammy is not our thing. Let’s do our thing. Let’s make it big and fantastatic. Why do you want to win Grammy. There is no World Cup for music.”

https://lailasnews.com/nigerian-artistes-dont-deserve-a-grammy-hiptv-ceo-ayo-animashaun/

74 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Nigerian Artistes Don't Deserve A Grammy - Hiptv CEO, Ayo Animashaun by NwaAmaikpe: 11:48am On May 05, 2018
shocked

Neither do the folks who buy your Headies award deserve it.

The Grammy isn't just for the Americans. You're wrong Ayo; it is for all deserving good musicians irrespective of clime or genre.

Nigerian artistes deserve the Grammy and even more if they merit it. Sadly, such folks don't even get nominated on your fake Headies.

115 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigerian Artistes Don't Deserve A Grammy - Hiptv CEO, Ayo Animashaun by mavinjay1(m): 12:21pm On May 05, 2018
He removed Nonso Amadi from the headies.. How will he do that kin thing to my guy?

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Artistes Don't Deserve A Grammy - Hiptv CEO, Ayo Animashaun by kolawoleibukun: 12:27pm On May 05, 2018
I agree!
The only artist that can or should get a grammy in Nigeria is (Femi) The Kuti's. Fela should get one given to his family for his achievements. He is the Quincy Jones or Beethoven of Naija.

ALL THESE THEM WIZKID AND OTHERS ARE SMELLING WATERS. APART FROM THE KUTI, TUFACE WAS THE CLOSEST TO ANY GRAMMY BUT TRUTH BE TOLD EVEN TUFACE WASN'T GOOD ENOUGH. NA HYPE AND TITLE OF A STOLEN SONG CARRY AM REACH THAT LEVEL.
GIVE IT UP FOR THE KUTI ABEG. ORIGINAL NO DAY WASH. THESE GUYS ARE GENUISES. THEY PLAY DIFFERENT INSTRUMENTS, ARRANGE THEIR MUSIC, WRITE THEIR OWN MATERIALS AND STILL GOT THE VOCALS TO DELIVER. ORIGINALITY IS A GIFT THAT CAN ALWAYS BE POLISHED.

WHEN YOU LISTEN TO PEOPLE LIKE ANGELIQUE KIDJO AND WATCH HER PERFORM, YOU GO UNDERSTAND. WE NO GET ARTIST.

THE REASON WHY PSQUARE DEM BLOW LIKE THIS THEM GET TALENT TO DANCE. AND THEIR PRODUCERS GET COMMERCIAL QUALITY.

I APPRECIATE ALL NIGERIAN ARTISTS OH, BUT I NO GO SUPPORT MEDIOCRITY BECAUSE THE NEXT GENERATION NO GO GET SENSE. WHAT FELA GAVE US, WIZKID IS STILL TAPPING FROM FELA. DAVIDO IS STILL TAPING. THEY CANNOT TAP FROM THEMSELVES BECAUSE NOTHING DAY THERE. YOU SEE?

GUYS ABEG MAKE UNA SUPPORT THE KUTIs. THEY ARE THE LAST OF THEIR KIND FOR 9JA OH.

120 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Nigerian Artistes Don't Deserve A Grammy - Hiptv CEO, Ayo Animashaun by Sezua(m): 12:28pm On May 05, 2018
STFU. The people you give headies to what are they singing?

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian Artistes Don't Deserve A Grammy - Hiptv CEO, Ayo Animashaun by Bombiday(m): 12:28pm On May 05, 2018
He didn't say they don't deserve it, he said it isn't meant for them, why misquote him to sensationalize the headline? Wizkid, Timaya, and a few others have been nominated in the past so them no born am well make e talk say Nigerian artists no deserve am.
By the way, the dude runs an award show that he likes to brand as the Nigerian Grammys so what do you really expect him to say

83 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Nigerian Artistes Don't Deserve A Grammy - Hiptv CEO, Ayo Animashaun by LZAA: 12:30pm On May 05, 2018
EmagNig:
HipTV CEO and the organizer of the popular Headies awards, Ayo Animashaun, has made a statement on the Grammy Awards and according to him, Nigerians artistes don't deserve to win the popular Award show in America.

In a recent interview with Tribune, when Ayo Animashaun was asked what is limiting Nigerian music from winning the Grammys, he said:

https://lailasnews.com/nigerian-artistes-dont-deserve-a-grammy-hiptv-ceo-ayo-animashaun/

tbf he's actually correct
but str8 to the point nobody wee give u a grammy for a song with horrible lyrics

14 Likes

Re: Nigerian Artistes Don't Deserve A Grammy - Hiptv CEO, Ayo Animashaun by themonk(m): 12:30pm On May 05, 2018
I don't think nigerian artists deserve a Grammy but it's for a different reason though. My reason being that their lyrics are utilmately garbage. Most with nice lyrics have bad songs and most with bad lyrics have good songs. Infact it seems like nigeria is a big market for garbage lyrics.

It's also worthy of note that there are people in the US whose lyrics are inferior and even though they are big stars they haven't won any Grammy because of that an example is rick ross and no star in nigeria has a single song with lyrics that touches any of rick ross' song. This shows you how inferior our music has come to be.

They only way a nigerian would deserve a Grammy award is if they go back to the era of Fela, Osadebe and other legendary artists with reasonable song whose art form are almost completely dead in nigeria.

44 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerian Artistes Don't Deserve A Grammy - Hiptv CEO, Ayo Animashaun by phranklyn92(m): 12:30pm On May 05, 2018
I concur... I mean who in his right senses would vote 'flora my flawa' to win a grammy grin
By the way
Today is my birthday!!! Yay! Show me some love!
cheesy wink

49 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerian Artistes Don't Deserve A Grammy - Hiptv CEO, Ayo Animashaun by DrObum(m): 12:30pm On May 05, 2018
I love the Pan African mindset.

9 Likes

Re: Nigerian Artistes Don't Deserve A Grammy - Hiptv CEO, Ayo Animashaun by EagleScribes: 12:31pm On May 05, 2018
Well said.....

Appreciate your own, appreciate what you've got. All we need is a better organisation, presentation and lack of sentiments.

On the other hand, African and Nigerian artistes need to improve on their music qualities. It is not just about flaunting nudes, money and drugs as music video

If you know, you know

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Artistes Don't Deserve A Grammy - Hiptv CEO, Ayo Animashaun by BiggerbossAmani(m): 12:31pm On May 05, 2018
Tribalism loading
Re: Nigerian Artistes Don't Deserve A Grammy - Hiptv CEO, Ayo Animashaun by lankieman: 12:31pm On May 05, 2018
It's a mental fixation the blacks has to deal with. Always wanting to determine their way of life/progress by European and American standards; what you'll never see the Asians do. It's a pity.

37 Likes

Re: Nigerian Artistes Don't Deserve A Grammy - Hiptv CEO, Ayo Animashaun by Nobody: 12:31pm On May 05, 2018
Shut the fvck up

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Artistes Don't Deserve A Grammy - Hiptv CEO, Ayo Animashaun by Navalsadiq(m): 12:31pm On May 05, 2018
But 2face deserves a grammy.but Mr CEO do not forget their music has made you who you are so you also do not deserve an international recognition

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Artistes Don't Deserve A Grammy - Hiptv CEO, Ayo Animashaun by Abam01: 12:31pm On May 05, 2018
98% of todays Nigerian musicians sings trash.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Artistes Don't Deserve A Grammy - Hiptv CEO, Ayo Animashaun by SAMBARRY: 12:31pm On May 05, 2018
The people that will come and behead you are sharpening their knives.iseju meji lomafite
Re: Nigerian Artistes Don't Deserve A Grammy - Hiptv CEO, Ayo Animashaun by YankeeJJC(m): 12:31pm On May 05, 2018
Buhari's Brother
Re: Nigerian Artistes Don't Deserve A Grammy - Hiptv CEO, Ayo Animashaun by Nobody: 12:31pm On May 05, 2018
The Grammies is truly not for us, Africans. They arranged it into categories beforehand, and the categories are hardly our thing. Simply put, it's not a level playing ground. It doesn't overrule the fact that we can still win it though. But truly, there is no music World Cup.

End time op. To chop you raw just de hungry me...

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Artistes Don't Deserve A Grammy - Hiptv CEO, Ayo Animashaun by khalleb(m): 12:31pm On May 05, 2018
you said it all NO WORLD CUP FOR MUSIC

Let them come and win awards in Nigeria or Africa.

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Artistes Don't Deserve A Grammy - Hiptv CEO, Ayo Animashaun by khalleb(m): 12:32pm On May 05, 2018
you said it all NO WORLD CUP FOR MUSIC
Let them come and win awards in Nigeria or Africa.
Re: Nigerian Artistes Don't Deserve A Grammy - Hiptv CEO, Ayo Animashaun by officialMarcTimi(m): 12:32pm On May 05, 2018
Headies is stupid like da Grammy, as an artist I dnt need any but money.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Artistes Don't Deserve A Grammy - Hiptv CEO, Ayo Animashaun by Bluntguy: 12:32pm On May 05, 2018
That is another way of saying that Nigerian youths are lazy. Nonsense.
Re: Nigerian Artistes Don't Deserve A Grammy - Hiptv CEO, Ayo Animashaun by Skepticus: 12:32pm On May 05, 2018
Only cretins would argue over this

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Artistes Don't Deserve A Grammy - Hiptv CEO, Ayo Animashaun by coken: 12:32pm On May 05, 2018
true talk only 2baba
Re: Nigerian Artistes Don't Deserve A Grammy - Hiptv CEO, Ayo Animashaun by thatigboman: 12:33pm On May 05, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Neither do the folks who buy your Headies award deserve it.

Nigerian artistes deserve the Grammy and even more if they merit it. Sadly, such folks don't even get nominated on your fake Headies.
dont rush to comment based on headline.
Read the full story. The guy made a lot of sense

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Artistes Don't Deserve A Grammy - Hiptv CEO, Ayo Animashaun by thatigboman: 12:33pm On May 05, 2018
Mods, the headline is deceiving. Quite different from the body of the story.
Pls modify

10 Likes

Re: Nigerian Artistes Don't Deserve A Grammy - Hiptv CEO, Ayo Animashaun by Wizkhalifa2(m): 12:34pm On May 05, 2018
Headies is crap tho.
Re: Nigerian Artistes Don't Deserve A Grammy - Hiptv CEO, Ayo Animashaun by Slikbae: 12:34pm On May 05, 2018
grin
Re: Nigerian Artistes Don't Deserve A Grammy - Hiptv CEO, Ayo Animashaun by mosho2good: 12:34pm On May 05, 2018
When they don't sing any reasonable music and most of their music doesn't have good lyrics and u think the Grammy's listen to all those trash they called music.
Re: Nigerian Artistes Don't Deserve A Grammy - Hiptv CEO, Ayo Animashaun by overhypedsteve(m): 12:35pm On May 05, 2018
Uhv

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Collaborations Between Nigerian And Foreign Musicians You Will Love To See / Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive / What Are The Songs You Never Get Tired Of??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.