Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,568 members, 7,850,948 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 11:17 AM

Amaechi Merits Ministerial Nomination,A Labourer Deserves His Wages:Okey Bakassi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amaechi Merits Ministerial Nomination,A Labourer Deserves His Wages:Okey Bakassi (1173 Views)

What Amaechi Said About Wike's Ministerial Nomination 4years Ago..!!! / Okorocha, Tinubu Set To Clash Over Ministerial Nomination / VP Osinbajo Gives Ministerial Nomination Criterias (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amaechi Merits Ministerial Nomination,A Labourer Deserves His Wages:Okey Bakassi by jonhemma11: 11:55am On Oct 10, 2015
Following criticisms from many Nigerians that Rotimi Amaechi does not deserve ministerial nomination due to an alleged corruption,Comedian Okey Bakassi has aired his view on the issue.According to him,both Amaechi and Fashola deserve their nomination because a workman is entitled to his wages.

Read what he said below....

"Fellow Nigerians, I have not commented on National issues for a while. I've been minding my business.....

I've been following the controversies generated by the ministerial LIST.

My opinion:

It will be against the law of natural justice not to include Rotimi Amaechi in PMB's list.

Even the holy book says.....a workman is entitled to his wages...... We have all sinned and come short of the glory.....

Amaechi put everything he had...plus his life on the line , towards the campaign and election of PMB. It will be an act of wickedness for him not to benefit from it. 

On the allegations of corruption against Amaechi; I'm not EFCC, ICPC, CCT or GOD to pass judgement ....nobody in the entire government is 100% clean, why single out Amaechi or Fashola.

Let it be on record that I supported PDP in the last election and still support them and I did not collect money from anyone for my support.

I may not like Amaechi's role in the removal of GEJ but I support his inclusion in the ministerial list. It's only fair that "person wey follow work, must follow chop". He's also one of the few that look like youth in that list.

I also think they should leave Saraki alone to ......

I want to see how much CHANGE we can actually get.

Have a fun weekend @okeybakassy''

3 Likes

Re: Amaechi Merits Ministerial Nomination,A Labourer Deserves His Wages:Okey Bakassi by Nobody: 12:12pm On Oct 10, 2015
Fair.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Merits Ministerial Nomination,A Labourer Deserves His Wages:Okey Bakassi by ojun50(m): 12:33pm On Oct 10, 2015
I knw there plan
Saraki must make sure Amaechi scale through if nt saraki should be prepared to go back nd face is crime.
Re: Amaechi Merits Ministerial Nomination,A Labourer Deserves His Wages:Okey Bakassi by Nobody: 12:47pm On Oct 10, 2015
Nice one@ Okey Bakassi. But, doesn't the law of natural justice also state that 'what goes around comes around'? Lets just let karma play it's role. Shalom!
Re: Amaechi Merits Ministerial Nomination,A Labourer Deserves His Wages:Okey Bakassi by hinwazaka: 12:53pm On Oct 10, 2015
This was the same song at the Bayelsa APC primaries by the youths, to the APC, when the Edo state GOVENOR, in cohorts with the APC chairman, attempted to dislodge Timpriye Silva, for their own selfish reasons. APC is all about CONTRIBUTE, CLAIM and COLLECT, not change.
Re: Amaechi Merits Ministerial Nomination,A Labourer Deserves His Wages:Okey Bakassi by TonyeBarcanista(m): 12:59pm On Oct 10, 2015
Okey Bakassi should hide his head in shame. How can we reward a man that looted the common wealth of Rivers state in the name of 'a labourer deserve its reward'? Why didn't Nigeria honour armed robber Anini for philantropic work by spraying proceeds of his robbery in the market? Amaechi was unfaithful with rivers resources. He must face his punishment and not reward.

The Bible clearly says that 'whoever is unfaithful with little things should not be entrusted with bigger one'. The Bible also said the Sin of the sinner SHALL find them out.

The passage of "the labourer deserve his reward" is meant to be those that are faithful not crooks.

If Buhari want to reward Amaechi, he should do so from his personal property and not the resources of Nigeria. By nominating Amaechi and co, Buhari has passed a verdict that his government is morally bankrupt and he values politics over principles.
Re: Amaechi Merits Ministerial Nomination,A Labourer Deserves His Wages:Okey Bakassi by jlinkd78(m): 1:03pm On Oct 10, 2015
Okey Bakassi I was honestly expecting ur write up wud v ended with 'na joke ooh' but if this is ur unbiased input you are about losing ur fan base including me ur namesake. It is either d Apc/Buhari do not really understand d level of animosity against Amaechi by d entire Rivers populace vis-a-vis South South or PMB has a hand in even embarrassing Amaechi by bringing him to d fore so that his dirty linen wud be used to disqualify him and PMB will tell him dat it was ur ppl dat denied u. I strongly suspect Bubu wud v given Amaechi d post that do not need Senate ratification/ confirmation if truly he wanted to compensate his ATM machine. Truth is d feudal/oligarchic north understands this politics more than most of us but Amaechi was warned earlier during his unholy romance with them but he was deaf. The most credible thing Amaechi can do now is to write a letter of withdrawal citing mood of d nation and determining who takes d slot possiblt his man Dakuku than suffering imminent humiliation in d hallowed chambers. As it even stands now for d mere fact dat Pmb has nominated Amaechi whether cleared or not, our 'anti-corruption' President has already failed d integrity test in d eyes of a lot of sane minds. Amaechi case is so bad that as it stands now d entire 3 senators and 10 House of Rep mbrs from Rivers have issued a joint statement maintaining their anti- Amaechi stand. I honestly wonder how Amaechi will survive this greatest battle of his life which will make or mar his political career. On a final note, lets all learn from this unfolding drama and learn not to play god sometimes cos karma is a bi*tch
Re: Amaechi Merits Ministerial Nomination,A Labourer Deserves His Wages:Okey Bakassi by OtunbaJega: 1:13pm On Oct 10, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
Okey Bakassi should hide his head in shame. How can we reward a man that looted the common wealth of Rivers state in the name of 'a labourer deserve its reward'? Why didn't Nigeria honour armed robber Anini for philantropic work by spraying proceeds of his robbery in the market? Amaechi was unfaithful with rivers resources. He must face his punishment and not reward.

The Bible clearly says that 'whoever is unfaithful with little things should not be entrusted with bigger one'. The Bible also said the Sin of the sinner SHALL find them out.

The passage of "the labourer deserve his reward" is meant to be those that are faithful not crooks.

If Buhari want to reward Amaechi, he should do so from his personal property and not the resources of Nigeria. By nominating Amaechi and co, Buhari has passed a verdict that his government is morally bankrupt and he values politics over principles.

This comment belongs to the garbage bin
Re: Amaechi Merits Ministerial Nomination,A Labourer Deserves His Wages:Okey Bakassi by ogmaskman: 1:34pm On Oct 10, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

What rubbish. Since when did you become a judge to pronounce Amaechi guilty and wike a saint. You Are a pathetic loser. You sang APC on top of your voice befor decamping to PDP when you heard GEJ was freely DASHING hunger stricken parrots like you $$$. What moral justification you, wike, or any politician have to call amaechi a thief. You push your personal opinion down d throat of your whacked friends as if you are quoting an authority. You must be sweating in you lungs to have the temerity to call another currupt when indeed you support a regime that gave out the most handouts in the history of Nigeria.

Your family need tie marine rope for your waist because very soon you go enter Bush.
Re: Amaechi Merits Ministerial Nomination,A Labourer Deserves His Wages:Okey Bakassi by jlinkd78(m): 1:44pm On Oct 10, 2015
ogmaskman:

What rubbish. Since when did you become a judge to pronounce Amaechi guilty and wike a saint. You Are a pathetic loser. You sang APC on top of your voice befor decamping to PDP when you heard GEJ was freely DASHING hunger stricken parrots like you $$$. What moral justification you, wike, or any politician have to call amaechi a thief. You push your personal opinion down d throat of your whacked friends as if you are quoting an authority. You must be sweating in you lungs to have the temerity to call another currupt when indeed you support a regime that gave out the most handouts in the history of Nigeria.

Your family need tie marine rope for your waist because very soon you go enter Bush.
Nobody has said Amaechi is guilty yet but d issue at stake is on d moral burden created by d President himself when he declared dat ppl 'perceived' to be corrupt will not be part of his govt and for this reason most of us waited for over 4mnths for d saintly 'noise makers' only to be embarrassed by d names we saw. It is called transfer of aggression. For d fact too dat Amaechi is not yet guilty was why we had expectd him to have appeared before d Justice Omerili commission of enquiry to have defended himself. Petitions were sent to efcc, icpc , d presidency on Amaechi yet PMB still nominated him in sheer disregard of d 'body language' of Rivers ppl.
Re: Amaechi Merits Ministerial Nomination,A Labourer Deserves His Wages:Okey Bakassi by ogmaskman: 2:40pm On Oct 10, 2015
jlinkd78:
Nobody has said Amaechi is guilty yet but d issue at stake is on d moral burden created by d President himself when he declared dat ppl 'perceived' to be corrupt will not be part of his govt and for this reason most of us waited for over 4mnths for d saintly 'noise makers' only to be embarrassed by d names we saw. It is called transfer of aggression. For d fact too dat Amaechi is not yet guilty was why we had expectd him to have appeared before d Justice Omerili commission of enquiry to have defended himself. Petitions were sent to efcc, icpc , d presidency on Amaechi yet PMB still nominated him in sheer disregard of d 'body language' of Rivers ppl.

Buhari said and I quote "NO CURRUPT.......". This is different from perceived to be currupt. That's why we have the law courts. If it's about perception nobody will cross to the other side in Nigeria. My point.

(1) (Reply)

CNN Investigates Why Buhari Dump $182M Halliburton Bribe Scandal / Biafra - The Oldest Slang For FRAUD!!! / Audu's Death.. Tinubu Has Questions To Answer..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.